• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Good games, Anon. You're honestly too good for me to go against, I actually got discouraged on my own skills.

That last match was horrible, I made the same mistake twice.. :c

Good games, Anon. You're honestly too good for me to go against, I actually got discouraged on my own skills.

Aw, that makes me feel bad to hear it. You shouldn't be discouraged! I'm not just saying it, you've got some very real skill! Don't be down on yourself for losing a few matches.

And don't worry about the SDs at the end. The number of times I've down-air'd with Mega Man to my doom is too many to count.

ChrisD

Hey, I got spiked by ROB twice in one match, and then once more in each subsequent round. Got ya' beat on mistakes two-fold. Don't feel bad.

Spinluck

What do you do when Sonic is sitting on the other side of the stage charging up his spindash? Can't rush him because he'll just release and bump into you, but if you wait then he just starts flying all over and you don't know what he's going to do.

Well, what character are you using first of all? If you have projectiles, use them... same for anything that can help you space (certain aerials, tilts, characters with swords, and etc). Basically anything with greater range than Sonic's normals with decent execution time.

As a Sonic main, I fight many people like you who are sort of confused and freeze up due to Sonic's unpredictability. Make him predictable and bait him into making mistakes.

Dodge homing attack when possible, and chase him down when he runs away (beware chasing him down while he's dashing though :lol). A lot of the time Sonic's will actually use moves to escape, and some do not react well when they have no space and are facing constant pressure. So try to make them uncomfortable). Grab him whenever possible, and stay close to the edge when you see him charging any spin move. He has a bit more KO potential, but all of his KO moves are still really predictable.

If you ever want a Sonic to practice against here's my FC: 5215-0711-9638

Aw, that makes me feel bad to hear it. You shouldn't be discouraged! I'm not just saying it, you've got some very real skill! Don't be down on yourself for losing a few matches.

And don't worry about the SDs at the end. The number of times I've down-air'd with Mega Man to my doom is too many to count.

Noo, you shouldn't feel bad at all. You have a lot going for you, plus I honestly think you have the best Mega Man ever. I usually can do things against other opponents but with you.. That went out the window. Lol. Well I lost a lot of matches, but i'm mostly discouraged from not being able to at least take one stock from you on those matches. >.<

That stuff has never happened before, that was my worst play ever. Haha.

Hey, I got spiked by ROB twice in one match, and then once more in each subsequent round. Got ya' beat on mistakes two-fold. Don't feel bad.

I was Captain Falcon and I was off-stage, trying to recover, I tried to get my side-b out but instead Falcon Punch came out and died. I did that twice in one match. :|

ASTROID2

Guess who just spent 5 or so hours trying to beat Classic mode at level 9.
ME!!
How the fuck am I supposed to do it? Bowsers definitely the best guy and I can get to the swords version of master core every time, and sometimes beat it. But I just can get through it all. Is there some cheap way of doing it? I've just about givin up.

Forkball

The great thing about the New 3DS being released in Japan is if you lose, you can just say "that guy is probably Japanese and has a N3DS so he can c-stick, so I'm at a disadvantage!"

Guess who just spent 5 or so hours trying to beat Classic mode at level 9.
ME!!
How the fuck am I supposed to do it? Bowsers definitely the best guy and I can get to the swords version of master core every time, and sometimes beat it. But I just can get through it all. Is there some cheap way of doing it? I've just about givin up.

I did it with Greninja after a few tries. Equipped the health regenerating item, a big defense one and an okish attack one. Had high attack, slight defense upgrade, and high negative speed.

Sword is probably the form I have the least trouble with mainly because I get greedy on the scorpion phase. Once I learned to stop getting flung off the edge on the human form, I got the scorpion form around half down before dying because I tried just standing still and spamming smash attacks too much. Finished off scorpion form with a tiny amount of damage. Almost everything in his sword form can be blocked to some extent. Main thing I took damage from was the attack where the swords separate and attack one at a time. It's not too hard to avoid most of them by spamming dodge. I kept trying to roll from the last one though which never worked. When I finished the sword form, I was around 70%. Last form obviously varies per character but I found him pretty easy since I've mainly focused on Greninja.

Sora_N

Just had a for fun match and this little shit used Pikachu and just spammed thundershock and thunder for 2 minutes. It didn't help him win but it was annoying and laggy. Worst game I played so far.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
I wish I had tried For Fun earlier, it's a lot better then I expected. I won by killing 3 people with a warp star with 5 seconds to left, and every person quit afterwards.

ant1532

Banned
I wish I had tried For Fun earlier, it's a lot better then I expected. I won by killing 3 people with a warp star with 5 seconds to left, and every person quit afterwards.

the lag when i played for fun was gross though :/

im actually down to play a few more before bed if anyone is down

Top Bottom