• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Played Smash for a few hours yesterday. Some quick impressions:

- Smash is still incredibly fun. I forgot how much I loved it.
- Controls are actually pretty okay. Sure hands get cramped after a while but the biggest annoyance is the small size of the screen. Its so easy to lose yourself. Very frustrating.
- Super laggy online. Not happy about this, considering how flawless MK8 online has been since launch.

Basically, absolutely cannot wait until the Wii U version comes out.

GSP is basically how far you are from the bottom vs the traditional model of how far you are from the top.
I still feel it is an approximation as downloading a million scores for a mode is impractical so it probably looks at some key points and does a statistical distribution for the rest. Apparently the Mario Kart time trial histograms work on a similar method way (and are are skewed to make you seem better).

I guess you could say it is for fun, rather than for glory :p

This is going to be the Smash 4 version of that Wolf summoning the Land Master into a pit in Brawl video, isn't it?

Yes they are :/

I got wrecked the other day by Gordos. DDD just happened to be there.

you can hit them back at Dedede if you time it right. They are pretty easy to deal with on the ground once you realise that and can actually really screw Dedede over (you can hit them back at him before he can shield it).

In the air and recovering, though... yeah, they are annoying.

GamerSoul

you can hit them back at Dedede if you time it right. They are pretty easy to deal with on the ground once you realise that and can actually really screw Dedede over (you can hit them back at him before he can shield it).

In the air and recovering, though... yeah, they are annoying.

And they can even stick to the side of the stage too, iirc. Lol. My main problem is that I'm use to brawl's DDD who just throws it at you but in 4 he uses his hammer so my timing is really off. Thanks for the advice.

ggs. Not even close this time. :<

Hah, well I tried what turned out to be a much better strategy vs Wario this time. The new bike mechanics and the quicker fart buildup totally threw me off. Have you played any other Mii Brawlers? Curious to see how mine compares.

Romance I am hosting

Hah, well I tried what turned out to be a much better strategy vs Wario this time. The new bike mechanics and the quicker fart buildup totally threw me off. Have you played any other Mii Brawlers? Curious to see how mine compares.
You're the only Mii Brawler I played against so I really don't know what to do against this character haha.

DaBoss

2uy7bqI.jpg

I eat Master Cores for breakfast.

Didn't lose a stock to Master Core. I got 2 new custom moves, too.

339 custom moves.

Any advice on how to get the last few trophies? I think I'll need like another 10 to 20. The trophy store doesn't have any new ones recently and even in trophy rush, I hardly get new ones. But I figured playing trophy rush is the best way to get them?

Cranzor

Any advice for how to deal with a Toon Link who just evades and projectile spams the whole match? I played a guy in for glory who did just that and didn't know how to deal with him. I was Lucina and the only way I could approach him was in the air but I got punished for it almost every time and then he'd run away. So frustrating. I hate feeling like I lost because I got cheesed.

I feel like almost half of the matches I play online are like this but with various characters. I don't know how to play against someone like that.

Getting Mii parts and moves I already have unlocked is really starting to piss me off. I have very few moves unlocked and the game just gives me the same damn ones...

Quoting myself like a total lamer here but I just got two of the same damn custom move drop at once! LKJFEWOIJ()WJG)INSGNSQJR(_(UR

Top Bottom