• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Geez, second go and Master Core was defeated with 4 seconds left. The announcer kept countering down as it floated down, giving me heart heart attack. I guess they can't stop the voice clip or something.

Dr. Buni

I hate that Snake isn't in this game. I hate it so much.
eBwo5KM.jpg

$200

Banned
I just discovered how (seemly) cheap ROB's forward B is. It attacks both way, hits hard, and deflect projectiles (including Mega Man's charge shot) and in the case of it being shielded, it goes on long enough for you to spin to the other side of the opponent to avoid an easy grab. Lvl 9 CP have completely no answer to it and I've been getting a lot of wins on For Glory just from spamming it a lot.

It has to have some kind of obvious weaknesses. What are they?

Ricky 7

I just discovered how (seemly) cheap ROB's forward B is. It attacks both way, hits hard, and deflect projectiles (including Mega Man's charge shot) and in the case of it being shielded, it goes on long enough for you to spin to the other side of the opponent to avoid an easy grab. Lvl 9 CP have completely no answer to it and I've been getting a lot of wins on For Glory just from spamming it a lot.

It has to have some kind of obvious weaknesses. What are they?

Attack from above?

NeonZ

So if Master Hand is a kid playing with the Smash trophies, is Master Core that same kid having a mental breakdown?

The "kid playing with toys" concept hasn't applied directly since Melee, when Master Hand's and Crazy Hands' trophies described them as incarnations of creation and destruction, standing in the space between this world and another (Final Destination).

The "kid playing with toys" concept hasn't applied directly since Melee, when Master Hand's and Crazy Hands' trophies described them as incarnations of creation and destruction, standing in the space between this world and another (Final Destination).

Ah I see.

Whilst I'm asking things, why do they insist on pastel colors for Robin's palette swaps? Infuriating. Pretty disappointed at the lack of options for Robin in general, since they gave a pretty all-round choice with Villager.

RiggyRob

It's the length of your virtual penis.

So bigger
numbers
is better?

There's no challenges associated with it, or matchmaking based on it, or anything? I remember Sakurai explaining that he didn't want to do leaderboards because you'd be lost in the millions of people playing the game, but Global Smash Power is just a string of random numbers to me.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I really can't believe how lag free some of the matches I play are. It's miraculous that an online Nintendo game is this responsive.

RiggyRob

Yes. Your score is the amount of people you're better than.

Thanks for the explanation - in that case, my Olimar having a Global Smash Power of over 1.2 million for Target Blast sounds good, but in actual fact since we know the game has sold over 2.5 million worldwide, it's actually less than average. Bollocks.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Thanks for the explanation - in that case, my Olimar having a Global Smash Power of over 1.2 million for Target Blast sounds good, but in actual fact since we know the game has sold over 2.5 million worldwide, it's actually less than average. Bollocks.
I'd think you'd need to connect online and play a match to register your GSP in order to be counted. I refuse to belive that there are 1 million other people doing 9.0 classics with every character, and consistently better than me.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
GSP is basically how far you are from the bottom vs the traditional model of how far you are from the top.

Zing

Banned
Last night I had the game crash for the first time. Error appeared and system had to reboot.

Not true. GSP only factors in those who have connected online and played that game mode.

CitrusStorm

Unconfirmed Member
Holy crap, finally beat Classic mode at 9.0 difficulty last night! Had to nearly max out Link's defense to do so, but I'm so relieved after all this time.

For Glory is so boring. Everyone plays the exact same and have the exact same, predictable patterns. :<

I've only played like two people off the top of my head who actually adapted to what I do.

Masked Man

I said wow
Last night I had the game crash for the first time. Error appeared and system had to reboot.

That's happened to me twice. :( Strangely enough, it didn't affect the other two people I was playing with.

For Glory is so boring. Everyone plays the exact same and have the exact same, predictable patterns. :<

I've only played like two people off the top of my head who actually adapted to what I do.

It hasn't been that bad for me, but I have noticed a lot of people have one pattern they stick to and refuse to change. It also seems to depend on the time of day.

Speaking of people that don't change their strategy, fighting people that think playing as Little Mac gives you some advantage is pretty fun. I had one guy who couldn't beat me with his Kirby/ZSS, so he switched over to Little Mac and stuck with him for 5-6 matches. Every match I would grab him at the edge, throw him off, then punch him in the air and he'd never recover. I won one match without taking any damage too. Some of these Little Mac players need to learn to mix their game up with grabs and counters.

The ones that really trip me up though are the good Yoshi players and the good Sonic players.

That's why you play every mode B^)

I play one after the after , 4 player for glory can be addicting and 2 vs 2 for glory
And then back to 4 player smash with items, hitting people with the blue falcon never gets old :p

Sonic is deadly in the right hands, had 2 straight L's with a sonic player D:

Top Bottom