• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Cranzor

Anyone want to play? I'm tired of getting really frustrated in for glory. Hopefully we can play some matches where the stakes aren't quite as high. :p

2707-1597-2353

EDIT: Zyrox, I'll play!

DaBoss

I'm sitting with a Gannondorf score of 778170, gsp of 1633925. Not sure how to get any higher...
I don't really pay attention to score, but I think I have an idea of how it works.

The only things I know contribute to the score is not losing stocks and finishing enemies in the least amount of time possible. If you want to get the best score possible, just use equipment, the one that gives critical hits or something. It would probably make it easy to get a high score.

-----------------------------------------------
My goal is to clear 9.0 intensity with lots (all if I feel like it) of characters without using equipment. And some people were saying Mac was hard to use against Master Core. All you need to do is Up-Smash.
do you not get credit for a challenge if you havent unlocked the page for it? I didn't get the item for breaking all ten red targets and I have no interest in doing that crap again.
You do get credit for it. There are probably videos showing the easiest way of getting all the targets.

kunonabi

do you not get credit for a challenge if you havent unlocked the page for it? I didn't get the item for breaking all ten red targets and I have no interest in doing that crap again.

Currently drunk and never been so pissed off at a game in my life.
Ruined my 85% For Glory to some shitty fucking punk ass ROB son of a cock shit dome. I literally want to buy a ROB off of eBay just so I can drop the motherfucker. Go eat a dick. I went outside and started punching tables. I guess I'm getting my money's worth. Really great game.

Don't drink and Smash, kids.

jokkir

I hate how totally unreliable planting and growing trees are. There are so many times I could have KO'd someone from a growing tree only for it not to grow even when doing the animation on top of the sapling

LLShC.gif

This is my record so far:

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I was looking through pictures that people uploaded from 3DS. I'm aware that we didn't get one feature but I want to bring it up. There is a planned mode for us to trading the replay, pictures and mii fighters over the internet. It might be added through DLC in the future.

Remember this picture from ESRB Leak.

Y666m62.jpg

So, I found the pictures that people uploaded straight from 3DS.

Azuran

Banned
"Metal... Bowser.... Junior?"

This announcer is killing me lol. I have no idea why I laughed so hard at that when playing classic.

Wow shamrock you are really really good. First player I couldn't beat at all.

I couldn't seem to do a running grab the whole time though and kept doing >B/upB when I didn't want, dunno why. I don't normally have input errors :(

Nah, you get credit once you unlock the page. I had lots break once I done all 35 on the first.

Tan

Playing All-Star mode over and over made me realize I hate the stage selection of the game. Hopefully the Wii U version fixes it.

The biggest bummer about the stage selection is that most stages are almost great. They just go way too far with transformations and stage hazards.

Tan

Do you need to hold a direction to not rocket straight past the ledge?

Don't hold down. This goes for most things (all up specials). If you hold down you won't snap to the ledge. Also useful for when you want to come up with an Up B and punish anyone standing near the ledge.

Playing All-Star mode over and over made me realize I hate the stage selection of the game. Hopefully the Wii U version fixes it.

This game's stage selection is great. I don't mind hazards as they're all pretty easy to avoid and if you get comboed into them its your own fault.

I was looking through pictures that people uploaded from 3DS. I'm aware that we didn't get one feature but I want to bring it up. There is a planned mode for us to trading the replay, pictures and mii fighters over the internet. It might be added through DLC in the future.

Remember this picture from ESRB Leak.

Y666m62.jpg

So, I found the pictures that people uploaded straight from 3DS.

The other thing that's interesting in the ESRB shot is "connecting to the internet..."

Wonder if the game was supposed to seamlessly connect to Nintendo Network, but for whatever reason they had to add that "connecting" loading screen instead.

All custom moves unlocked! That was probably the worst grind that I can recall. The concept of custom specials is really cool, but there's really no reason for them to be so difficult to unlock- it's like they're trying to make sure that the coolest new feature in Smash isn't fully seen by anybody.

It's been so long so someone correct me if I'm wrong but:

The online, while spotty, is significantly better than brawl, correct?
It's definitely better.

Playing with anyone works seamlessly. You can play for as long as you want against the same opponent, but unfortunately there's no way to communicate -- not even predetermined short sentences like in Mario Kart.

I like the division between "For Fun" and "For Glory" a lot, you can actually find great opponents in For Glory. There's a decent variety of modes and options too.

I don't know how the netcode compares to other fighting games, it's still a bit laggy from time to time, but it's noticeably better than Brawl.

Jawmuncher

The match before I was Ike with more than double the next highest speed stat. Fox casually strolled past me.

Yeah the fact that the last match is all kinds of random is really bad and poorly thought out.
Since i had the same situation before. To the point that heavy characters are basically never worth it regardless of what you get on the level or equipment. Mode is just all kinds of a mess of ideas.

Tan

I wish you could unlock stuff from playing online matches. I'm at 50 custom moves (or so it says) and I really don't want to play single player anymore.

SeanR1221

god yes. I can't think of a game with worse online from that era and onwards.

It's definitely better.

Playing with anyone works seamlessly. You can play for as long as you want against the same opponent, but unfortunately there's no way to communicate -- not even predetermined short sentences like in Mario Kart.

I like the division between "For Fun" and "For Glory" a lot, you can actually find great opponents in For Glory. There's a decent variety of modes and options too.

I don't know how the netcode compares to other fighting games, it's still a bit laggy from time to time, but it's noticeably better than Brawl.

That's what I thought. Thanks guys. I'm addicted to for fun.

I wish you could unlock stuff from playing online matches. I'm at 50 custom moves (or so it says) and I really don't want to play single player anymore.
I'm at 150. Play Smash Run more. Get good at it. Got 3 moves at a time with Mii and Palutena.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet

You can actually pick up Custom Equipment in Smash Mode, but very rarely...I've seen it happen like three times, and a few Trophies.

Top Bottom