• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Zing

Banned
I can't relate to you guys who get no streetsmashes. I get frustrated that the limit is only 12 at a time. I max out every day I walk around the university. I could get far more I bet.

Revven

how do you wall cling...do you just make your char touch the wall and it's automatic?

If you're a character who can wall cling all you have to do is hold toward the stage and they'll wall cling. This REALLY sucks when you're recovering on stages like Warioware because your input can be read as a wall cling when you simply meant to grab the ledge instead so you're a sitting duck for 60 seconds (or until you actually input away from the stage). It was already annoying enough in Brawl but now it's even worse, or at least seems like it is in my experience so far.

Josephl64

yeah exactly. good games dude, you're pikachu and yoshi were woopin on me for a bit lol.

Ah thanks, you were really good too.

Obviously my Pika needs a little work edge-guarding...maybe I'm too risky that I risk my own stock and that's why?

Thanks for the match though, never played a Jiggly before :)

If you're a character who can wall cling all you have to do is hold toward the stage and they'll wall cling. This REALLY sucks when you're recovering on stages like Warioware because your input can be read as a wall cling when you simply meant to grab the ledge instead so you're a sitting duck for 60 seconds (or until you actually input away from the stage). It was already annoying enough in Brawl but now it's even worse, or at least seems like it is in my experience so far.

Oh it's character specific...that explains it. I know greninja can do it then...don't know who else though.

kimtish

Neo Member
Anyone maining DeDeDe here? I'm starting to really get into playing him. He can be a LOT of fun, especially since most people don't know how to deal with him.

Fandangox

So I call up to set the repair for my circle pad today, and I use the 3ds again and it seems it got locked back into place again?

Might as well.kust send it anyways, in case is not truly fixed.

kimtish

Neo Member
So I call up to set the repair for my circle pad today, and I use the 3ds again and it seems it got locked back into place again?

Might as well.kust send it anyways, in case is not truly fixed.

I'm dreading the day mine breaks.

I've got the LoZ3d Black 3ds and my serial number sticker peeled off a while ago :X

ugh im so bad against link lol

ugh sorry about the lag this will be the last round ugg whyyyyyyy

ggs man sorry i was so bad and the matches were laggy :/

Fandangox

I'm dreading the day mine breaks.

I've got the LoZ3d Black 3ds and my serial number sticker peeled off a while ago :X

Mine didn't break, it locked into a position, always inputting right slightly, I don't think even playing smash intensively would bream it, but certainly make the pad support fall off, or get the whole thing loose.

Pyrokai

So Custom Parts....can anyone explain? Where do I view these and how are they different from Powers, Equipment, and Custom Moves?

That happens to me all the time as Greninja.

this 3ds is gonna give me arthritis. My thumb is killing me right now its too small to play comfortably. I don't really care for the stick either I kinda wish I could use the dpad for this game. The game is fun as hell but damn me and this 3ds ain't going to work out I'll probably wait till the Wiiu version comes out. I'll probably just send it back unfortunately.

DMiz

Does anybody have any good strategies for handling Rosalina & Luma?

Was doing some random bats online last night and was getting wrecked by a rather good Rosalina & Luma. I'm a Mega Man player, so I find that the Luma is constantly getting in the way of most of my major offensive options (even the run-in Top Spin and dash slide aren't helping, as the Luma basically soaks them up while Rosa hangs out in the back).

Zomba13

this 3ds is gonna give me arthritis. My thumb is killing me right now its too small to play comfortably. I don't really care for the stick either I kinda wish I could use the dpad for this game. The game is fun as hell but damn me and this 3ds ain't going to work out I'll probably wait till the Wiiu version comes out. I'll probably just send it back unfortunately.

The thing that is holding me back from playing this a fuck ton is the controls. Well, you know, not the controls of the game but rather the device. The circle pad sucks for this and the size and shape of the 3DS (original) is just very bad for this kinda thing. Also the input delay and lag online coupled with the controls can make you kill yourself very easily (Hello Little Mac sibe-b off the edge when I wanted counter. Hello Ness PK thunder not doing a tight enough circle to catch me).

Unbounded

Does anybody have any good strategies for handling Rosalina & Luma?

Was doing some random bats online last night and was getting wrecked by a rather good Rosalina & Luma. I'm a Mega Man player, so I find that the Luma is constantly getting in the way of most of my major offensive options (even the run-in Top Spin and dash slide aren't helping, as the Luma basically soaks them up while Rosa hangs out in the back).

Metal Blade?

Of course, then she'll start doing the gravitational pull.

You're kinda screwed in MM vs Rosa unless you try to beat her at the physical game. In that matchup you're at a significant disadvantage since only 6 of MM's attacking moves aren't projectiles.

I'd recommend anyone who only uses one or two characters to pick up some more. Match-ups are a pretty big deal in this game, so having a diverse character pool is a good idea IMO.

The thing that is holding me back from playing this a fuck ton is the controls. Well, you know, not the controls of the game but rather the device. The circle pad sucks for this and the size and shape of the 3DS (original) is just very bad for this kinda thing. Also the input delay and lag online coupled with the controls can make you kill yourself very easily (Hello Little Mac sibe-b off the edge when I wanted counter. Hello Ness PK thunder not doing a tight enough circle to catch me).

yea it doesn't help that i completely suck at smash.

Guys, we need to talk about Captain Falcon's dash grab

captaindashb6bkf.gif

because holy shit

its pretty good , i do that a lot now when i play for glory, only way to beat the counters, at least you can't counter a grab :D

It's not really that good, the range on the actual grab is pretty small. Easy to whiff and get punished.

I've missed a few times and just keep running :p no punishment there

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Just played my friend who used to play in in melee tournaments back in highschool. Got bodied like a complete scrub with my best character T_T.

Goomba64

Banned
Who is the most overpowered character to use? I keep getting my enemies over 100% first and still always end up losing because I have trouble with KOs. I just got this game and I'm getting tired of losing so much haha.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
My god, I got timed out at 9.0 Master Core with Dunk Hunt with a new hat in my winnings; luckily I didn't lose it.

They give you more hammers for each page of challenges right? I'm not sure if this "destroy 300 or more blocks in trophy rush" wants me to do it in one sitting or not lol.

Top Bottom