• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

agyzuv.png

Today is the day, guys! As of now, the TeamSpeak server for us to use for voice chat is live and ready to go. This means we can finally start actually talking to each other while we play.

I have a list of about 35 people who already expressed interest that I'm going to start sending instructions on how to set all this up, so if you've already told me you want in, expect a PM shortly. For those of you who haven't said anything, let me know and I can send you the instructions on how to set this up and get voice chat going.

Also, don't forget, if voice chat isn't your thing or you want to have a text chat option to go along with this, we already have a great IRC text chat option set up for SmashGAF. Check the bottom of this post for a link to that.

Look forward to talking to you guys!
I'll join on Wed since I'll only be able to voice chat 3 days of the week.

ProphessorX

Neo Member
Hey guys I picked out some highlight matches from the latest massive Japan tourney.

Grand Finals: Nietono (Greninja) vs Choco (ZSS)
Winner's Finals: Nietono (Greninja) vs Rain (Rosalina)
Loser's Finals: Rain (Rosalina) vs Choco (ZSS)
Loser's Semifinals: Daiki (Megaman) vs Choco (ZSS)
WB4: Daiki (Megaman) vs Kusodebu (Lucario)

Daiki's Megaman is what all Megamen should aspire to be.

Thanks for this. That Megaman inspired me. I guess his bair saber has a sweet spot with kill potential? Better than his fair. Noticed megaman relies on his grabbing game and the blade throw. Some rare actual smash attack opportunities, but the charge shot and shoryouken connected some. Gotta be real patient with megaman it seems. I want to see that dair spike connect!

Edit:

That Greninja is really good but I feel like Dabuz's Rosalina from Nintendo's tourney last night was better if not atleast more aggressive and though this one had her moments, Greninja did a great job rushing her and getting rid of Luma repeatedly. That seemed like his textbook move with two water guns to close the distance.

Jawmuncher

Still looking for Rosalina Tips and Tricks.
I know the basics but I can't seem to get down the distancing and positiong of the luma among some things.

Right, ggs! Your Falco is too mean.

Hah, I was telling someone on SmashBoards that I have yet to meteor anyone with Falco, and that all I've been doing with side B was recovering. Now I've got the replays to support side B's usefulness! Your Wario was alright, but your game plan was a little too transparent if you get me. I guess it can't be helped though, since I'm starting to see why people are in favor of 3 stock. :p

Also, I really wish there was a way to impose player limits in rooms. I don't wanna be 1v1ing someone on GAF only for one of my IRL bros to see my open room and think "Oh, looks like I can go get my ass beat by Captain Rage Quit again!" and then I shoot their hopes down with a "Maybe later..." which makes me feel and look like a dick. It's a little minor, but player limits in friend rooms would be greatly appreciated.

Bass260

J@hranimo

Banned
agyzuv.png

Today is the day, guys! As of now, the TeamSpeak server for us to use for voice chat is live and ready to go. This means we can finally start actually talking to each other while we play.

I have a list of about 35 people who already expressed interest that I'm going to start sending instructions on how to set all this up, so if you've already told me you want in, expect a PM shortly. For those of you who haven't said anything, let me know and I can send you the instructions on how to set this up and get voice chat going.

Also, don't forget, if voice chat isn't your thing or you want to have a text chat option to go along with this, we already have a great IRC text chat option set up for SmashGAF. Check the bottom of this post for a link to that.

Look forward to talking to you guys!

Starting to set it up now. I'll probably have to really play around with my headset with this so I may or may not get on tonight. Glad to see it up and running!

Any tips then?

I don't play Wario so I can't say too much, but switching it up never hurt too badly. At the very least, Wario has some more tools for him to use than Falco. Experiment with what you've got and try new things. Most of all, don't give up and don't surrender! Not even to footstool jumps and meteors! :D

Crayolan

So, people in this game seem to love fighting by running away. :p

I was fighting a Yoshi as Jigglypuff in For Glory, and once the timer got low and it was looking like he was gonna lose, he started running away. When it went to sudden death I returned the favor by floating around offstage and letting the bombs kill him.

I don't play Wario so I can't say too much, but switching it up never hurt too badly. At the very least, Wario has some more tools for him to use than Falco. Experiment with what you've got and try new things. Most of all, don't give up and don't surrender! Not even to footstool jumps and meteors! :D
Alright, thanks! Experimenting wouldn't hurt.

Top Bottom