• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Just unlocked all the characters and tried Ganandorf for a bit.

His air is garbage, but man, just a standard charged B does crazy damange. Killed some lvl 7 CPUs over and over and over again with that. Curious how it holds up online, since it takes a moment.

DooD1234

In case no one saw from last page, anyone want to do some 2v2 with me and my brother? I'll be the host so my FC is 5327 0960 1912

Quote and I'll add yours to join.

DMiz

Metal Blade?

Of course, then she'll start doing the gravitational pull.

You're kinda screwed in MM vs Rosa unless you try to beat her at the physical game. In that matchup you're at a significant disadvantage since only 6 of MM's attacking moves aren't projectiles.

The pull is definitely the first problem... My general strategy going in to most first fights (where I have no idea what's going to happen) is to use Crash Bomb and Metal Blade as a smoke-screen; if the Crash Bomb hits, I'll time out for the explosion or rush in for a grab or Top Spin if the opponent wants to shield-wait it out, or do another cross-up while running right at them if the Crash Bomb misses. For obvious reasons, Rosalina and Luma locks both of those out thanks to that gravity pull.

I wish I had saved the replays of the matches I was having as I was getting closer to beating that particular player by the time the third round came about. Flame Sabre remains the best friend, at least to lock down a ninety-degree angle for me to force Rosa to ether back-away (and where I can catch her with a Dash Slide) or roll behind (a Smash Down B can clear her up, and if I'm fast, the spark can catch her and we're playing aerobatics).

Definitely a frustrating match-up. Hoping to get more done with it as I do think it's an uphill battle but there might be something to hash out.

k_hop

Just unlocked all the characters and tried Ganandorf for a bit.

His air is garbage, but man, just a standard charged B does crazy damange. Killed some lvl 7 CPUs over and over and over again with that. Curious how it holds up online, since it takes a moment.

It's neat because it has super armor now, so you can absorb one hit while it's charging up. It's really satisfying to condition your opponent to press A after you land a forward-B, use the super armor to absorb the rising attack and just clobber them.

-Horizon-

I'm still stuck on the 3 unique costumes challenge (I don't want to use a hammer). Darn it Classic and Smash Run, give me something to work with here!

Guess i'll as you guys here. I played the demo way back with someone that gave me an advance code. I liked it but something felt off about the controls. I play on the normal 3DS so that might have something to do with it.

I was thinking about skipping it but I think I really do still want smash. So I have 2 questions:

1) Can I disable up to jump in the full version?
2) Can I map L or R (since I would probably only use one trigger) to grab in the full version?

I know these maybe odd questions as Brawl allowed you to customize controls thoroughly but I never got any real feedback about this.
Thanks.

Guess i'll as you guys here. I played the demo way back with someone that gave me an advance code. I liked it but something felt off about the controls. I play on the normal 3DS so that might have something to do with it.

I was thinking about skipping it but I think I really do still want smash. So I have 2 questions:

2) Can I map L or R (since I would probably only use one trigger) to grab in the full version?

I know these maybe odd questions as Brawl allowed you to customize controls thoroughly but I never got any real feedback about this.
Thanks.

Yes and Yes.

Also I played the demo on an OG 3ds and got an XL when the game came out. Its WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better.

Azuran

Banned

Thanks.

Yes and Yes

Edit: Greninja'd

Thanks.

Yes to both.

『Inaba Resident』;134071472 said:
Yes and Yes.

Also I played the demo on an OG 3ds and got an XL when the game came out. Its WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better.

Yes and Yes

Edit: Greninja'd

Thanks and Thanks.

I would get a 3DS XL but man I just wanna wait now for a New 3DS :/ I still have my demo downloaded. Ill see if I could get used to it before buying the game. I did survive Kid Icarus: Uprising with this so.

Dreavus

I'm still stuck on the 3 unique costumes challenge (I don't want to use a hammer). Darn it Classic and Smash Run, give me something to work with here!

Don't worry too much, the game is still tracking future challenges. I was in the same boat, and when I finally did it I unlocked like 15 panes on the next wall immediately. :)

Revven

Fucking lag, sorry Revven

It was actually my end, I think. My internet just suddenly slowed down and then cut off. I had to reset my modem. Though maybe it was both of us because the first two matches had a few seconds of stutter (though it was still playable).

Still, ggs.

WarAdept

I've said it before and I'll say it again, fuck Ganondorf and his flowchart Flame Choke to dtilt.

Yes I know it's techable and I shouldn't be getting caught in the first place but my god it makes me angry when I just see players on For Glory basically spam the crap out of it across the stage and do nothing else.

Revven

I'm gonna wait around 10-15 minutes here to make sure my internet remains stable before I try playing with anyone else. It's pretty annoying how the speed is fluctuating right now. :/

Josephl64

Zing

Banned
lol, I didn't know you got an online time out for quitting a random For Fun match. Now I have to wait 10 minutes to play again. Why should I be punished for not suffering through people's laggy connections?

Bleh
Did you try toughing it out? I have twice now had matches with horrendous lag. Unplayable. However, after about 30 seconds (realtime, not game time), it clears up and the match is perfectly smooth afterwards.

I would get a 3DS XL but man I just wanna wait now for a New 3DS :/ I still have my demo downloaded. Ill see if I could get used to it before buying the game. I did survive Kid Icarus: Uprising with this so.
As someone who has put way more time and thought into the OG vs XL than is healthy, I'd say if you are content with with OG, just wait it out. I've switched back and forth almost weekly (damn seven day transfer limit) for a couple months now. I think I've settled on the XL for good, but if I had never bought the XL, I would have probably been happier overall. It's pretty much a coin flip for which one is preferred.

Beats

I'm gonna wait around 10-15 minutes here to make sure my internet remains stable before I try playing with anyone else. It's pretty annoying how the speed is fluctuating right now. :/

Want to play once you're ready? I have you added already. : )

Zing

Banned
Anyone want to play some four player matches? Team or otherwise? I usually play with randoms.

My friend code is in my profile.

Revven

Want to play once you're ready? I have you added already. : )

I think I'm able to play now, internet seems to be fine so far (tested a For Glory match). Though if the connection goes to shit after a game or two then it might be me again lol.

Host the room!

After taking a few days off from online, either people are getting better or I'm getting worse. Played a lot of good Yoshi's and Rosalina's, and no Mac's.

Neiteio

I was with friends at an apple orchard all day. I think it says something about this game that I can hardly keep my eyes open yet I still want to play it, lol.

Revven

Yeah my internet is acting up again... :/

We'll have to play maybe tomorrow afternoon, Beats, my whole internet is fluctuating like crazy tonight. It's purely my end and I'm sorry, my ISP sucks ass.

Top Bottom