• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Zing

Banned
Wow, I just watched a video of Smash Bros loading on the new 3DS. It loads in seconds, just like a 3DS game should. It's nuts. We need these in North America ASAP.

TheOGB

Banned
I just tuned in a minute ago to see Doc uppercutting Mario (and my ears getting btfo)

Finally got the game as my birthday present to myself but this Nintendo Network struggle has it at 60% going nowhere fast. ;_;

Jay RaR

I just got bodied by a Ness player on For Glory an hour ago, lol. Nice use of the Yo yo finale and them Up B shenanigans that annoyed me as well.

Blizzard

Banned
If I was counting right, super quick loading is 12 seconds to get from the main screen to the Smash screen. That's better than normal 3DS but hardly instant. :p

RomanceDawn

Played an insanely good Palutena and Marth today. Guy's name was Nicko I think. They might seem underwhelming now but people will figure them out. Where there is a will there is a way.

Smash anyone?0044 2811 9045

FinalHeaven

Neo Member
Does anyone think Zero Suit Samus is super good? I am by no means a Smash bros expert as I haven't owned a game since the N64 but I feel like I am just blowing through fights with her. Her small stun and the whip seems to be strangely strong but I don't really know how to judge it.

Kangi

Whoever thought those giant, invincible skulls of death were a great pick for Smash Run enemies deserves 24 hours in the dungeon.

At best, they force you to drop everything you're working on and flee. At worst, you're suddenly killed by a charging skull coming through the floor. God help you if the music bugs, as it so often does.

RomanceDawn

Does anyone think Zero Suit Samus is super good? I am by no means a Smash bros expert as I haven't owned a game since the N64 but I feel like I am just blowing through fights with her. Her small stun and the whip seems to be strangely strong but I don't really know how to judge it.

She is very very good. She has like the shortest amount of lag on all her aerials and dodges but yes it is the whip that gives her such an edge. The disjointed hit box and range is just great! People who can't power shield well get eaten up by that paralyzer.

Not me however! ;)

WarAdept

Whoever thought those giant, invincible skulls of death were a great pick for Smash Run enemies deserves 24 hours in the dungeon.

At best, they force you to drop everything you're working on and flee. At worst, you're suddenly killed by a charging skull coming through the floor. God help you if the music bugs, as it so often does.

Eh I don't mind them. Kid Icarus Uprising has conditioned me to stay away from Ornes all the time. Don't even care if I encounter one.

Now Cryogonal. That thing is obnoxious.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Can't believe fucking Cryogonal got in, that's literally one of the obscurest Pokemon.

The selection for Pokemon in Smash Run is really odd...beating up Petilil seems wrong, and then you just have Cryogonal, Koffing, and Gastly. There's so many other Pokemon that'd be neat to see, and they use only two well-known ones.

zogged

Im just wondering how people are finding smash run in terms of difficulty and enjoyment. Its been really schizophrenic for me, sometimes I'll breeze through it and other times I'll get constantly swarmed by enemies and end up dying over and over again. Also I can't state how much I dislike the climb ending game which is also the one I seem to get the most

Golnei

Can't believe fucking Cryogonal got in, that's literally one of the obscurest Pokemon.

The selection for Pokemon in Smash Run is really odd...beating up Petilil seems wrong, and then you just have Cryogonal, Koffing, and Gastly. There's so many other Pokemon that'd be neat to see, and they use only two well-known ones.

There's also Chandelure, but I agree that it's a fairly small selection. Though considering the large amount of Pokemon represented through the playable cast and Pokeballs, it's really not all that strange to only have a few in Smash Run.

I find it weird they went with all 'floating' Pokemon. There's zero with legs. Mightyena or Raticate or something would've been cool to see.

Managed to get onto For Glory and ended up fighting on the stream I was watching. Very surreal experience.

Im just wondering how people are finding smash run in terms of difficulty and enjoyment. Its been really schizophrenic for me, sometimes I'll breeze through it and other times I'll get constantly swarmed by enemies and end up dying over and over again. Also I can't state how much I dislike the climb ending game which is also the one I seem to get the most

Getting swarmed with enemies is incredibly annoying. It makes Smash Run feel more like a watch your character get knocked around in humiliating ways simulator. Getting the race event with Jigglypuff was sort of funny, at least.

FinalHeaven

Neo Member
She is very very good. She has like the shortest amount of lag on all her aerials and dodges but yes it is the whip that gives her such an edge. The disjointed hit box and range is just great! People who can't power shield well get eaten up by that paralyzer.

Not me however! ;)

Yeah I didn't even think about her aerials in comparison to the other characters but that's a good point as well. She just seems like an all around badass. The only other characters I've played are Shiek, Zelda, Rosalina though so maybe that says something.

I think the only weird move Zero Suit has is one I unlocked that changes her B + Down ability to something that seems impossible to aim.

LostAnkh

Guardian Luma is my favourite
Because Luma does this, right?
RaYQwUG.gif

What's everyone's current trophy count? I'm at 570.

Slowly going through All-Star. It's boring and you get basically nothing but the Alt. trophy.

Somehow one of my first trophies was Game and Watch's All-Star trophy. Got it from the Classic Mode slot machine. It was before he was even unlocked.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
What's everyone's current trophy count? I'm at 570.

Slowly going through All-Star. It's boring and you get basically nothing but the Alt. trophy.

Somehow one of my first trophies was Game and Watch's All-Star trophy. Got it from the Classic Mode slot machine. It was before he was even unlocked.

Right now, I'm at 33 out of 43 headgears and 639 out of 685. I'm looking forward to 100% this game.

Trophy count is currently at 607.
Number of hats is 41.
Special moves is at 366.

The sheer number of repeats that keep showing up is killing me.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
jwCCFlX.png

Man, have to say, All-Star Mode 2007-2013 is basically all this except Greninja and WFT.

Top Bottom