• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Ricky 7

When I play Shulk, I basically never use Speed or Jump. Buster to rack up damage into Smash, Shield when I'm at a high percent.
Speed is good for pivot grabs and Jump is good for off ledge fighting.

At least you're playing Zard. Poor guy is getting shitted on by almost everyone because he's not Bowser, which makes me cry. You just gotta be patient with him and wait for an opening to punish. He's slow, so whiffing anything with him is bad news. However if the opponent screws up, go nuts, Charizard is a punishing machine.

I have over a 90% win rate on For Glory with just using Charizard so I don't think he's bad like everyone is making him out to be.

zroid

Banned
Thanks, I had an idea this was the case for both. I had a feeling you can't just trade blows with Mac. Doesn't end well.

All sound points which I started doing with some success towards the end. I just need to practice that more, and do more grabs. I noticed a lot of players are one-dimensional and I try to be far from that and mix up timing and attack style, but always forget to mix in some grabs. Maybe cuz it's on the L button. Across all types of platforms, I tend to ignore L triggers the most.

Set grab to Y, never look back!

Degen

I am overjoyed that Ike is considered low-tier (or at least that's what a friend told me)

I didn't wanna break my fighting game streak lol

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Not feeling Bowser Jr at all. These newcomers man. All of them feel so weird to play.

Fortunately I can use stages to kill enemies in classic mode a lot of the time. And I am cheesing walkoffs so hard. Like parmesan hard.

Revven

I must be the only one who have no problems with playing with the circle pad.

Saying you never have trouble doesn't make the problem go away for others. It's a fact that the circle pad is not ideal for this game because of the precision it requires and the lack of any "notches" to give you an idea on where you're pointing the circle pad while playing only hurts the circle pad even more.

I get so focused in a match a lot of the time that it's not possible for me to look at where I'm pointing the circle pad or I assume it will read my diagonal input as Up B and not Side B. When you're playing a character like Greninja who requires you to change his trajectory on his recovery through the use of the circle pad, it creates this issue with performing Side B on accident because you're trying to preemptively steer his recovery (Up B) a certain direction so you don't always go the same path and get edgeguarded. I wouldn't be surprised if this same issue applies to both the spacies and even Pikachu as well.

But it's worse for Greninja because of how his Side B works and I'm so annoyed that, despite how certain I am at where the circle pad is, it still reads my Up B as a Side B instead and I either die because of it or nearly SD and put myself in a bad situation.

It's just an imprecise input for analogue control which Smash is heavily based around.

vixlar

I just can't help but feel so bad about Megaman's side smash: the Charged Buster.

It's strong, really, especially at full charge. But there are some problems with it.

- very, very short range. Even at full charge. It's hard to use when I'm being overwhelmed by projectile users will longer range.
- cannot be stored. Unlike Samus or Lucario, it's not really as potent when somebody can see you charge it up because it will be released afterwards anyway. Can really be dodged and reflected easily.

If only he can store it, damn he could be more potent.

Related to the storing issue... you can't do it in air...

Dr. Buni

Saying you never have trouble doesn't make the problem go away for others. It's a fact that the circle pad is not ideal for this game because of the precision it requires and the lack of any "notches" to give you an idea on where you're pointing the circle pad while playing only hurts the circle pad even more.

I get so focused in a match a lot of the time that it's not possible for me to look at where I'm pointing the circle pad or I assume it will read my diagonal input as Up B and not Side B. When you're playing a character like Greninja who requires you to change his trajectory on his recovery through the use of the circle pad, it creates this issue with performing Side B on accident because you're trying to preemptively steer his recovery (Up B) a certain direction so you don't always go the same path and get edgeguarded. I wouldn't be surprised if this same issue applies to both the spacies and even Pikachu as well.

But it's worse for Greninja because of how his Side B works and I'm so annoyed that, despite how certain I am at where the circle pad is, it still reads my Up B as a Side B instead and I either die because of it or nearly SD and put myself in a bad situation.

It's just an imprecise input for analogue control which Smash is heavily based around.
ok

It's a damn shame we will have to wait at least six years for the next iteration to play as Isabelle. I hope Nintendo isn't as slow to her popularity as they were for Rosalina....

Jado

Banned
Set grab to Y, never look back!

I do:
Y - Special Attack
X - Regular Attack
A - Jump
R- Shield

The default and everything else was a disaster (which I could've probably gotten used to but didn't bother). I'll try grab on B. Will probably work out fine.

Not feeling Bowser Jr at all. These newcomers man. All of them feel so weird to play.

Fortunately I can use stages to kill enemies in classic mode a lot of the time. And I am cheesing walkoffs so hard. Like parmesan hard.

Along with Mr. Game & Watch and Duck Hunt Dog, I main Bowser Jr. (with Lemmy skin cuz Jr sucks). He's amazing.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
It's a damn shame we will have to wait at least six years for the next iteration to play as Isabelle. I hope Nintendo isn't as slow to her popularity as they were for Rosalina....

They...weren't?

Galaxy would've come out after Brawl until it was delayed, iirc. No surprise she didn't get in.

But she quickly made it into Mario Kart Wii, so it's not like they were slow with her.

EhoaVash

i really that Trophy smash game T_T

shit is so lame and boring and makes it more difficult to get trophies

I want the lottery machine back D:

Dr. Buni

Any tips for fighting Rosaluma as Villager? Actually, any tips to fighting a Rosaluma with any character? I have no idea how to fight against this character.

Any tips for fighting Rosaluma as Villager? Actually, any tips to fighting a Rosaluma with any character? I have no idea how to fight against this character.
She's got a hard time against rushdown characters like Little Mac and Sheik.

...That's all I can think of. :V

Masked Man

I said wow
Unfortunately I'm at work! I should be home in a couple of hours, I've been mad busy lately, but hopefully I can play in a couple of hours. I'll let you know!

No worries! I'm gonna sleep for a bit since I have work in the morning, but maybe we could play when I wake up? I'll let you know if/when I'm available! :D

tumblr_nd8sg3KB3i1qi63o6o1_500.jpg

After Brawl, I was taken from the battle, neither truly alive, nor truly dead, an undying shadow, in a world of lights. Now, in front of you, I can finally die.
Hurt me more!!!!

Azuran

Banned
He's sooo hard to use. Wario's all about punishing too but he's really fast and has so many different tools and options to do his job. I feel like I'm missing something about Zard.

I used him in Brawl, he feels so different here. Sticking with him because he's at least fun. (And DK doesn't scratch my heavy itch here)

Tell me about it. His big hitbox doesn't help at all. I swear even a little graze that barely touches him counts as a full hit against him. The best part about him are most of his aerials. Short hop nair and fair are great for approach or driving people back since they have little to no landing lag and are relative safe on block. Flamethrower is good for keeping aggressive opponents away with it's great range. Really makes them think twice before rushing you. Makes for a great edgeguarding tool as well. Also it goes without saying, but don't spam his forward smash or Flare Blitz.

I'm still learning about him since I just picked him up. He has a lot of weakness, but that's what makes it so satisfying when you win with him which is why I'll probably never drop him now.

Finally someone posts a chart of Shulk. I can't pretend to use him if I don't know what any of the random dozen or whatever symbols are supposed to do.

Golnei

Finally someone posts a chart of Shulk. I can't pretend to use him if I don't know what any of the random dozen or whatever symbols are supposed to do.

I'm starting to think it may have been a good idea for Xenoblade to localise the characters associated with the Monado's abilities, seeing as the game was designed with the audience understanding them as a quick shorthand for its battle icons in mind, a similar role to what they play in Smash. The colour-coding helps, but the context isn't immediately present for most of the world.

Top Bottom