• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Raw64life

Just completed All Star and 100 Man with all characters. Smash Run is the only "do X with every character" challenge I have left. I'm REALLY hoping that a perk of Wii U/3DS connectivity is that I don't have to do all that shit again on the Wii U version. I enjoyed most of the challenges but All Star and 100 Man were both tedious as hell and I'm not looking forward to having to do Smash Run with all 50 characters at all.

I've played off and on when I get the chance, and I don't think I've found a character I really don't like playing as. This is nice. Some definitely feel better to me, though. I really like the challenges where you need to win X times with Y character is pretty good; and I'm not trying to cheese them or anything like that.

My dodge timing is a bit off; 4.0 Master+Crazy Hand is giving me problems

random25

Every Captain Falcon I met online in For Glory are almost always in gold palette swap lol. Guess people love their gold falcons.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Saying you never have trouble doesn't make the problem go away for others. It's a fact that the circle pad is not ideal for this game because of the precision it requires and the lack of any "notches" to give you an idea on where you're pointing the circle pad while playing only hurts the circle pad even more.

I get so focused in a match a lot of the time that it's not possible for me to look at where I'm pointing the circle pad or I assume it will read my diagonal input as Up B and not Side B. When you're playing a character like Greninja who requires you to change his trajectory on his recovery through the use of the circle pad, it creates this issue with performing Side B on accident because you're trying to preemptively steer his recovery (Up B) a certain direction so you don't always go the same path and get edgeguarded. I wouldn't be surprised if this same issue applies to both the spacies and even Pikachu as well.

But it's worse for Greninja because of how his Side B works and I'm so annoyed that, despite how certain I am at where the circle pad is, it still reads my Up B as a Side B instead and I either die because of it or nearly SD and put myself in a bad situation.

It's just an imprecise input for analogue control which Smash is heavily based around.

Still happens to me all the time. I'm very conscious about it so I can usually recover in time for an actual up B, but so many times I've gotten the side B twice in a row.

When I play Shulk, I basically never use Speed or Jump. Buster to rack up damage into Smash, Shield when I'm at a high percent.

Jump is probably the best one of the five. The mobility options it gives Shulk is just too good to not use. It is also the only Monado Art that doesn't adversely affect his damage or knockback power.

It's also perfect for edgeguarding. He can go out to the blastzone, do like two aerials, and still make it back comfortably.

As for Speed, it's alright. I usually use it for chases, but it's not as good as the other arts when in a lot of situations. If only it didn't lower his offensive capabilities...

Just completed All Star and 100 Man with all characters. Smash Run is the only "do X with every character" challenge I have left. I'm REALLY hoping that a perk of Wii U/3DS connectivity is that I don't have to do all that shit again on the Wii U version. I enjoyed most of the challenges but All Star and 100 Man were both tedious as hell and I'm not looking forward to having to do Smash Run with all 50 characters at all.

Don't you want custom moves for all characters? You should get 2 or 3 moves at the end if you're lucky.

Astarte

What level do you put the computer on to practice against. I currently have a 65% win rate on for glory but want to get better.

Fighting the computer doesn't really help me. They're too easily exploited and don't go for desperation tactics as people do. People can do crazy shit for no reason, so I just play against people around me to practice.

RomanceDawn

Great games man, Your Bowser and DK on point, beefy mofos

I took your Kirby too lightly and paid for it after that first time you used him, hahaha.

I can see G&W is your speciality. I suicide a lot with the wrong inputs but you legit pushed me off the stage with some of G&W's moves during critical moments. Especially with Bowser. A few times I got ready for upB and one or two of your moves had a wind effect that caused me to suicide.

Look forward to more later!

RomanceDawn

so the general consensus is that 1v1 for glory netcode is good, yeah?

Super duper surprisingly good.

Make sure no one is using iPads and smart phones while you are playing. Aside from that many games I swear I am in the same room with people. Not every game mind you hahaha. I blame their connection though.

If there is input lag I don't notice it one bit when I go from online to real life.

Monster Zero

I took your Kirby too lightly and paid for it after that first time you used him, hahaha.

I can see G&W is your speciality. I suicide a lot with the wrong inputs but you legit pushed me off the stage with some of G&W's moves during critical moments. Especially with Bowser. A few times I got ready for upB and one or two of your moves had a wind effect that caused me to suicide.

Look forward to more later!

Kirby is actually my main lol, I just love game and watch because he's so good with my bad matchups, and a lot of folks don't know how to fight against him. Jesus though with Bowser, when the hell did he get so fast.

Durden77

Hoping this as well. The amount of time I'm putting into the 3DS version is almost stressful at this point. I think you'll just be able to tranfer custom stuff honestly. Not gettin my hopes too high. If you can't at least transfer the custom moves you get I'm gonma rage.

Also anyone want some 1 v 1?

2363-5644-5707

kunonabi

yeah I'm in the middle of the all-star one too.I decided long ago not to bother with all the milestones and challenges. I'm going do the find all the items in Smash Run(ugh) and the 20 hours one to get the last of the mii items and call it quits there. The third panel is exactly why I hate achievements and why I'm perfectly happy with them never being a major component of Nintendo games.

Nose Master

Should I feel bad for using the koopa drone thing a ton as Bowser Jr? No one seems to know how to deal with it, and I feel cheap. All you need to do is shoot any projectile at it or grab/throw it back D:

emb

Should I feel bad for using the koopa drone thing a ton as Bowser Jr? No one seems to know how to deal with it, and I feel cheap. All you need to do is shoot any projectile at it or grab/throw it back D:
No, you should not feel bad at all. If they can't figure out how to get around it, feel free to do it all day. It's the only way they'll learn.

Though unless you have some reason to really want to win, you should also be exploring other options. Playing to learn is probably more important 90% of the time. That said, Jr. might want to have a mechakoopa out most of the time, so don't be shy about it.

Mupod

not a very good first impression for the online. Unplayable lag so I quit out, and now I'm locked out for 10 minutes. Uh, okay.

Durden77

Hell no you shouldn't because...

1.Mechakoopas are awesome.

2 lrn 2 play nubz

emb

So is there any general consensus which characters are better than others? Something like tiers
Nothing definite, but some hyped up characters so far are: Rosalina, Zero Suit Samus, Sheik, Greninja, and Yoshi. Slightly less hyped: Duck Hunt, Bowser, Pac-Man, Little Mac.

But basically a lot of characters look pretty good. A lot of the less seen characters could just be from not being new/improved much from Brawl.

Top Bottom