• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Golnei

Spirit Tracks is the goofiest stage ever.

I feel a sense of overwhelming dread whenever it comes up in All-Star. It's not necessarily a bad stage on its own, though, just a little hard to follow and really ill-suited for being played on a small screen.

It's her second neutral custom. Really useful with characters like Mac where you can roll punish or Olimar as an approaching tool.

I prefer using that one as well. Much more useful than the standard Shield Breaker; it really should have been her default.

Weiss

Banned
I can play relatively well against every character except Little Mac. Unless they practically fling themselves off the stage, even the scrubbiest Mac kicks my ass.

I prefer using that one as well. Much more useful than the standard Shield Breaker; it really should have been her default.
Depends on the character and player for me. As the custom doesn't actually act as Shield Breaker, if it's someone who shields often the standard can sometimes be useful. Still, at higher level play, it seems to be the more useful.

Raw64life

Don't you want custom moves for all characters? You should get 2 or 3 moves at the end if you're lucky.

Yes and it's probably the only reason I'm going to go through playing Smash Run with every character. At least with Smash Run and All Star I got the occasional new trophy/custom move/Mii stuff. 100 Man was just a complete waste of time.

yeah I'm in the middle of the all-star one too.I decided long ago not to bother with all the milestones and challenges. I'm going do the find all the items in Smash Run(ugh) and the 20 hours one to get the last of the mii items and call it quits there. The third panel is exactly why I hate achievements and why I'm perfectly happy with them never being a major component of Nintendo games.

I'm very much against achievements and trophies myself. I used to be a completist in my younger days but Smash Bros. is basically the only franchise where I still feel compelled to 100% it as I've done so with every previous game in the franchise.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Why does the game insist on giving me Team Olimar? Mii Fighters are the most common, but when I don't get those it's usually Olimar. And that is bad because Distant Planet is a bad stage and 3 Olimars running around throwing Pikmin and using items causes the framerate to drop.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
The worst part about Spirit Tracks is how it tricks your brain.

You know, the arrow comes up, and points to the right...in your mind, you think "oh, it's telling me the screen is going to scroll to the right!", but instead, it quickly scrolls to the left, and quickly kills you. I hate that.

Zyrox

Ggs, best DDD I've seen, and my olimar could just not take you down lol no knock back whatsoever!

GGs, your Mac is quite good too. Also, you are the first Olimar (or Alph) I've seen online. When I saw him I was like "Oh, yea, right, Olimar is in this game too" lol

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
In the latest issue of Famitsu, Masahiro Sakurai speaks up about various returning veterans in Smash Brothers such as R.O.B., Falco, and Dr. Mario. Perhaps most interesting of all, and perhaps surprisingly sentimental, is his explanation of the controversial depiction of the King of Evil himself, Ganondorf:

"Ah, yes. I've gotten many complaints about Ganondorf. Why doesn't he use his sword more? Why isn't he as powerful as he is in Zelda? Well, when I decided to add him in Super Smash Brothers, of course he was a late addition included only because his physical appearance was easy enough to model swap over Captain Falcon. So I couldn't do as much justice as I wanted with him, but I worried people would be upset if I left out such an important and striking character.

Ganondorf is somewhat of a contradiction---in Smash Brothers, he's both powerful, yet sometimes comes across as a little worn down, a little tired. In a way, he was greatly influenced by my late father who passed away shortly beforehand. As a child, I viewed my father as a strict-disciplinarian, a man I both feared and respected. But when I grew up, I realized my father, that man I was saw as a powerful figure---a king---was often out of breath, and limped along. I wondered why I feared him so much? And in a way, that's how I've developed Ganondorf as a character. Personally I'm quite close to the character, and thus I find it difficult to bring myself to change him too much."

Oh man, I'll never look at Ganondorf the same way again. :(

Top Bottom