• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

I might've jumped the gun, just saw it posted on /v/ and realized there was no source given. But we always seem to get a new interview from him around this time for the last week...so I assumed it was legit. It sounds like something he'd say, though. :(

>sees it in /v/
>doesn't check for a source

.......come on man!

Thorakai

so what sakurai is saying is ganondorf is his father

this guy is on some good shit

edit: saw the no source, i consider this turn of events still canon

Revven

I am *this* close to completely dropping Greninja until the Wii U version. Every time I am playing on a stage like Yoshi's or Warioware (these come up fairly often in For Glory) I either (while edgeguarding someone) SD because of the accidental wall cling, I mess up my edgeguard because of the accidental wall cling, or I SD because my Up B did not go in the right direction towards the edge because of how imprecise the circle pad is and/or I do Side B instead and SD.

It's extremely frustrating and annoying, even if I make the comeback it's still bullshit. I'm definitely thinking of dropping him on the 3DS, just requires too much precision for so little effort (to execute a Up B properly and/or not wall cling).

Ice climbers leaked for wii u

btUertA.jpg

I am *this* close to completely stop playing Greninja until the Wii U version. Every time I am playing on a stage like Yoshi's or Warioware (these come up fairly often in For Glory) I either (while edgeguarding someone) SD because of the accidental wall cling, I mess up my edgeguard because of the accidental wall cling, or I SD because my Up B did not go in the right direction towards the edge because of how imprecise the circle pad is and/or I do Side B instead and SD.

It's extremely frustrating and annoying, even if I make the comeback it's still bullshit. I'm definitely thinking of dropping him on the 3DS, just requires too much precision for so little effort (to execute a Up B properly and/or not wall cling).
Preachi to the choir, brother. I've watch to working on Lucina cause it's so frustrating.

So I've been playing a ton of Smash Run, anyone got some decent tips for getting mass points? I've been running either one of my Mii's or Little Mac, though earlier I got my high score with Cap'.

Also should I be using the power system while I'm playing? Seems tedious to me a bit.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
so what sakurai is saying is ganondorf is his father

this guy is on some good shit

edit: saw the no source, i consider this turn of events still canon

Sakurai = King DeDeDe
Sakurai's Dad = Ganondorf
Sakurai's Wife = Palutena
Sakurai's Brother = Little Mac
Sakurai's Twins = Pit and Dark Pit
Sakurai's Mistress = Rosalina

I am *this* close to completely dropping Greninja until the Wii U version. Every time I am playing on a stage like Yoshi's or Warioware (these come up fairly often in For Glory) I either (while edgeguarding someone) SD because of the accidental wall cling, I mess up my edgeguard because of the accidental wall cling, or I SD because my Up B did not go in the right direction towards the edge because of how imprecise the circle pad is and/or I do Side B instead and SD.

Greninja I can use just fine despite the occasional forward/up B flub-up, but I think Olimar is a little too difficult to use on the 3DS. I'm definitely going to put extra time with him in the Wii U version.

emb

I get those wall clings pretty often when looking for wall jumps. I don't understand what the situation is where I would ever really want to wall cling. Hate it.

And it is really hard to aim Greninja's up B in time. That move is quick, but the circle pad is not.

More often than that stuff though, I tend to side B instead of up B. Greninja can live through it, but barely. I think this issue is especially exasperated with him, because you have to quickly and precisely transition between doing the up B input, and then aiming the direction.

Tadale

I'm having a similar issue with every character, but especially Greninja. Very excited to finally get to play with a Gamecube controller.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
For people having trouble with quick attack and aqua jet type moves I find it easier to keep my thumb on the outside of the stick and to tap it fast instead of keeping it rested on it

Revven

I get those wall clings pretty often when looking for wall jumps. I don't understand what the situation is where I would ever really want to wall cling. Hate it.

And it is really hard to aim Greninja's up B in time. That move is quick, but the circle pad is not.

More often than that stuff though, I tend to side B instead of up B. Greninja can live through it, but barely.

The wall cling really baffles me, of all the mechanics they introduced in Brawl and chose to keep it was possibly the least useful and most intrusive one to a character's gameplay. I would automatically trade wall clinging for swimming, at least the latter I could avoid completely by not playing on the stages that have water -- the former I can't avoid no matter what I do.

A lot of it has to do with how they programmed wall clinging. Not only is it because it goes into the wall cling if you hold towards the stage for X seconds (this is why it's really easy to do accidentally because if you're drifting towards the ledge it's likely to read that as a wall cling and take priority over the ledgegrab), it doesn't let go unless you jump or input away from the stage. That is the most backwards way to go about it. If you wall cling and let go of the stick, you should fall. Not get stuck on the wall until the timer for the wall cling runs out or until you press a different input.

Of all the things they could have removed or changed, they chose to do nothing about wall clinging and just kept it as though it was an integral aspect to any character's gameplay (when really it wasn't and still isn't integral let alone useful). I don't even remember anyone using wall clings in competitive Brawl for their intended purpose (Lucario's Up B into wall cling or Diddy's Side B to wall cling don't count), they just get in the wayyyy!

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
For people having trouble with quick attack and aqua jet type moves I find it easier to keep my thumb on the outside of the stick and to tap it fast instead of keeping it rested on it

That probably helps. You almost have to let your pad go to neutral or the Up B gets read wrong. It's weird because I know the inputs I did when I don't let go of the pad would be read perfectly in Melee.

Top Bottom