• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Jado

Banned
Should I feel bad for using the koopa drone thing a ton as Bowser Jr? No one seems to know how to deal with it, and I feel cheap. All you need to do is shoot any projectile at it or grab/throw it back D:

No, you should be using it often but not in a cheap manner. It distracts opponents to run them over or get hit with a cannon ball. If they avoid getting run over, I skip across them and grab the mechakoopa. Half the time, people think the drone is done and don't expect you're going over to grab it and hurl it at them.

jorgejjvr

GGs, your Mac is quite good too. Also, you are the first Olimar (or Alph) I've seen online. When I saw him I was like "Oh, yea, right, Olimar is in this game too" lol
Haha people tend to forget :p I found it crazy tho how you were at around 200 and my smashes did nothing, at first I thought it was my white pikmin but I think my red one hit you and nothing lol

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Oh my God... :(

I might've jumped the gun, just saw it posted on /v/ and realized there was no source given. But we always seem to get a new interview from him around this time for the last week...so I assumed it was legit. It sounds like something he'd say, though. :(

BY2K

Membero Americo
I might've jumped the gun, just saw it posted on /v/ and realized there was no source given. But we always seem to get a new interview from him around this time for the last week...so I assumed it was legit. It sounds like something he'd say, though. :(

Oh c'mon, man!

emb

Was about to ask about the source.

That story is probably way better than whatever the article is actually about this week. :\

k_hop

Good games k_hop, gotta get some food. Your Link was really good, that upsmash is so much better in this.

Likewise man, that C. Falcon was mean. I wanna keep practicing that match-up since I always seem to get my shit handled by good Falcons.

kunonabi

Oh man, I'll never look at Ganondorf the same way again. :(

Still not a fan of Falcondorf despite the the touching backstory. The addition of custom moves should have fixed the issue. Leave his default moveset the way it is and allow those who want a more accurate depiction to use customs instead. He should have gotten the same treatment Palutena instead of the more half-hearted efforts the rest of the cast did.

Valus

bowser grabs and suicides taking both of us down
i was at my last stock and I die before he does. this happened 3 times. i was 2stocked 3 times

If you're at a lower percentage than Bowser you can control where his side b goes. Just push it towards the stage if he tries to get an easy 2nd stock on you.

Neiteio

I've really come to like the entirety of the Paper Mario stage. It might be my favorite stage in the game. :-O

At first, I was like most people and thought the Bowser's Castle part ruined it. But then I learned something amazing: Don't jump! Stick to the platforms and you'll be fine. I did a nine-stock battle against CPUs using Little Mac, a character I thought would struggle on that level, but instead it turned into a King of the Hill battle on each platform, and Mac was king, throwing punches that launched anyone who came near. So much fun!

Combined with the great music and other two scenes, it's just a great stage all-around. Feels like a story in its own right. :)

Neiteio

No, you should be using it often but not in a cheap manner. It distracts opponents to run them over or get hit with a cannon ball. If they avoid getting run over, I skip across them and grab the mechakoopa. Half the time, people think the drone is done and don't expect you're going over to grab it and hurl it at them.
There's no way to be "cheap" with the Mechakoopa. Sakurai gives you one at a time with the expectation you may use it at every available opportunity. Combined with the cannonball, it makes for some crazy mixups. All of that, along with the buzzsaw, drill-arms, go-kart, self-destructing ship and mid-air hammer hit make Junior (and the Koopalings) such a fun character. I'm still amazed they're all in the game. :)

Cynosure

If you're at a lower percentage than Bowser you can control where his side b goes. Just push it towards the stage if he tries to get an easy 2nd stock on you.

tumblr_llmzfdn6fN1qdlkgg.gif

*noted

Anyone want to 1v1?

ill play you.
fc?
mine is in my profile
edit//maybe after your games with slasher

MechaX

Being on the receiving end of Bowsercide was a humbling experience and I will never make that mistake again. Of course, I decided to be a dick and try using Bowser against a player who was probably pretty newer to Smash. Poor SOB didn't even see it coming and I feel bad for him. And then of course, I fight another Bowser user while I'm screwing around as Dark Pit and he kept trying to goad me to fighting on the edge. Sorry buddy, I only fight Bowser in mid now, hold these dark arrows.

Now if only I had an answer to Greninja. God, fuck that Frog. I can't do jack shit against a good Greninja with Lucina and at that point, I just switch to ZSS out of frustration.

Cranzor

I just played someone online with probably the worst lag I've ever seen. Probably a full second from input to moves actually happening.

Top Bottom