• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

ProphessorX

Neo Member
Flor Glory should really have the custom stages minus the interactive hazards. It's really dumb that every stage is Final Destination. For example, there's nothing wrong with playing on Great Fox minus the shooting Arwings. Same for Gerudo Vallery without the witches. Huge missed opportunity.

What's Nintendo's track record for post-launch patch support so far?

I wish that was a toggleable option as well.

ffdgh

Do you guys care much about your win percentage online? I find myself getting frustrated with losing but I probably should just not care.
Hmm half and half. Sitting at 80% wins but I'll goof off with random characters if I'm winning and take a few losses.

tinantlu

What's Nintendo's track record for post-launch patch support so far?

I wish that was a toggleable option as well.

The fact that you don't know means you aren't fan-boy enough to find out!

I kid, I kid

They have actually been pretty decent, with the main example sticking out in my mind of adding tons more options, an on screen map, and changing some of the menu things for Mario Kart 8. Of course that was WiiU so don't know for sure what the 3ds can pull off

Mistle

Do you guys care much about your win percentage online? I find myself getting frustrated with losing but I probably should just not care.

not at all, and i wish no one did.

the best fun i have is the rare occasion i find somebody who doesn't disconnect after one or two matches. what happens is we usually end up cycling through all different characters, having a great time. even if i'm getting my ass kicked, i stay on, as it's good to vs somebody better than you and learn from them.

i swear though 80% of the time a a person only stays connected for one match, whether i win or lose.

GGs Karst! I'm proud my Mega didn't do so bad. You have a mean Bowser. I was trying so hard not to get Bowsercide'd.

Things I learned

Bowser's Fire breath is a good ledge guard when at the right distance
Never, Never EVER block Bowser Bomb! By God....King...Dat shield destruction.
I am terrible when the next stock respawns

ouch good games. that lag was bad tho. wonder if it's the netcode or my internet. no one's home or online except me...

anyone else up for some matches?

Jado

Banned
Eh.... I'd rather no walk-offs in For Glory. I'm all for stages with platforms with no real (or minor) hazards, but walk-offs just encourage edge camping, which is no fun.

This isn't true. Low blast ceilings and walk offs.

Agree, but I think this can be added in. Just something with more effort could have been done to retain the feel of the original stages besides a background and music.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Totally gonna use this Ganondorf now when I use him online instead of Blue Pig Ganon...

pjKQhxJl.jpg

Ganon Dad. :(

Cranzor

Any tips on killing with G&W? I'm having a pretty hard time.

His up-smash is probably his best, especially because you can do it from a run. His forward-smash is also good if you can land it. If your opponent is off-stage, I've had success with jumping off and hitting with a forward-air and recovering just fine since his recovery is so good.

woah, that lag was horrible just now. what was that? gg though! so intense. I hope it's not my internet, I'm literally the only one home using the wifi. lol

GGs Karst! I'm proud my Mega didn't do so bad. You have a mean Bowser. I was trying so hard not to get Bowsercide'd.

Things I learned

Bowser's Fire breath is a good ledge guard when at the right distance
Never, Never EVER block Bowser Bomb! By God....King...Dat shield destruction.
I am terrible when the next stock respawns
I just started using the Bowser Bomb the last few days. I discovered that it has about as much startup as Whirling Fortress, so I can punish with a KO move sometimes. I just need to make sure whatever I'm punishing is in front of me. I also want to experiment more with just running up to people and doing the Bowser Bomb instead of going for a dash attack.

Also, his Up Smash is upper body invincible. Don't ever try to land on Bowser. :p

I just started using Fire Breath as an edge guard today. I am still learning the proper positioning for it. He can't chase well, so it makes sense to rack up an extra 10% to bring the KO in sooner. I actually have trouble KOing with Bowser sometimes just because his Up Smash and Down Smash have no range, his Forward Smash is useless outside of punishes, and Flying Slam (Side B) is hard to land against some players. Those are pretty much his only KO tools until you get to ~150% against the enemy.

I learned that I can dash attack Metal Blade to catch it, but tapping Shield seems to also work. I wish we could record AI attacks in this game like we can in most fighting games. I would like to practice catching Metal Blade. It was pretty key to getting in on you. Also, having the Crash Bomb on me and then landing Flying Slam is funny.

I feel like I can't keep people flying like you can, though. Once I get launched, I tend to stay launched. You usually make it back safely. :-(

You mean when recovering onto the platform? Not really it comes down to when you recover vs how long I hold the charge.
I feel like I can perfectly predict when that buster shot is going to fly, and it's right before I land. If I air dodge right before landing, I get hit on the ground recovery. If I wait to land, I get hit in the air. It's like a little window where I feel helpless.

Also can you not roll past Bowser's fire?
No clue! I've never seen anyone do it after it starts. Plenty of people roll into his mouth area, though.

Jado

Banned
Any tips on killing with G&W? I'm having a pretty hard time.

What do you mean? How to play better with him or how to go for the final blow after you've got them in the red?

Frying pan near the edges fucks up a surprising number of people trying to get back on stage, but not something I rely on regularly. Judge's Hammer has gotten me some wins, but again don't bet on it. I literally never use the oil panic thing.

Mostly I just jump and run all over the place, constant pressure, dodging, beat people left and right until a simple attack knocks them out from all the sustained damage. Probably not helpful. I honestly find you just have to be really nimble and very unpredictable with regular attacks.

Foward tilt kills past 150%, upsmash is reliable as it has invincible frames to abuse. Foward air can KO as well

This too, although I didnt know about up smash. The tiny range has led me to not use it often. Good to know.

His up-smash is probably his best, especially because you can do it from a run. His forward-smash is also good if you can land it. If your opponent is off-stage, I've had success with jumping off and hitting with a forward-air and recovering just fine since his recovery is so good.
Foward tilt kills past 150%, upsmash is reliable as it has invincible frames to abuse. Foward air can KO as well
What do you mean? How to play better with him or how to go for the final blow after you've got them in the red?

Frying pan near the edges fucks up a surprising number of people trying to get back on stage, but not something I rely on regularly. Judge's Hammer has gotten me some wins, but again don't bet on it. I literally never use the oil panic thing.

Mostly I just jump and run all over the place, constant pressure, dodging, beat people left and right until a simple attack knocks them out from all the sustained damage. Probably not helpful. I honestly find you just have to be really nimble and very unpredictable with regular attacks.

This too, although I didnt know about up smash. The tiny range has led me to not use it often. Good to know.

Thanks for the tips! I've only recently started playing him, but I really like how he feels so I'm working on improving. Given enough time I'm generally able to get people's percentages pretty high but most of my kills seem to come from an up special far off stage or a lucky 9 from whenever I throw out judgement (not very reliable of course). Most of his smashes seem like they lack range so I was having difficulties finishing people off.

Top Bottom