• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qurupeke

So, this is a Wii U thread now? It feels so odd!

Also, I really hope that there's no Ridley trophy. Keep the dream alive.

Asd202

So I've played the demo and must say the game looks incredible and run at a steady frame rate even in 3D. I was really sceptical at first but after playing this demo I'm getting the game day one.

JediLink

Here's what I want to know: how many Rhythm Heaven trophies are there in the entire game? Rhythm Heaven has tons of characters, so if Chorus Men is one of the only few to get a trophy, then that's a bit suspicious.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Here's what I want to know: how many Rhythm Heaven trophies are there in the entire game? Rhythm Heaven has tons of characters, so if Chorus Men is one of the only few to get a trophy, then that's a bit suspicious.

We got Karate Joe too.

Chaos17

A leak about the release date or it's a fake ?

BxXq2coCQAAh6_J.jpg

Sorry if old.
Source unknow someone posted it on a french forum without a source link.

Is the music for Smash 3DS and U orchestrated, or is it that synthesized orchestra that they used for Brawl? Also, what the hell is the budget for this game? They've got 40 composers working on the game, that's crazy.

Spinluck

I've seen 11/21 pop up again and again, and I'm starting to believe.

I think Nintendo just isn't saying shit till the hype for the 3DS version dies down.

I think Nintendo just isn't saying shit till the hype for the 3DS version dies down.

Same, iirc Target/Best Buy had 11/21 as the target date before. November seemed to be the release date window for most of the rumours as well.

Nvm, Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire 2 come out that day.

Its possible they're gonna do the same thing they did last year and do a double release.

SM3DWorld and ALBW released on November 22nd together.

This time it'll be Pokemon ORAS and SSBWiiU?

Axass

So we have trophies of:

Wolf
Squirtle
Ivysaur
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool
Ice Climbers
Chorus Kids
Mewtwo

Can't wait to see Isaac, Lucas and Ridley. At this point the trophies aren't really proof of anything, unless they want to add Goombas as DLC (yeah right, they probably have a throphy too).

Besides Chorus Kids having a trophy, out of the countless characters in RH is very fishy, could be more proof they're considering them for playable. Which other RH characters have trophies?

AxBOSuA.png

#BELIEVE!

Metal B

Got the Demo and the game feels great. Even more hyped for the game, but also satisfied enough to not go crazy about any news or video of the game. Pretty much a perfect and healthy mix.

Chaos17

Yeah, that makes sense.
They probably want to sell first the 3DS version before hyping for the next one.

So we have trophies of:

Wolf
Squirtle
Ivysaur
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool
Ice Climbers
Chorus Kids
Mewtwo

Can't wait to see Isaac, Lucas and Ridley. At this point the trophies aren't really proof of anything, unless they want to add Goombas as DLC (yeah right, they probably have a throphy too).

Besides Chorus Kids having a trophy, out of the countless characters in RH is very fishy, could be more proof they're considering them for playable. Which other RH characters have trophies?

AxBOSuA.png

#BELIEVE!
I want to believe!
but I'm not getting my hopes up

soxxx

Banned
11/21 might be the date. The game has to be released before black friday, and last year we saw Mario 3D World AND Legend of Zelda 3DS released the same day. So its definately plausible that we see Pokemon and Smash the same day to.

Toxi

Banned
It's be weird if Ridley wasn't a trophy, even if he isn't a stage hazard. People just aren't looking hard enough. :p

Same, iirc Target/Best Buy had 11/21 as the target date before. November seemed to be the release date window for most of the rumours as well.

Its possible they're gonna do the same thing they did last year and do a double release.

SM3DWorld and ALBW released on November 22nd together.

This time it'll be Pokemon ORAS and SSBWiiU?
Making too much sense now

I'm so glad NOA didn't put the 30 play limit on the demo. Even though I'm pretty much never going to close the demo until the game actually comes out, it's nice to know it's unlimited.
I think it is because you can transfer coins to the retail version. Since Pokemon ORAS is also unlimited, I hope that means we can transfer the demo Pokemon to the actual game.

JediLink

We got Karate Joe too.
Karate Joe has a trophy

We both had the exact same speculation, and that Boss Doggie responded to both of us in the same way. Great minds, etc.

Although really, I don't think speculated DLC characters having trophies deconfirms them at all. Although DLC exclusive characters and stages make sense, I think Sakurai would probably be generous enough to let us have all the most important Nintendo characters as trophies at least regardless of if we buy their DLC or not. My theory is that beating classic with one of the DLC characters will just give you their same existing trophy again, rather than a special second trophy or anything. What will kill this theory is if one of the speculated characters' trophies comes from a challenge rather than being random.

Jawmuncher

I still think snake is back in this.

Just because I like to think that there being a Rayman trophy but no snake trophy is a tell.
If smash made sense why bother with a third party trophy of Rayman but not one of snake who's a veteran.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Has the Rayman trophy been seen in the 3DS version or is it a Wii U exclusive? Maybe that's one of the Wii U special features, third party trophies.

Guesong

I still think snake is back in this.

Just because I like to think that there being a Rayman trophy but no snake trophy is a tell.
If smash made sense why bother with a third party trophy of Rayman but not one of snake who's a veteran.

there's your problem

Kensho

We are a smaller family now then... I still love you all guys #teamwiiu

Did I miss anything in the last 24 hours?

Synless

Playing without a wavebird is fucking wierd. I'm having a hard time adjusting to the 3ds layout after at least a decade of playing with a GameCube controller.

Molemitts

Why couldn't trophy characters appear as DLC? If we're assuming Nintendo hasn't planned out DLC yet, they could still appear as DLC character and trophies, right?

Why couldn't trophy characters appear as DLC? If we're assuming Nintendo hasn't planned out DLC yet, they could still appear as DLC character and trophies, right?
Assuming DLC hasn't yet been planned is an error. This stuff is planned out far in advance. That being said, I dont see why a trophy disconfirms DLC.

RomanceDawn

So we have trophies of:

AxBOSuA.png

#BELIEVE!

Oh I believe. My only fear is that they are released separately or loooong after the Wii U version launches. What ever the case I believe whosits and I feel like my most sought after characters Ridley and Dixie will finally be making the cut!

Assuming DLC hasn't yet been planned is an error. This stuff is planned out far in advance. That being said, I dont see why a trophy disconfirms DLC.

Trophies for playable characters are earned through Classic Mode - if you just earn a trophy naturally, then it implies that these characters aren't playable.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If DLC is not planned yet and they are waiting to finish Wii U development before looking into DLC then any character has a chance even if they have a trophy. However this is only in relation to the rumoured left out characters that have cropped up in many "leaks" (Mewtwo, Dixie, Chorus Kids, Ridley). If they were indeed planned to be brought back at a later date i.e. with the Wii U version's launch, then them having a trophy seems a bit odd.

Maybe the DLC characters a WiiU only, and the WiiU version just doesn't have these deconfirming trophies in the first place.

Or like, Smash 6 or whatever.

Gartooth

They will probably just make new trophy models for any character that comes in as DLC.

Yet, still no Lucas trophy. >:D ... :crying

Trophies for playable characters are earned through Classic Mode - if you just earn a trophy naturally, then it implies that these characters aren't playable.
Some characters in Brawl had separate random trophies, like Fox and Falco. If they were to include any of these characters in DLC, it would be a simple matter of renaming the trophies "Wolf (Assault)" or to that effect. It's not a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom