• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axass

Any and every Smash 64 stage would be a great addition to the lineup here.

I know it was a limited selection, but it was nice to actually enjoy playing on every stage in the game. Smash 64 has a better list of stages than Smash 3DS.

Smash 64 has a better list of stages than any other smash game so far IMO.

B0qu83bIUAA5gNp.png

YESYESYESYES.

So Jigglypuff, Ganondorf and who else were added to the starting roster?

That's why it'd be so great.

Haha.I don't mean to say I wouldn't enjoy it, but I don't think Sakurai's made the jump to the deep end yet.

I'd like to think we'll see Doc Louis with Smash 6, where they're pushing 4 characters a franchise, there's a bleak dystopian story about how Mario becomes the tyrant of the Smash world and his hands are genetically enhanced into what we know as Master/Crazy Hand to serve as the world's military force, and Sakurai develops a special controller so your dogs and cats can play along with you.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Nah, I'd love Doc Louis, and I think he'd be somewhat possible since he could probably be based on Little Mac, but slightly more unique---plus it'd give us our first actual black Nintendo fighter playable in Smash (actually, I think he's the ONLY black character in Smash period?) which would be nice.

TrueBlue

What are you talking a....

B0qreDNIgAEpoLN.jpg

BOUUUUUUUUUUUT!?!

MEGATON! 10/10! GAME OF THE YEAR! GAME OF THE FOREVER!

tumblr_inline_mfjy0jdcdd1rtjr21.gif

I hope the confirmation of guest speakers means that Reyn shows up at one point :p

Still, this was one of the highlights of the direct for me. I just hope Hades gets in on the fun as well.

entry12-3_1.jpg

So does this confirm Doc Louis in the background or is there really a Mac sleeping trophy? lol

If Doc is Little Mac's Background (or maybe only in the wiifit trainer and Punch out stages) or he appears as a new AT god bless sakurai.

Watch Da Birdie

I bet Hades will appear during Ganondorf's Palutena Taunt, with him mocking Ganondorf since they're both big villains.

Kinsei

Banned
Oh god, there's going to be a challenge for winning smash world with everycharacter, isn't there? Hopefully I can just use a high level amiibo to win the final fight, so all I have to do is mash A while watching netflix.

Oh my god, did you guys catch this?

Palutena: "That's the Monado, the sword that defeated the Mechonis."
Pit: "Makes us look like a buncha jokers."

oh my god I can't even with this, this is going to be one of the best parts of the game

Moonlight

Banned
I fucking love how they implemented the in game shield for this. Was really unexpected.
It looks way more hype than the game suggests, honestly.

Says something about the trailer that I still got hype for Bowser Jr. despite being oh-so-very aware he's been in the game for the past two months. :lol

That Koopalings reveal was so fucking good. And oddly sinister!

tumblr_ndx5wgpuxI1r3rdh2o1_500.gif

EulaCapra

The amount of salt from the Press Releases:

Ridley. Yes, Ridley: Fans have been clamoring for Ridley to appear in a Super Smash Bros. game for a while, and now they’re getting their wish. But true to form, Ridley appears in an unexpected way. Players will find him in the Metroid series-inspired Pyrosphere stage, but he does more than just hassle players. If one player attacks Ridley enough, Ridley will join that fighter’s side and attack others. Players (including the one on Ridley’s side) can KO Ridley to earn a point toward the match result total. And if Ridley consumes enough energy, he will become Meta Ridley and all the more vicious.

Anbec7

ME and the whole office got super exited by this...
My friends called me during the direct LOL

ARE YOU SEEING THAT? LOLOL

The hype is so real this time...

Now to pre-order around here

Two Mario Circuits?

Yeah, I wish they had went with a more distinct Mario Kart track; they look too similar.

Add me to the list of those who hope that all the Smash Bros 64 stages return. There are only 9 (8 if you remove the NES Super Mario Bros. one, which I wouldn't mind), so it's not much to ask, and it would really bring a lot to the game. Especially having the best version of Great Fox back (Sector Z).

Watch Da Birdie

Have to say, my hype for Mewtwo is a bit underwhelming...

Mainly because "Spring 2015" is so-far off. I sort of hate long-term DLC, because I always sort of fall behind when it comes out and never get around to picking it up because another game has me pre-occupied.

I just wonder if he'll get a lot of changes, or if he'll be basically a 1:1 to his Melee self. I'd love to see him totally revamped. Also the question is...Movie 1 Mewtwo, or the new Movie 16 Female Mewtwo?

Ahnez

I just wonder if he'll get a lot of changes, or if he'll be basically a 1:1 to his Melee self. I'd love to see him totally revamped. Also the question is...Movie 1 Mewtwo, or the new Movie 16 Female Mewtwo?

Probably revamped, he was very bad back in melee :p

And, maybe Mewtwo will have both male and female voices, based on the alt, like Robin :p

Okrag

So if Mario Kart 8 and Yoshi's Wooly World have stages does this mean we might have an unlockable 3D World Stage?

The only Brawl stage im really missing is the pirate ship from Windwaker. Man, that was a great stage.

And unfortunately it's doubtful it's coming back because Skyloft had The Great Sea as a song.

entry12-3_1.jpg

So does this confirm Doc Louis in the background or is there really a Mac sleeping trophy? lol

If Doc is Little Mac's Background (or maybe only in the wiifit trainer and Punch out stages) or he appears as a new AT god bless sakurai.

I think if the Wii U version had any unique Assist Trophies, they would have promoted that in the Direct, as that would be a big deal.

Slermy

Probably revamped, he was very bad back in melee :p

And, maybe Mewtwo will have both male and female voices, based on the alt, like Robin :p

But in Pokémon lore, isn't Mewtwo genderless? THEY MUST PICK ONE.

Also, I wonder if all of the character reveals fit together to make the opening movie.

So if Mario Kart 8 and Yoshi's Wooly World have stages does this mean we might have an unlockable 3D World Stage?

I think that's a fair expectation. But while I fucking love 3D World, I think that like the 3DS version, the game is skewered way too heavily in terms of Mario stages, and others are bit lacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom