• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cedric

I hope Event mode is more like Melee's, like you can't do them all at once and you have to do certain things in order to unlock them. Also, is it weird that I don't like the fact that you can choose your difficulty? This is something that has always bothered me with Brawl, but I don't even know why.

Jaeger

I have no complaints at all about the Wii U version. A shitload of controller options, shitload of stages, a shitload of options and modes and extras, and music.

And goddamn Mewtwo.

No complaints.

SO GOOD

ssb-wiiu-greatcaveoff76ct9.png

ssb-wiiu-junglehijinx0vfgh.png

Thank you - I've seen so many people talking shit about stages that add new elements and creative features when they haven't even tried them out yet.

Kinsei

Banned
I hope Event mode is more like Melee's, like you can't do them all at once and you have to do certain things in order to unlock them. Also, is it weird that I don't like the fact that you can choose your difficulty? This is something that has always bothered me with Brawl, but I don't even know why.

We already know you need certain characters to unlock certain events. There are also multiple objectives in some of the stages and they both unlock different events.

Mewtwo aside the new event mode was the best thing in the Direct for me. it looks amazing.

Neiteio

Is the Jungle Hijinxs "two planes" gimmick based on Tropical Freeze, or was that mechanic in DKC Returns as well?
The very first level of DKCR is named Jungle Hijinx and features a foreground-to-background section across structures very similar to the Smash stage here.

Here's a really cool DLC idea I saw on gamefaqs
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/70396794
This would be possibly one the best ways they could handle it.

Local only. Though, with communities I'd bet it'd be possible to do it against GAFfers. Just would have to be set on the proper teams and such.

On the Wii U version, yes that was confirmed today.

They mentioned only local play with a friend online so I'm going assume its just that sadly. I got hyped when i found out for glory had 2v2 but was dissapointed when me and my friend couldn't play.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
『Inaba Resident』;135663424 said:

So essentially turn Smash into Nintendo's own TF2. I love the idea, they just have to make it so eventually this will be Wii U only, the 3DS, as awesome as it is, is what's holding back what the Wii U version really could do.

Gleethor

『Inaba Resident』;135663424 said:

They mentioned only local play with a friend online so I'm going assume its just that sadly. I got hyped when i found out for glory had 2v2 but was dissapointed when me and my friend couldn't play.

ah I misread your post, I thought you were asking about local, sorry.

I'm still amazed at how in the Bowser Jr. trailer, they took a character I repeatedly laughed off and dismissed as a possible character suggestion into looking cool. I never thought I'd call Bowser Jr. cool.

Sakurai could probably even make Daisy look cool.

not really

zogged

I'm mostly hoping that the wiiu version has way bigger original composition ratio than the 3ds version. I think with the 3ds 50% of the songs were new while the other half were from older smashes or ripped straight from the source material.

Mostly I just want a kickass FD remix similar to or better than the one we got in Brawl

georly

I love the dark barren mountain world they used for 2 to 3 of the character intros. I wish we had a feature-length-movie/smash-bros-mode/stage set there.

kwagwBZ.gif

c8ilLt3.gif

11D0MkO.gif

Maybe (hopefully) the intro is there?

(sorry phones)

jph139

Stages are a mixed bag but there's some really awesome stuff there. Miiverse is integrated REALLY well in its stage, very creative way to keep it "appropriate" but still allow community contributions. I really like the premise of Wrecking Crew, though I'll have to play it before making a judgement call. And Jungle Hijinxs is AWESOME. Not at all the DKCR gimmick I expected, but it should definitely make for some dynamic games.

Some weird choices for returning stages (Norfair? Port Town? 75m!?), but overall I'm happy with it. And the assumed ~5 stages that are still hidden, which I'm sure there are.

The gamecube adapter has an estimated available date of December 31 on amazon. Obviously that's a placeholder, but has there been news about when they will be widely available? I'm hoping they will be before the game actually releases.

Can someone do a side-by-side comparison between the two versions comparing new and retro stages for each series?

I doubt the Wii U version will have fewer stages per series than the 3DS version.

Neiteio

I'm still amazed at how in the Bowser Jr. trailer, they took a character I repeatedly laughed off and dismissed as a possible character suggestion into looking cool. I never thought I'd call Bowser Jr. cool.

Sakurai could probably even make Daisy look cool.

not really
Daisy already looks cool and is the best trophy

ssb-wiiu-trophy-daisyt0efv.png

Also, the other best trophy

ssb-wiiu-trophy-fiorajjffj.png

Also, added a few more shots of new stages:

ssb-wiiu-greatcaveoff76ct9.png

ssb-wiiu-junglehijinx0vfgh.png

ssb-wiiu-wreckingcrew0qe1t.png

ssb-wiiu-wuhuislandcaukdtg.png

Masked Man

I said wow
I'm guessing this is what we heard from the April Direct. My favorite Zelda File Select theme, yes!

a shame it will play on that shitty skyloft stage

YES YES YEESSSSS

I love Wind Waker's file select, too! It's so simple and soothing. Those harps melt my heart. <3

You are a god among men. Thank you for this. Wait, what's that I see...? Is it...?

IT FUCKING IS. MY FAVORITE SONG FROM KID ICARUS: UPRISING AND ONE I WAS REALLY HOPING WOULD BE IN SMASH. PALUTENA'S TEMPLE BEST STAGE CONFIRMED.

My brother! I KNOW, IT'S SO GOOD! I love the somber allusion to the Boss Battle theme, too. Between the music selection and the KI:U codecs, Palutena's Temple is truly Stage of the Forever. <3

Perhaps something in the vein of Grassland Groove? They have to bring back the "Donkey Kong~" lounge singers in any case.

I would love Grassland Groove so much, but I anticipate something more along the lines of the title theme. Either way, exciting!

Want that Viriditi/palutena talk so bad

You and me both, my friend! My favorite goddesses forever. :3

Also, I added links to the proposed music tracks so you can get a sneak peek (sneak listen?) of the Wii U soundtrack!

georly

The gamecube adapter has an estimated available date of December 31 on amazon. Obviously that's a placeholder, but has there been news about when they will be widely available? I'm hoping they will be before the game actually releases.

It's bundled with smash bros for day 1, and still available at best buy, if you live in the US

7493005_sa.jpg;canvasHeight=360;canvasWidth=640

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintend...ndle/7493005.p?id=1219270930488&skuId=7493005

I assume they'll be available separately the same day, if not, ouch.

I love the dark barren mountain world they used for 2 to 3 of the character intros. I wish we had a feature-length-movie/smash-bros-mode/stage set there.

kwagwBZ.gif

c8ilLt3.gif

11D0MkO.gif

Maybe (hopefully) the intro is there?

(sorry phones)

Didn't realize I was post 95 on the last page, reposting. Anyone think it's possible these are all from the intro?

Neoxon

I still stand by my guess. The reason Mewtwo is taking so long is because he's gonna be bundled with the Chorus Kids & Dixie Kong.

You heard it here first.

J-Tier

I'm sure Sakurai could make Daisy look cool.

I still stand by my guess. The reason Mewtwo is taking so long is because he's gonna be bundled with the Chorus Kids & Dixie Kong.

You heard it here first.

Well, I don't doubt that there'll be more than just Mewtwo.

Neiteio

I see the Screaming Pillars appear in Jungle Hijinx and can be made to topple onto the people in the background. Stage is gonna be so awesome!

You heard it here first.

So, if Spainkiller's leak isn't true, why Dixie Kong?

Not Lucas, or Wolf?

I understand the Chorus Kids though w/ Gematsu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom