• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

RagnarokX

Toon Link loves taking selfies. I'm sorry, but he wins by a landslide just because of that.

http://youtu.be/-sricGq5A3g?t=24m44s

Also:
zlCfzRLZ-DMTkotSFF

zlCfzRLVAekRogkV7X

zlCfzRLM-5Y1g3u70g

zlCfzRLIXGsTkM1p3E

zlCfzRJt6AAP5NflVy

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
As the one who pointed out the Mario Bros trophy, one argument against it is that the SMB3 medley includes the tune from the Mario Bros mini game so there is already a reference to the game. Not that trophies necessarily need a reference in the main game to be included.

ec0ec0

Watching the direct again...

i dont want to move my custom characters to the wiiu version, no one wants that. I want to move all my equipment/custom moves to the wiiu version.

Getting custom moves on the 3ds version its being by far my worse experience with a nintendo game, i am embarrassed that theres an unlock system like that on a nintendo game.

When seeing thats section of the smash direct i am not sure... can you only move custom characters!? because i may die if thats the case.

For now, i only have 270 custom moves on the 3ds version (but i will get there). Probably, i am not going to be able to play the wiiu version but, if i had the oportunity, i would like to move ALL custom moves and not custom characters.

Can someone clarify this to me?? :p thanks GAF.

Dr. Buni

It was all going by so fast I was barely tracking who was showing up.
DHD was the biggest one I noticed missing.
Yeah, I wish they had appeared in the opening as well. The only newcomer left was Duck Hunt.

Edit: GameXplain is uploading Wii U footage

georly

The opening of the game was leaked by IGN. I won't say anything? perhaps someone considers this a spoiler.

edit: beaten! ahaha

haha heath basically called the contents.

Edit: Probably my least favorite intro out of all of them.

Worst part is no announcer yelling "SUPER SMAAAAAAAAAAASH BROOOOOOOOOOOOOTHERSSSSSSSS" at the end.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
The way I took it, you can transfer over the Custom Characters, but presumably you couldn't edit them.

The Opening didn't have ANY unlockable characters in it iirc. Ness, Jiggs, and Bowser Jr. are starter characters in the Wii U Version.

Watch Da Birdie

Wooly World definitely looks like it was based on the old footage of Yoshi's Wooly World way back in 2013...or was it 2012? Seems like it was delayed and greatly changed.

so mario circuit is the stage with mario party music, shoulda figured

where's the mario kart music tho i need to hear it

edit: i dig the mario kart tv branding on the stage

Azure J

Wooly World is too fucking good looking to be instantly never played because walk-offs.

Ever since Brawl, it's felt like the levels are trending away from being suspended in space with off stage games. Either everything's a traveling stage or a big walk off.

Went into a gamestop today to see if I could pre-order the Gamecube adapter bundle and they said they weren't doing preorders on it in store, but that if I wanted it day 1 people could pre-order it and choose overnight shipping. Seems like the extra costs would defeat the cost saved on the bundle. Couldn't find any other viable options.

What are your guys' plans for getting the game + adapter day one? Going for the bundle? Just buying all three separate? It seems like a bunch of third party gamecube controllers will be on the market as well. Saw this one online:

Azure J

Dat Champion Cynthia theme with the strings tho

I need this game like now.

Edit: Oooh yes boy, they even kept the godlike piano intro part.

Watch Da Birdie

Orbital Gate looks pretty wild...

Not sure if in a good way, like most of the 3DS Stages it seems to have parts where the floors suddenly removed out from under you and you gotta react before the next platforms appear, like when the missile explode.

EDIT: Where are people seeing swimming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom