• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

georly

It does, and I've played on it, AND... it has a big version!

I chose 75M (Ω) during one of our 8-player brawl sessions, and it's awesome, in much the same way as Pac-Maze (Ω) on the 3DS awesome. Here's a couple screenshots I took:

taMkUvA.jpg

i'm only including that last picture because it's me winning first 8-player brawl i ever played B)

So good to see 2 pokemon up at once ;_;

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
In ProJared's Smash Tour preview video, I saw a trophy of (MAJOR Xenoblade spoiler)
Mecha Fiora
. Sakurai just does not care about spoiling people, haha.

The fact that he spoiled the entire ending to Mother 3 didn't clue you in?

In ProJared's Smash Tour preview video, I saw a trophy of (MAJOR Xenoblade spoiler)
Mecha Fiora

That's what we get for always leaking his games... I should really finish Xenoblade.
I'm 35 hrs in how close am I to finishing?

Roo

When we played it, the track that played was called "Chill (Dr. Mario) Ver 2."

Are you guys able to upload videos from retro stages? I read somewhere (I think it was you, actually) Onett can't be uploaded but not sure if it's only that one or there are more.
If you can, Norfair and Luigi's Mansion would be too much to ask? :V

Neiteio

Are you guys able to upload videos from retro stages? I read somewhere (I think it was you, actually) Onett can't be uploaded but not sure if it's only that one or there are more.
If you can, Norfair and Luigi's Mansion would be too much to ask? :V
I'm not 100% sure but I think Onett might've appeared in one of ProJared's videos

Gamesradar definitely had footage of Luigi's Mansion and Lylat Cruise

Neiteio

Gaur Plains is one of the 8-player levels. All of that + Metal Face (assuming he still shows up for 8-player) sounds like the most exquisite madness.

Roo

I'm not 100% sure but I think Onett might've appeared in one of ProJared's videos

Gamesradar definitely had footage of Luigi's Mansion and Lylat Cruise

Weird, because iirc, the comment said something like "Nintendo specifically asked to not upload Onett videos" or something along those lines.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ganondorf starts using some of his Smash moves in the Zelda series. It's grown on him as a character and I think a lot of people not completely obsessed with Zelda see Ganondorf as a magical brawler type. And I am obsessed with the Zelda series and I still think of Smash Ganondorf for how Ganondorf fights.

In fact I was legitimately surprised he couldn't do some kind of Warlock Punch in Hyrule Warriors. I actually want to be able to Warlock Punch in Hyrule Warriors. I find it's actually pretty iconic and fits him to yell out and slam the face of someone.

I think his smashes could be adjusted to use some kind of orb attack and he'd be perfect and not even really a clone anymore. Also his Up Special still very much feels like a Captain Falcon thing, especially that pose he makes after doing it.

Didn't Ganondorf kill a Sage by punching him in the face? (Twilight Princess)

Not sure if anyone noticed this, but this was posted on KYM

e42.png

At least 437 songs confirmed. Brawl had 255 IIRC.

I remembered seeing Boss Battle Song 1 (the music that plays when you fought Galleom and Duon) on Battlefield, and that was my favorite song. So glad it's back.

I also saw that the "Four Swords Adventures" event is on Wuhu Island.

No Wind Waker stage confirmed?

Oh boy...

Mecha Fiora

Yeah, it's so fun seeing Sakurai CRUSHING people's dreams.

The footage also showed Duck Hunt as one of the characters someone got, which kind of counts as a small spoiler even though everyone in the world knows he's in the game.

Mecha Fiora

Great. Looks like I'm going to have to finish Xenoblade before looking at trophies.

Also forgot that quoting reveals spoilers and saw a name. Now I'm avoiding looking at the screen.

I had hope Nintendo would get the Gamepad to act as a Classic Controller so I could off-tv play it.

Not editing this in to my prior post because I don't want to see that spoiler fully.

Not sure if anyone noticed this, but this was posted on KYM

e42.png

At least 437 songs confirmed. Brawl had 255 IIRC.

I'm in love. I think I'll keep most at standard frequency except for my favorite tracks.

Guys, check this.

Seven-player Smash.

Mario using one of his fire-fist attacks, Blue Link using his sword, Green Wario using a Ray Gun, Pink ZSS using her whip, King DeDeDe using his hammer, Sheik holding her needles, and Dark Toon Link holding a bomb.

Take a picture, enter the Wii U GamePad Drawing Mode, and draw W101 masks on them.

I gotta get seven people together to set up this picture.

Will save when it shows up on Miiverse.

Azuran

Banned
Mecha Fiora

Sakurai has been spoiling since the beginning of time. He pretty much spoiled Majora's Mask for me with that stage and all those trophies back in Melee

georly

Sakurai has been spoiling since the beginning of time. He pretty much spoiled Majora's Mask for me with that stage and all those trophies back in Melee

Yeah, it's why I played xenoblade before smash 3DS launched. Smash bros spoils the story for every game in it, so if a game is featured in smash bros and you care about it... you better finish it before smash bros comes out.

Man, if there really is no Wind Waker/Celda stage, that would suck.
We only have one new Zelda stage - getting one new stage with two old ones while the 3DS version has two new ones would be so weird. I hope that's not the case.

Also, what happened to "Smash World" - did it become Smash Tour? Or is there still a game mode left?

Btw, when Sakurai said he got the Ice Climbers to work on the Wii U version, do we think he was even including 8-player Smash in that? Kind of crazy to think that Ice Climbers could work with a mode like that and not the 3DS version.

Just a nick name for all games with Wind Waker's Cartoon artstyle :)

Term used to described the cel shading art style of Wind Waker and other "toon" Zelda games.

By the way - what's going to happen with a Nintendo Land stage? We had a remix in the Direct, but with so many traveling stages I'm worried we won't get one for Nintendo Land.

Interesting terms you guys make.
chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f-25x28.png

Just found out what this face means, I might get some mileage out of it

georly

"slightly"...

Hey, the 3DS is pretty good in its own right. Just being able to play the 3DS version with better graphics on the big screen in 3D is pretty good. I'm incredibly happy the wii u version is super feature rich, but, if the 3DS game w/ different stages in HD is all we got, it wouldn't be that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom