• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gleethor

Village of the Blue Maiden plays on Wuhu Island, it doesn't look good for Pirate Ship.

Tal Tal Heights plays on Skyloft too.

Blue Maiden might just be playing on wuhu for that event match, but I agree that Pirate Ship's chances don't look great. Forsaken Fortress would actually make sense because all of the upbeat WW tracks we've seen elsewhere would be a bit out of place (not that being out of place has ever stopped music in smash before).

Guys! Too many awesome stages in the Wii U version!

Interesting terms you guys make.
chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f-25x28.png

Just found out what this face means, I might get some mileage out of it

Do you? Do you actually know what it means? :p

Okrag

Village of the Blue Maiden plays on Wuhu Island, it doesn't look good for Pirate Ship.

Tal Tal Heights plays on Skyloft too.

Blue Maiden might just be playing on wuhu for that event match, but I agree that Pirate Ship's chances don't look great. Forsaken Fortress would actually make sense because all of the upbeat WW tracks we've seen elsewhere would be a bit out of place (not that being out of place has ever stopped music in smash before).

The Great Sea plays on Skyloft, Pirate Ship is pretty much dead in the water unless they share music.

Seems pretty much all of Pirate Ship's music has been distributed out. The original version of Gerudo Valley, which was on Pirate Ship in Brawl, is now on Temple.

Do you? Do you actually know what it means? :p

I really don't think he does.

We need a second new Zelda stage for the Wii U version, and using Wind Waker HD would be perfect.
My vote goes for Forsaken Fortress - the lighting changes in HD were really great at night, and we don't really have any nighttime stages.

Kinsei

Banned

We need a second new Zelda stage for the Wii U version, and using Wind Waker HD would be perfect.
My vote goes for Forsaken Fortress - the lighting changes in HD were really great at night, and we don't really have any nighttime stages.

If we get a new WW stage I hope it's the Forbidden Woods. I think they could do some interesting things with the layout there.

"It's originally just a innocuous photo of some Justin.tv (Twitch's predecessor) employee whose name escapes me at the moment. But, the face he's making resonated with most people as a symbol of sarcastic awareness through the use of the "Kappa" command when sending a chat message.

Hence, it's used to denote sarcasm and joking. And since Twicth, for better or for worse is central to the continued prevalence of game streaming and e-sports, the language has seeped into the general gamer lexicon."

- reddit

majik13

so kinda some odd questions.

Toys R Us, has the free amiibo deal if you buy the game from them. (Im guessing already known by GAF)

I also have a 15 dollar off online promo code.

My delimma is, there is no in store pick up on pre-orders, my promo code is online only, free shipping is 6-9 days or something. I cant hang with that. 6 bucks for 2-5 days. but Id like it before I go out of town for Thanksgiving.

So does in store pick up become avaliable on launch day generally for toys r us, if they have copies? Or is it more just whenever they feel like it? Anyone know if the amiibo deal is for pre orders only?(details only realy say while supplies last) Website and custumer service agent werent too helpful, but maybe I can try talking to them again.

Ahnez

What if Pirate Ship is now a travelling stage that visits different islands from Wind Waker, instead of the generic platform/rock/tornado?

lol

Kurtofan

If it weren't for the leak, mute city, magicant, pictochat, warioware, and flatzone would have been total surprises. There are still secret stages, pirate ship could be one.

It's not likely since we were discussing how its music was distributed to other stages.

Durden77

It does, and I've played on it, AND... it has a big version!

I chose 75M (Ω) during one of our 8-player brawl sessions, and it's awesome, in much the same way as Pac-Maze (Ω) on the 3DS awesome. Here's a couple screenshots I took:

i'm only including that last picture because it's me winning first 8-player brawl i ever played B)

YESSS AWESOME!!! Thank you! I'm gonna love this. Wish it had like a stage in the background or something, but still fuck yes.

So good to see 2 pokemon up at once ;_;

Indeed. Stuff like this was also a big worry of mine. Looks like the Wii U version really is destroying my expectations. Very happy.

The fact that they gave Skyloft a new Great Sea arrangement would seem to indicate that there's either no Wind Waker stage, or any Wind Waker stage present is too tonally dissonant to have that music.

Or maybe stages share music. I guess that's always a possibility, even if it didn't happen in Brawl.

Just for the record, the following songs from Pirate Ship that are now in other stages are:

Gerudo Valley (Temple)
Ocarina of Time Medley (Skyloft)
Village of the Blue Maiden (unknown, but my guess is Skyloft)
Tal Tal Heights (I thiiiiink this was listed for Skyloft? Maybe?)

Yeah, this is right. And Tal Tal Heights is on Skyloft, yes.

Just for the record, the following songs from Pirate Ship that are now in other stages are:

Gerudo Valley (Temple)

Gerudo Valley (Temple)

I hope Song of Storms makes a return. That was definitely my favorite.

Kurtofan

Gerudo Valley (Temple)

Tal Tal Heights is Skyloft and Village of the Blue Maiden is Wuhu Island.

Kinsei

Banned
I realize that I'm probably crazy due to the amount of them already in the game, but I think there's another new Mario stage we haven't seen yet.

Gleethor

I realize that I'm probably crazy due to the amount of them already in the game, but I think there's another new Mario stage we haven't seen yet.

There are 4 new mario stages on the 3ds version and we've seen 3 so far on Wii U so I'd say its pretty likely. My bet is that it'll be a 3D World stage.

yeah fuck it i'm bored enough

time to make a list of what songs play on what stage

I was bored earlier and started that
Battlefield

* Battlefield
* Multi-Man Smash
* Trophy Rush
* Menu (Melee)
* Boss Battle (Melee)
* Menu (Brawl)
* Boss Battle 1 Song (Brawl)

Mario Galaxy

* Super Mario Galaxy
* Egg Planet

Mario Circuit

* Pandemonium (MP9)

Delfino Plaza

* Rainbow Cruise

Jungle Hijinx

* Gear Getaway- maybe
* Donkey Kong Country Returns (Vocal)

Yoshi's Wooly World

*Wooly World main Theme
*Yoshi's Island Medley
*Wildlands (Brawl)

Yoshi's Island

* Title/ Ending (Super Mario World)

Skyloft

* Ballad of the Goddess/ Ghirahim's Theme
*Ballad of the Goddes (Original)
* Main Theme / Underworld Theme
* Saria's Song/ Middle Boss Battle
* The Great Sea/ Menu Select
* Tal Tal Heights
*Gerudo Valley (New one)
* Ocarina of time Medley (Brawl)

Hyrule Temple

* Great Temple
* The Dark World
* Gerudo Valley
Pyrosphere

*Vs. Ridley (Other M
Great Cave Offensive

* Great Cave Offensive
* Celestial Valley

Orbital Gate Assault

* Corneria (Melee)
Kalos Pokemon League

*Battle Cynthia

Coliseum
Castle Siege

* Shadow Dragon Medley

Palutena's Temple
*Into the Space Pirate Ship

Skyworld

* Lightning Chariot Base

Gamer

* No music
* Ashley's Song
* Ashley's Song (JP)

Town & City

* Go Go KK Rider (Remix)

Wrecking Crew

* Wrecking Crew Medley

Pilotwings

* Light Plane
* Light Plane (Vocal)
* Turbo Jet
* Light Plane (Original)
* Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger

Wuhu Island

* Wii Sports Resort (Title Theme)

75m

* 25m theme
* Pictochat
* Chill (Dr. Mario) Ver 2

Windy Hill Zone

* Wonder World
* Sonic Heroes

Wily Castle
Pac Land

* Pac-Man

Menu

* Menu
* Menu (Melee)
* Menu 2 (Melee)
* Menu (Brawl)
* How to play
* Trophies (Melee)

WonderzL

Banned
There are 4 new mario stages on the 3ds version and we've seen 3 so far on Wii U so I'd say its pretty likely. My bet is that it'll be a 3D World stage.

No way with Galaxy being there! I'm willing t- nope. Anyway, Paper Mario. I find it strange as shit that 3DS' stage doesn't have PM64 and SPM, so I bet this is the last Wii U Mario stage.

Gleethor

Battlefield

* Battlefield
* Multi-Man Smash
* Trophy Rush
* menu (Melee)
* Boss Battle (Melee)
* Menu (Brawl)
* Boss Battle 1 Song (Brawl)

Mario Galaxy

* Super Mario Galaxy
* Egg Planet

Mario Circuit

* Pandemonium (MP9)

Delfino Plaza

* Rainbow Cruise

Jungle Hijinx

* Gear Getaway- maybe
* Donkey Kong Country Returns (Vocal)

Yoshi's Island

* Title/ Ending (Super Mario WOrld)

Skyloft

* Ballad of the Goddess/ Ghirahim's Theme
* Main Theme / Underworld Theme
* Saria's Song/ Middle Bos Battle
* The Great Sea/ Menu Select
* Tal Tal Heights

Hyrule Temple

* Great Temple
* The Dark World
* Gerudo Valley

Great Cave Offensive

* Great Cave Offensive
* Celestial Valley

Orbital Gate Assault

* Corneria (Melee)

Coliseum
Castle Siege

* Shadow Dragon Medley

Skyworld

* Lightning Chariot Base

Gamer

* No music
* Ashley's Song
* Ashley Song (JP)

Town & City

* Go Go KK Rider (Remix)

Wrecking Crew

* NES Medley

Pilotwings

* Light Plane
* Light Plane (Vocal)
* Turbo Jet
* Light Plane (Original)

* Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger

Wuhu Island

* Wii Sports Resort (Title Theme)

75m

* 25m theme
* Pictochat
* Chill (Dr. Mario) Ver 2

Windy Hill Zone

* Wonder World
* Sonic Heroes

Wily Castle
Pac Land

* Pac-Man

Menu

* Menu
* Menu (Melee)
* Menu 2 (Melee)
* Menu (Brawl)
* How to play
* Trophies (Melee)

Nice list. Battlefield also has the Smash 64 credits arrangement from the 3DS version, Coliseum has "The Devoted" arrangement from Radiant Dawn, Skyloft has Brawl's Ocarina of Time medley and the original version of Ballad of The Goddess.

Oh, awesome, that's great.

I'm not sure about Mario World Ending on Yoshi's Island yet, I kinda want to see it outside of Event Mode first to make that conclusion. Also, Wrecking Crew's medley is a new one that just seems to have Wrecking Crew music (stage music/bonus stage/golden hammer).

Skyloft has the new Gerudo Vallery arrangement from the 3DS version (JP version of Factstravaganza), Brawl OoT Medley, and original Ballad of the Goddess (Smash Direct, btw)

Also Kalos Pokemon League has Vs. Cynthia, Yoshi's Woolly World has Yoshi's Woolly World (whatever the music shown in the trailer is), Brawl's Wildlands, and a new Yoshi's Island Medley. Pyrosphere has Vs. Ridley from Other M, Palutena's Temple has In the Space-Pirate Ship (3DS's arrangement). Town & City has an arrangement of The City from City Folk, Orbital Gate has Star Wolf / Sector Z from the 3DS version. Wily's Castle has the Spark Man arrangement on the 3DS version (I know that music for franchises that only have 1 stage is pretty obvious, but... I specifically heard this one!). Mushroom Kingdom U has the Ground / Underworld theme in the 3DS version.

This isn't listing any music from returning stages that they've had in Brawl or early, btw. Just new or changed stuff.

jnWake

Btw, when Sakurai said he got the Ice Climbers to work on the Wii U version, do we think he was even including 8-player Smash in that? Kind of crazy to think that Ice Climbers could work with a mode like that and not the 3DS version.

I was thinking about that too. It seems the difference in power between 3DS and Wii U is just ridiculous. I'm certain that one of the reasons why 1080p 60fps and 8 player Smash are possible is because the engine was made to work on 3DS, hence Wii U could afford to do crazy stuff.

georly

I was thinking about that too. It seems the difference in power between 3DS and Wii U is just ridiculous. I'm certain that one of the reasons why 1080p 60fps and 8 player Smash are possible is because the engine was made to work on 3DS, hence Wii U could afford to do crazy stuff.

Well, it sounds like they got ice climbers to work on an early build and quickly discovered that they couldn't get them on 3DS. It's possible ice climbers were in BEFORE 8 player smash, as well. Who's to say.

I was upset that ice climbers were cut for 3DS, but if them being cut means we get 8 player smash, I think that was a little more worthy of a sacrifice than 3DS.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
oh, i was just figuring that 75m was a really weird choice of stage to put the pictochat music on as opposed to, like, wuhu island or miiverse (though if miiverse is coming late i can kinda understand why they wouldn't want to give it any exclusive music, i guess)
Well Pictochat 2 does have a 25m reference.

Well, it sounds like they got ice climbers to work on an early build and quickly discovered that they couldn't get them on 3DS. It's possible ice climbers were in BEFORE 8 player smash, as well. Who's to say.

I was upset that ice climbers were cut for 3DS, but if them being cut means we get 8 player smash, I think that was a little more worthy of a sacrifice than 3DS.

Who knows, if we get the Chorus Kids as DLC, we'll have 24 characters in a single match.

I think adding the Chorus Kids will just make Ice Climber fans angrier though.

georly

Who knows, if we get the Chorus Kids as DLC, we'll have 24 characters in a single match.

I think adding the Chorus Kids will just make Ice Climber fans angry though.

A lot of people assume chorus kids have a similar gimmick to ice climbers (3 independent entities), but it's possible that all 3 act and behave as one, just like duck hunt acts and behaves as one character, despite being 2 animals.

eHWnCkS.png

I posted this before. Blue = new and red = retro.

I'm pretty sure each series (save maybe Mother and F-Zero) in the Wii U version will either match or have more new stages than the 3DS version.
Zelda is one of Nintendo's biggest series. Now way it's only getting one new stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom