• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Does anyone have a link to the poster who claimed he had seen the models of dixie, mewtwo, etc?

I could do better.

Here's a summary of what going on with 4 characters leaks.

July 21- Ninka posted the leak at Smashboards. Vaanrose and Ninka never mentioned Ridley, Chorus Kids, Dixie and Mewtwo.

Ovj68u5.png

July 27 - 4chan anonymous posted the leak at 4chan, and decided to toss Ridley, Dixie, Chorus Kid and Mewtwo along with the characters that have been leaked by Ninka. We have no idea if it's legit or not.

Sept 11 - Well, Spainkiller said:

Fuck it, I'm just gonna put it out there:

(And I'm not saying this to troll fans or keep the hype up or whatever.)

I have a source who has been right about previous leaks and has worked on the European localization of the game. He says he has definitely seen moving models of Dixie, Ridley, Chorus Men and Mewtwo in the game and he's still confident that these four characters can be unlocked by linking the 3DS version to the Wii U version.

Now, I know how outlandish this sounds, and being a game journalist myself I'm taking this with a grain of salt myself, but we're talking about the guy who told me about the Bowser Jr. alts immediately after the ESRB leaks and has never been wrong about other stuff as well. Plus, the whole connectivity thing makes far too much sense, if only to get fans to buy both versions. *insert itprintsmoney.gif here*

Again, I swear on my soul that I'm not trolling. Time will tell. I thought Ridley was never gonna be in, but hey.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=129524882&postcount=14153

Shadders

Honestly man get a first party controller, isn't this from PDP? Yeah I would avoid it. To answer you question though it has to connect to the wii mote, unless they changed it.

Didn't even notice these weren't first party, I saw the Nintendo characters and assumed they were produced by Nintendo. Thanks for the heads up, I'd have been very disappointed.

I could do better.

July 21- Ninka posted the leak at Smashboards. Vaanrose and Ninka never mentioned Ridley, Chorus Kids, Dixie and Mewtwo.

July 27 - 4chan anonymous posted the leak at 4chan, and decided to toss Ridley, Dixie, Chorus Kid and Mewtwo along with the characters that have been leaked by Ninka. We have no idea if it's legit or not.

Control C + Control V

Capra

Playable Ridley = want,

but...

Other M Ridley = do not want.

Though I guess technically Samus' and ZSS' designs are based on her Other M designs and the actual good character designers on the Smash team managed to de-crapify them remarkably well so...

Not sure if want.

Pyrokai

^^^ I want these new rumors to SO be true. Dixie is my most wanted, and Ridley (however it would work) will make so many people happy. Mewtwo coming back would also be great, because he's the only one cut from Melee who I thought should have been in Brawl. Chorus Kids would also be awesome.

That essentially leaves Ice Climbers for me as the only ones I truly want back. I would love for Lucas, Snake, and Wolf to return, too, but if I had to choose only one from all these, it would be Ice Climbers. Then Lucas. Then Snake. Then Wolf.

Considering the information for the original Ninka leak was hid behind the Leak User Group on Smashboards, unless it was a user from Smashboards, I'm not sure it was some truly random person making that information up.

Jawmuncher

The DLC characters all the leaks have been using I doubt are what's actually in store.
Really see what will be there surprising to us all.

Pyrokai

The DLC characters all the leaks have been using I doubt are what's actually in store.
Really see what will be there surprising to us all.

Hell, these are just link-up rumors (3DS/Wii U linking). DLC after that for me would be icing on the cake!

I still would like 2 DLC packs. A veteran pack and a newcomer pack, 3 characters and 5 stages each. Vet Pack comes with old stages/characters, and New Pack comes with new stages/characters.

Respective returning and new items would also be a bonus. And new trophies and challenges, of course : D

So is there any reason why the "Tower of Smash" leak is being discussed at all? Is it just that there isn't anything to discuss right now, or do people think this stuff actually has a shot at being real?
Plenty of text leaks have come out with information as in-depth as this one, only to be confirmed fake sometime later. It's not like he got anything right so far, right now he might as well have called it "my wishlist for the best Wii U version possible" because that's what it is.

Rusty gives you a certain amount of damage, but you can "haggle" with him to lower the percentage. It's a pretty neat mechanic. Bats and baseballs used, of course. He can even set up an Ultra Machine as a turret, kind of like Pac Man's fire hydrant.
His Final Smash involves all of his children throwing baseballs at the caught character.
You can even switch his ethnicity!

He's a really fresh character, I'm sure people will love him.

Starting price is $14.99.

For the record: I went backed and looked at the previous threads, the first mention of the roster leak was by RomanceDawn on the 29th of July. That week most of the attention was focused on the Comic-Con "leaker" who said Bandanna Dee would be revealed during that time.

RomanceDawn
(07-29-2014, 05:20 PM)

Anyone read the newest leaks from Smashboards?

>Dixie
>Shulk
>Chorus Men
>Ridley
>Bowser Jr (riding in the mini clown car, 7 koopa kid alts)
>Mewtwo
>Duck Hunt Dog

Mentions of Ice Climbers, Snake, Wolf and Lucas being cut. Maybe saved for DLC?

Sadly Dixie and Ridley are the only ones who have only been speculated on for what ever reason. Also aside from foul mouth guy, the others are reputable as far as I know. Oh and no one knows if these are all the rest of the newcomers.

It's worth a look that's for sure and I mean we are getting extremely close to launch, someone is bound to leak something. Still even the guys who leaked this stuff are saying take everything with a grain of salt since they didn't see everything for themselves.

EDIT: Wait can I even post the link? I forget how things work around here sometimes.

Think this was the first time the information made it out of the Smashboards bubble.

For the record: I went backed and looked at the previous threads, the first mention of the roster leak was by RomanceDawn on the 29th of July. That week most of the attention was focused on the Comic-Con "leaker" who said Bandanna Dee would be revealed during that time.

Think this was the first time the information made it out of the Smashboards bubble.

Information was probably combined from several leaks, like IntelliHeath pointed out earlier.

Personally, I'm just going to expect the same character roster as what is on the 3DS. I'm overall happy with the roster and am pretty satisfied. I would've loved Ridley, Wolf, Mewtwo and others in the game but I'm not too worried over it. I'm just going to go in the game expecting about the same amount of content as what is present on the 3DS version until Sakurai says otherwise.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Rusty gives you a certain amount of damage, but you can "haggle" with him to lower the percentage. It's a pretty neat mechanic. Bats and baseballs used, of course. He can even set up an Ultra Machine as a turret, kind of like Pac Man's fire hydrant.
His Final Smash involves all of his children throwing baseballs at the caught character.
You can even switch his ethnicity!

He's a really fresh character, I'm sure people will love him.

Starting price is $14.99.

I'm intrigued by your idea. Too bad that he wouldn't happens. Maybe Smash 5.

I'm just pointing out the information existed in a very small bubble at the time.

You are right. That was SmashGAF's first time hearing about that rumor on this forum However we don't know if smashboards member decided to bring it over to 4chan and decided to randomly toss few characters into it. I hope that it's not in case. I still hope that rumor is real just sake for many fans out there.

I'm not saying that I believe in rumors but just playing with it. Spainkiller said that they theorized that it would be for Wii U/3DS connectivity unlockable so I wonder if it will be DLC content OR connectivity unlockable characters.

It would be amazing if we actually got cut veteran characters along with Mewtwo, Ridley, Dixie and Chorus Kids.

I think you have said this more than all other posters have mentioned it combined.

I'm not sure how many times other people have posted it, but here's all my times that I've said it was fake, I didn't include times I pointed out flaws.
Bookmarked.
Here are some more quotes for you! Feel free to point out how wrong I was if it turns out that this "leak" is true.
Back when the ESRB leak first came out, I thought it was fake. However, the biggest thing that pointed to it being real (other than the renders) was how disappointing it was.
This new "leak" is saying "here's all these characters you want, and a whole bunch of stages too!"
It's just unbelievable.

So is there any reason why the "Tower of Smash" leak is being discussed at all? Is it just that there isn't anything to discuss right now, or do people think this stuff actually has a shot at being real?
Plenty of text leaks have come out with information as in-depth as this one, only to be confirmed fake sometime later. It's not like he got anything right so far, right now he might as well have called it "my wishlist for the best Wii U version possible" because that's what it is.

I'm going to believe this leak is fake for glory.

Wait are people actually believing this thing? It's pretty obviously fake; there's nothing to indicate this guy's credibility, unlike previous leaks (images, correct predictions before actual announcements).

That stage roster is fake, it's too good.

georly

Uhhh... why? That leak has no credibility. If it came from a previous leaker, maybe, or had some thing that was confirmed. So far it's just a random poster.

I'm not sure how many times other people have posted it, but here's all my times that I've said it was fake, I didn't include times I pointed out flaws.

Here are some more quotes for you! Feel free to point out how wrong I was if it turns out that this "leak" is true.

I agree. The leak is basically 'oh, you know that stage you've always wanted to be in smash, or that old stage you love so much!? IT'S IN OMG!'

Bookmarked.

Because we know how history has unfolded...
ratcliffja
(07-29-2014, 05:23 PM)

That's one of the worst fake leaks I've seen in a LONG time.

Edit: 7 alts is even less believable than duck hunt dog.

Ryce
(07-29-2014, 05:23 PM)

>Bowser Jr (riding in the mini clown car, 7 koopa kid alts)
Yeah, bullshit. The Koopa Kids are nothing like each other (in terms of physical size and personality), and they certainly aren't anything like Bowser Jr.

J@hranimo
(07-29-2014, 05:24 PM)

I quite literally scoffed after reading that

and I've never scoffed before o.o

PadWarrior
(07-29-2014, 05:31 PM)

A part of me would laugh if the dog got in over Ridley or k rool lol

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Uhhh... why? That leak has no credibility. If it came from a previous leaker, maybe, or had some thing that was confirmed. So far it's just a random poster.

I agree. The leak is basically 'oh, you know that stage you've always wanted to be in smash, or that old stage you love so much!? IT'S IN OMG!'

Guess they needed more content on their channel, its how they pay their bills after all

There's really nothing to indicate that this leak is at all real, it's not like he provided images or made some kind of prediction that turned out to be accurate later. He just posted a bunch of information, something that's happened many times before and only rarely turned out to be true.

This leak is fake, I guarantee it. (another one for the list)

They basically say that in the video, but they cover some interesting stuff in the 2nd half. Apparently there are Star Fox voice actors listed in the credits of the 3ds one that don't appear in the game. Wii U hints?

I'm intrigued by your idea. Too bad that he wouldn't happens. Maybe Smash 5.

The only other idea I have for Rusty is some sort of general Free to Play/eShop rep, like using an upside-down eShop bag as a parachute, or maybe he shoots Steel Diver submarines out like the Villager's Lloid rocket.

georly

There's really nothing to indicate that this leak is at all real, it's not like he provided images or made some kind of prediction that turned out to be accurate later. He just posted a bunch of information, something that's happened many times before and only rarely turned out to be true.

This leak is fake, I guarantee it. (another one for the list)

I don't guarantee that it's fake or real, but there's no reason to believe this leak over any other 'leak' that's ever posted.

Same w/ the ninka/vaanrose link. No reason to believe it until we had evidence that pointed toward it being real.

There are dozens of fake leaks posted every week, why is this one more believable than any other one? Because it had that one stage you've always wanted? That one character you always wanted?

*shrug*

I imagine the Wii U version will get some more stages revealed eventually. If one doesn't line up, it's fake.

Too bad he didn't post it a few days before. Would have been interesting to see people's reaction to Castle Siege being confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom