• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't guarantee that it's fake or real, but there's no reason to believe this leak over any other 'leak' that's ever posted.

Same w/ the ninka/vaanrose link. No reason to believe it until we had evidence that pointed toward it being real.

There are dozens of fake leaks posted every week, why is this one more believable than any other one? Because it had that one stage you've always wanted? That one character you always wanted?

*shrug*

that's how it always is at first lol

I imagine the Wii U version will get some more stages revealed eventually. If one doesn't line up, it's fake.

Too bad he didn't post it a few days before. Would have been interesting to see people's reaction to Castle Siege being confirmed.

Considering that he said each series would have a returning stage, and he incorporated so many returning stages, it wouldn't be too much of a surprise.
Getting a new stage right would be interesting, but this isn't real until every one of the 55 stages is confirmed.

Jawmuncher

I just realized so long as I don't get screwed over Final Destination on WiiU should have the Brawl FD Theme as a option.

Not that I said that i'm sure to get screwed over.

I don't guarantee that it's fake or real, but there's no reason to believe this leak over any other 'leak' that's ever posted.

Same w/ the ninka/vaanrose link. No reason to believe it until we had evidence that pointed toward it being real.

There are dozens of fake leaks posted every week, why is this one more believable than any other one? Because it had that one stage you've always wanted? That one character you always wanted?

*shrug*

I think people get too excited over nothing. Remember that time where someone posted screenshots of the game on his 3DS that weren't POTD, and everyone started posting "It's happening" .gifs so much that the posts confirming that the stills were just from the eShop trailer were buried under hype?

*shrug*

I think its because of how much effort and detail was put into it.

Why did he make a second (the stages) leak? Is he persistent in getting others to believe him? Maybe for more attention?

I don't know, I think we are all just overthinking it.

georly

I think people get too excited over nothing. Remember that time where someone posted screenshots of the game on his 3DS that weren't POTD, and everyone started posting "It's happening" .gifs so much that the posts confirming that the stills were just from the eShop trailer were buried under hype?

You mean the leak that I debunked by posting the screenshots? :p

Yes, I remember debunking that leak.

I think its because of how much effort and detail was put into it.

Why did he make a second (the stages) leak? Is he persistent in getting others to believe him? Maybe for more attention?

I don't know, I think we are all just overthinking it.

If I wanted to write a fake leak, I know i'd go all out. I'd make up entirely ridiculous stuff, put in disappointing things, and then sprinkle it with your greatest hopes.

You mean the leak that I debunked by posting the screenshots? :p

Yes, I remember debunking that leak.

If I wanted to write a fake leak, I know i'd go all out. I'd make up entirely ridiculous stuff, put in disappointing things, and then sprinkle it with your greatest hopes.

Well now you can't trick us with a fake :p

One scoop of playable WiiMote Safety Man, another scoop of missing event mode, sprinkle it with Ridley shavings.

Getting a new stage right would be interesting, but this isn't real until every one of the 55 stages is confirmed.

No it's not. The ESRB leak was real to all but the die hard deniers the minute the Tomadachi stage details came out. As soon as one (non retro) stage is revealed the leak will be fairly credible.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
There's really nothing to indicate that this leak is at all real, it's not like he provided images or made some kind of prediction that turned out to be accurate later. He just posted a bunch of information, something that's happened many times before and only rarely turned out to be true.

This leak is fake, I guarantee it. (another one for the list)

.....Do you know something?

Veeboy

Any leak with Ridley as a playable character has to be fake. Why would they make him both a stage boss and a character?
Easy. They have the inferior Ridley clone from Other M as the stage boss and the superior Metroid Prime design as the playable character.

Believe
huh what's that
A group of LPers. They have an OT, and for some reason which I know not a bunch of people in there have changed their avatars to have ginger hair and a ginger beard like one of the members of the group, Pat.

Neoxon

Like I said before, if images or footage come to light supporting the leak, then I'll believe it. Until then, I'll remain skeptical.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
They basically say that in the video, but they cover some interesting stuff in the 2nd half. Apparently there are Star Fox voice actors listed in the credits of the 3ds one that don't appear in the game. Wii U hints?

Can you provide us more information about Star Fox voice actors news. I'm pretty sure that those voice actors is more likely to be credited for those Star Fox Crews communications at Cornelia that you activated with the taunt.

Tan

Sakurai is considerate enough to let people play as Ridley while letting them beat up Other M's shitty looking Ridley clone at the same time.

Sakurai's considerate enough to let people see Ridley fight Other M ridley in the background acting as a dynamic stage hazard.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Easy. They have the inferior Ridley clone from Other M as the stage boss and the superior Metroid Prime design as the playable character.

Believe

A group of LPers. They have an OT, and for some reason which I know not a bunch of people in there have changed their avatars to have ginger hair and a ginger beard like one of the members of the group, Pat.
You should have been there for OT2

I really don't know if people are serious with the "two different Ridleys" line
In terms of Smash I'm not serious since like DK/Link Sakurai probably sees them as representative of the same character, but if we're being anal-retentive about 'canon' then no, M:OM's Ridley technically isn't the same Ridley that ate Samus' parents.

Platy

If there are more characters ... how they fit ?

If you put dixie and impa the second line is full ... and then ... where do you fit the rest ?

I tried to make the roster works with the rules we already stabilished and ... I have to say it fits better than I imagined it would.

imU2AZ2lJQvio.jpg

(probably changing WFT with Chorus)

Also for reference

TOHRH6B.jpg

There's like five Ridleys.

Normal Ridley
Mecha-Ridley (from Zero Mission's ending)
Meta-Ridley (Brawl counted him as a separate character, at least)
Other M's Ridley clone
Ridley-X, which is a clone of a clone now that I think about it

ganondorf did some pretty messed up stuff too!!

like he-as-agahnim killed the king of hyrule, made him into a skellybones

and then he murdered the great deku tree

and also sharp and flat (prob. punched them into being ghosts)

and that guard in the back alley

and all of those redeads in castle town (ummmmm that melee trophy is of [snort] DUBIOUS canonicity [adjusts wallscroll])

and he killed fado and laruto in WW

and in TP he punched that water sage ghost into death that has ascended beyond death (or you can call this a super death 2. heh, just wait)

and he helped zant turn the twili into shadow beasts, and those shadow beasts like killed some hyrule guards, and link had to kill them, and i think a bunch of kakariko people also got killed by them (including one lady who turned into one possibly so Link must have killed her too????), and executed that Zora queen

the dorf's a bad fella with a rude tude is what i'm getting at
best of all he gets to lie a lot

Veeboy

You should have been there for OT2

Is that the one where people were putting eyepatches on things? At least I think that was the SBF OT. I don't know why that happened either. I only glance at the OT every once in a while for some reason despite loving the best friends and their content.

This game has two Marios and two Links. Toon Link appears in the background of a stage unless he's used, then he's not. Miis appear on several maps. There's little reason Ridley couldn't be both playable and a stage boss, especially since there's more of a difference from Other M Ridley and Zero Mission/Super Ridley in the Metroid universe than there is between Doc and Mario.

If you put dixie and impa the second line is full ... and then ... where do you fit the rest ?

I tried to make the roster works with the rules we already stabilished and ... I have to say it fits better than I imagined it would.

iO2mnTkWdS36V.jpg

Also for reference

TOHRH6B.jpg

You would need a second page or a more major restructure of the screen, you forgot Mii Fighters taking up a tile.

C'mon dude there's high quality shots of the full roster to work from you don't need to use the crappy leak pics anymore.

That said, people datamined 'next page' and 'previous page' buttons for char and stage select so who knows.

ridley will never be playable

In terms of Smash I'm not serious since like DK/Link Sakurai probably sees them as representative of the same character, but if we're being anal-retentive about 'canon' then no, M:OM's Ridley technically isn't the same Ridley that ate Samus' parents.

yeah I'm talking about how Sakurai sees it for Smash, not Metroid canon

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

imU2AZ2lJQvio.jpg

Also for reference

TOHRH6B.jpg

You forget Mii Fighter Icon

georly

imU2AZ2lJQvio.jpg

Also for reference

TOHRH6B.jpg

I'd like to see a roster where the clones move w/ their franchises

Pit/palu/dark pit look so good together, with pit looking left, palutena looking forward, and dark pit looking right.

Also, you have no room for mii fighters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom