• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl: First Look (~6 minutes of clips from the upcoming Fall CBS show)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that we now have Krytonians confirmed for the DCTVerse
And we got a hint that Hal Jordan/Green Lanterns are apart of the DCTVerse in the previous Flash episode (one of Ferris' test pilots disappeared, causing it to be shut down. Obvious reference to Hal Jordan, who became a green lantern after testing a plan)
. So question remains (for me anyway) will the up coming Titans series also be in this universe? Don't think Greg Berlanti has anything to do with it.

The DCTVerse and the DCCU are 100% unrelated to the point where they have a completely different actor for Flash. It's actually a really stupid move for DC, who is trying to play catch up with Marvel.

I prefer this move cause it puts the spotlight on lesser known characters and allows for radically new character and plot dynamics.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
mfqPz6p.gif

This scene looks so well done. The uniform is so colourful and nice. Already better than that superman outfit in the movies.

kurahador

This scene looks so well done. The uniform is so colourful and nice. Already better than that superman outfit in the movies.

That scene can be seen in alot of tv series that doesn't involve super powers.
It's pretty basic stuff.

This is how a well made scene looks like.
oubnmb.gif

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
The DCTVerse and the DCCU are 100% unrelated to the point where they have a completely different actor for Flash. It's actually a really stupid move for DC, who is trying to play catch up with Marvel.

To be fair, DC always was big on establishing a multiverse, way more so than Marvel. I wouldn't put it past them to already think about some huge blockbuster crossover of the TV and movie universes.

Then again, they probably won't.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
looked shit for a while. started to like it after saving the plane a little.

So the fact that they mentioned Superman pretty much breaks compatibility with the Arrow/Flash-verse right?

I'm still hoping for The Flash to do a version of Flashpoint where even after resolving the main conflict it would still lead to major changes in the Arrowverse.

tkscz

I prefer this move cause it puts the spotlight on lesser known characters and allows for radically new character and plot dynamics.

I definitely understand that, but this could make the movies feel more expansive. The shows are getting good enough to make me not want to see the movies.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I'm still hoping for The Flash to do a version of Flashpoint where even after resolving the main conflict it would still lead to major changes in the Arrowverse.

I'm betting that the finale will create some meaningful alterations for Season 2.

Flash changes the past just enough so that his dad was never arrested, but that means Detective West was left maybe wanting another kid, and boom, Barry returns to the future and suddenly there's this kid Wally! Also these ripples could cause disturbances that cause Legends of Tomorrow....

big_z

good to see the people that brought us n64 sub are still getting work.

I think the action looks bad but it the rest could be charming.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
I know that. But the scene looked like it is from the MoS movie, that's why I was confused.

Looks okay, but it's weird that this is linked to Man of Steel when Kara's origin is entirely different. I mean, is she even on Krypton at the beginning?

Anyway, I love the outfit, looks pretty damn great in motion. Effects look pretty decent too.

BBboy20

That scene can be seen in alot of tv series that doesn't involve super powers.
It's pretty basic stuff.

This is how a well made scene looks like.
oubnmb.gif
The 100 has action scenes!? And they're that good!?

To be fair, DC always was big on establishing a multiverse, way more so than Marvel. I wouldn't put it past them to already think about some huge blockbuster crossover of the TV and movie universes.

Then again, they probably won't.
If Man of Steel was just a much better movie, sure. But it wasn't so I'm fine with my live-action DC heroes in TV.

Blackage

The first half of the trailer is literally the SNL Black Widow skit.

This, the first 2 minutes of this trailer were really really painful to sit through, it unfolded like a parody of what we all kind of expected from a female superhero show targeted at women.

It picks up with the plane scene, like right after "From the World of DC Comics", that's probably where it should have started from.

This, the first 2 minutes of this trailer were really really painful to sit through, it unfolded like a parody of what we all kind of expected from a female superhero show targeted at women.

It picks up with the plane scene, like right after "From the World of DC Comics", that's probably where it should have started from.

Agreed. I fear the marketing of this will kill this show :/

tkscz

Actually hoping for more B-listers to show up in this series like they do in Flash/Arrow. Would love to see John Henry Irons (Steel)
NOT PLAYED BY SHAQ!
or members from the Legion of Super Heroes.

Shaanyboi

Banned

Would it be cool to see these guys on the big screen? Sure. But separating the universes allows them WAY more creative freedom to do what they want, use whatever villains, not be limited by "Oh this character has to be alive because this movie" or "you can't use this character because the actor refuses to do TV work."

Think of how limited Agents of Shield was until Winter Soldier. Or how none of the Avengers cast will show up for really no good reason narratively.

I expected something different, looks like a CW show more than anything (not saying is bad). Unsure about her personality or even the actress, I will watch the first episodes for sure anyway.

Wiktor

Would it be cool to see these guys on the big screen? Sure. But separating the universes allows them WAY more creative freedom to do what they want, use whatever villains, not be limited by "Oh this character has to be alive because this movie" or "you can't use this character because the actor refuses to do TV work."

Think of how limited Agents of Shield was until Winter Soldier. Or how none of the Avengers cast will show up for really no good reason narratively.
Ehh..imagine is Winter Soldier was Agents of Shield's arc. With Cap being part of the team, going on missions, then having to actually see the conspiracy slowly uncovered, then actually seeing him on the run instead. Maybe WinterSoldier would have some depth too as a villain...ehh.

DrBo42

Very pleasantly surprised. Benoist looks great (costume blows). Seems like it'll be fun. VFX is actually what surprised me the most. Looks like they're sinking a good amount of money into it.

supergirl-and-jimmy-c1f43.jpg

Someone buy Jimmy Olsen a new shirt because it feels like he's gonna take off his shirt or it's going to tear itself and reveal himself to be Steel.

tkscz

Yeah that's true. I suppose I'm thinking more of the financial route as this would make it so they wouldn't have to make so many movies, but it would limit the shows.

Well, you'll also have a whole series dedicated entirely to B-listers in Legends of Tomorrow.

Didn't know they named it already. Besides Firestorm, Black Canary, Atom and Captain Cold, who else is in it? Also any update on the Vixen animated series?

The 100 has action scenes!? And they're that good!?.

It has quite a few, but that's probably the best example of them.

It was a really great scene, made so much more incredible when you factor in how far the character has come from the first episode to where she's mercilessly fucking people up...

Looks cringe-inducing. Isn't whats being shown in this trailer 100% the stuff people have been saying shouldnt be in a Wonder Woman movie?

Shaanyboi

Banned
Looks cringe-inducing. Isn't whats being shown in this trailer 100% the stuff people have been saying shouldnt be in a Wonder Woman movie?
Like what? And besides, Wonder Woman and Supergirl aren't the same character, and they both require different approaches. If what was shown here was for WW, yeah, that'd be lame. But it's not, it fits with Kara rather nicely.

DrBo42

Are you referring to the "What's wrong with "Girl"?" scene? I agree that was awful but everything else is pretty good. Actually the "Oh you're gay! That's the reason you're not into me" thing was bad too.

Wiktor

Jimmy Olsen needs to be alpha as hell and a bit suicidal too. Without those qualities nobody would dare to sleep with Kara.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
hoping this is something my daughter can enjoy and the protagonist can be strong. she was pissed when the first woman meta-human in the flash was just killed in the same episode

although she is 11 so don't know what age this is suitable for yet

DrBo42

hoping this is something my daughter can enjoy and the protagonist can be strong. she was pissed when the first woman meta-human in the flash was just killed in the same episode

Assume there's mild sexual themes/innuendos and pg-13 violence.

Finaika

I think she will enjoy this show.

infi

Wow, that looks amazing. Hopefully CBS will eventually OK crossovers with Flash and Arrow.

I hope not. There's already too many crossovers with Arrow and Flash we don't need another show added to the mix. Let it stand on its own.

Razmos

It's funny, the first time I watched the clip it was with no sound, and I thought the guy who kept hitting on Kara was her gay best friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom