• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl: First Look (~6 minutes of clips from the upcoming Fall CBS show)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyG

Banned
Just watched it again. I'm in. The girl playing Kara is perfect, and it seems really fun. I'm so glad they aren't going for a tone similar to Arrow.

BBboy20

I can't believe this is on modern-day CBS. And it looks surprisingly good to boot.
Dude, watch Person of Interest, now!

Yes, he was cast as the primary love interest. The other kid is Toyman.
o_O

Twitter will be on fire with teh first kiss. Diet Racist will flow
I'd commercial even harder on that.

This timeline was a mistake, it's nothing but trash.
1126_zpsf9229eba.gif

It's been renamed to Blackbirds
Were the Titans ever called that?

I now want to see Reverse Flash take on Supergirl.

That'd be a hell of a match up, huh.

K8htoDl.jpg
Dude, I was thinking of all the possibilities for 20 minutes straight.

RF hitting her would be like hitting a brick wall.

Only chance would be if he used the sonic boom punch
I'd imagine a master speedster would be capable of that not being the only option, even hard objects

RF can't fly tho
But he can dodge her heat rays so she'll have to come to him...or maybe RF can just bounce off buildings to reach her...

You know, I wasn't trying to look that much into that shot but seeing it screencapped...I feel bad...

HA!

The lighting looks really good for a green screen shot.

You're not wrong.
Dude, Malcolm looks more baller then any of those there.

Shorter prototype skirt
I can't blame him hand gesturing that Dat.

It's kind of a shame Supergirl has to be blonde. Melissa Benoist looks way better as a brunette IMO.

Melissa-benoist-01.jpg

Melissa-Benoist-weight.jpg
.......oh..........

Those legs though

1WFxnRG.gif
I feel naughty for someone who isn't trying to.........

which it's going to have. Blake Neely, Arrow and Flash's composer, is doing Supergirl's score.
oU9ir6A.gif

I'm hoping all that was just subverting expectations then something they thought would fly...was not a pun there...

That and Nintendo's Bill Wasted gif may go for miles this summer.

So, this dude gonna' be a meta human or an alien?

also, are they seriously going with the whole glasses/no glasses disguise like supes?
I ain't complaining...

Coming right up

Ph0u7DZ.gif
well.gif

This is how this show will get ratings, isn't it?

...Wait, Jimmy Olsen can't be that cool! Jimmy Olsen has to be a total dweeb who's basically slapped around by Superman! It looks fun though. Definitely will keep my eye out.

...Wait, Jimmy Olsen can't be that cool! Jimmy Olsen has to be a total dweeb who's basically slapped around by Superman! It looks fun though. Definitely will keep my eye out.

Jimmy grew up, got tired of Superman's hazing. Trailer implies Superman's been around for well over a decade.

I hope they still make it one universe with the rest of the DCverse and there is some sort of zoning law in effect.

-Supersoldiers and ancient assassin cults: Starling City only
-Time travelers and metahumans: Central City only
-Aliens: Metropolis only
-Psychotic criminals: Gotham only

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Hot girl beating the shit out of fools? Sure i will give it a look.

I hope they still make it one universe with the rest of the DCverse and there is some sort of zoning law in effect.

I'm okay with this explanation.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Not gonna lie... Came in to this ready to hate, but I actually liked what I saw. Don't know if I'll watch, but it looks like they did at least an alright job.

Corpekata

Banned

Her male friend that's helping her with the costumes is basically the Jimmy Olsen type character, except he wants to bang the Superperson he's around.

Okay, maybe he's basically just Jimmy Olsen.

Gotham-s1e5-Viper-addict.png

Gotham already has the super, just not the soldier part yet.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
and Gotham had an incredible turnaround.

did it? I gave up on it around episode 5ish, can you spoil me on what happens later?

Regarding this:

My cousin your cousing my cousin cousin Clar- i mean my cousin.

This is already getting super forced in those few minutes, and I'm pretty sure they won't actually show him either except for maybe a shadowy outline once or twice.
The Super-scenes seemed fine, everything else seems straight out of the Arrow/Flash book of forced social interactions. I'll be cautiously optimistic.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
It is pretty funny how the backdrop is almost exactly like the Black Widow sketch. Besides that and the super stilted "girl" dialogue, it seems alright. She's pretty heavy on the adorkable trope too, which can get annoying if they don't allow her to grow out of that shit fast.

did it? I gave up on it around episode 5ish, can you spoil me on what happens later?
Was an early episode, new drug going around the city called Viper that made people stronger for a bit before killing them(drains them of calcium).
Turned out to be a prototype strain of Venom.

Wiktor

So is this Arrowverse? I'm reading conflicting things.

For now it potentially can be. Initially it won't come into play, as CBS wants it to stand on it's own legs. But they left the door opened for future potential shared universe. That's all we know. You won't get anything more definitive for a while.

Wiktor

Was an early episode, new drug going around the city called Viper that made people stronger for a bit before killing them(drains them of calcium).
Turned out to be a prototype strain of Venom.

I know that Gotham isn't loved by all, but the dude collapsing under the weight of ATM is still one of the best comicbook scenes of this season of TV. :D

RE_Player

It doesn't look like a complete embarrassment but man I could not give a fuck. Totally seems like a show that is for CBS and will probably get cancelled or moved to another network when CBS is disappointed in the ratings.

Cringe worthy and kinda meh.

I'll pass on this.

Was Kara this superficial and airhead in the comics? Also, it looks like everything will fall back to "because of my cousin". Lame.

Wait a tick, so, this guy:

is Hank Henshaw. Instead of being an astronaut, he's a "DEO Agent", tasked with taking down extraterrestrial/metahuman threats.

And he'll ultimately become this guy:

He better bring that swagger on. That terrifying swagger.

Wonder how he ultimately becomes "Cyborg Superman"

Wow, I must be watching a different preview than everyone else. This looks awful. Hopefully it's just how it's edited here. But those piano parts and music? I thought I was watching the Jem and the Holograms trailer again, but with super powers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom