• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural Season 11 |OT| No, seriously, it got awesome again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy fuck! Metatron has fucking balls the bigger than the size of VY Canis Majoris! Calling God a coward, TO HIS FACE! Honestly, this episode kinda reminded me the the movie Legion because
You have an Angel that is responsible for giving God hope again and getting to him save humanity.
I was starting to really dislike the direction they had God heading, with him being a jerk, super angry, anxious about what Metatron thought, annoyed, being a complete dick "You're not special..." shrugging off his sister and his entire creation and just being plain pitiful...however, that caused the transition to be even more powerful and have a bigger impact, when Chuck started singing and everything started becoming good again it hit really hard, so kudos to CW. I also like how they delayed showing the title, where he was like call me chuck then "Don't call me Shurley" the timing was excellent. Also Chuck talking about how he brought back Cas more times than he could count(I wonder if Cas died more than the three times we saw, also begs the question, did Amara end up killing Lucstiel, and God brought back Cas?

What are they gonna do now that they have Chuck is their back pocket?

Edit: I didn't really see God as writing his own death scene in the paper. Surprised others saw it tbh, I still stand that God created Death(or maybe Armara did and she used him to destroy everything, and when she got locked up he got set free?). God seems to resent his sister, and for good reason I supposed, you try creating things only for someone else to destroy it...reminds me of the asshole griefers in Minecraft :(.

Personally I think Metatron started crying because he's happy he got through to God and feels his warmth and light again. Think about it. Metatron loves God, so seeing him being so cowardly about Amara, and uncaring about what she's doing to his creation destroys him on the inside. Then Metatron gives an amazing speech, and he turns God a full 180. I'd feel super emotional too.

Edit edit:
NOW WE JUST NEED GABRIEL BACK
surprised no one mentioned that...ya'll are jerks!

Personally I think Metatron started crying because he's happy he got through to God and feels his warmth and light again. Think about it. Metatron loves God, so seeing him being so cowardly about Amara, and uncaring about what she's doing to his creation destroys him on the inside. Then Metatron gives an amazing speech, and he turns God a full 180. I'd feel super emotional too.

That was how I interpreted it too. I saw it as tears of sheer joy. Earlier Metatron was going on about how much he had loved basking in God's light, I imagine the vibrations created by his singing must have had a similar effect on him.

Wow, that was awesome!

I liked Revolution, though.

And I'm in the camp that they're not going to kill God. He's God! I don't think they'll kill Amara either, though. Seems neither of them can die.

Kevin

This show is amazing again. Why was the ratings so low this week? It's one of the lowest rated episodes of not only the season but the show in general. Was it preempted or something? 1.54 million if anyone is curious.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
You know, here is a slight nit pick. But I kinda wish Amara was called something else.
Something from some kind of lore, because even gadreel was based in real biblical lore.

Amara just kinda feels like another random mooks name.

You know, here is a slight nit pick. But I kinda wish Amara was called something else.
Something from some kind of lore, because even gadreel was based in real biblical lore.

My thinking on this is that she's so old that she doesn't exist in any lore. The Bible starts with God letting there be light, so there isn't anything before, other than the Darkness.

God appears to deeply resent her ("this is my story") so I'd wager he kept all that stuff on the down low.

This show is amazing again. Why was the ratings so low this week? It's one of the lowest rated episodes of not only the season but the show in general. Was it preempted or something? 1.54 million if anyone is curious.

I honestly forgot that it was back, I'm used to so many shows going on hiatus that I didn't see it the day of. Maybe some people thought it did a hiatus, after all Gotham came back after like three weeks did an episode then skipped a week.

I wanna know more about God & Lucifer though. We constantly saw that Lucifer was Gods must trusted, Gods most beloved, Gods favourite, etc. But Now we learn Lucifer isn't Gods favourite? I wanna dig deeper into that, also why he shows absolutely no consideration for his Angels, like Michael. Maybe he's pissed they jump started the apocalypse :eek:.

Amara is that annoying sibling who destroys your sand castle and lego buildings as soon as you look away. No wonder he doesn't want to tell people about her.
That's kind of the thing, though. To God, Earth is pretty much just a LEGO building. Amara could knock it over, and He'd be upset, but it's not like He can't just build another one whenever. That's probably why He didn't care to intervene until Metatron convinced him that this one is worth putting some Kragle on.

I honestly forgot that it was back, I'm used to so many shows going on hiatus that I didn't see it the day of. Maybe some people thought it did a hiatus, after all Gotham came back after like three weeks did an episode then skipped a week.

I wanna know more about God & Lucifer though. We constantly saw that Lucifer was Gods must trusted, Gods most beloved, Gods favourite, etc. But Now we learn Lucifer isn't Gods favourite? I wanna dig deeper into that, also why he shows absolutely no consideration for his Angels, like Michael. Maybe he's pissed they jump started the apocalypse :eek:.
It seems like this show is on the exact same schedule as Arrow, so whenever that's new, this is new.

I also think He was lying about Lucifer not being His favorite. You know how parents with multiple children never admit that they prefer one over the others? I think it's kind of like that.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
My thinking on this is that she's so old that she doesn't exist in any lore. The Bible starts with God letting there be light, so there isn't anything before, other than the Darkness.

God appears to deeply resent her ("this is my story") so I'd wager he kept all that stuff on the down low.

Yeah I guess from lore would be nearly impossible as only god, lucifer and death would probably know her real name, however didn't she call her self Amara to dean though when she was still in her younger body?

I think if they had just stayed with just The Darkness it would have been better than Amara which feels really generic.

But again, this is really just a nitpick.

Yeah I guess from lore would be nearly impossible as only god, lucifer and death would probably know her real name, however didn't she call her self Amara to dean though when she was still in her younger body?

I think if they had just stayed with just The Darkness it would have been better than Amara which feels really generic.

But again, this is really just a nitpick.
The Darkness is just what everyone else calls her, since they don't know her name.

There are two possibilities for Amara, though:

1. That's the name given to her by her human mother, and she kept it.
2. That's actually her name, and she influenced her human mother to give her that name.

Either way, it seems like she has no problem sticking with it.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Oh yeah I guess when she was a baby with that one family they could have named her Amara, but I dunno I kinda wish they had just gone full average name and just called her Sarah or something.

Chuck is just god's secret persona so that one I am like 100% on board with.

Amara has almost no reason to care about having a secret persona she literally just does whatever she wants whenever she wants.

Come on now... They're immutable forces. I doubt they have any natural kind of language, nor need for names. Certainly not any that would conveniently be able to be pronounced by human beings.

Amara was chosen because they needed to call her something.

silva1991

I can't wait to see the lovely and calm conversation between God and Dean

Dean: why didn't you do anything to help you dick son of a bitch

and then he punches God in the face.

ccbfan

It's kinda funny before season 5 a popular fan theory was that the trickster was god since he was so much more powerful than anything in the show so far.

But they it turn go just be Gabriel hiding after dealing with all the shit in heaven.

It turns out God is doing the same as chuck.

Wilsongt

It's kinda funny before season 5 a popular fan theory was that the trickster was god since he was so much more powerful than anything in the show so far.

But they it turn go just be Gabriel hiding after dealing with all the shit in heaven.

I find kind of funny that pretty much 3 out of the 4 archangels are gone and God isn't doing shit about it, yet he keeps bringing back Cas.

bitbydeath

tumblr_inline_o6o0s0ZYq81qf96bf_500.gif

Bring back Bobby

Flare

This episode was pretty damn good, and the last five or so minutes were even better. Pleasantly surprised, though this season has been so much better than the last few.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Man... I don't even remember who Jo, Ellen, and Ash were.

I swear, for some reason I barely remember anything about this show.

you need to go back and rewatch the series then. outside of charlie, the rest are awesome

Azazzel

Something that stuck with me from Metatron's conversation with God was how the later said that "Lucifer was never the villain".

How cool would it be if the prophecy about the Apocalypsis and Lucifer's falls from Heaven wasn't actually planned? What if that was just Lucifer and the rest of the angels trying to justify their shitty behaviour not knowing that they did all that because of free will?.

Mindblown.gif

you need to go back and rewatch the series then. outside of charlie, the rest are awesome

...you take that back, Charlie was a goddess!

I want to see John Winchester one more time. Such a badass(Despite his flaws)

Yeah, last time we saw older John Winchester was, what, season 2(or was it 3?) finale when they killed yellow eyes?

tumblr_inline_o6o0s0ZYq81qf96bf_500.gif

Bring back Bobby

I don't want them to bring him back tbh. I like how they handled everything related to him.

We all know God's real favorite.

Castiel :p?

Maybe Gabriel knew Chuck was God and decided to copy him lol.

I can't wait to see the lovely and calm conversation between God and Dean

Dean: why didn't you do anything to help you dick son of a bitch

and then he punches God in the face.

Dean would, he gives zero fucks about how powerful a being is, he gave Death shit, although, he realized his mistake and apologized lol.

Amara is like Chuck. It is just easy for her to have a real name.
Yeah that's how I see it. I think even an Angel mentioned that his real name is too long and unpronounceable by humans.

xrnzaaas

Great episode. It's a shame that Chuck's return was confirmed some time ago and we all knew what that meant. I gotta stop reading tv shows sites. ;p

To me it is eerily close to "to love" in Latin. And while it's a bit conspiracy-esque, in my head it makes some sense. "God is love," after all. So maybe his sister would also be a form of love? But rather than the beautiful and creative side of love, it's the obsessive, vindictive, and destructive side of it. Which works for me. After all, it has been the love that Sam and Dean have for each other (and others) that has both saved the world and also brought it to the precipice time and again.

jstripes

Banned
I thought Metatron was moved because God decided to give humanity a second (third, fourth, fifth, etc?) chance.

A quick Google search says Amara is Latin for "beloved".

Also, Mara means "bitter" in some language I forget.

I encountered a fan who thought Sam saying he understands the whole thing of being accepted for who they are (in an exchange with the gay hunter couple in the last episode) was an example of queer baiting.

I swear to god if the fans start taking their ridiculous ships (Destiel) seriously I'm going to GTFO of this planet.

Holy fuck! Metatron has fucking balls the bigger than the size of VY Canis Majoris! Calling God a coward, TO HIS FACE! Honestly, this episode kinda reminded me the the movie Legion because
You have an Angel that is responsible for giving God hope again and getting to him save humanity.
I was starting to really dislike the direction they had God heading, with him being a jerk, super angry, anxious about what Metatron thought, annoyed, being a complete dick "You're not special..." shrugging off his sister and his entire creation and just being plain pitiful...however, that caused the transition to be even more powerful and have a bigger impact, when Chuck started singing and everything started becoming good again it hit really hard, so kudos to CW. I also like how they delayed showing the title, where he was like call me chuck then "Don't call me Shurley" the timing was excellent. Also Chuck talking about how he brought back Cas more times than he could count(I wonder if Cas died more than the three times we saw, also begs the question, did Amara end up killing Lucstiel, and God brought back Cas?

Edit: I didn't really see God as writing his own death scene in the paper. Surprised others saw it tbh, I still stand that God created Death(or maybe Armara did and she used him to destroy everything, and when she got locked up he got set free?). God seems to resent his sister, and for good reason I supposed, you try creating things only for someone else to destroy it...reminds me of the asshole griefers in Minecraft :(.

Edit edit:
NOW WE JUST NEED GABRIEL BACK
surprised no one mentioned that...ya'll are jerks!

God didn't create Death. Remember he said he was around long before god and will be around long after god and that one day he will reap god.

bachikarn

God didn't create Death. Remember he said he was around long before god and will be around long after god and that one day he will reap god.

They never said that. Death said neither of them remember who was there first. This episode seems to retcon that as God says it was just him and Amara for a very long time.

Death also seems to have been wrong about his prediction of reaping God since he is dead lol

I have a feeling Death is bluffing. Plus Death only said neither can remember who's older. There were also mentions in the recent episode about how it was just God and his sister.

Plus Death is currently dead, so hard for him to reap God :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom