• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural Season 11 |OT| No, seriously, it got awesome again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
That was how I interpreted it too. I saw it as tears of sheer joy. Earlier Metatron was going on about how much he had loved basking in God's light, I imagine the vibrations created by his singing must have had a similar effect on him.

He didn't look happy at all.

I still can't buy that Death is actually dead, such a bullshit way for him to go out, and no consequences at all. Nah he's just removed himself from the game cause he's tired of all that nonsense.

Hopefully he's Supernaturals version of Shenlog from DBZ time to revive some dead characters.

Do you mean Shenron? OR was it only Shenron in the dubbed?

Supernatural needs some huge reunion in Heaven. John & Mary Winchester husband and wife, Ellen & Jo, Ash, Rufus & Bobby, Charlie </3.

Maybe they'll get God to finally pull their half-brother outta the cage. I swear to Chuck if they don't use this opportunity to finally save their freaking brother...

impact

Banned
I still can't buy that Death is actually dead, such a bullshit way for him to go out, and no consequences at all. Nah he's just removed himself from the game cause he's tired of all that nonsense.

even worse the way he went out was like some Buffy season 1 vampire turning into dust bs

he's fucking DEATH!

They never said that. Death said neither of them remember who was there first. This episode seems to retcon that as God says it was just him and Amara for a very long time.

Death also seems to have been wrong about his prediction of reaping God since he is dead lol

He can't predict the future. He just knew God was capable of dying and knew that he would need reaping too.

Do you mean Shenron? OR was it only Shenron in the dubbed?

Supernatural needs some huge reunion in Heaven. John & Mary Winchester husband and wife, Ellen & Jo, Ash, Rufus & Bobby, Charlie </3.

Maybe they'll get God to finally pull their half-brother outta the cage. I swear to Chuck if they don't use this opportunity to finally save their freaking brother...

You are right I was on my phone when I thought of the DBZ comparision and failed to double check the spelling.

dabig2

I don't understand the Revolution reference: was the guy who plays Chuck on that show or something?

Well, Lucifer was on it (mark pellegrino). But as the others said, Eric Kripke created the show shortly after he quit being the showrunner for Supernatural.

Kevin

even worse the way he went out was like some Buffy season 1 vampire turning into dust bs

he's fucking DEATH!

It was said that the whole Death thing would be dealt with this season and implied that we would get answers and as of yet that hasn't happened. Is it possible they are saying the details for the season finale or something? Maybe a shocking reveal or something.

I am betting that the Death thing will eventually be brought back into the fold. They may purposely be holding onto this story arc for a bit down the road.

Also so far season 11 has been pretty fantastic. I can't think of much to complain about unless I start nitpicking. I'm really enjoying the show!

Averon

It was said that the whole Death thing would be dealt with this season and implied that we would get answers and as of yet that hasn't happened. Is it possible they are saying the details for the season finale or something? Maybe a shocking reveal or something.

I am betting that the Death thing will eventually be brought back into the fold. They may purposely be holding onto this story arc for a bit down the road.

Also so far season 11 has been pretty fantastic. I can't think of much to complain about unless I start nitpicking. I'm really enjoying the show!

My guess is that Death will make a grand reappearance and reap either God, Amara, or both.

KevinCow

Banned
I hate that this show reminded me about Revolution. Now I'm sad again. That show started weak, but it started getting way better in the second half of the first season, and the second season was really interesting. It was kinda like Gotham and Agents of SHIELD in that way. But then it got cancelled with so many unanswered questions.

I hate that this show reminded me about Revolution. Now I'm sad again. That show started weak, but it started getting way better in the second half of the first season, and the second season was really interesting. It was kinda like Gotham and Agents of SHIELD in that way. But then it got cancelled with so many unanswered questions.
I thought the second season was a lot weaker, actually. I totally understand why they had to go that way, but what I found most interesting was how society functioned without electricity. Also Rachel and Charlie were awful.

Magwik

Banned

I thought the second season was a lot weaker, actually. I totally understand why they had to go that way, but what I found most interesting was how society functioned without electricity. Also Rachel and Charlie were awful.
Oh yeah the second season was a Dumpster fire. I adored the first season. Bas and Miles carried that shit hard. S2 was just a lot of nothing and then it was all namomachines

Joni

The second season was written 'better', but lost its charm and went nowhere. Which made it a way worse show.

Party of the charm was also the mystery of Randall (not Vandal Savage). He was actually a great villain because he alone had electricity. But then he died, and we got that stupid fake America and nanomachines craziness.

Finalow

Chuck being god was the safe and also for a lot of people most predictable choice but they still managed to deliver a great episode. at this point this season is definitely up there with S5

Chuck being god was the safe and also for a lot of people most predictable choice but they still managed to deliver a great episode. at this point this season is definitely up there with S5
They can still shit the bed. It can still happen.

I know I keep saying that, but I am trying to temper my expectations. I don't want to get too crazy hyped then have the show come along and take my out at the knees. Just keep the expectations in check, because it makes the highs seem that much higher. Much like this week. I was not expecting something on that level, and that made it even more of a surprise.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Do we know when exactly did Dean get that amulet and where? or did God teleported it to him?

I was wondering this too, it seemed like it was implied that Sam kept it after dean and cas chucked it in season 5, since it was in sam's pocket. Sam also has a thing for actually praying so that makes sense.

However since Bobby gave it to kid sam who gave it to kid dean instead of their dad maybe ghost bobby slipped it in at some point.

Or of course god kept it and warped it to them.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Chuck had the amulet with him in the bar when he showed it to Metatron, when he turned it back "on", so yeah I think Chuck teleported it into Sam's pocket when he came down to save the town.

I've watched this ep three times now, I think it's my favorite of S11 so far. I absolutely love the dialogue between Chuck and Metatron, which by the way, Metatron was awesome in this ep. And man that ending, the last ten minutes of this one still gives me feels. I'm REALLY looking forward to this weeks episode. Finallly!!!!

Do we know when exactly did Dean get that amulet and where? or did God teleported it to him?

I was wondering this too, it seemed like it was implied that Sam kept it after dean and cas chucked it in season 5, since it was in sam's pocket. Sam also has a thing for actually praying so that makes sense.

However since Bobby gave it to kid sam who gave it to kid dean instead of their dad maybe ghost bobby slipped it in at some point.

Or of course god kept it and warped it to them.

Dean drops it in the waste basket in the episode where Joshua tells him that God is not interested in stopping the Apocalypse. This is because the amulet is supposed to help them find God per Castiel.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Dean drops it in the waste basket in the episode where Joshua tells him that God is not interested in stopping the Apocalypse. This is because the amulet is supposed to help them find God per Castiel.

Yeah exactly, I figured it isn't unlikely that am fished it out off screen since he is really hopeful about god stuff. And he just kept it in his pocket forever, but it is equally possible that god just or it there as he saved them.

Yeah exactly, I figured it isn't unlikely that am fished it out off screen since he is really hopeful about god stuff. And he just kept it in his pocket forever, but it is equally possible that god just or it there as he saved them.
If that were the case, it wouldn't really explain Chuck's, "You wouldn't believe what this has been through," line, nor would it explain Sam's surprise in finding it in his pocket (although that I guess could be attributed to him seeing it glowing).

If that were the case, it wouldn't really explain Chuck's, "You wouldn't believe what this has been through," line, nor would it explain Sam's surprise in finding it in his pocket (although that I guess could be attributed to him seeing it glowing).

It's really powerful. So, being in a waste basket is a "You won't believe where it's been moment" for Chuck/God.

Really nice to see them coming back to some of these past things this year.

They were like, JUST in the cage messing around and we didn't see Adam. I don't think he's coming back.

That wasn't the cage. They warded a cage and summoned Lucifer from his cage into that cage. It's the same reason we didn't see Michael.

The real cage is suspended in the deepest part of hell, so it'd be hard to reach :p

I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around how fantastic this season is, after S10 almost made me give up on the show.
Can't wait to see where this is going.

FZZ

Banned
They can still shit the bed. It can still happen.

I know I keep saying that, but I am trying to temper my expectations. I don't want to get too crazy hyped then have the show come along and take my out at the knees. Just keep the expectations in check, because it makes the highs seem that much higher. Much like this week. I was not expecting something on that level, and that made it even more of a surprise.

We literally got two of the best written episodes in the entire series this season

I won't even care if they fuck up the next two episodes and bring the leviathans back lmao it already topped Season 5

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
We literally got two of the best written episodes in the entire series this season

I won't even care if they fuck up the next two episodes and bring the leviathans back lmao it already topped Season 5

If they do, you got more Ls to hold!

OnPoint

That wasn't the cage. They warded a cage and summoned Lucifer from his cage into that cage. It's the same reason we didn't see Michael.

The real cage is suspended in the deepest part of hell, so it'd be hard to reach :p

I guess I didn't pay as much attention to that as I thought. Carry on.

...my wayward son.

Gonna join the choir, loving this season
There'll be peave when you are done

I honestly didn't really like the exchange between God and Metatron at the beginning and I was really worried. I didn't like how they had Chuck being an arrogant, petty, cunt. But they fixed it so well and everything was good.

Rob is live on Facebook right now

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I honestly didn't really like the exchange between God and Metatron at the beginning and I was really worried. I didn't like how they had Chuck being an arrogant, petty, cunt. But they fixed it so well and everything was good.

Have you ever read the Old Testament? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom