• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural Season 11 |OT| No, seriously, it got awesome again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
can someone summarize the episode?

I missed it.

giphy.gif

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Wow. Just wow. That episode was exactly what I've been waiting for, for a very long time. That was superb. It might even be better than what I wanted. I even love the way it ended, that was damn beautiful. I think I was almost shedding a tear.

I don't know guys, but I think I like S11 more than S5. And I can't believe I'm saying that seriously.....

Wow. Just wow. That episode was exactly what I've been waiting for, for a very long time. That was superb. It might even be better than what I wanted.

I don't know guys, but I think I like S11 more than S5. And I can't believe I'm saying that seriously.....

It isn't over yet. They can still shit the bed. I doubt that they will, but there is still that chance they might.

But, if they stick the landing, this might be the GOAT season.

EDIT: We need another thread title change I think. I dunno to what exactly, but an episode like that deserves some more attention.

george_us

Wow. Just wow. That episode was exactly what I've been waiting for, for a very long time. That was superb. It might even be better than what I wanted. I even love the way it ended, that was damn beautiful. I think I was almost shedding a tear.

It'll be in the running that's for sure. I think S11 has lower lows than S5 but this most recent episode is better than anything in S5, even Swan Song. If they can nail these last couple of episodes then I'll have to give it to S11.

It isn't over yet. They can still shit the bed. I doubt that they will, but there is still that chance they might.

But, if they stick the landing, this might be the GOAT season.

EDIT: We need another thread title change I think. I dunno to what exactly, but an episode like that deserves some more attention.

Supernatural Season 11 lOTl Supernatural got so good again that it made me believe in God again

ccbfan

Wow.

The angry God and metatron conversation might top dean and death in Chicago as my favorite scene in supernatural.

Also as absurd as this sounds, God is going to die. Death will reap him. Whether it's before or after amara is another question.

ZeroCDR

After waiting this long, I honestly thought if they ever actually got around to doing a God episode, there was no way they could remotely satisfy my expectations.

This episode was incredible!

What an episode. I've never been a big fan of the idea of Chuck as God, but dammit, they made it work and I think a lot of that has to do with them using conversations with Metatron to do it. Just really powerful stuff. The final sequence in particular might be the most emotional moments of the show since Bobby died.

So the way Metatron reacted to those last couple pages... God is definitely biting it this season, right? I'm guessing he sacrifices himself to take out Amara for good.

What an episode. I've never been a big fan of the idea of Chuck as God, but dammit, they made it work and I think a lot of that has to do with them using conversations with Metatron to do it. Just really powerful stuff. The final sequence in particular might be the most emotional moments of the show since Bobby died.

So the way Metatron reacted to those last couple pages... God is definitely biting it this season, right? I'm guessing he sacrifices himself to take out Amara for good.

Or Amara kills God and everyone is fucked.

KevinCow

Banned
Huh.

When Chuck disappeared way back in the S5 finale, I remember wondering if the implication was supposed to be that he was God. But as time passed, I started to think that I was probably crazy, probably remembering it wrong, that there was no real reason to think that.

And then... well, this episode happened.

Interesting.

Edit: Also this episode inspired me to go look some stuff up about past episodes on the Supernatural Wiki and I've realized that I remember absolutely jack shit about most of this show's run.

This season has been really good, but this might be one of my favorite episodes in its entire run.

That was just on another level from what I've expected of the show for years.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
all i asked for was confirmation. and although they really went to a roundabout way of explaining things, we have somewhere to go from here. kinda fucked that god wouldnt take responsibility for his own fuck ups though. curious to see where they are gonna go from this.

also. i didnt know that there was a theory that charlie was god.

all i asked for was confirmation. and although they really went to a roundabout way of explaining things, we have somewhere to go from here. kinda fucked that god wouldnt take responsibility for his own fuck ups though. curious to see where they are gonna go from this.

also. i didnt know that there was a theory that charlie was god.

First off, I loved that God wasn't taking responsibility for fuck ups. It just made the situation that much more fucked up.

And second, where the hell is the Charlie was God theory? I never saw that one.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Really great episode after last week's filler. Curious how this whole thing is going to end up/set up for the next season.

DrAg0nBoY

Damn that song at the end and Metatrons reaction to the last pages of the autobiography. That looks like that God/Chuck is gonna bite the dust in the end :/.

Well I do hope not, because I like Chuck.

Parallax

First off, I loved that God wasn't taking responsibility for fuck ups. It just made the situation that much more fucked up.

And second, where the hell is the Charlie was God theory? I never saw that one.

i intentionally skipped over charlie episodes, but /tv/ seems to be cheering that charlie fans got owned. im not gonna delve any farther into the supernatural fandom than that

Damn that song at the end and Metatrons reaction to the last pages of the autobiography. That looks like that God/Chuck is gonna bite the dust in the end :/.

It's going to happen.

Next season could have real tension if he does. No more continues for Sam and Dean.

It's going to happen.

Next season could have real tension if he does. No more continues for Sam and Dean.
Yeah. If God buys it and with Death gone, the brothers are on their last lives with no real backup.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Oh my god it really feels like this is the episode we've been waiting for for the past 5 years.

That was actually incredible.

God is definitely toast at the end of this.

This kinda makes me wish the series was coming to a close so it could end on this magnificent high note. Anything after this is just gonna feel weird.

I have a feeling God will die.

And if that happens I would love Death to be there even though he is thought to be dead because of Dean..... it would just tie back into season 5 when he said he would eventually reap God.

DeathyBoy

Banned

And if that happens I would love Death to be there even though he is thought to be dead because of Dean..... it would just tie back into season 5 when he said he would eventually reap God.

CASTIEL: You got what you asked for, Dean. No paradise. No hell. Just more of the same. I mean it, Dean. What would you rather have? Peace or freedom?
[/QUOTE]

Full circle, y'all.

Great now i have to put Don't Call me Shurley up next to Star Wars Rebels Twilight of the Apprentice as the best hour of television i've watched this year.

Joni

Oh hell, that Revolution burn.
Episode also seemed to be switching between God is the next villain and God will die this year.

Bishop89

hot fucking damn...

Havnt seen the episode as we get it a week later in Aus, but thats so fucking awesome, chuck, god.

In hindsight its not that big of a surprise, but just happy they finally revealed it.

Wilsongt

Between the return of Person of Interest last night and then this episode, that is two nights in a row I have been thoroughly blown away by some shows.

I must be the only one who came out feeling "eh, was alright". I dunno. It was all well done and everything, I just couldn't... I dunno, wasn't invested in it at all.

Of course apparently I was also the only one who thought that talking animal episode was putrid, because all I saw online was people gushing about it.

Oh My God
Sorry

Awesome Episode.

Chuck played it perfectly. And that ending was awesome.

Love it. A series that keeps delivering in it's 11th season. Thank You Eric Kripke.

And the call back to the Amulet. Amazing.

TimFL

I must be the only one who came out feeling "eh, was alright". I dunno. It was all well done and everything, I just couldn't... I dunno, wasn't invested in it at all.

Of course apparently I was also the only one who thought that talking animal episode was putrid, because all I saw online was people gushing about it.

Maybe it's due to the fact that they finally showed God for real. That's a turning point in the series, 11 seasons with the famous guy hiding and now he's there revealing himself. This either breaks or makes the season/show.

I'm afraid they'll ruin it with killing God by the end of the season.

Chuck being God is anticlimactic because I already took that as certainty a long time ago.

I like the idea that Death faked his own demise so that the Winchesters would stop dragging him into everything.

So was Chuck writing about the future or writing the future with his books?

The implication was that he was writing the future.

I didn't think they could make me care about Metatron after the shit he's pulled.

Dude is going to bat for humanity though. A bit of redemption right there. Oh, he's trying to save his own skin and finally gets his chance to confront dear ol' Daddy, but hey, at least he's trying.

He always seemed to like humanity and was extremely familiar with them given his love for stories.

He always seemed to like humanity and was extremely familiar with them given his love for stories.

I think Metatron explicitly stated before that he preferred humanity to angels? Atleast that's always the impression he gave of, that humans were so...what's the word...not random but...that they were unpredictable unlike angels IIRC.

So Metatron being in the dumps and finally confronting God, and this all comes out, yeah I feel that he was legitimately batting for humanity and not just bullshitting.

The song he sings at the end mentions a farewell and talks about how you'll call his name and he won't be there. I think the implication is that God will sacrifice himself in some way.

If not a death then something like it to the point that he won't be around anymore.

It could have been sung mockingly. I mean, he was never there to begin with during the Winchester Saga, and there's no point in starting now?

farmerboy

On paper I would have thought that this ep wouldn't work.

But it did. It really did.

The acting and exchange between Metatron and God was fantastic.

And I don't know how it managed to do so, but the feels man, the feels.

Parallax

I think Metatron explicitly stated before that he preferred humanity to angels? Atleast that's always the impression he gave of, that humans were so...what's the word...not random but...that they were unpredictable unlike angels IIRC.

So Metatron being in the dumps and finally confronting God, and this all comes out, yeah I feel that he was legitimately batting for humanity and not just bullshitting.

a lot of beings seem to favor humanity over other creatures for some reason or another. dick roman favored humans over demons.

tirminyl

The song he sings at the end mentions a farewell and talks about how you'll call his name and he won't be there. I think the implication is that God will sacrifice himself in some way.

If not a death then something like it to the point that he won't be around anymore.

It has to be his death otherwise who cares? He's been MIA for over 2 thousand years. Him disappearing again won't mean anything.

Also, amazing episode. Amazing. I loved it.

silva1991

Holy shit what an episode

I was like fuck this shit another filler? it took me forever to realize it was a main episode

3o85xDZ2YNa71C2yv6.gif

how many years has t been? when was the first time angels appeared in the show? because I have been waiting since that day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom