• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural Season 12 |OT| Mama, I'm Coming Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, moving the goalposts to "midseason at best" is a bit unfair. That would be episode 9 out of a 22 episode season. You went from "we don't know if they'll open it back up" to "we probably won't see it until the end of the season" to "well, maybe 9 episodes in." :p

That being said, we have tentative episode titles up until the mid season finale and episode 7 is called
"War of the Worlds"
and episode 9 is
"The Bad Place."

The full list of episode titles:

Episode 1: "Lost and Found"
Episode 2: "The Rising Sun"
Episode 3: "Patience" - This is the episode that introduces Missouri Moseley's granddaughter, Patience, for the Wayward Sisters spin-off.
Episode 4:
"The Big Empty"
- Potential big spoiler but I'm pretty excited as this has been teased for a while.
Episode 5: "Advanced Thanatology" - Thanatology is the study of death so I'm hoping this means we'll be seeing a certain character make a comeback.
Episode 6: "Tombstone"
Episode 7:
"War of the Worlds"
Episode 8: "The Scorpion and the Frog" - Hm...
Episode 9:
"The Bad Place"

those episode titles are good

Hints of
Death coming back
too? Tombstone, Thanalogy, Lost and Found...

10 was like cleaning house. Debris and garbage were strewn all about, but it got the house clean for 11.

12 was then realizing how much extra space you had and buying more shit to fill it up.

Death's Door
The kitsune episode

Fuck Fan Fiction. It was an infinitely inferior version of Ember Island Players from Last Airbender. Literally nothing about it was good.

tumblr_newqex3AyH1rvvqfko1_400.gif

EDIT: I will admit that I remember more individual episodes from 7 than I do from 10. But taken as a whole, 10 was at least consistent in its mediocrity. 7 had some good episodes, but a lot of shit that just dragged it down to the depths.

I legitimately believe that it was the writers making yet another meta episode in an attempt to go "look at how self-aware we are. Forget all the bad and sheer disappointment resulting from undercooked storylines and undelivered promises. Forget the bad retcons and episodes entirely. We lampshaded them! See how funny we are by acknowledging how repetitive the show is at this point? Hey we remembered Adam! That's cool right? Oh and Chuck is God!"

Poking fun at yourself only works if there is actually something there worth ignoring the bad stuff.

And I would rather take a largely inconsistent season with noticeable highs and lows as opposed to a constant stream of mediocrity. At least one of them took risks and actually had memorability. S10 had the first ghost episode that I didn't enjoy. SPN's bread and butter are the ghost episodes, and S10 fucked it up.

Fan Fiction was a deliberately meta episode. It was their 200th episode, and they were making something as a thank you to the fans. I appreciated that it was both a thank you to them and mocking them at the same time.

Kevin

Wow Imaginary friend episode in S11 might be one of my favorites.

It's funny because I expected that episode to be crap and it ended up being one of my favorite episodes in some time. Season 11 was all around great so you're in for a treat. There is some stuff coming up that gave me legit chills because it was that good. Season 12 was solid but not as great. Still it wasn't bad and there wasn't a whole lot I hated but didn't have some of the great episodes that 11 had. That being said, there is a great Tarantino styled episode in season 12 that is amazing from beginning to end.

It's funny because I expected that episode to be crap and it ended up being one of my favorite episodes in some time. Season 11 was all around great so you're in for a treat. There is some stuff coming up that gave me legit chills because it was that good. Season 12 was solid but not as great. Still it wasn't bad and there wasn't a whole lot I hated but didn't have some of the great episodes that 11 had. That being said, there is a great Tarantino styled episode in season 12 that is amazing from beginning to end.

Thanks

So why is the whole Wayward Sisters thing taking so long?
Feels like Supernatural has been setting it up forever already and I just got to the S11 episode which felt like the backdoor pilot already and yet apparently there will be another 10 episodes into S13.

Feels like Supernatural has been setting it up forever already and I just got to the S11 episode which felt like the backdoor pilot already and yet apparently there will be another 10 episodes into S13.
Because they took multiple seasons to realize they missed the boat on a Men of Letters spin off.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Because they took multiple seasons to realize they missed the boat on a Men of Letters spin off.

Wayward Sisters was probably the most obvious spin-off though. They already had characters and a setting in place, all they're really doing is adding one more character.

Kinda wish they could bring Bobby along though.

Wayward Sisters was probably the most obvious spin-off though. They already had characters and a setting in place, all they're really doing is adding one more character.

Kinda wish they could bring Bobby along though.

Ghost Bobby. Mills gotta have a love interest somehow.

ZeoVGM

Banned
If there's an opinion that I didn't think was possible, I'll eventually find it on GAF.

"Fan Fiction" is a 100% perfect episode, one of the best in the entire series and if you think there's "literally nothing good" in it, your heart is black and cold.

Bring his ass back to life. He deserves a happy ending.

Angel Bobby. He will coincidentally take over the vessel of Jim Beaver. That way we get Bobby back, but also make it meta by having Jim Beaver technically play himself and his character at the same time.

Yes, this is a stupid ass pull. But Jim Beaver is too cool to not get back somehow.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Angel Bobby. He will coincidentally take over the vessel of Jim Beaver. That way we get Bobby back, but also make it meta by having Jim Beaver technically play himself and his character at the same time.

Yes, this is a stupid ass pull. But Jim Beaver is too cool to not get back somehow.

I am perfectly fine with this.

Media

Still should have been Wayward Daughters. You had one job!!!!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
At least season 11 gave us a glimpse as to what a Bobby/Rufus show woulda been like.

And it's everything we could have ever wanted.

This show could have had like 3 spin-offs and a MCU shared universe thing going on if the network was smarter about spotting potential shows.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I'm on my i guess at this point yearly rewatch of this show (just because it's become my main stay background noise while I do other stuff) and season 3 really might be the peak of the show creatively. The over arching story line is incredible and it's got some of the all time best written episodes. It also struck that perfect middle ground between the original aspects of the show, the investigation paranormal detective thing, the urban legends and the over arching demon stuff.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm on my i guess at this point yearly rewatch of this show (just because it's become my main stay background noise while I do other stuff) and season 3 really might be the peak of the show creatively. The over arching story line is incredible and it's got some of the all time best written episodes. It also struck that perfect middle ground between the original aspects of the show, the investigation paranormal detective thing, the urban legends and the over arching demon stuff.

It's funny because most people tend to complain about season 3 spinning it's wheels too much.

S2-5 is just plain peak television. S3 is certainly my favorite. Gordon's revenge, the seven deadly sins, the hell house, and so much other great stuff.

Man the whole end on S11 was incredible,
I didn't agree with people feeling Supernatural should have ended with the end of S5 but I definitely felt it with 11.

Even Metatron who had long worn out his welcome was great.

Edit: This arrested with the President thing might be the worst thing in the entire series.

Wait people hated Fan Fiction? Isorta enjoyed it. I liked them mocking their own inconsistencies and forgetfulness. The singing was pretty great too. What I do hate about it is that they acknowledged Adam is still in the cage and yet the brothers do FUCK ALL! Like shit, the angels were right he can't trust the fuckers.

At least it for the fact that S6 onward is like some terrible fanfic lol.

I enjoyed Fan Fiction for what it was. It was just a giant thank you Letter/episode to the fans with a lot of references and fan service in it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Wait people hated Fan Fiction? Isorta enjoyed it. I liked them mocking their own inconsistencies and forgetfulness. The singing was pretty great too. What I do hate about it is that they acknowledged Adam is still in the cage and yet the brothers do FUCK ALL! Like shit, the angels were right he can't trust the fuckers.

At least it for the fact that S6 onward is like some terrible fanfic lol.

What they gonna do for Adam though? It took Death to get Sam all the way out without risking Lucifer or Michael escaping.

Well, it is probably less bad if Michael escapes.

Yeh, from what I remember he's just in the corner sobbing uncontrollably.

What they gonna do for Adam though? It took Death to get Sam all the way out without risking Lucifer or Michael escaping.
They literally could have had God do it. The cage was not meant for humans, Adam sure as hell did not deserve that. He could easily pluck Adam out. Speaking of which why the fuck didn't he pull Michael out? He makes up with Lucifer but neglects Michael, the loyal son? Also Lucifer is free right now so the worst that would happen if something goes wrong is that Michael escapes. He might be pissed at God for leaving him in there and joins up with Lucifer...would be interesting heh.
I enjoyed Fan Fiction for what it was. It was just a giant thank you Letter/episode to the fans with a lot of references and fan service in it.
Yeh at least we know they're listening. They just don't care :(

I think the danger is having both Lucifer and Michael out because they can enact Armageddon.

Of course, it should be as simple as God telling Mike not to do it, and that would be that, since he'd listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom