• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Surfer girl nonsense, resistance and killzone fans go away please

Borys said:
Crysis on PS360?

:lol

LINK OR DIE Surfer Girl
Didn't EA or Crytek say quite a while ago that a console specific Crysis was going to happen, though? Obviously it isn't going to be the exact same game as the PC version (which they also said I think) for apparent reasons, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did ports à la Far Cry.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Stumpokapow said:
Multiple independent people on GAF have confirmed a lot of the past-tense or descriptive stuff. The Prince of Persia shot is pretty widely considered to be real. The other blog from the same person is obviously real and has access to a lot of internal stuff the like of which even people like Frank Cifaldi (ex-Gamasutra, the Lost Levels) have been impressed. The guy on here who posted the Project HAMMER screens said Surfer Girl was involved in getting them.

Whether or not each individual thing is true, this is obviously not just some raving nutso like RumorReporter.com.

Everything she has gotten right had already been known. Gaming Target specifically goes over some of them: http://www.gamingtarget.com/article.php?artid=7879

The closest she has ever been to being "real" is the canceled game screenshots she has posted, none of which have been proven real.

Doc Evils

There no way in hell the console versions would even look remotely close to high settings on the PC .

Game would be beyond gimped.

FiRez

Doc Evils said:
There no way in hell the console versions would even look remotely close to high settings on the PC .

Game would be beyond gimped.

If gimped means a port like FarCry for xbox, I can live with that

DuckRacer

http://softrockhallelujah.blogspot.com/2007/12/december-fourth-things.html

December fourth things.

1) Wolfenstein is coming late summer/early next fall for PS360 and PC.
2) Treyarch is currently working three titles that will see release next fall, Spider-Man: Red vs. Black "featuring an original plotline chronicling one of the comic world's greatest rivalries," Call of Duty 5 "a historical shooter that introduces many innovative ideas never-before-seen in the series that will excite fans," and James Bond 007 (working title) "an explosive action game with a strong online component that lives up to the legacy of the greatest action character of all-time" that will be the first of annual releases.
3) Plans for a PS3-exclusive Far Cry title has been trashed in favor of Far Cry 2 for next-gen consoles.
4) Heavy Iron is working on WALL•E for PSWii60, DSP and PS2.

YYZ

So is COD5 going to fall into the tradition of the odd numbered ones not being that great?

adg1034

Duck said:

The WALL•E thing could have been assumed already, since Heavy Iron's done the past few Pixar games. The Spidey game's the only one of the Treyarch bunch that has something as specific as a title tied to it. The only problem with that one is that "You know, names change during development." I still believe that Surfer Girl is for real, but we need something bigger than "Guess who's making the next Pixar game?"

Draft

Unless the next Wolfenstein involves a final boss with some portion of Hitler's body in a jar, then just forget it.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Penguin said:
So what is Red vs Black about then?
Though could probably take a guess which would be way off.

I can tell ya I also know all of those things to be true, so I can confirm those bullets anyway.
Though Activision and Ubi are easy ;)

John Harker said:
I can tell ya I also know all of those things to be true, so I can confirm those bullets anyway.
Though Activision and Ubi are easy ;)
Very easy.

The majority of either companies big games are fairly easy to guess.

Call of Duty, Tom Clancy, Spider-Man, Tony Hawk, Prince of Persia.

Lather, rinse, and repeat... as needed.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Thunder Monkey said:
Very easy.

The majority of either companies big games are fairly easy to guess.

Call of Duty, Tom Clancy, Spider-Man, Tony Hawk, Prince of Persia.

Lather, rinse, and repeat... as needed.

Well, I don't mean guess. I just mean that those two pubs in particular have some of the loosest lips that I work with :lol

TheWolf

Banned
i was kinda hoping they would make another Ultimate Spider-Man game. the presentation and graphics in the first were great, and would look awesome in HD.

John Harker said:
Well, I don't mean guess. I just mean that those two pubs in particular have some of the loosest lips that I work with :lol
Haha.

Regardless it seems that bleak with them sometimes. They both can do good work, but more often then not I end up disappointed in what could have been.

Penguin

Thunder Monkey said:
Spider-Man versus Venom.

That was my assumption.
Especially since there isn't a new movie coming out.

Though wish they had Ultimate Spiderman 2.
I liked the first.

~Edit~
To John Harker

Curious if you would be down for a NYC GAF meet-up the weekend of the 15th. Want to do one before the new year.

Zen

Banned
Honestly if Treyarch was given the time to make a good Spider-man game I'm pretty sure they could, but it seems like they have to crap 1 out every year.

numble

grandjedi6 said:
Do we need any more proof now that the majority of surfer girl's rumors are either unproven or baseless claims?

surfer girl said:
2) Treyarch is currently working three titles that will see release next fall, Spider-Man: Red vs. Black "featuring an original plotline chronicling one of the comic world's greatest rivalries," Call of Duty 5 "a historical shooter that introduces many innovative ideas never-before-seen in the series that will excite fans," and James Bond 007 (working title) "an explosive action game with a strong online component that lives up to the legacy of the greatest action character of all-time" that will be the first of annual releases.

John Harker said:

Zen

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
Maybe she'll get out of it by claiming she meant Earthbound on VC.

It's not like she remotely infered that it would be a new entry. THere's nothign for her to 'get out of' in this case.

It's funny how many people want her to be some sort of fraud.

numble

Zen said:
It's not like she remotely infered that it would be a new entry. THere's nothign for her to 'get out of' in this case.

From the comments on surfer girl's post:

Anonymous said...

The Mother title is not a new one, correct?

surfer girl said...

anonymous: Correct. Although, there is a fairly good chance that it could be one that has not seen stateside release.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I've never really paid attention to Surfer Girl, but she has Mother-related information. Therefore, she is relevant to my interests.

This information had better be right, though, or I will be greatly displeased.

Jiggy

Zen said:

It's funny how many people want her to be some sort of fraud.
I don't know, the wording of the guy's question suggests a new game to me--but perhaps I'm reading too much into it.

Incidentally, if I wanted anything it would be that she's not a fraud, because that would mean that through reading her I have better access to inside info than I even know. I'm certainly skeptical, though.

FLEABttn

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
Do we need any more proof now that the majority of surfer girl's rumors are either unproven or baseless claims?

Her Diablo 3 info was spot on correct.

Yes, I would know.

theBishop

Banned
Draft said:
Unless the next Wolfenstein involves a final boss with some portion of Hitler's body in a jar, then just forget it.

They need to bring back the KillCam.

"Let's See That Again!" ... man, my dad never should've let me play that game...:lol

Kittonwy

Banned
Duck said:

Holy shit so Treyarch is going to ruin three fucking franchises with mediocre titles instead of one?
Indifferent2.gif

Borys

Banned
December fourth things.

1) Wolfenstein is coming late summer/early next fall for PS360 and PC.
3) Plans for a PS3-exclusive Far Cry title has been trashed in favor of Far Cry 2 for next-gen consoles.
4) Heavy Iron is working on WALL•E for PSWii60, DSP and PS2.

Amazing how (s)he leaks the CoD5 info right after Activision Blizzard admitted that they are working on it.

Not earlier, before the fact but after.

(S)he is full of shit and I don't understand why you believe this crap.

FLEABttn said:
Her Diablo 3 info was spot on correct.

What Diablo 3 info?

[Nintex]

Mother DS/Wii?, she'd better find a shelter when the game isn't released or shown next year. There's one rule when it comes to rumors and speculation, never talk about Mother.
Below I discuss some fo the probable future acquisitions of the industry:
Infogrames & Atari - Take-Two or Ubisoft
Darkworks - Ubisoft
Midway becomes subsidiary of Viacom
Quantic Dream - Sony
Codemasters - SCi or Warner Bros.
SCi - Warner Bros.
Epic Games - Microsoft or Midway or something that starts with a M
(S)he's full of shit, untill the Mother rumor turns out to be true.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Rumors are that Surfer Girl is not one person, but a group of people.

Borys

Banned
numble said:
The one in her Activision Blizzard post. FLEABttn would know.

This thing?

In other news, Doug Morris, a member of Activision Blizzard's board of directors, has announced that "[his] company" will sue YouTube and MySpace for some reason related to piracy or something. Also, all titles released by the company feature orcs, aliens, and demons (although, that story-based music game from Activision I heard about had all of those already).

In case you don't know, Diablo III was supposed to be released in 2006 or 2007 and that was delayed until 2009 to concentrate on games featuring something+craft in their titles. With that and the Warcraft title to capitalize on the Warcraft movie, 2009 will probably be Blizzard's most prolific year ever. Maybe Blizzard's development process will start to make a bit of sense and be efficient now, but I doubt that.

The last time Activision published a new IP that did not get a future port, sequel, or expansion was 2003 with Wakeboarding Unleashed, Blizzard has never published a new IP that did not get a port, sequel, or expansion pack.

Either (s)he really knows something or (s)he is full of shit.

What's with the hate towards Blizzard?

Penguin said:
So what is Red vs Black about then?
Though could probably take a guess which would be way off.

Surfer Girl said:
2) Treyarch is currently working three titles that will see release next fall, Spider-Man: Red vs. Black "featuring an original plotline chronicling one of the comic world's greatest rivalries,"

Red, Black, Rivals. Doesn't sound like Spider-Man Vs. Venom to me. Saying they were rivals suggests they had the same agendas and ideals. Saying that though, one combo that does fit is Venom Vs. Carnage, and THAT would make for a tasty game!

Monkeylord said:
Red, Black, Rivals. Doesn't sound like Spider-Man Vs. Venom to me. Saying they were rivals suggests they had the same agendas and ideals. Saying that though, one combo that does fit is Venom Vs. Carnage, and THAT would make for a tasty game!
Hell yeah.

Rlan

Uhh, wasn't Ultimate Spider-Man on Xbox/GC/PS2 essentially Spidey Vs. Venom? You could play as both with different abilities. Game was good too.

They just need to figure out some better shit to do with your time in the game.

1) What American publishers have titles that support the Wii Balance Board coming out next year?
EA, Disney, Activision, Majesco, and one that starts with a T(ake2).
2) What did you think of the Duke Nukem Forever teaser?
Unimpressive. Should have been cut to Wall of Voodoo's cover of "Ring of Fire." It would slightly more impressive if that occurred. But as a female, sexism is about as appealing to me as George Broussard's hairstyle. But that is all irrelevant if 3D Realms employees are having fun working on a game that will sell far too many copies.
3) Will there be a Freedom Fighters 2?
IO is considering doing this, but demand will decide the outcome.
4) Mass Effect ain't the only epic space game that EA has up its sleeve. (Dead Space amirite?)
5) Where it the new Road Rash?
That next-gen Road Rash EA UK was working on was canceled awhile ago.

Third parties go directly to Wii balance board, do not pass hardcore gamers, do however collect literally hundreds of dollars.

Pachimari

Well.. she is right about the IO one. They haven't decided 100% yet but they are working on three titles right now, with one of them being Manhit 5.
Exciting to see if she will leak info about some upcoming games in 2008 that hasn't been announced yet that I (and industry insiders) know of. I hope she will keep tight about it in respect to the developers.

Borys

Banned
Visualante said:
1) What American publishers have titles that support the Wii Balance Board coming out next year?
EA, Disney, Activision, Majesco, and one that starts with a T(ake2).
2) What did you think of the Duke Nukem Forever teaser?
Unimpressive. Should have been cut to Wall of Voodoo's cover of "Ring of Fire." It would slightly more impressive if that occurred. But as a female, sexism is about as appealing to me as George Broussard's hairstyle. But that is all irrelevant if 3D Realms employees are having fun working on a game that will sell far too many copies.
3) Will there be a Freedom Fighters 2?
IO is considering doing this, but demand will decide the outcome.
4) Mass Effect ain't the only epic space game that EA has up its sleeve. (Dead Space amirite?)
5) Where it the new Road Rash?
That next-gen Road Rash EA UK was working on was canceled awhile ago.

Third parties go directly to Wii balance board, do not pass hardcore gamers, do however collect literally hundreds of dollars.

Bunch of useless, "whatif" or known already crap.

Why do we keep her blog alive?

Top Bottom