• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Surfer girl nonsense, resistance and killzone fans go away please

Anastacio said:
Well.. she is right about the IO one. They haven't decided 100% yet but they are working on three titles right now, with one of them being Manhit 5.
Exciting to see if she will leak info about some upcoming games in 2008 that hasn't been announced yet that I (and industry insiders) know of. I hope she will keep tight about it in respect to the developers.

what systems for?

Anastacio said:
Well.. she is right about the IO one. They haven't decided 100% yet but they are working on three titles right now, with one of them being Manhit 5.

......K&L2? As well as Manhit 5?!

Day one, both games if K&L2 is definitely coming.

Pachimari

nelsonroyale said:
what systems for?
I honestly don't know which platforms the IO Interactive games will hit but it is offical that they are working on three titles as said in a danish gaming show. The other projects I obviously won't talk about but all I'm saying is, she could be right about some of her leaks. Even I could give you leaks but I won't because of two reasons: people will mark me as a full-blown liar and in respect to companies and friends.

Why are people so upset with this blog? Seems cool to me, it's not hardcore inside information, but there's always something in there that we haven't known yet, or hasn't been said.

Borys

Banned
Anastacio said:
Because she obviously have her contacts in place ;-)

Seems you know something so answer me this:

will PC be a viable platform for some of those "secret, unnanounced" titles you know of?

Short yes or no will suffice.

Pachimari

Borys said:
Seems you know something so answer me this:

will PC be a viable platform for some of those "secret, unnanounced" titles you know of?

Short yes or no will suffice.
If I don't answer you then you won't believe me, if I answer you then no more information will come my way - I choose the first option. Not to sound harsh but I hope but don't expect you to understand me. This thread is not about me, it's about surfergirls leaks and me just saying she could be right about some of her stuff. =)

Borys

Banned
Anastacio said:
If I don't answer you then you won't believe me, if I answer you then no more information will come my way - I choose the first option. Not to sound harsh but I hope but don't expect you to understand me. This thread is not about me, it's about surfergirls leaks and me just saying she could be right about some of her stuff. =)

Ok, I get it :(

PC gaming is dying in 2008 :(

I hope not!

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
Borys said:

I hope not!

Dude, check out that one PC gaming thread! Some dude posted all these awesome point and clicks that I want to play and if there was something that was going to convince me to upgrade to at least a 1,000 dollar machine, it was that thread. I still haven't seen enough of anything for me to get a Ps3 yet for $500.

maxmars

Borys said:

LOL no, the best sim ever is poised to grace this planet next year so let's get that funeral out of the calendar pronto. Next year is also when I will craft myself a brand new PC, something that did not happen in, like, four years, and I have big plans. Soviet era plane gauges as noise indicators, plane parts in place of the case.. A million 360s will melt the very moment it will come to life (which means business as usual).

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Borys said:
Either (s)he really knows something or (s)he is full of shit.
What's with the hate towards Blizzard?

With regards to the Blizz non-news, it's the latter.

Also, if the blog updated more regularly, I think there's a hell of a drinking game in taking a shot every time the writer claims they're female.

Stitch

Gold Member
Visualante said:

5) Where is the new Road Rash?

That next-gen Road Rash EA UK was working on was canceled awhile ago.

The only EA game that i really wanted and they canceled it

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
mckmas8808 said:
What stuff was that?

She talked about Street Fighter 4 being in the works not so long ago I believe. I have no fucking clue what IAAW because acronyms are for the uncool posters that can't type 80 words per minute like me.

tino

Banned
Borys said:
Bunch of useless, "whatif" or known already crap.

Why do we keep her blog alive?

Stop hating, its more fun than sales talk.

And IO wouldn't mind seeing this stuff leak out either. I bet they are working on a squad base shooter and will turn it into K&L2 or Freedom Fighter2.

Pachimari

tino said:
Stop hating, its more fun than sales talk.

And IO wouldn't mind seeing this stuff leak out either. I bet they are working on a squad base shooter and will turn it into K&L2 or Freedom Fighter2.
I live 10 minutes from IO Interactive, so I can just sneakpeak through the windows perhaps, that would be a phenomenal idea, no? ^^

mckmas8808 said:
What stuff was that?

She said that it was 2.5D, cel-shaded, and for PS3/360. The last bit has yet to be confirmed, but it's a safe bet that it's true.

More stuff from the comments section:

-Street Fighter game that is not SFIV coming to Wii
-Capcom developing "nothing exciting" for WiiWare
-Team ICO developing two or three projects: one big game and one or two smaller games, "like Echochrome"

FoneBone

Father_Brain said:
-Street Fighter game that is not SFIV coming to Wii
Street Fighter Legends! w00t!

Seriously, though, I'm going to bet, regardless of whether she's right about that in particular, that Capcom has some multiplatform SF whoring in the works for the 20th anniversary.

SSX Fit is a terrible idea and after Blomba I doubt they'll do another for Wii.
You won't get the feeling of momentum, spinning or getting air.

Grabs won't feel right standing there and pushing a button. For free ride mode that could be fun because all you do is jump, steer and shred but that's not much of a game.

Anastacio said:
I live 10 minutes from IO Interactive, so I can just sneakpeak through the windows perhaps, that would be a phenomenal idea, no? ^^
Just walk in with a delivery of doughnuts and act confident, give them the doughnuts when you get in and blag some info from the art guys.

icecream

Public Health Threat
AlternativeUlster said:
I have no fucking clue what IAAW because acronyms are for the uncool posters that can't type 80 words per minute like me.
In case people were still wondering, it's S-E's DS RPG 'It's A Wonderful World'.

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
Anastacio said:
Exciting to see if she will leak info about some upcoming games in 2008 that hasn't been announced yet that I (and industry insiders) know of. I hope she will keep tight about it in respect to the developers.

You suck. I know who you are. :lol

Don't talk about IO, geez.

.dmc said:
Because you totally get that with a regular controller..
I did in both Cool Boarders and SSX. Your controller feels like you have control over every aspect. The feet and hands are your thumbs and fingers.

It would feel alien, I've seen the arcade snowboards that actually move under you and they seem really fun because you get feedback and control under your feet.

I think it would be really passive to push a button on the Wiimote to spin but control the direction of that spin with your body.
joshcryer said:
You suck. I know who you are. :lol

Don't talk about IO, geez.
Hahaha confirmed.

So, i asked her some questions:lol

Me:

What will Capcom bring to the wii besides Monster Hunter 3?

Is Nintendo really working on a next Gen system?

Her:

Mega Man, SF (not SFIV), amongst others. Of course.

vectorman06 said:
Mega Man, SF (not SFIV), amongst others. Of course.
SF (not SFIV) I don't get it, I thought they wanted to put IV on everything from NGage to PC.

Has SG delivered on Capcom rumours before?
edit Reading is Fundamental :(

Seems like SG dug a little on the things we discussed last week.

1) SSX 5 is dead, rivalry between PS360 snowboarding titles of Montreal studios still existent. (so a non SSX game still exist?)
2) Mother/Earthbound series coming to Wii and/or DS stateside, very possibly next year.
(seriously major fail if this isn't Reggie's answer to the hardcore game drought SG...)
3) Team Ico is working on two titles (maybe three), one major and the other(s) smaller. The smaller one(s) is/are more like Echochrome and does/do not take place inside the Ico canon.
4) **** & ***** 2 is still happening.
5) Also to look forward to next year is "Shrek going to unprecedented video game territory." Using skills of deduction, it is either a music title or a quality title. It is fairly obvious that the latter is definite no, so it probably a musical title.
6) Even more exciting unprecedented occurrence in interactive entertaiment is the release of a new Leisure Suit Larry title and a new Sex & the City titles in the same year for mobile communication tools, computing devices and other things.
7) A2M is working on Indiana Jones for people who cannot stand to play consoles with the number three in the name.
8) EA's Wii Balance Board title ain't SSX.
9) Cyclomite is absolutely amazing. (what?)
10) When is Rage coming out?
Second half of 2009.

Yeah that's legit. it seems. As Krome are on the Force Unleashed for Wii and Lucas is hardly going to comission anything other than Star Wars and Indy. Job listings point to this too.
A2M is proud to announce its association with two entertainment giants; Sega and Lucas Arts.
Got me wondering what they're up to with Sega. They've got ~375 staff so they could be working on several titles.

Kafel

Banned
The Friendly Monster said:
Read it again, it implies PS3 and 360.

edit: I read it again! I'm wrong. Bloody Christmas.

AIM%20Googly.gif

Visualante said:
SSX Fit is a terrible idea and after Blomba I doubt they'll do another for Wii.
You won't get the feeling of momentum, spinning or getting air.

Grabs won't feel right standing there and pushing a button. For free ride mode that could be fun because all you do is jump, steer and shred but that's not much of a game.

On a PS3 or 360, the whole sport would be emulated with buttons and analog sticks. I guess you would hate that even more?

Atleast with the wii fit board, it can emulate the sensation of snowboarding by giving you more control/customization over tricks with the nunchuck and wiimote. I think a snowboarding game using the wiimote is a must, and if we see it in 2008 other than in wii fit, it will definitely be a top seller.

underfooter said:
On a PS3 or 360, the whole sport would be emulated with buttons and analog sticks. I guess you would hate that even more?

Atleast with the wii fit board, it can emulate the sensation of snowboarding by giving you more control/customization over tricks with the nunchuck and wiimote. I think a snowboarding game using the wiimote is a must, and if we see it in 2008 other than in wii fit, it will definitely be a top seller.
It would be a shame for Nintendo or EA to miss such an opportunity. I think tricks would be the only difficult thing to translate but I suppose that's where flailing the wiimote wildly would come in handy.

underfooter said:
No, you misunderstand. Standing on a Wii Fit board to steer, and pushing a button to jump/grab would feel weird to me.
In fact I love SSX on a traditional controller, best sports game of last gen easily.

Top Bottom