• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survivor 31: Second Chance | PLAYER VOTING IS LIVE | Jeff Probst's Fantasy Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Jim but he has no shot at coming back. At least not this season.

Going in I thought he would have more support, but he's definitely lost in the mix here. I do think it has to do with him being on a mostly disliked season that wasn't recent enough.

I actually felt kind of bad listening to his RHAP interview, he's clearly aware he's in a bit of an uphill battle.

The one name I was hoping to see was Marty Piumbo from Nicaragua. Really wanted to see him call someone else "dumb as a bag of hammers".

He and Jane were two of the names rumored to be in consideration for FvF 2, but obviously he wasn't cast. I think he would come back, but he keeps getting edged out by other older guys.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Yes, as I recall, speculation is that casting went with the Philip/Fran rivalry over Marty/Jane.

And I've heard Dawn at the last second over Holly Hoffman too. Ouch.

I can't stand Shane Powers but this did make me laugh.....

Shane Powers ‏@Theshanepowers 21m21 minutes ago

Yo @jamesloganrice lemme help. FIRST order of business helpin u back on. IMMEDIATELY call @robcesternino and have him take DOWN interview.

UberTag

Going in I thought he would have more support, but he's definitely lost in the mix here. I do think it has to do with him being on a mostly disliked season that wasn't recent enough.

I actually felt kind of bad listening to his RHAP interview, he's clearly aware he's in a bit of an uphill battle.
It's a tough draw. Even if Mike wins Worlds Apart, Jim still needs to find a way to put himself ahead of 5 other guys to make the show.
That's no easy feat... even if one of those guys is Brad Culpepper.

UberTag

Well, he's clearly doing something right in pissing off so many people. :p
Makes me want to vote for him.
3AQmK.gif

And I've heard Dawn at the last second over Holly Hoffman too. Ouch.

I can't stand Shane Powers but this did make me laugh.....

Yeah, I've read that and Holly seemed to vaguely hint at it on RHAP.

Shane's tweet is funny. He is right though, that was a terrible interview/campaign podcast.

The sheer desperation exuding from Jim during his pitch makes it clear he doesn't stand a chance of doing well should he happen to get out there.

I was voting Jim the first few days, but after his actions the last couple of days, I've decided to shift my votes elsewhere. He's just attacking way too many people for no real reason.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I was voting Jim the first few days, but after his actions the last couple of days, I've decided to shift my votes elsewhere. He's just attacking way too many people for no real reason.

Really? That's disappointing. Guess I'll start throwing votes at Savage.

Yeah I'm probably going switch mine to either Keith or Woo. They are both goofs but they are good natured goofs who went deep.

Tevious

I wonder if they'll ever do an ultimate survivor season with all players being previous winners. We'll have 30 winners soon. I wonder how many of them would return again.

Grexeno

I wonder if they'll ever do an ultimate survivor season with all players being previous winners. We'll have 30 winners soon. I wonder how many of them would return again.
I really hope this happens someday, but it's just hard to do since you have so little margin for error in casting.

I would love this. Off the top of my head Romber have said they will never play again (I believe them), production won't want Brian back, Hatch might have legal issues (that's what prevented him from going on HvsV), and Parv has said she wouldn't want to come back (but she said the same thing after FvF, so take what you will from that).

There might be someone else that I'm forgetting, but otherwise most winners all seem eager and would love the chance to come back for all winners.

Oh, I know who I forgot. Todd, if he doesn't get his alcoholism under control.

Yeah I'm probably going switch mine to either Keith or Woo. They are both goofs but they are good natured goofs who went deep.

Of those two I would choose Keith. I thought he was fun even if he wasn't a brilliant strategist. Just my two cents.

I would love this. Off the top of my head Romber have said they will never play again (I believe them), production won't want Brian back, Hatch might have legal issues (that's what prevented him from going on HvsV), and Parv has said she wouldn't want to come back (but she said the same thing after FvF, so take what you will from that).

There might be someone else that I'm forgetting, but otherwise most winners all seem eager and would love the chance to come back for all winners.

I think Hatch has said that his legal issues are resolved, after keeping him off of Heroes vs Villains and Redemption Island.

But Todd, Brian, Rob and Amber are all likely out. I think most other winners would be in the mix. It would definitely be an interesting season to watch.

Spencer is like the person who least needs the votes

Yeah, I wasn't voting for him at first because I know he doesn't need it, but with Jim going off like this, I guess I might as well start tossing votes at Spencer.

Grexeno

Yeah, I wasn't voting for him at first because I know he doesn't need it, but with Jim going off like this, I guess I might as well start tossing votes at Spencer.
I mean, I wasn't going to vote for him because he didn't need it, but with 10 votes it's not like I was forced to make any tough choices.

I mean, I wasn't going to vote for him because he didn't need it, but with 10 votes it's not like I was forced to make any tough choices.

Yeah, there are no real tough choices.

Especially on the male side. I mean, I'm voting for Jeremy, and I wasn't exactly the biggest Jeremy fan in the world.

UberTag

Yeah, there are no real tough choices.

Especially on the male side. I mean, I'm voting for Jeremy, and I wasn't exactly the biggest Jeremy fan in the world.
I thought that was the case initially but I've been taking time out to listen to Rob's interviews and fully assess all of the candidates on what they'll potentially bring to the table and I've already changed my mind on a few people. So I think it's more difficult than I would have initially thought.

For one thing, I'd never watched Troyzan's original Survivor auditon video before. How can you not love this? Dude got testimonials from swimsuit models.

Tevious

I thought Hatch was in prison at the time over the IRS stuff. Yeah, obviously some won't or can't return. But they would only need 18 of them to come back.

UberTag

I swapped out both Jim and Kelly W. after their RHAP interviews. Was shocked about Kelly but I feel she'll be completely out of her depth if she's going into S31 with the mentality that alliances and strategy are somehow wrong. That idealistic view has no place in the modern Survivor game.
Shane Powers ‏@Theshanepowers
Someone should probly get the memo to @russellhantz that he's not actually on the ballot to play next season.... Jesus Christ get a life.

Russell Hantz ‏@russellhantz
@Theshanepowers maybe you can mind your own business how about that!!? I'll fix it where you don't have to creep on my tweets bitch!!

Shane Powers ‏@Theshanepowers
I don't follow you. You're flooding my feed because you are leeching off relevent Survivor news. let it go Russ....

Russell Hantz ‏@russellhantz
Again!! Why the fuck do you stalk me if you don't like me!! Stay out of my business if it bothers you soooo much!!
Jim Rice ‏@jamesloganrice
@robcesternino I probably said some things I shouldn't have on #rhap last night, but it would be disingenuous to back down from any of it.
Drinking before his campaign interview was probably not the brightest of ideas.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I swapped out both Jim and Kelly W. after their RHAP interviews. Was shocked about Kelly but I feel she'll be completely out of her depth if she's going into S31 with the mentality that alliances and strategy are somehow wrong. That idealistic view has no place in the modern Survivor game.

I would have swapped out Kelly too if I hadn't already voted. It's like going on the Amazing Race even though you hate to travel.

Stephanie or Tasha will get her vote now.

UberTag

I would have swapped out Kelly too if I hadn't already voted. It's like going on the Amazing Race even though you hate to travel.
You get a fresh set of votes every day. No harm in changing it up tomorrow.

Someone over on Sucks put forward the suggestion that Kelly is actually working the interview circuit to put forward a false perception of how she plans to approach the game with her fellow contestants. Not sure she's that shrewd but I applaud the initiative of a smokescreen if that's her game plan.

Don't forget Ethan's seemingly never-ending battle with cancer

Forgot about Ethan's issues. Yeah, we can probably take him off the list as well.

Someone over on Sucks put forward the suggestion that Kelly is actually working the interview circuit to put forward a false perception of how she plans to approach the game with her fellow contestants. Not sure she's that shrewd but I applaud the initiative of a smokescreen if that's her game plan.

I'd love that, but that seems like wishful thinking to me. She seemed very genuine and upfront with what she was saying. If that's the case, she's definitely cutthroat.

I'm still voting for her. The nostalgia factor won't allow me not to.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I don't have as much nostalgia for the first season because it wasn't my first season. I didn't see it in it's entirety until the DVD set came out in 2004.

Grexeno

So Cesternino thinks Natalie will be on the season..........and win. I really can't see it. The only way she gets on is producer choice for a nice bod out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom