• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survivor 31: Second Chance | PLAYER VOTING IS LIVE | Jeff Probst's Fantasy Football

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

I feel like Joe gets reflected glory for being like an off-brand Malcolm. He was okay, but there was nothing during his time on the show that really stood out, apart from that amazing fake idol.
I am not at all a fan of bland Malcolm.
I would love it if he got a gig working in Survivor's prop department manufacturing creative idols.
I do not want to see him play the game.
That being said, I know full well he's going to be on a plane to Cambodia in a couple weeks.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I'm not a huge Joe fan, but he's still one of the ten best men out of this group. I'll certainly take Joe over guys like Woo or Troyzan.

Yeah I'm not trying to sell Joe as the second coming or anything. I just think he's more well rounded than Terry. And I think he has more room to grow and learn. Terry is a 50 year old hardass military man. Those guys are often very set in their ways.

That said I am voting for them both.

BunnyBear

The only positive thing about Mike winning would be I wouldn't have to watch his fucking worthless face on my television again this season.

I despise him and his God-fearing horseshit.

Just catching up to a lot of these second chances podcasts and man I think this game has passed Shane Powers up. I can completely see someone just using his mentality for the game and cutting his throat late in the game.

Also, for fuck's sake I do not want to see Woo in the game ever again.

suaveric

Just catching up to a lot of these second chances podcasts and man I think this game has passed Shane Powers up. I can completely see someone just using his mentality for the game and cutting his throat late in the game.

Also, for fuck's sake I do not want to see Woo in the game ever again.

I don't think Woo is getting too much support, thankfully. He hasn't bothered to do a podcast with Rob.

Those are 3 people who probably know they are in for sure.

I don't think I'd be able to take that chance. I don't think there is any way Kass doesn't make it, but she is campaigning her ass off. Spencer I think is another absolute shoe-in, but I don't know if I could feel 100% sure as Jeremy and Ciera. The hardcore fans seemed to dislike Jeremy after his season for the most part, and Ciera is great but kind of forgettable outside of her season. I don't know, just still shocks me they'd take the chance.

I could see it being strategic to not give stuff away by Jeremy or Spencer, but knowing that you think you'd be able to go into it using that knowledge.

llehuty

Spencer is definitely doing the right thing here. He has a big enough target going into the game without opening his mouth.

Jeremy and Spencer have podcasts scheduled for Thursday and Friday respectively.

Ciera, Joe, Brad Culpepper, Woo and Sabrina do not have anything scheduled and have seemingly not reached out as of the last time I heard or checked. Carolyn and Mike are contractually forbidden from campaigning on podcasts.

Ah, that's good to hear. Not that they need to interview, they're locks for the men and women. I feel bad for Sabrina, terrible timing for all of this to be happening to her.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Rob C's exit poll data....

Top 10 men in no order: Terry, Vytas, Spencer, Mike, Jeremy, Stephen, Shane, Joe, Varner, and Jim

The 6 on the outside Keith, Troyzan, Max, Culpepper, Woo, and Savage

Top 9 women in no order: Pieh-Gee, Wiglesworth, Ciera, T-Bird, Abi Maria, Wentworth, Shirin, Kass, and Tasha

Bottom 7: Monica, Sabrina, Stephanie, Carolyn, Kimmi, Mikayla, and Natalie

I'd have thought Savage would be a shoo-in. Maybe lots of other voters felt the same way, and aren't voting for him as a result? Or maybe everyone has just forgotten that season, since it was practically an eternity ago, I guess.

kirblar

I'd have thought Savage would be a shoo-in. Maybe lots of other voters felt the same way, and aren't voting for him as a result? Or maybe everyone has just forgotten that season, since it was practically an eternity ago, I guess.
I just don't understand what people ever saw in him.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

I'd rather have had Ryno(or Burton) back but I thought Savage was alright. He got stuck with Lil, Osten, and Skinny Ryan. That's pretty horrible.

Edit: I just asked Rob. He said over 8000 ballots cast in his poll.

I just remember liking him, but I can't remember why I did. He's getting my votes partly because I have that vague memory of his season, partly because there are a bunch of newer people -- Woo, Spencer, Troyzan -- I know I don't want back.

UberTag

Going to start tailoring my last few ballots based on what we've been able to glean from polling data for that final push or my favorites.
As I suspect the exit polling on the RHAP website may well be more accurate than any of the other public barometers out there, I think Rob has a good feel on the way the vote is going.

LOCKS

Jeremy Collins
Joe Anglim
Spencer Bledsoe
Stephen Fishbach

Abi-Maria Gomes
Ciera Eastin
Kass McQuillen
Kelly Wiglesworth
Peih-Gee Law
Shirin Oskooi
Tasha Fox
Rob C's exit poll data....

Top 10 men in no order: Terry, Vytas, Spencer, Mike, Jeremy, Stephen, Shane, Joe, Varner, and Jim

Top 9 women in no order: Pieh-Gee, Wiglesworth, Ciera, T-Bird, Abi Maria, Wentworth, Shirin, Kass, and Tasha
The exit polls largely reinforce the trends we're seeing elsewhere.

For the guys, I now consider Shane, Vytas and Jeff as locks right now which would leave three slots remaining. If Mike fails to win World Apart next week, he would also take up a slot... but I think it's a safe bet at this point that he's already a Survivor winner. Terry is showing really strong momentum across the board but not quite a shoo-in yet. Savage not making the RHAP Top 10 is somewhat of a shock... I really enjoyed his interview too. Will continue to throw votes both his way and Terry's way.

As you all noticed, Jim seems to have clawed his way into bubble territory but his RHAP stock is probably inflated over his status elsewhere. I wouldn't discount Max either given his Production favor... or Woo given his likely casual support although his campaign has been virtually non-existent. Keith's campaign seems to have hit a brick wall and I would consider both Troyzan and Culpepper to be toast. I plan to continue to throw votes to Troy, however.

My ballot the rest of the way for the guys...

Andrew Savage
Jeff Varner
Jeremy Collins
Keith Nale
Mike Holloway
Shane Powers
Stephen Fishbach
Terry Deitz
Troyzan Robertson
Vytas Baskauskas

I'm snubbing Joe for being cocky and boring, Woo for knowing about as much about campaigning as he does about Survivor and Culpepper who I would actually be surprised if he packs for next week's finale. Max is a Production pet and Jim is just so desperate to be Season 31's first boot that it's hard to reward it. And Spencer frankly doesn't need any more votes.

For the girls, I'm inclined to consider T-Bird as a lock right now which would leave two slots remaining. Kelley Wentworth is showing positive momentum not just in the RHAP exit polls but in the Reddit Straw Poll and RealityGossip Twitter polling as well. Will continue to vote for her daily along with Monica. I would consider Kimmi to be on the bubble as well and I have to imagine Mama C has support from the casuals that we're not seeing thanks to her moves on Worlds Apart these past two episodes.

Firmly believe that Sabrina is toast thanks to her non-starter of a campaign due to ill-timed family tragedy. Also toast are Stephanie, Natalie and Mikayla... although I will continue to support the latter of that trio as a fill-in vote on my ballot. If Nat somehow makes the cut, this vote will have a CBS smell to it despite their insistence that this is purely deduced by fan polling.

My ballot the rest of the way for the girls...

Kass McQuillen
Kelley Wentworth
Kelly Wiglesworth
Mikayla Wingle
Monica Padilla
Peih-Gee Law
Sabrina Thompson
Shirin Oskooi
Tasha Fox
Teresa "T-Bird" Cooper

I'm snubbing Ciera due to not giving Rob an interview, Abi still isn't clicking with me, Steph and Nat have no business coming back to play again and I can't vote for Mama C or Kimmi any more due to them being in play for the slots I want to see go to Wentworth and Monica.

suaveric

Going to start tailoring my last few ballots based on what we've been able to glean from polling data for that final push or my favorites.

The exit polls largely reinforce the trends we're seeing elsewhere.

For the guys, I now consider Shane, Vytas and Jeff as locks right now which would leave three slots remaining. If Mike fails to win World Apart next week, he would also take up a slot... but I think it's a safe bet at this point that he's already a Survivor winner. Terry is showing really strong momentum across the board but not quite a shoo-in yet. Savage not making the RHAP Top 10 is somewhat of a shock... I really enjoyed his interview too. Will continue to throw votes both his way and Terry's way.

As you all noticed, Jim seems to have clawed his way into bubble territory but his RHAP stock is probably inflated over his status elsewhere. I wouldn't discount Max either given his Production favor... or Woo given his likely casual support although his campaign has been virtually non-existent. Keith's campaign seems to have hit a brick wall and I would consider both Troyzan and Culpepper to be toast. I plan to continue to throw votes to Troy, however.

My ballot the rest of the way for the guys...

Andrew Savage
Jeff Varner
Jeremy Collins
Keith Nale
Mike Holloway
Shane Powers
Stephen Fishbach
Terry Deitz
Troyzan Robertson
Vytas Baskauskas

I'm snubbing Joe for being cocky and boring, Woo for knowing about as much about campaigning as he does about Survivor and Culpepper who I would actually be surprised if he packs for next week's finale. Max is a Production pet and Jim is just so desperate to be Season 31's first boot that it's hard to reward it. And Spencer frankly doesn't need any more votes.

For the girls, I'm inclined to consider T-Bird as a lock right now which would leave two slots remaining. Kelley Wentworth is showing positive momentum not just in the RHAP exit polls but in the Reddit Straw Poll and RealityGossip Twitter polling as well. Will continue to vote for her daily along with Monica. I would consider Kimmi to be on the bubble as well and I have to imagine Mama C has support from the casuals that we're not seeing thanks to her moves on Worlds Apart these past two episodes.

Firmly believe that Sabrina is toast thanks to her non-starter of a campaign due to ill-timed family tragedy. Also toast are Stephanie, Natalie and Mikayla... although I will continue to support the latter of that trio as a fill-in vote on my ballot. If Nat somehow makes the cut, this vote will have a CBS smell to it despite their insistence that this is purely deduced by fan polling.

My ballot the rest of the way for the girls...

Kass McQuillen
Kelley Wentworth
Kelly Wiglesworth
Mikayla Wingle
Monica Padilla
Peih-Gee Law
Sabrina Thompson
Shirin Oskooi
Tasha Fox
Teresa "T-Bird" Cooper

I'm snubbing Ciera due to not giving Rob an interview, Abi still isn't clicking with me, Steph and Nat have no business coming back to play again and I can't vote for Mama C or Kimmi any more due to them being in play for the slots I want to see go to Wentworth and Monica.

Why did Ciera snub Rob? Did she do any other podcasts or any other campaigning? And I have a horrible feeling that Rob's results have too much of a super-fan skew. I think people like Woo have a much better chance at getting on next season because of the general public. I hope I'm wrong.

Ciera hasn't interviewed with anybody, and likely won't. There's no reason to at this point, and she was a lock anyway. She's a mom so I cut her some slack.

I don't think it's smart to assume these online polls represent the entire voting base. You never know what the casuals might do. I'm just voting and not even worrying about it at the point.

Well, I shouldn't say you never know. It's likely that they will greatly favor the most recent contestants and maybe Kelly Wiglesworth.

kirblar

Ciera hasn't interviewed with anybody, and likely won't. There's no reason to at this point, and she was a lock anyway. She's a mom so I cut her some slack.

I don't think it's smart to assume these online polls represent the entire voting base. You never know what the casuals might do. I'm just voting and not even worrying about it at the point.
Kelley, Woo, and Max seem like the definitely likely spoilers to one of the recent or ancient "sure things" getting bumped.

UberTag

Well, I shouldn't say you never know. It's likely that they will greatly favor the most recent contestants and maybe Kelly Wiglesworth.
Yeah, I've been mindful not to overlook people like Woo, Keith and Carolyn due to the casual factor. Main reason I only consider 6 people's campaigns to be toast right now (Sabrina, Mikayla, Stephanie, Natalie, Troyzan and Brad). That's also the reason I'm not letting up on votes for the likes of Kelley, Monica, Terry and Savage because I KNOW they won't be doing nearly as well with the casuals and they're barely making the cut with the hardcore crowd.

I do think my 16 locks are pretty set in stone, though. Would be willing to put money on at least 14 of them holding on Wednesday night. I'm probably the shakiest on T-Bird.

I don't think Ciera has ever even been near the bubble. Girl was a lock as soon as the poll went up. This is like Spencer, she's basically just being nice and making an appearance.

UberTag

I don't think Ciera has ever even been near the bubble. Girl was a lock as soon as the poll went up. This is like Spencer, she's basically just being nice and making an appearance.
I will start throwing votes Ciera's way again instead of wasting them on Sabrina now that she's made her token appearance. So it counts for something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom