• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment |OT| Now in English | #YOLO - You Only Live Online

boldverine

Neo Member
Does anyone know if it is possible to buy this game through one of the asiatic PSNs? I saw it on the Hong Kong one and if it is anything like buying games from the US PSN from Europe all I need is to buy some PSN cards and that's possible through some online stores.

Yes but you will need a memory card dedicated to that HK account, you won't be able to download it and then switch over to your US PSN. So in order to do this you will need an extra memory card, to format the vita and to buy a HK PSN card.

Downloaded the patch and they definitely fixed alot of the script. Less Engrish this time around, altho not completely gone.

Gameplay wise, most definitely improved from earlier, everything sure feels faster and more fluid. I did notice that they nerfed the Perfect Style skill..the duration seems alot shorter now. I remember it used to last a long while (the cooldown was nearly done). Now when the effect expires the cooldown was about only halfway there. Not sure what else they nerfed for balance.

Perfect I posted a list of stuff that I noticed had changed on the previous page, but now it's confirmed, my eyes weren't playing tricks on me when I said that the script was completely brushed up. Still a bit of English, but nowhere near as awful as before, and no typos at all now.

Prelude.

After a quick search all I could find is this. I think the fastest way might be to figure out how to make a "fake" asia psn account.

https://asia.playstation.com/hk/en/regional/game?platform=psv

though someone else here mentioned what was in the asia store a few pages back let me see if i can find it.
The link's not working for me, but anyway, here they are.
If you're not logged in you should be able to browse it.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...=HP0700-PCSH00070_00-SWORDART2ASIA100:ADD-ONS

4 extra missions and 5 extra treasure boxes containing weapons, faces and stuff like that.
One of the boxes is for Heathcliff's sword and shield, damn.

boldverine

Neo Member
Yes but you will need a memory card dedicated to that HK account, you won't be able to download it and then switch over to your US PSN. So in order to do this you will need an extra memory card, to format the vita and to buy a HK PSN card.

Thanks! Thats what i wanted to know.Already knew about the shadyness involving having multiple psn accounts on the vita.I have the 4gb card that came with my vita with nothing in it so I can use that :D

I have been trying to gather from videos, but what exactly would you equate this to gameplay wise?

Is it an action RPG control wise like Tales games?

What the hell is that menu that is brought up during fighting?

This has interested me, but not 100% yet since it's all digital, any light reading anyone can turn me to? Thanks in advance.

Stuart444

A tip for anyone looking for good swords:

In the Graveyar of the Royal (I think that's what it's called in the asian version? Playing JP version so not sure) Hollow Area which is between Hollow Area 4 and 5, there is a boss called Absolute Blader, high level.

Go Multiplayer with some AI folks and defeat it, a door opens up with two chests after that. One is a randomly powerful Sword. (I got Insane Blade and Saber Vermillion? or something, セイブバーミリオン) which I went back twice just for. Equiped them both after upgrading them both to X3

No regrets haha, very good Swords.

It's going to be weird when I get the ENG version without the awesome stuff in this update. Seriously, Hollow Map and Implement stuff alone is much better than in the base version.

A tip for anyone looking for good swords:

In the Graveyar of the Royal (I think that's what it's called in the asian version? Playing JP version so not sure) Hollow Area which is between Hollow Area 4 and 5, there is a boss called Absolute Blader, high level.

Go Multiplayer with some AI folks and defeat it, a door opens up with two chests after that. One is a randomly powerful Sword. (I got Insane Blade and Saber Vermillion? or something, セイブバーミリオン) which I went back twice just for. Equiped them both after upgrading them both to X3

No regrets haha, very good Swords.

It's going to be weird when I get the ENG version without the awesome stuff in this update. Seriously, Hollow Map and Implement stuff alone is much better than in the base version.

Is it known if US/UK versions will receive the update at some point?

Stuart444

Is it known if US/UK versions will receive the update at some point?

Unknown, I'd assume they are discussing it.

I'm guessing it will probably depend on the sales of the game but we'll see. I do hope they give the ENG version the update though. It's a hefty thing but adds so many good stuff to it.

edit: I think the only thing that really annoys me about this game is the targeting system, it's so easy to hit the wrong target you're aiming for.

Also sometimes when for instance, I am hunting for a sparkling item on the ground and I click on it, it shows the word "action" but clicking it does nothing until I run away a few meters and then back to it.

So yeah, targeting is the only really annoying thing imo. It's small enough though that I can ignore it since I love the rest of the game lol.

edit 2: Wow, lol, the game actually froze on me there. 5th Hollow Area spoiler?,
after you defeat the first boss for the first time, when you take down it's first bar of health and the fight stops

I think I am going to wait a month before buying the US version, I just would hate not having the huge update after reading the before and after impressions.

Stuart444

So I just faced what I assume is the final boss of the Hollow Area
The concealed area, floor 11
, brutal. I got absolutely destroyed and was hardly doing any dmg to him. Hell It was hard just trying to get up close to hit him.

Leaving it there for tonight but damn, was not expecting that since the other bosses have gone relatively okay.

maouvin

I think I am going to wait a month before buying the US version, I just would hate not having the huge update after reading the before and after impressions.

I was thinking the same, but I know that I'll end up buying something else if I wait too much ~_~ so I shall be there at launch.

Also, since this is my first post in this thread I believe: great OT as always, Parakeetman :)

Stuart444

I was thinking the same, but I know that I'll end up buying something else if I wait too much ~_~ so I shall be there at launch.

Also, since this is my first post in this thread I believe: great OT as always, Parakeetman :)

Hehe, the game is great even without the patch, the patch just makes it much better lol :)

The proof is in the pudding. I played this game for 2 months straight without the patch and I'm still alive. The game was phenomenal regardless, the patch just made it god-tier, it's all. LOL ;)

You know I actually wonder if this is the script that you guys are going to get... Either that or the HK folks realized how many people imported it and actually went to work with it again, because it's pretty clean now aside from an odd sentence or two every now and then.

Tohsaka

You know I actually wonder if this is the script that you guys are going to get... Either that or the HK folks realized how many people imported it and actually went to work with it again, because it's pretty clean now aside from an odd sentence or two every now and then.

The script revisions make me tempted to import because I vastly prefer physical copies, but I want the DLC so I'm going to just bite the bullet and buy the US version I guess.

Arthos

The DLC is just costumes, no?

And I had no idea that the patch addressed the translation issues. It would be nice to have the patch available ASAP though for the NA version...

I'm glad I ordered my copy, not because I don't want the NA version, but simply because it kept me busy for the past 2 months during the usual Summer drought. There's so many good games coming out now that I wouldn't be able to dig as much into the game's system's as I did.

I would say once you get this game, make sure you have a good 3-4hrs of free time before you start it up. Fiddle around with the skills, learn what does what, read the digital manual (forreal, if you guys get the same one as us, that thing is full of info), and lastly come over here and ask if you have any questions! With patch or not the game is a blast to play.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

its most likely they did fixes too much work to replace an entire script within such a short time. unless it was planned from the start. still budget and time wise makes little sense to do it that way

Parakeetman

thanks! am sure you will have a good time with the game when you pick it up

Stuart444

You know I actually wonder if this is the script that you guys are going to get...

Does the game still use the word "Penetrations"? like in that screenshot earlier when the asian version just came out?

If so yeah, it's not the script we're getting. The script will probably be close but with any awkwardness cleared up I'd assume. And anything that doesn't make sense in English cleared up. That type of stuff.

While the patch is 'localized', there still might be text issues they may need to fix to make it suitable to go through certification with Sony US/EU. Not to mention, it costs money to update/patch games iirc so if the game doesn't sell that great, they have no incentive to bite those costs.

Do buy this game and tell other people about it, show Bamco that there is still interest in Vita titles like this one, especially if the Vita gets another SAO game. :) Good sales may help us get any future SAO games.

Yup, the penetrations are still going strong LOL, amongst those few odd ends that I mentioned that one is still in there, and it still gets me every time LOL. I would hope that you are right, I mean the script isn't so bad now but anyone would notice these little grammar errors.

Stuart444

So I've now completed the Hollow Fragment part of the story, I think I used more items against the final boss
(technically second last boss :p )
than I have in most fights in the game.

Also Stun is a bitch. "attack attack, gets stunned, attacks until stun kicks in, unable to move for several seconds" :(

Parakeetman

So I've now completed the Hollow Fragment part of the story, I think I used more items against the final boss
(technically second last boss :p )
than I have in most fights in the game.

Also Stun is a bitch. "attack attack, gets stunned, attacks until stun kicks in, unable to move for several seconds" :(

Sounds like what I do to bosses all the time lol.

Parakeetman

What's a good site to use for importing games?

Preferably one with hassle free shipping.

amiami is far better but you need to be on the ball with reservations and such at times since stock goes out fast. its a jp based company though so you know you are preordering something existing and not preordering a preorder which is what play asia seems to do on occasion from past stories.

play asia is more the choice if you want asia region games. asides from that you can give them a pass

I have no complaints for Play-Asia, aside from it being pricey. I paid for the express shipping and it was sent on a Wednesday night (from where I live of course) and got it on that Friday afternoon. It came with a tracking number and all that jazz. Also duty fees are a bitch so you need to consider those when you order. I think in the end I payed 90$ for everything put together, surely far more than what everyone else is willing to pay for a Vita game. Took a gamble, but in the end it payed off, I loved the game (still do, gtg playing right now lol).

Phlebas

Banned
Is PayPal the only way to pay on PlayAsia?

Because I'd really rather avoid using it.

AmiAmi won't let me add the game to my cart.

You can pay normally with a credit card, no need for Paypal ^

As a matter of fact I can't remember the last time I even used that to buy anything from anywhere lol.

NesFe

So, I'm back after taking a break and replaying Zero/Ao/Sen in preparation for Sen II and I'm still playing through the psp content of the game. I'm at the level 98 BOSS, but I have a question:

Aren't Dex and Hit the attributes that improve your hit (not missing attack) ? I'm using Passive skill to improve my HIT, Target Sight(greatly improves hit) and a charm/pelt/robe/ring that all improve hit and I'm still missing a lot of attacks against high level enemies. I also upgrade my Axe to +3/+4 hit... I know 2 handed axe miss a lot but I figure with all the setup I'm using, I should be hitting better.

Am I doing it wrong ? Should I invest more in Dex instead of Hit or just abandon the Axe ?

WiseWarrior

Neo Member
So, I'm back after taking a break and replaying Zero/Ao/Sen in preparation for Sen II and I'm still playing through the psp content of the game. I'm at the level 98 BOSS, but I have a question:

Aren't Dex and Hit the attributes that improve your hit (not missing attack) ? I'm using Passive skill to improve my HIT, Target Sight(greatly improves hit) and a charm/pelt/robe/ring that all improve hit and I'm still missing a lot of attacks against high level enemies. I also upgrade my Axe to +3/+4 hit... I know 2 handed axe miss a lot but I figure with all the setup I'm using, I should be hitting better.

Am I doing it wrong ? Should I invest more in Dex instead of Hit or just abandon the Axe ?

Every two points in Dex is equal to one in Hit. The only stat that matters in your hit percentage though is Hit, Dex is just for raising Hit and for extra damage on some skills. However, Dex was much easier to upgrade when forging weapons, at least until the latest update.

I have around 250 Hit and am Level 126 with a Scimitar and Shield. I can hit bosses that are 150s-160s in level no problems, and even enemies in the 190s I can often hit.

NesFe

Every two points in Dex is equal to one in Hit. The only stat that matters in your hit percentage though is Hit, Dex is just for raising Hit and for extra damage on some skills. However, Dex was much easier to upgrade when forging weapons, at least until the latest update.

I have around 250 Hit and am Level 126 with a Scimitar and Shield. I can hit bosses that are 150s-160s in level no problems, and even enemies in the 190s I can often hit.

Hmm, i just checked and I have 241 HIT (level 121) and am using Precision machinery and Target sight, both skills that improve hit and I'm still missing a lot. I do have to point out that I was doing great up till floor 98. I guess I'll try to raise my HIT stat a bit more.

WiseWarrior

Neo Member
Hmm, i just checked and I have 241 HIT (level 121) and am using Precision machinery and Target sight, both skills that improve hit and I'm still missing a lot. I do have to point out that I was doing great up till floor 98. I guess I'll try to raise my HIT stat a bit more.

Perhaps the weapon has a permanent debuff or something that lowers HIT? I can't think of anything else, the enemies in Aincraid should never require buffs of any sort to hit when you're at 241 HIT.

On another note, I'm pulled back into the game after the update. (More like the game woke me up in the middle of the night and punched me in the face a few times until I played it)

I'm loving how much smoother it is. The enemy scaling is great, I can finally annihilate lower leveled enemies in a few burst attacks. One problem. PFT style lasts waaay shorter. Before the update I took on enemies 40 levels above me. Now, thanks to the new update I can take on enemies level 80 above me. Or I could. If PFT style didn't run out about halfway through their health. >_<

Anyway, I'm in the lava section and about to get to the second Hollow Quest of the new Grand Quest. Right before the entrance are four of the Levels 145-169 ant lion guys. I beat all of them and open a treasure chest. A Scimitar? That's what I use! Almost as good stats as the one I'm usi-+105 DEX AND +40 HIT? :D :D :D

I go to test it and WALAH! Level 170 enemies don't require any buffs to hit 100% of the time at 340 HIT. I destroy about ten level 140-170 ant lions, grab 250K from a chest, and enter a room with six ant lions and a queen ant. Yup! I think it's time to head back to town. :p

Also, does anyone know what debuff you now get when using the skill "Use more ITM?" It used to only reduce cast times for item usage, but now there's a debuff that can't be removed by Purify Fire and I've never seen before. On another note, you can also not remove the Defense Down debuff from Lightning Attack with Purify Fire.

Phlebas

Banned
So its weird.

I try to set my address so I can place an order on PlayAsia and it won't let me continue.

I select United States and its telling me "This field is required" , won't let me advance to the next page.

Edit: Fixed. The mobile site was giving me issues so I had to use the desktop version.

TheChaos0

Am I missing something or is there a reason everyone is suddenly importing it even though the us release is in 18 days? ty

I also think people want to play with the patch that has recently came out and improved things quite a bit. At this moment we don't even know if it's coming out in US/EU.

Top Bottom