• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment |OT| Now in English | #YOLO - You Only Live Online

darkwing

Dont think there really is anything yet. Considering the US / EU one isnt out yet.

Question have you played MMOs before?

----------

Since note got the OK from duckroll to turn this into the US / EU OT. So Ill have to do some changes to things and duckroll will assist with a title change.

Yup, played MMOs before

Nice, was checking out the Asian version but it is too expensive compared to the NA digital one

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Yup, played MMOs before

Nice, was checking out the Asian version but it is too expensive compared to the NA digital one

Yeah you should be fairly familiar with the concept of buffs / debuffs and getting yourself all readied up with buffs before a fight and such. Check out this video of mine that Ive been linking constantly to show you all of that. This game is really reliant on that for survival and part of what allows you to take on enemies a lot stronger than yourself. Its use of your attack skills and what they call "passive skills" even though they are activated by said player which are the buffs, debuffs, healing etc. so will feel a lot like playing an MMO in some ways with the combat that is as its very strongly about understanding the skills and properly being able to manage everything with the cooldowns and other whatnots.

From there if you got questions on whats going on Ill be more than happy to answer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKHQ9BRrmV0

I'm getting this Tuesday for sure but I'm really thinking about waiting for the patch since it seems to make so many changes that sound almost as if they're needed. Besides Tales of Xilla 2 is the same day.

Parakeetman

I'm getting this Tuesday for sure but I'm really thinking about waiting for the patch since it seems to make so many changes that sound almost as if they're needed. Besides Tales of Xilla 2 is the same day.

Its not, just play the game trust me.

Parakeetman

The time of North American release is upon us! :-D Heading to the store first-thing tomorrow to pick up a PSN card. Cannot wait to finally play this!!

Has anyone actually made any sort of Xlink Kai sorta prog for the PS Vita? Since if so you maniacs would be able to see if you could try the MP stuff together thats why.

I still think the description of the game is crazy with them trying to make it sound as if Hollow Fragment is the main story, when its not. Its additional content on top of the original Infinity Moment story. Seriously do they even play their own games or what? The hell since even the JP page doesnt describe like the Western one does. Good lord people. (As you folks can tell Im still highly irritated as shit by this.)

Has anyone actually made any sort of Xlink Kai sorta prog for the PS Vita? Since if so you maniacs would be able to see if you could try the MP stuff together thats why.

I still think the description of the game is crazy with them trying to make it sound as if Hollow Fragment is the main story, when its not. Its additional content on top of the original Infinity Moment story. Seriously do they even play their own games or what? The hell since even the JP page doesnt describe like the Western one does. Good lord people. (As you folks can tell Im still highly irritated as shit by this.)

I haven't a clue, sadly!

Geez! You'd think they would think they'd do a better job of getting that across. Fortunately, we have you to stay on top of things like that!

Parakeetman

I haven't a clue, sadly!

Geez! You'd think they would think they'd do a better job of getting that across. Fortunately, we have you to stay on top of things like that!

Unfortunately though I hardly use such programs so am not too familiar with the most current happening with them. Only messed around with the PSP one slightly.

The best I could do is a quick google search, but am pretty sure at GAF there is an Xlink Kai community so am sure someone would know.

After not pulling up too much info made a thread asking about it. Will drop any useful info here. Link to the thread below.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=876587

This also exists, but figured hearing from a fellow member is still the best choice if possible.
http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=43461&sid=d3b587dee56e4825c7ca9464cae55431

Ad-hoc party supposedly works with the PSV but never tried it myself and it never worked correctly back in the PSP days anyways...

Then found this info at Gamefaqs.

I made a video showing that Ad Hoc Party does work on the PS Vita in case anyone was wondering.

http://youtu.be/0RTx-OOrPrs

In order to get PS Vita you must:

1. Download Ad Hoc Party from the PS Store on your PS3.

2. Your PS3 must be connected to your internet via an ethernet cable. The reason for this is because your PS3's wireless connection must be freed up in order to connect to your PS Vita. NO EXCEPTIONS.

3. In order to play with your buddy, you must ensure that both your downloads of Ad Hoc Party are from the same region.

Ad Hoc Party works with PSP games AND adhoc only Vita games.

***The American Ad Hoc Party is nowhere near as stable as the Japanese version. If you find a good hunting group, have them all download the Japanese version of Ad Hoc Party and play with them on there. It is MUCH more stable.***

Truthfully Sony should put more effort into the whole ad-hoc party stuff if they want the Vita to sell more, that way it will still allow folks to play MP over the internet even if the game does not have a proper infrastructure mode included.

--------

On a separate note wtf is with the translations for the character information on the official site, since some of the stuff looks pretty bad if that is the official US site. Seriously.

http://www.swordartonline-game.com/

Unfortunately though I hardly use such programs so am not too familiar with the most current happening with them. Only messed around with the PSP one slightly.

The best I could do is a quick google search, but am pretty sure at GAF there is an Xlink Kai community so am sure someone would know.

After not pulling up too much info made a thread asking about it. Will drop any useful info here. Link to the thread below.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=876587

This also exists, but figured hearing from a fellow member is still the best choice if possible.
http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=43461&sid=d3b587dee56e4825c7ca9464cae55431

Ad-hoc party supposedly works with the PSV but never tried it myself and it never worked correctly back in the PSP days anyways...

Then found this info at Gamefaqs.

Truthfully Sony should put more effort into the whole ad-hoc party stuff if they want the Vita to sell more, that way it will still allow folks to play MP over the internet even if the game does not have a proper infrastructure mode included.

Huh interesting, nice find! :D I did some googling myself and I didn't find much more than you did on the XLink part but I had no idea Ad-Hoc Party works with Vita games :eek:
And I made myself sad while googling since I found some topics about PSO2 along the way, a game I'll likely never be able to play again unless I go through the whole VPN ordeal :(

I agree Sony should really push Ad-Hoc Party as much as they can and make a PS4 and possibly PC version too for the Vita to connect to because it would certainly add value to alot of games and the Vita itself yeah. I would be willing to try Ad-Hoc Party with Hollow Fragment provided I find a way to connect my PS3 through Ethernet which is quite difficult the way my flat is set up :p

But wait I just realized, will the JPN/Asia versions even be able to Ad-Hoc with the EU/US versions? If yes we still have the patch discrepancy till next month so it would be difficult unless we all roll back to version 1.0 I assume which might cause trouble with savegames and whatnot :/

Parakeetman

Huh interesting, nice find! :D I did some googling myself and I didn't find much more than you did on the XLink part but I had no idea Ad-Hoc Party works with Vita games :eek:
And I made myself sad while googling since I found some topics about PSO2 along the way, a game I'll likely never be able to play again unless I go through the whole VPN ordeal :(

I agree Sony should really push Ad-Hoc Party as much as they can and make a PS4 and possibly PC version too for the Vita to connect to because it would certainly add value to alot of games and the Vita itself yeah. I would be willing to try Ad-Hoc Party with Hollow Fragment provided I find a way to connect my PS3 through Ethernet which is quite difficult the way my flat is set up :p

But wait I just realized, will the JPN/Asia versions even be able to Ad-Hoc with the EU/US versions? If yes we still have the patch discrepancy till next month so it would be difficult unless we all roll back to version 1.0 I assume which might cause trouble with savegames and whatnot :/

Generally JP games wont work with localized versions. Not even sure if the Asian versions would work with the US / EU ones... D:

Generally JP games wont work with localized versions. Not even sure if the Asian versions would work with the US / EU ones... D:

Okay that's a bummer then for a game like this :( Well atleast trying it once with SAO can't hurt because when
if
we reach patch parity since from a quick googling just now it seems to be on a game by game basis with the Vita. Toukiden apparently works JP <---> US while Soul Sacrifice doesn't.

And holy you are right the site translations are Google Translate materials at best o.o

A solo player who continues to fight in "SAO" which has transformed to a death game. He has the feminin visage and the skinny silhouette but his fight skill is in the top class. He meets a mysterious girl in the new area called "Hollow Area".

That's... I mean that's what... how can they allow a translation like that? :/

Parakeetman

Okay that's a bummer then for a game like this :( Well atleast trying it once with SAO can't hurt because when
if
we reach patch parity since from a quick googling just now it seems to be on a game by game basis with the Vita. Toukiden apparently works JP <---> US while Soul Sacrifice doesn't.

And holy you are right the site translations are Google Translate materials at best o.o

That's... I mean that's what... how can they allow a translation like that? :/

My guess is they used the "Asia" region translations or something. As these most def are not translations done by a native English "speaker".

Interesting, I suppose you folks here in the OT will have to test things out then, as Im far too busy on the weekdays unfortunately to test out anything. Weekends are not any better for the most part. D: Got 2 other OT stuff need to take care of too on top of that... Redoing this, Redoing the Stranger of Sword City OT, Cross Blood Infinity Unlimited... lol

Another funny thing about the US page though is that their trailer is just subtitles put over JP footage. They really must not have had any sort of budget to do things themselves which am sure was frustrating for the team behind the localization on their side. As they most def do know they will be called out on it as Im doing here for example lol.

MSMrRound

My guess is they used the "Asia" region translations or something. As these most def are not translations done by a native English "speaker".

=/ Makes me wished that they could have hired some of us to do a basic playtest for them. There are so many words that could be replaced by better-sounding terms.

So having played FF XIV Online extensively, how well does this game simulate actually being "online?"

If you want to be picky, it doesn't. You are basically trapped in this "game" and you live your live 24/7 around it. If you want certain events to trigger, you can go up to your room in the inn to fast-forward the time. There's supposedly 100+ npcs that are supposed to simulate "other players" that you can interact with, but my interaction with them are very basic. It's more about Kirito, and the partner you choose to take along with for your leveling journey and beyond.

Parakeetman

So having played FF XIV Online extensively, how well does this game simulate actually being "online?"

Bunch of folks wandering around doing their own thing at various times in the game. While the locations of where they may go is pre-determined it does help give the feeling of a virtual world.

Also the combat most def feels like MMO style combat, esp with the type of mindset you need to have with the skill usage.

The feeling when you take down something way higher level than yourself is the same sort of sense of accomplishment when you take down a hard boss in an MMO.

But asides from that its not like there really is trading between players or random dialog and such. Since a lot of the Infinity Moment stuff is still grounded very much from the PSP design elements which is why they did not try to mess with that too much, though the unfortunate bit with that is it shows as being designed on an "older hardware".

Hollow Fragment stuff though is pretty well done.

I suppose it depends on how "in-depth" of a type of MMO experience you are expecting.
Though if its the combat you are looking for this game most def has it.

Interesting, I suppose you folks here in the OT will have to test things out then, as Im far too busy on the weekdays unfortunately to test out anything. Weekends are not any better for the most part. D: Got 2 other OT stuff need to take care of too on top of that... Redoing this, Redoing the Stranger of Sword City OT, Cross Blood Infinity Unlimited... lol

Yeah you are right that's most likely it. What's interesting, I quickly checked the German site and while the translation is clearly based on the English one, the wording and sentence structure is much better so they seemingly only botchered the English translation up o.o

And I would volunteer to test around aslong as I manage to get my PS3 on LAN without "breaking" it :p I modded it with a external 1TB 3.5" HDD but the clamps on the SATA cable snapped so any slight touch and the cable slips out of the PS3's internal SATA connector which is annoying as even with pincers it take me about half a hour to get it back in place :(

Also ugh, I can relate, I wanted to set up a OT for Astebreed and worked on it but due to certain circumstances and exams coming up at the end of the month I have zero motivation to work on it which always gives me the nagging feeling of having disappointed GAF, sigh. But anyway, let me say again, thanks for your hard work Parakeetman, not only with this OT but every other aswell! :)

Parakeetman

=/ Makes me wished that they could have hired some of us to do a basic playtest for them. There are so many words that could be replaced by better-sounding terms.

Id imagine they went pretty low-ball with the translations seeing how they turned out. Cost and whatnots. Ive personally seen what BanNam has done for Asia type of translations and their attitude at times seems to be as long as the meaning gets across it does not need to be perfect. Though it is not as much that they do not care as to them having stuff already locked in initially and the work to change things for a region that is not native English speakers is where the hesitation comes from. Scheduling / Budget issues.

Though it is good to see that they took effort to have made fixes to the text itself from the feedback we have gotten from fellow users here in the OT.

I suppose it is a tradeoff considering. But good to see that all localized regions are getting the large content update.

Yeah you are right that's most likely it. What's interesting, I quickly checked the German site and while the translation is clearly based on the English one, the wording and sentence structure is much better so they seemingly only botchered the English translation up o.o

And I would volunteer to test around aslong as I manage to get my PS3 on LAN without "breaking" it :p I modded it with a external 1TB 3.5" HDD but the clamps on the SATA cable snapped so any slight touch and the cable slips out of the PS3's internal SATA connector which is annoying as even with pincers it take me about half a hour to get it back in place :(

Also ugh, I can relate, I wanted to set up a OT for Astebreed and worked on it but due to certain circumstances and exams coming up at the end of the month I have zero motivation to work on it which always gives me the nagging feeling of having disappointed GAF, sigh. But anyway, let me say again, thanks for your hard work Parakeetman, not only with this OT but every other aswell! :)

Thanks! Its one of the few things I enjoy doing these days, since I dont have that much time to game cept during commutes and when am home am working on a bunch of other stuff on the PC at the same time, which is why I just do the graphics for the OTs at the same time. Found it to be amusing and a good way to actually learn new skills in regards to doing simple graphical editing. Since before all of this pretty much had 0 abilities with this type of work. Which is why all of my previous OTs were pretty much shit personally lol. The SAO:HF one was where things started to come together a bit better, esp having tried out the image links to save space on the post.

Id imagine they went pretty low-ball with the translations seeing how they turned out. Cost and whatnots. Ive personally seen what BanNam has done for Asia type of translations and their attitude at times seems to be as long as the meaning gets across it does not need to be perfect. Though it is not as much that they do not care as to them having stuff already locked in initially and the work to change things for a region that is not native English speakers is where the hesitation comes from. Scheduling / Budget issues.

Though it is good to see that they took effort to have made fixes to the text itself from the feedback we have gotten from fellow users here in the OT.

I suppose it is a tradeoff considering. But good to see that all localized regions are getting the large content update.

Thanks! Its one of the few things I enjoy doing these days, since I dont have that much time to game cept during commutes and when am home am working on a bunch of other stuff on the PC at the same time, which is why I just do the graphics for the OTs at the same time. Found it to be amusing and a good way to actually learn new skills in regards to doing simple graphical editing. Since before all of this pretty much had 0 abilities with this type of work. Which is why all of my previous OTs were pretty much shit personally lol. The SAO:HF one was where things started to come together a bit better, esp having tried out the image links to save space on the post.

I see, well looking over your OTs I didn't get the feeling that any of them are bad and it's great that you could learn something about graphic editing that way. It's a hobby of mine since I joined the internet about 10 years ago and I would say looking at this OT too you definitely do some nice graphics :) I would love to make some more of them myself so I hope I can get the Astebreed one off the ground after my exams.

As for the website, seeing how little text it actually contains I would clean up the translations for them for free :p

Parakeetman

I see, well looking over your OTs I didn't get the feeling that any of them are bad and it's great that you could learn something about graphic editing that way. It's a hobby of mine since I joined the internet about 10 years ago and I would say looking at this OT too you definitely do some nice graphics :) I would love to make some more of them myself so I hope I can get the Astebreed one off the ground after my exams.

As for the website, seeing how little text it actually contains I would clean up the translations for them for free :p

Will be looking forward to your OT as Astebreed does look fantastic. Hopefully tomorrow night will have time to update some of the sections of the OT here. Might try to mess with the FAQ section now actually. I remember though that this OT actually reached the limit for the initial post so will see how much editing I can do.

Will be looking forward to your OT as Astebreed does look fantastic.

It sure is a fantastic game, I was surprised myself and bought it solely on SteamGAF saying it's the closest to a Zone of the Enders 3 we ever get, I wasn't disappointed, especially since it's more or less a indie game :D And thanks, I hope everyone will forgive me with it, I should have it done in July already but I'm weird like this and can't concentrate on my own hobbies when I know I have something else to do even if I have the time :/ My exams phase ends with the last Friday in August so it should definitely get up that weekend!

And hmm about you reaching the OT limit, it's a weird idea I have but maybe a mod can move the current OT to post #2 and you make the edited US/EU OT the first post, forked off the current one?

Things sure are about to get lively and hectic around here eh Parakeet. I'm glad though, back in April and May this place only had a few of us talking here but now? I'm gone for a day and I see how fast this thread has moved.

Parakeetman

It sure is a fantastic game, I was surprised myself and bought it solely on SteamGAF saying it's the closest to a Zone of the Enders 3 we ever get, I wasn't disappointed, especially since it's more or less a indie game :D And thanks, I hope everyone will forgive me with it, I should have it done in July already but I'm weird like this and can't concentrate on my own hobbies when I know I have something else to do even if I have the time :/ My exams phase ends with the last Friday in August so it should definitely get up that weekend!

And hmm about you reaching the OT limit, it's a weird idea I have but maybe a mod can move the current OT to post #2 and you make the edited US/EU OT the first post, forked off the current one?

Nah its ok Ill just make do and cut off some of the media vids to get some space back and see if that works. dont want to bother the mods too much as duckroll already was kind enough to offer their services to help with the title change.

Things sure are about to get lively and hectic around here eh Parakeet. I'm glad though, back in April and May this place only had a few of us talking here but now? I'm gone for a day and I see how fast this thread has moved.

haha no shit right? Was interested to see what kind of impact the 2nd season of the show would have with the game and guess we all know now lol. Indeed very cool to see how folks are all cooperating to help each other out with info. Will be interesting when it goes live and even more new folks arrive.

Since I'm on break from college I'll try to give a hand as much as I can to those who need around these parts. I'm now slowly going through the game due to other releases, but I got quite a bit of first hand experience under my belt with it. A bunch of us do actually, that I can remember, you, Stuart, MRMsRound, among others have in a way or another played the current build of the game (and by that I mean the patched version), and put quite some extensive hours on it. There are others of course, if I did not mention you, do not take offence!

From my side, do not hesitate to ask questions, I really want this game to succeed personally, not just as a fan of the series (yes I like all of the 20 something episodes from season 1, and am thoroughly enjoying season 2. What up) but because the game is just truly fantastic. I would say both this and P4G are in my mind the best RPGs I've played in recent years.

Dragoshi1

So, is there an official US price for the game, yet?

Hopefully it isn't 39.99, and hopefully there's a PS+ discount price of some kind.

I want to play it, but not at a retail style price for a digital only game.

Parakeetman

Since I'm on break from college I'll try to give a hand as much as I can to those who need around these parts. I'm now slowly going through the game due to other releases, but I got quite a bit of first hand experience under my belt with it. A bunch of us do actually, that I can remember, you, Stuart, MRMsRound, among others have in a way or another played the current build of the game (and by that I mean the patched version), and put quite some extensive hours on it. There are others of course, if I did not mention you, do not take offence!

From my side, do not hesitate to ask questions, I really want this game to succeed personally, not just as a fan of the series (yes I like all of the 20 something episodes from season 1, and am thoroughly enjoying season 2. What up) but because the game is just truly fantastic. I would say both this and P4G are in my mind the best RPGs I've played in recent years.

One thing for sure is that "combat-junkies" will love this game. Since the constant rush of just going through enemies and pushing yourself to see how far you can go / survive is quite amusing. Esp with the "unlimited" dungeon, since that thing is pretty crazy as an endurance fights with multiple standard enemies though they do advance in levels the further in the dungeon you progress. While its not much to look at, you can get some damned good combat experience from there learning how to manage your skills / SP better without being able to rely on the extra SP from praises.

Visual reference below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxirQmQkudc

So, is there an official US price for the game, yet?

Hopefully it isn't 39.99, and hopefully there's a PS+ discount price of some kind.

I want to play it, but not at a retail style price for a digital only game.

The thing is even at 40 bucks that is personally too cheap for the amount of content the game contains. If you guys are getting it at that price it would be a steal considering how much time you will get out of the title. On top of it you will be getting the massive content update too.

----

Would like to know the US price as otherwise I can update the bloody OT without it. At least have the Asia / EU price. Wait how much was the Asia / subtitled version? Play Asia is out of stock of it so cant check since the geniuses made the site so that it hides the price when something is sold out.

Parakeetman

If you guys have Facebook, I've started a fun popularity contest. Vote for your favorite character :p http://bngames.eu/SAOcontest (hope it's okay to post this).
#TeamSinon

Sorry for the late reply isshak_gravi, for myself personally I have no problem with you posting whatever community related stuff you want in the OT. Though if something you are really unsure of would be the best to run it by a mod first to be safe. :)

Parakeetman

Why would a Vita game be $60? I don't think there's ever been one that cost more than $40.

Actually Im pretty sure there have been titles in the 50 USD range. Though using Amazon and such its pretty easy to find lower priced ones.

My guess would this is going to be 40-50.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I'm pretty sure they announced that the price was going to be $39.99 in a press release I got. Lemme go back and check.

EDIT: Yup. Here we go.

BANDAI NAMCO GAMES AMERICA INC. ANNOUNCES FREE DLC BUNDLE, CHARACTER REVEALS AND A SCHEDULED MAJOR UPDATE FOR SWORD ART ONLINE: HOLLOW FRAGMENT

Prepare to Engage in Dazzling Swordplay and Enjoy even more Exciting Content on the PlayStation®Vita

SAN JOSE, Calif., (August 12, 2014) - In anticipation of the fast-approaching August 19th launch of the PlayStation®Vita game SWORD ART ONLINE: Hollow Fragment, BANDAI NAMCO Games America Inc. today announced that players will be able to enjoy an exciting DLC Costume Pack for free starting from launch until November 18th. The DLC pack will include a wedding dress, dress shirt, nightie, and school swimsuit for all the heroines to adorn.

Take up your swords and fight to conquer the perilous world of Aincrad! The SWORD ART ONLINE: Hollow Fragment adventure will present epic and breathtaking encounters that will occur on the 75th floor and above due to the exhilarating burst gauge combat and the twisted storyline wrought upon the players as a result of the sinister plots of the player killing guild "Laughing Coffin." Key characters will impact the course of the story as the main character, Kirito, battles his way to the top floor.
&#8203;Heathcliff is the leader of the guild "Knights of the Blood Oath," but his real identify is Kayaba Akihiko, the creator of Sword Art Online. Why is he still here when his death was assumed after his duel with Kirito on the 75th Floor&#8230;?
&#8203;Alberich wished to participate with the Assault Team on 75th Floor and higher. He leads a capable fellowship of men, dons powerful and fine equipment and possesses high enough skills to fight on the front line. However, his true ability is a well-kept secret&#8230;
For fans who will want even more Sword Art Online excitement, a major update will be available after launch on September 23rd to extend the already-thrilling and plentiful Sword Art Online experience. This free update will raise the level cap from 200 to 250 and provide an estimated 30 hours of additional gameplay including 50 new Hollow missions and heroine quests, new bosses, weapons, armor, areas and more!

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment will be available in the Americas on August 19th, 2014 exclusively for PlayStation®Vita via digital download only at $39.99. The special DLC Costume Pack will be free to download for a limited time from August 19th &#8211; November 18th and will not be available as free or paid content beyond those dates. For more information about BANDAI NAMCO Games America Inc., please visit www.bandainamcogames.com.

Parakeetman

I'm pretty sure they announced that the price was going to be $39.99 in a press release I got. Lemme go back and check.

If so that should keep most folks happy. Considering the announcement of the free large content update too.

Ive been trying to search but no concrete info out there at least not from initial hits.

Fantastic thank you for the info will add it to the OT. Even the official HP didnt have the price listed initially on the bandai namco game site. Or more like hardly any info at all lol.

kayos90

If so that should keep most folks happy. Considering the announcement of the free large content update too.

Ive been trying to search but no concrete info out there at least not from initial hits.

The price was announced with the patch PR but you guys I believe got the EU version because that's where isshak works. I had both the the US version and EU version lol. But yes, it is 40 bucks. =D

Parakeetman

The price was announced with the patch PR but you guys I believe got the EU version because that's where isshak works. I had both the the US version and EU version lol. But yes, it is 40 bucks. =D

Very good to hear, that should make folks happy then. As its a steal at that price. Thanks again for the info its much appreciated!

kayos90

Very good to hear, that should make folks happy then. As its a steal at that price. Thanks again for the info its much appreciated!

I first thought 40 bucks were over priced since most games I buy for the Vita are 30 but it really is a steal, especially for fans of the series and other RPG players. Pretty excited for others to play so I can test multiplayer.

Dragoshi1

40? Eh, it'll have to wait until my next payday, then.

I still have P4G and AKiba's Trip to play, anyway. Not in a rush to pick it up.

Actually, I'll just jump in when the big content patch launches.

Parakeetman

I first thought 40 bucks were over priced since most games I buy for the Vita are 30 but it really is a steal, especially for fans of the series and other RPG players. Pretty excited for others to play so I can test multiplayer.

Truthfully Im quite concerned with how pricing of things is going in the US for localized titles, due to how much work goes into it and budget, makes me wonder how do companies for said region profit when they have to sell it so low.

As here in Japan games are still quite expensive and this is for domestic stuff now mind you.

Really do think that eventually the constant low-balling that goes on is eventually going to cause some blowout eventually with the market. As games get more expensive to develop yet people constantly want things cheaper something is going to give in the end...

---

Back on topic indeed would be interesting to hear what more folks think of the MP aspects of the game. Even more so if in-fact using Ad-Hoc party would work with the title or if Xlink Kai is a possibility. Unfortunately no one posted in the other thread so guess no info currently from GAF users who are experienced with the software / attempted with a Vita.

40$ and you get one of the most rich Vita games content wise that it's out now. You have At least 80-100hrs just with the vanilla version. Slap the patch on top and you got another minimum of 30 right on top.

kayos90

Truthfully Im quite concerned with how pricing of things is going in the US for localized titles, due to how much work goes into it and budget, makes me wonder how do companies for said region profit when they have to sell it so low.

As here in Japan games are still quite expensive and this is for domestic stuff now mind you.

Really do think that eventually the constant low-balling that goes on is eventually going to cause some blowout eventually with the market. As games get more expensive to develop yet people constantly want things cheaper something is going to give in the end...

I think with the way NB handles localizations like these is that they see it as an investment for the future and not necessarily solely on profit margin. Granted I'm sure they forecasted to make a certain amount of money based on how much they spent on the localization. I haven't seen the credits for the game but I don't think they got someone expensive. 40 seems in line with the bigger localization projects.

Parakeetman

I think with the way NB handles localizations like these is that they see it as an investment for the future and not necessarily solely on profit margin. Granted I'm sure they forecasted to make a certain amount of money based on how much they spent on the localization. I haven't seen the credits for the game but I don't think they got someone expensive. 40 seems in line with the bigger localization projects.

These days though with how all companies are hurting in one way or another and it shows by their general output in comparison to the past most def they are thinking more about profits. Truthfully the translation part isnt really the big issue in terms of costs its more the overall work that goes into putting said translations into the game and the whole process that comes with making sure a product that can pass submission is made.

The thing is it may seem in line, but thats only because the market is demanding a certain price point which is the issue Im concerned about, as eventually it will not be profitable to constantly keep dropping the price so low even more so when after prices are slashed once again and all the sales that go on in the US.

As mentioned before the issue is costs of development go up with games becoming more complex and specialized with the various types of backend stuff used. But if the price said games can be sold at keep dropping there will be an issue eventually where its too difficult to support as an actual business model. Even more so with localized titles.

Though do understand what they are attempting is the numbers game which is following the pricing that the market demands and pray that the sales numbers will back it up. Otherwise can see them bleeding out financially on various localized projects. But of course budgets / schedules would be drawn up so if X number of sales is met at least things could break even. Its hitting the mark or not is the question.

While it may not happen tomorrow I really do not see it being something positive if consumers keep demanding things be cheaper yet want the latest and greatest as realistically that doesnt work. Has been a long running concern of mine now in general with the industry watching how things are going in the West and peoples conception of what value is.

Stuart444

I mentioned the price would probably be $39.99 just purely on the fact that most companies never convert between US Dollars and Euros. And it's 39.99 euros soo...

Still, at least a proper confirmation should make people happy.

I probably won't play much of SAOHF outside of checking out the localization initially since ToX2 is out a few days later (Friday) but I'm keeping this thread on my sub list so I'll be checking back and helping folks if I'm able to. :)

Hope everyone who is getting the game enjoys it. It's awesome!

Shizuka

I mentioned the price would probably be $39.99 just purely on the fact that most companies never convert between US Dollars and Euros. And it's 39.99 euros soo...

Still, at least a proper confirmation should make people happy.

I probably won't play much of SAOHF outside of checking out the localization initially since ToX2 is out a few days later (Friday) but I'm keeping this thread on my sub list so I'll be checking back and helping folks if I'm able to. :)

Hope everyone who is getting the game enjoys it. It's awesome!

I've posted the actual confirmation of $40 pages ago from Namco US Tumblr.

Top Bottom