• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment |OT| Now in English | #YOLO - You Only Live Online

Einbroch

Banned
I watched a few gameplay videos posted in this thread, and while it looks fun, I simply cannot forgive the translation. There are sentences that don't even make sense. I can forgive some Engrish. I can forgive typos. I can't forgive not understanding what the heck I'm reading.

I'll wait for a sale, but for those without these hiccups, I hope you enjoy it! It does look a good time.

Destructoid said that the game is short at the end of the review... *checks 80hr save file with neither arc completed*

From Destructoid's review:
You'll need that excitement if you want to make it through the roughly 50+ hour tale, because there's lots of grinding involved as you complete typical MMO kill quests to unlock floors and make your way to the end.

There's also a New Game+ to keep you going -- so if you're looking for a lengthy RPG, this is it.

kaiyo

Couldn't you just use the web store to initiate the download? I remember doing that before

Yes it does if you're a PS+ member (who has a PSV and isn't a PS+ member?)
"Content will start downloading after your PS Vita is turned on. PlayStation®Plus members can also set their PS Vita to automatically check for updates and pending downloads."

Thought wonder when it checks for updates and pending downloads.

But what about this at the bottom of their review? Now I'm confused but w.e LOL
Destructoid said:
7/10 Good: A solid game that definitely has an audience. Might lack replay value, could be too short or there are some hard-to-ignore faults, but the experience is fun. Check out more reviews or the Destructoid score guide.

That's what I was talking about LOL. I did see the 50+hour mention which is correct for even Aincrad alone. But then at the end he goes and says that it's short... Ahaha.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
That's what I was talking about LOL. I did see the 50+hour mention which is correct for even Aincrad alone. But then at the end he goes and says that it's short... Ahaha.
Isn't that the score explanation unrelated to the reviewed game? Like "7/10 games are...". It's a quite common practice afaik.

Mrcapcom

already had impressions/reviews from the Asian version, this is basically the same game

yup, still a buy for me, besides the reviews don't mention the localization issues (lol)

I think i can live with the localization issues. As long as its Krito Asuna Fanservice and good battling/ Grinding for weapons etc im down

I just want to know how widespread the poor localization is. Is basically every line awkward and poorly communicated? Does it read like some marching translated garbled mess? Or is it just a a mistake every now and then.

ramyeon

I just want to know how widespread the poor localization is. Is basically every line awkward and poorly communicated? Or is it just a a mistake every now and then.
Not every line but it is pretty often judging from BlueMaxima's video. Did you watch that? It should give you a pretty good idea within the first 10 minutes or so.

Doombear

Yup! Thanks for the heads up, Ryuukan. 80 minutes left on the download, and about 90 minutes until lunch break =)

I was wondering, as I started being unable to even get to the SEN games page at all about 15-20 minutes ago.

Top Bottom