• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment |OT| Now in English | #YOLO - You Only Live Online

ys45

So when is this coming out in NA ?
I'm on eastern time here, I hope it will be available when I get back from work at around 5pm

100down/50up here (<3 Germany)

But I have to wait a bit more :( pls don't say how good the game is... (</3 Germany)

Don't make that sound like it's universal, I'm stuck with 1.3mb/s down and 100kb/s up D:

And I ask the same, 40&#8364; PSN credit get and about 22 hours to go! :p

Woo!!! All done downloading
1db.png

matmanx1

Downloading! Looks like it is going to take around 80 minutes. Hopefully that's true so that it will be well completed by the time I head out of here at 5pm. Nice of Grace Chen to have it ready so early!

nikos

Vita backlog is large right now, in addition to an already huge gaming backlog, but I've been waiting months and just watched the anime in anticipation of this so...bought!

Doombear

Downloading! Looks like it is going to take around 80 minutes. Hopefully that's true so that it will be well completed by the time I head out of here at 5pm. Nice of Grace Chen to have it ready so early!

Agreed, and nice of Ryuukan to let us know too, because I am still unable to actually get through on SEN. Just "loading..." forever.

Someone needs to edit the Guinea Pigs GCT gif where just one little one gets through... wearing Kirito's trench coat. =)

Yasumi

Banned
Vita backlog is large right now, in addition to an already huge gaming backlog, but I've been waiting months and just watched the anime in anticipation of this so...bought!
Ugh, same. I've got Phantom Breaker Battleground, Akiba's Trip, Soul Sac Delta, two Ateliers, FFX/X-2, XBlaze, Hot Shots Golf, and this on my plate right now. The ride never ends.

Rnr1224

Wow this game looks pretty fun. I'm a fan of the anime so I may pick this up soon. Will read through some impressions first though.

Mendax

Wow this game looks pretty fun. I'm a fan of the anime so I may pick this up soon. Will read through some impressions first though.

there are impressions of the game itself aplenty, look at the first few pages of this thread.

impressions of the new translation though... :p

Ryuukan

Already noticing some of the asian release screens are different in this one, its not the same script for sure.

Edit: O for confirmation????? What is this witchcraft

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I don't think I've ever heard the word used like the way it was in reference to dungeons before honestly lol.

The whole penetrate thing most def is thanks to someone using google translate instead of knowing what they are actually doing with translating...

Stuart444

Already noticing some of the asian release screens are different in this one, its not the same script for sure.

One of the few western releases to use the Japanese system. Only other one I can think of is FFVII off the top of my head lol.

Parakeetman

Here's our review, I'd love it if you could add it to the OP :)

http://nichegamer.net/reviews/sword-art-online-hollow-fragment-review/

8.5/10

I played it myself and really enjoyed it, although I did have minor issues like silly mistakes in the script, visuals feeling like uprezzed PSP textures, and so on. But as a fan of the series, I was really damn happy :3

Yep will add it to the OP need to make a Review banner, though I forgot what all the font sizes I used was. D:

maouvin

Incoming "I can't save" posts.

Is your Vita US or JP? If the latter it might just pick up the systems default.

Parakeetman

My vita is a red blooded American

If thats the case then yeah its hard coded into the game. Seriously its like they did little to no work on the title and just threw the Asian version in. As generally for the West they will switch O to X.

Must mean that the Asian version O was confirm too then eh?

Stuart444

My Vita is Japanese (bought it with the in-built capture stuff from that site that sells them) but since I set my Vita to UK, the system stuff uses the western system of X for confirmation rather than the Japanese circle for confirmation.

Parakeetman

I think I got too focused on the textures and such. i just hoped it would've been a bit prettier

The Infinity Moment sections are not nearly as nice looking as the Hollow Fragment bits. So you would notice a huge difference between the two as one is based off of last gen hardware constraints and the other was built off of the current Vita platform.

maouvin

My Vita is Japanese (bought it with the in-built capture stuff from that site that sells them) but since I set my Vita to UK, the system stuff uses the western system of X for confirmation rather than the Japanese circle for confirmation.

Weird. I have a jp 2000, US account and have to circle my way around system-wise.

--

And of course, my download queue still has everything "waiting". Le sigh.

Kensuke

I'm having a hard time understanding what some skills actually do.

'Grants ATK DW', 'Grants Dark L1' - what do DW and L1 stand for? Any way to look this stuff up in-game?

Parakeetman

I'm having a hard time understanding what some skills actually do.

'Grants ATK DW', 'Grants Dark L1' - what do DW and L1 stand for? Any way to look this stuff up in-game?

DW should be Down.

L1 should be Level

Try check if the game has a digital manual.

Parakeetman

I literally never need manuals so never check. No idea what kind of info is in it either. Id imagine would be a mess seeing what kind of quality didnt go into the localization lol.

Bad localization makes Sachi cry.

sLLX5km.gif

Top Bottom