• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment |OT| Now in English | #YOLO - You Only Live Online

I could see the Vita version looking like this, if anything at a lower res. I mean the shots look great, but they don't look like something that the Vita can't do.

Mailbox

I could see the Vita version looking like this, if anything at a lower res. I mean the shots look great, but they don't look like something that the Vita can't do.

yeah. that's true.

I guess I kinda just worried myself since some massive places in the hollow area frame drop a lot. Still excited and hope for a localization (one that's better this time)

I was looking at the shots from my phone, but looking more closely at the Leafa screenshot on my computer, I think that one comes from the Vita (more jaggies on the outer lines of the character model, UI seems lower resolution as well).

I could be wrong, but I'd like to hear what you all say, the quality seems slightly different on that one. And by no means am I saying that the shot looks bad! Because really, so far I seem to be the only one who really is looking this deep into it :p

koutoru

SAO: Lost Song Producer on using original Heros

“I’ve actually been thinking about how I’d like to make a game like that…” says Futami.

“If we were to make a game like that where you, yourself, and not Kirito, would be in there making friends with Asuna and the others—putting that into a story would be difficult,” elaborates Kawahara.
“In that case, we’d have to make an original heroine as well. However, I think that playing a game like that would also be fun.”

Futami then explains that SAO is about the story of Kirito and friends, so it’s important to have the right depictions for those who like Kirito and Asuna, along with their relationship with the other characters.
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/10/2...ossibility-original-hero/#ps6Hp70bv4w4qV1Z.99

Cross posting this from the PS TV thread since it's relevant.:

It's not looking good that Sword Art Online will ever be patched for PS TV compatibility in America.

Just received this email on Facebook from Namco Bandai Games:

"Sword art online teams worked hard on the free DLC and the huge patch we released lately but the compatibility with PS TV is not scheduled to be added. Sorry"
++
Tony

A little upsetting, I want to play this on the big screen so my only option is to import the Asian English language version.

Many of you are already playing this on the Vita, however, we'd appreciate it if you could send a message to Namco Bandai as well and request that they do schedule this. I'd love to support the US version, but as is, I won't buy it if I can't play it on my PS TV.

“Lost Song is a title for consoles, so making it into something that can easily be played by players is its premise. However, this title is not an RPG, and focuses on the action [instead], so I believe it will be a perfect fit to enjoy the world of ALO.”

Did they say something similar about the previous games as well or will this not even be the same genre as HF?

Siliconera

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Cross posting this from the PS TV thread since it's relevant.:

It's not looking good that Sword Art Online will ever be patched for PS TV compatibility in America.

Just received this email on Facebook from Namco Bandai Games:

"Sword art online teams worked hard on the free DLC and the huge patch we released lately but the compatibility with PS TV is not scheduled to be added. Sorry"
++
Tony

A little upsetting, I want to play this on the big screen so my only option is to import the Asian English language version.

Many of you are already playing this on the Vita, however, we'd appreciate it if you could send a message to Namco Bandai as well and request that they do schedule this. I'd love to support the US version, but as is, I won't buy it if I can't play it on my PS TV.

Thats a goddamned shame considering how it works perfectly fine on the PSVTV here in Japan. With the halfassed clown job they did with the Western version cant imagine there was much work involved seriously. Seeing how it was just the Asian text ported over for the most part.

Thats a goddamned shame considering how it works perfectly fine on the PSVTV here in Japan. With the halfassed clown job they did with the Western version cant imagine there was much work involved seriously. Seeing how it was just the Asian text ported over for the most part.

Apparently later that day the US digital game started working for people. Not sure if Sony just added it to the whitelist or what, but very interesting considering the timing of that note that a few other people and I received from Bamco.

As I see it the big change in gfx between HF and LS (except for cleaner geometry) are more advanced shaders and as I understand it shaders are one of the things that the ps3 does much better than the Vita, so I hope that you are right but I don´t think you are.

Parakeetman

Apparently later that day the US digital game started working for people. Not sure if Sony just added it to the whitelist or what, but very interesting considering the timing of that note that a few other people and I received from Bamco.

I really dont get how it wound up messed up in the first place since the title literally worked from day 1 in Japan. Which had me thinking that it was already in the code of the game itself.

Unlike other titles that need to be updated first.

As I see it the big change in gfx between HF and LS (except for cleaner geometry) are more advanced shaders and as I understand it shaders are one of the things that the ps3 does much better than the Vita, so I hope that you are right but I don´t think you are.

Doubt it will be such a huge change, just more for people who dont want to play on a handheld device / dont own a PSV TV. Which apparently is a lot of people considering its not like the unit itself sold gangbusters in country. If anything things might look a bit smoother really in regards to anti-aliasing and such. A pretty good example that some here would understand (importers that is) are those folks who have both the PS3 and Vita version of the Sen no Kiseki series. As thats the type of quality you could expect.

The upside is since the devs behind the SAO game seem to know what they are doing with the Vita we can expect loading times to be decent just like they were with SAO: HF. So the chances of us having to worry about which game will load faster will be lessened. Though still could imagine if the game allowed for a full install on the PS3 the newer systems (not the OG fats) loading might be faster than the vita. But we wont know till its out.

The vita will still be the lead platform as Id imagine it will be what it will sell more on considering the fanbase made from the psp / vita versions of the game itself.

minty_jpg

I finally got around (and the funds) to pick this up on PlayStation TV. I haven't started it, but any tips/suggestions before I do?

Parakeetman

I finally got around (and the funds) to pick this up on PlayStation TV. I haven't started it, but any tips/suggestions before I do?

hang around in aincrad till you figure out what you are doing with combat and skills as its easier.

from there start the adventure in the hollow area just knoe that enemies are much stronger than the ones in aincrad so be sure to always check enemy levels before fighting.

also if your partner dies its game over so keep an eye on them also

minty_jpg

hang around in aincrad till you figure out what you are doing with combat and skills as its easier.

from there start the adventure in the hollow area just knoe that enemies are much stronger than the ones in aincrad so be sure to always check enemy levels before fighting.

also if your partner dies its game over so keep an eye on them also

thank you for the tips ^^

Malyse

Hello!

I've made a new community to talk about Monster Hunter/PSO styled games like SAO: Hollow Fragment located here, and I would love it if y'all popped in.

What do you think of the rumor that SAO:LS will have full on character creator?

Parakeetman

Hello!

I've made a new community to talk about Monster Hunter/PSO styled games like SAO: Hollow Fragment located here, and I would love it if y'all popped in.

expect this post of yours to be deleted. thats twice now you go spamming your own OT into others.

Malyse

expect this post of yours to be deleted. thats twice now you go spamming your own OT into others.

Well, I wouldn't expect that. Nothing in the TOS against it. Crosslinking posts is done all the time on these forums, but I'll let the mods decide. I've seen other OT's do it as well, in any case.

Doombear

I dunno, I don't mind. It is relevant in a way. I am all for fans of the genre, even loosely connected, connecting with other games that they may not know about. It is a great OT too... though a third plug may be a little much, and I would probably call it at two.

Malyse

That being said, if it does get deleted:

Hikami

Well then.. no Kirito in sight here.
http://gematsu.com/2014/10/sword-ar...es-new-area-vorklinde-ps-vita-limited-edition

SAOLS_Dengeki_10-29-14_001.jpg

-Horizon-

Worries me that they still haven't shown any Vita screens.
(?) I think
As long as it looks and runs better than HF, I'm not gonna be mad. I mean, it doesn't even need to look as good as that screen you posted but I'd be very happy if it looked like that.

Hikami

More stuff, Vita LE

Additionally, Bandai Namco revealed a limited edition for the PS Vita version of the game. For 9,980 yen, it will include a special box, special Blu-ray disc, soundtrack CD, special booklet, and 12 clear posters. The standard edition of the game will cost 7,120 yen on PlayStation 3 and 6,170 yen on PS Vita.
SAOLS_Inside_10-29-14_001.jpg

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Hey guys a question, if i clear floor 100 the game ends definitively or like certain open world games it lets me continue after the ending, or to be clearer, should i finish the Hollow Area and all the secondary tasks before clearing floor 100?
I know there's ng+, but i don't want to play it again, i have too much backlog :(

Parakeetman

Hey guys a question, if i clear floor 100 the game ends definitively or like certain open world games it lets me continue after the ending, or to be clearer, should i finish the Hollow Area and all the secondary tasks before clearing floor 100?
I know there's ng+, but i don't want to play it again, i have too much backlog :(

Beat the hollow area first. Then go clear the tower. And you should be able to continue after.

matmanx1

Nice looking LE for Lost Song. I wonder if there is any possibility of a physical release in English for Lost Song since it seems like HF did ok. At any rate, I need to get back in to HF. It's fantastic but Destiny has been taking most all of my gaming time lately since I have RL friends who also play it.

Talax

How are they tracking digital sales? Sony?

Either way that's amazing. No wonder they went ahead with lost song. Well deserved sales.

Mendrox

So how is everyone? I am already at 70 hours and did the following:

- Finished Hollow Area Story
- Got costumes for 3 girls
- Every weapon 1000/1000
- Many sidequests
- Floor 93

I heard that there is a misable Strea CG...when does it appear? And what do I have to do?

Also:

- How do I get Ragnarok?
- That one Empress Dual Sword Skill
- How many Hollow Quests do you have to do, to level an area up?

Quoting this from here, for some reason the screenshot gallery won't open for me: http://gematsu.com/2014/11/sword-art-online-lost-song-debut-screenshots

Bandai Namco has released the first set of direct-feed screenshots of Sword Art Online: Lost Song.

The images showcase the world of ALfheim Online—or more specifically, Svart ALfheim, an new continent made up of several floating islands on which the game is set. The first island is called Vorklinde, floating grassland where you’ll find windmills and other large structures.

You’ll also see the game’s 360-degree flight action battles. Players wil be able to fight freely in aerial battles just like the TV anime. You can fight on the ground, as well, and the transition between sky and ground battles is said to be “seamless.” In dungeons, ground-based battles are prevalent.

Also shown are parties and playable characters. Players can bring two other characters of their choosing into battle with them. And Kirito doesn’t have to be among them. Lost Song gives you the option to choose which character you play as. Characters shown in the screenshots include Kirito, Leafa, Asuna, Silica, and Lisbeth.

Sword Art Online: Lost Song is due out for PlayStation 3 and PS Vita in Japan on March 26.

Top Bottom