• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment |OT| Now in English | #YOLO - You Only Live Online

Talax

Quoting this from here, for some reason the screenshot gallery won't open for me: http://gematsu.com/2014/11/sword-art-online-lost-song-debut-screenshots

Bandai Namco has released the first set of direct-feed screenshots of Sword Art Online: Lost Song.

The images showcase the world of ALfheim Online—or more specifically, Svart ALfheim, an new continent made up of several floating islands on which the game is set. The first island is called Vorklinde, floating grassland where you’ll find windmills and other large structures.

You’ll also see the game’s 360-degree flight action battles. Players wil be able to fight freely in aerial battles just like the TV anime. You can fight on the ground, as well, and the transition between sky and ground battles is said to be “seamless.” In dungeons, ground-based battles are prevalent.

Also shown are parties and playable characters. Players can bring two other characters of their choosing into battle with them. And Kirito doesn’t have to be among them. Lost Song gives you the option to choose which character you play as. Characters shown in the screenshots include Kirito, Leafa, Asuna, Silica, and Lisbeth.

Sword Art Online: Lost Song is due out for PlayStation 3 and PS Vita in Japan on March 26.

If they nail the aerial battle, then this is probably gonna be my favourite game on vita.

If they nail the aerial battle, then this is probably gonna be my favourite game on vita.

Totally agree. Hollow Fragment was probably the most fun I had with my Vita this year. I don't regret one bit the price I payed when I imported it back in May, the game gave me so many hours of content that was different from anything that I had tried before, and plus, my favorite characters were all there :p

Hikami

Quoting this from here, for some reason the screenshot gallery won't open for me: http://gematsu.com/2014/11/sword-art-online-lost-song-debut-screenshots

So many images.. and only one of Asuna.. :I
Sword-Art-Online-Lost-Song_2014_11-09-14_044.jpg
Blue Asuna is best Asuna.

I still need to finish Hollow Fragment, probably wont get back to it until the end of November.. so many other games coming out.

I still need to finish Hollow Fragment, probably wont get back to it until the end of November.. so many other games coming out.

You must link me please LOL. If I try to access the gallery, I'm redirected to a non-existant page! I get this:

The requested URL "http://gematsu.com/gallery/sword-art-online-lost-song/november-9-2014/" cannot be found or is not available. Please check the spelling or try again later.

Strange.. that link works fine for me, try the dengeki page maybe? Same images there.
edit: actually.. i think there are more images than on the gematsu one there
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/953/953551/

You know what I got it lol, firefox is just acting weird. It works fine on chrome :p but thanks for this link, the more the better

EDIT: There's one thing that I noticed. This might not even be final or anything, but the UI with the skill selection isn't there. Could they be straying away from that system? :( I actually liked it a lot.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
You know what I got it lol, firefox is just acting weird. It works fine on chrome :p but thanks for this link, the more the better

EDIT: There's one thing that I noticed. This might not even be final or anything, but the UI with the skill selection isn't there. Could they be straying away from that system? :( I actually liked it a lot.

What UI with skill selection pic are you talking about in that dengeki link there really isnt anything that is showing any sort of skill selection UI?

What UI with skill selection pic are you talking about in that dengeki link there really isnt anything that is showing any sort of skill selection UI?

That's what I said, there's none on those gameplay screens, which they say are direct feed screenshots. It's not showing skills to select, you know on the sides of the screen. Like the L and R stuff? But you still see the health bars at the top... Meaning that might just be it, and there might not be a skill palette anymore...

Idk I might not be making myself too clear.

deanote666

I created my account when I got this game and just got activated!!!

I just want to say thanks to the OP for this amazing thread and the updates on the first page!

I'm currently level 153 at 165+ hours of play time.

I just got to the point where I can go through the concealed area without getting decimated. Does anyone have any tips on the 2 ultra hard bosses (the ones that unlock after the grand quest)?

Parakeetman

That's what I said, there's none on those gameplay screens, which they say are direct feed screenshots. It's not showing skills to select, you know on the sides of the screen. Like the L and R stuff? But you still see the health bars at the top... Meaning that might just be it, and there might not be a skill palette anymore...

Idk I might not be making myself too clear.

i wouldnt base anything off of screenshots since these days they are mostly made for pr bullshit. who knows what version of the game they were done from also.

best thing to do is wait a bit more for a more in depth article from famitsu and dengeki that would show what the gameplay mechanics are.

deanote666

i wouldnt base anything off of screenshots since these days they are mostly made for pr bullshit. who knows what version of the game they were done from also.

best thing to do is wait a bit more for a more in depth article from famitsu and dengeki that would show what the gameplay mechanics are.

The game isn't finished (probably) yet so how the final interface will look isn't finalized. They may also have chosen to not show all the icons so you can see more of the battle graphics.

Idk I have total trust and faith on these devs. They totally nailed it with HF, I'm sure they will be able to do it again. This time with a better English translation too, since they recognized how bad the other one was. I already put the pretty order in, and the money shall be cast aside once a concrete release date drops for the Asian release. If it's anything like HF it'll be a month or so apart from the Japanese release. Probably around April or May.

I got this recently and have no idea what I am doing. Haha. I was prepared after reading the OP to just be dropped in without a tutorial but damn, I didn't expect the learning curve to be so high. I think I should watch the tutorial vid.

Parakeetman

I got this recently and have no idea what I am doing. Haha. I was prepared after reading the OP to just be dropped in without a tutorial but damn, I didn't expect the learning curve to be so high. I think I should watch the tutorial vid.

yeah if you are unsure what to do most def check out the tut vids to get you started!

Talax

The latest set of Sword Art Online: Lost Song screenshots introduce the game’s base city, the Sky City of Line, as well as online multiplayer, Sword Skills, and new characters Sinon and human-size Yui.

Sky City Line

Sky City Line is the center of Lost Song‘s story, where various stories will begin. Here, you’ll find a weapon and workshop, and other businesses and adjoining buildings.

SAOLS_11-20-14.jpg

Four-Person Online Multiplayer

Up to four people can play together online. Choose a quest and cooperate to clear the mission. Players can pick which character they’d like to play as.

The press release also clarifies Yui will not participate in battle.

More detail + screenshots at link

Sword Art Online: Lost Song screenshots show base city, multiplayer, more

Parakeetman

perorist

Unconfirmed Member

I'm pretty relieved it's not going to follow the Titania Asuna storyline. Was going to skip it if it did. Will definitely be picking it up now.

MSMrRound

Mother Rosario arc is making me want to get back to playing the game to unlock Yuuki as a partner.

She's just too dang cute in the anime.

deanote666

I agree. The new Philia is very "Sinon-ish".
At least the hair is explained by her being a Spriggan (but why is she wearing blue then?)

Why am I not surprised by the new pic of Asuna? Kind of wish they would tone down the fan service a bit though.

Approaching 200 hours on Hollow Fragment!

Should we start a LS thread or too soon?

Parakeetman

My guess is that Agil will be another character added in this time around. Since like in that special episode he was present as an actual fighter.

Top Bottom