• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Memory Defrag |OT| A Little Kirito in Your Pocket

Articalys

Okay, so let me see if I've got how the elemental properties work here:

- Fire > Wind > Earth > Water > Fire for weakness/resistance
- Light and Dark are weak against each other
- Only character element matters for the above
- Equipment matching character element (including nonelemental) gets a 20% boost to its stats

Is that about right?

Okay, so let me see if I've got how the elemental properties work here:

- Fire > Wind > Earth > Water > Fire for weakness/resistance
- Light and Dark are weak against each other
- Only character element matters for the above
- Equipment matching character element (including nonelemental) gets a 20% boost to its stats

Is that about right?

Pretty much yes. Some monsters have extra weaknesses / resistances though, like the guardians in the latest event. Those are weak to all elements but dark in the second round

Articalys

Thanks. Yeah, obviously they can just create enemies with unique properties whenever they want too.
That does mean a lot of elemental weapons are really limited in their best use cases. Guess it'll be a few months before there's a good supply of 4* characters for each element...

And now, Kirito's VA Yoshitsugu Matsuoka rapping in a CM for the game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEmJ_qrNj6M

Articalys

Man, this game was really not designed for fighting multiple aggressive enemies.

edit: finished the werewolf event, now I can focus on the guardians one. Until they release another new event in a few days...

Man, this game was really not designed for fighting multiple aggressive enemies.

Any particular reason for that comment? The Auto-targeting can get a little wonky at times but you do have lock-on. I've been trying out turning off auto-run and still haven't gotten used to it yet. On the plus side i don't run off chasing enemies on the other side of the screen, but then if the enemy walks away I find myself swinging at all really often.

Any tips for using the event Asuna / mages in general? The attack windup seems really long and prone to missing unless you are inline with the enemy, which opens you up for attack. Also should i be using the charged attack? Or spam the tap attacks to get mp for more skills?

Articalys

Any particular reason for that comment? The Auto-targeting can get a little wonky at times but you do have lock-on. I've been trying out turning off auto-run and still haven't gotten used to it yet. On the plus side i don't run off chasing enemies on the other side of the screen, but then if the enemy walks away I find myself swinging at all really often.
Well, since that post I've gotten matched with better groups and it hasn't been as painful. Knowing how to play your proper team role is a must for event bosses. But yeah the lag can make thing confusing.

Feel like this game is going to cool off on a lot of the casual audience pretty quickly once they've managed to run through all the available story.

chrono01

Oh great, there's like ten billion announcements that just hit because of the movie.
It's honestly a little too much. I'm still working on max'ing the free Asuna, then I have the equipment event to do and then a new ranking one? I mean, I'm happy for content, but having three events run at the same time is a bit much, especially when they're timed. :/

Yes, Ordinal Scale banner has been confirmed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MemoryDefrag/comments/5uqzlz/datamine_next_global_banner_is_ordinal_scale/

Articalys

Yeah, apparently OS and Wind are supposed to drop at the same time? Not sure. Been working through the rest of the events to prepare!
I mean, trying to parse through it all:

- movie banner from 2/18-3/17 with characters who are super OP
- movie quest in same timeframe, with ranking event from 2/18-2/26 for special 4* characters
- movie characters as login promos
- 150 gems as movie login bonuses
- one-per-player guaranteed 4* 11-pulls each for characters and weapons
- double exp on rabbit missions and double Col on Sunday missions
- EX versions of dailes
- drop in gems needed for grabbing extra treasure chest items and reviving in battle
- some kind of gacha 4-for-1 weapon trade to make it fairer for people who keep pulling junk

edit: apparently they updated a lot of other random stuff that brings it more in line with the JP version, like ability to sell materials, new MP communications phrases, and preparing the UI for some kind of new skill slot feature that was recently added to JP.

Raika

Mfw my guaranteed 4* is a dupe of the only 4* I have.

lnbZdHB.png

I'm fucking done lol.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I have to call to quits officially on this game. Using all farmed diamonds, I did 7 10+1 pulls. I got 2~4* characters, one of which was my guaranteed 4*. The rates are rough. I am glad I never spent money on this, because I'd be so so salty right now.

Instead, I suspected this to be a possibility, but had a small hope that this wouldn't happen. My last pull was 11~2* duplicates. :lol

But nonetheless, it was a great time while it lasted. I just cannot invest anymore time into the gacha system like this.

chrono01

lnbZdHB.png

I'm fucking done lol.
Holy shit, that luck. :(

I have to call to quits officially on this game. Using all farmed diamonds, I did 7 10+1 pulls. I got 2~4* characters, one of which was my guaranteed 4*. The rates are rough. I am glad I never spent money on this, because I'd be so so salty right now.

Instead, I suspected this to be a possibility, but had a small hope that this wouldn't happen. My last pull was 11~2* duplicates. :lol

But nonetheless, it was a great time while it lasted. I just cannot invest anymore time into the gacha system like this.
What were your 4* character pulls? Sorry for that luck, though. :/

Pulled 4* OS Lizbeth.

Looks like Skill Slots are in the game now.
Yeah, I pulled her too. Not sure if she's good or bad, she seems pretty slow. But then, I guess she's a tank (a healing one at that), so might get some use?

As for all of my pulls:

Multi #1 (guaranteed one):

Philia

Multi #2:

OS Sinon
OS Kirito

Multi #3:

Nothing

Multi #4:

OS Lisbeth

I really wanted OS Silica and Asuna, but I do have SAO Silica who's similar to the OS version in that her third skill heals and boosts her attack. It doesn't do damage, like OS Silica's does, but it'll do.

Articalys

Got Seven and nothing else of importance with my guaranteed character gacha. Too bad I don't have any good staff weapons. Will do the guaranteed weapon gacha later.
Need to decide how much more to pull now for characters.

edit: did an 11-pull, got two of the movie Kirito, so that's a free limit break right away, I guess.

Wow rush of activity in the thread.

Got Undine Asuna and Lambent Light (4* rapier) for my guaranteed pulls, and I have no rapier users...

Ranking event is pretty hard. The bug with knockdowns means that my ALO Silica and Leafa are pretty much worthless (I get 1 hit and then the boss is invulnerable instead of falling to the ground for more hits), so i was soloing purely with Yuuki. Even a near perfect run barely gets me S in EX (1:5x timing).

Spent diamonds and got OS Silica, and my timing dropped to 40+ s in EX. Not sure how I feel about this. It can be partially attributed to me having 2 heroes instead of just 1 (so less time regaining MP), but Silica was taking an entire health bar off with SS3. It probably means that anyone who didn't get an OS drop is pretty much out of the running for the ranking event, which kinda sucks, but we did just skip 6 months worth of content so its power jump instead of power creep.

linkent

My Seven account got OS Asuna and OS Liz :O
Also Liz 4* Weapon.

Still have that Yuuki account that Psyfer gave me, if anyone interested.

MiTYH

Did my guaranteed 4-star pull, got 4-star Rain (multi-wielder). Seems to be an alright B unit. But I'll save the rest for that wind banner we should be getting eventually

chrono01

Got Seven and nothing else of importance with my guaranteed character gacha. Too bad I don't have any good staff weapons. Will do the guaranteed weapon gacha later.
Need to decide how much more to pull now for characters.

edit: did an 11-pull, got two of the movie Kirito, so that's a free limit break right away, I guess.
Nice get on Seven. My guaranteed was Philia, which is a lot less ideal. :/

Congrats on the Kirito, BTW. He's an absolute monster.

5 multipulls on the new OS banner, and not a single 4* in 55 pulls...

Time to reroll, I guess... :/
Man, that's pretty depressing. :(

What did you get on your guaranteed pull?

Wow rush of activity in the thread.

Got Undine Asuna and Lambent Light (4* rapier) for my guaranteed pulls, and I have no rapier users...

Ranking event is pretty hard. The bug with knockdowns means that my ALO Silica and Leafa are pretty much worthless (I get 1 hit and then the boss is invulnerable instead of falling to the ground for more hits), so i was soloing purely with Yuuki. Even a near perfect run barely gets me S in EX (1:5x timing).

Spent diamonds and got OS Silica, and my timing dropped to 40+ s in EX. Not sure how I feel about this. It can be partially attributed to me having 2 heroes instead of just 1 (so less time regaining MP), but Silica was taking an entire health bar off with SS3. It probably means that anyone who didn't get an OS drop is pretty much out of the running for the ranking event, which kinda sucks, but we did just skip 6 months worth of content so its power jump instead of power creep.
Congrats on the OS Silica.

The power jump is pretty massive, for sure. I honestly didn't expect us to get this banner, but I'm glad we did.

My Seven account got OS Asuna and OS Liz :O
Also Liz 4* Weapon.

Still have that Yuuki account that Psyfer gave me, if anyone interested.
Congrats on the OS Asuna/Liz. Both seem like great characters.

I have Liz, as well, but I haven't used her a whole lot yet. Her HP/DEF is insane, and she hits extremely hard for a tank. On the downside, she's a bit slow, but I guess she had to have a flaw somewhere.

I'm interested in seeing how all of these characters rank afterwards.

So after my guaranteed 4* being the absolute disaster it was, this just happened.

XoURaUl.png

What the fuck.
Never give up!

Congrats, man. OS Kirito is insane, and OS Sinon has the potential to be top-tier as well (she's basically a better Fire Sinon, who was already top-tier).

Did my guaranteed 4-star pull, got 4-star Rain (multi-wielder). Seems to be an alright B unit. But I'll save the rest for that wind banner we should be getting eventually
Honestly, this banner is better than the wind one, considering it's the most recent (Japan received the wind banner a nice time ago). If you're going to pull, now would be the time honestly.

MiTYH

Honestly, this banner is better than the wind one, considering it's the most recent (Japan received the wind banner a nice time ago). If you're going to pull, now would be the time honestly.

Ugh, fine I'll do ONE more multi...

Oh, 4-star [Hero's Return] Kirito. So um.... thanks!

Articalys

Should I even bother trying to scout again? This is my current 4* lineup:

[Dragon Tamer] Silica - previously main DPS, not at full potential since the best dagger I have is only 2*/3
[Undine Healer] Asuna - main for the fire dragon and werewolf events, with the 4* water event gear and a 3*/4 water rod
[Star Scientist] Seven - basically a light-element version of Asuna, but with no matching elemental gear
[Hero's Return] Kirito - equipped with 4* sword and the 4* OS coat/augma. As noted, ridiculously broken.
and of course the promos so far (FD Kirito, both Asunas, Yuna).

chrono01

Should I even bother trying to scout again? This is my current 4* lineup:

[Dragon Tamer] Silica - previously main DPS, not at full potential since the best dagger I have is only 2*/3
[Undine Healer] Asuna - main for the fire dragon and werewolf events, with the 4* water event gear and a 3*/4 water rod
[Star Scientist] Seven - basically a light-element version of Asuna, but with no matching elemental gear
[Hero's Return] Kirito - equipped with 4* sword and the 4* OS coat/augma. As noted, ridiculously broken.
and of course the promos so far (FD Kirito, both Asunas, Yuna).
It's up to you. Honestly, you have a nice variation of characters (DPS in Silica/Kirito, Mage in Seven, and Healer in Asuna).

A tank might be nice, which Lizbeth looks great for, but it's one out of a handful of characters so your odds are against you. You could wait to see if they do specific character banners (where only a few characters are available, apparently Kirito/Asuna will be receiving one) and try there, or you could just wait for the next banner. Maybe spend a few fragments for weapons, depending on what you have so far? 4* weapons aren't required (although they help a lot), as a fully-leveled 3* weapon will help you a lot.

MSMrRound

Rolled twice, got a OS Lisbeth as guaranteed 4* the first time, and then a OS Silica for the second roll. Could have been better, but not complaining (except for the fact that it wasn't OS Sinon since I like her look D=)

Kettch

I'm fucking done lol.

I'd rather have gotten a dupe than SAO Agil...

Did 12 pulls on the new banner and got OS Silica to go with my SAO Silica though, so I'm happy about that!

Shoyz

I wish I realized how important weapon gachas were. I just assumed "Characters will be gone forever, whereas I can just use the free weapons they give me instead of wasting MD on them".
Little did I realize that not only is the gacha 4* sword almost twice as powerful as my free sword, but more-so factoring in the higher 20% element bonus (which I'm lucky to have at all with the free sword). My limit break from a 4* dupe only gave about 100ATK, but the gacha sword is about /800ATK/ stronger. Yikes..

My gacha luck so far has been really sporadic. I chanted to myself "Please no Agil or Klein' three times before bracing myself for disappointment, rolling my guaranteed 4*, and got...Agil. Followed by my guaranteed weapon being a Mace. I have no Lizbeth.

I then got too impatient to wait for boosted rates on the standard gacha (especially with the ranked event being too short to wait), and just went for it, hoping to get an Asuna from six 11-spins.
With approximately a 36% chance of getting a 4-star from an 11-pull, I was hoping to get at least two 4-stars, preferably three. I got five.
Kirito, Kirito, nothing, then a Silica, followed by another Silica, and lastly another Kirito.
I'm swimming in hacking crystals but I don't have a weapon to my name.

In exciting news, they announced that due to a mistranslation on the original banners (stating you'd get /more/ than one 4-star), they seem to be working on compensation for anybody that pulled them before the text fix. Refunds/second free spin incoming?

Articalys

Yeah, it's kind of BS that you need like triple luck with gacha to be strong enough to be top tier --luck to get a good character, luck to get a good weapon, and luck that they actually match. My guaranteed 4* roll weapon was a mace, and the only mace users I have are all 2*.

It feels like it's even worse in this game than others because the gap between 3* and 4* strength is ridiculous.

Hycran

Banned
I was one of the people who pulled under the old banner so i thought I was getting more than one and didn't. I pulled Rain who was a dupe so i pumped my old one up to 90, but I got that unreal sword from the 4* weapon pull. Powered up the Augma, Coat and Sword to max and am now rank 4 in my OS Group. Rain doesn't attack quick enough to really get into the top tiers, but I went to master+, hit almost every parry and grinded the guy down for a 711388 score with a 200k clear bonus for 911k score. I see a lot of players with stronger characters that could easily leap frog me, and I can only really squeeze out an extra 100-150k points so i'm probably done for the time being in ranked mode, but it was fun nonetheless.

Hope I get a MD refund and can pull silica or asuna from the MD banner...

Hows the ranking event going for everyone?

I'm currently 4th with 989k points, but I'm pretty sure the first 3 are hackers (they have 1.4M with crappy teams). There's like 5 ppl close behind though, all with OS chars and good weapons. I'm working with OS Silica and a 3* gacha weapon, so I just want to break 1M for now, not sure if I can keep ahead of whales the whole week.

If you guys can share the top few ranks and their points, that would be nice. Reddit with their stories of perfect 1.3M runs is making me think I have no chance of being in the top 3.

On that note here is my current squad:

ALO Yuuki
ALO Silica
ALO Leafa
ALO Asuna
OS Silica
OS Sinon
OS Yuna
Maxed Freerito
Maxed Titania Asuna
Camisole Asuna

My relevant weapons
4* Lambent Light
4* Elater (OS mace)
3* Sword (neutral)
3* Dagger (Light) x3
2* Gun
All 4* event weapons & armor

Total mismatch between my characters and weapons. If they give a refund, thinking of rolling some more, but weapons or chars? I could use a 4* gatcha dagger, sword, or gun (or get a 3* dagger that lets me upgrade), or I could just hope for Asuna or Lisbeth.

Hycran

Banned
Hows the ranking event going for everyone?

I'm currently 4th with 989k points, but I'm pretty sure the first 3 are hackers (they have 1.4M with crappy teams). There's like 5 ppl close behind though, all with OS chars and good weapons. I'm working with OS Silica and a 3* gacha weapon, so I just want to break 1M for now, not sure if I can keep ahead of whales the whole week.

If you guys can share the top few ranks and their points, that would be nice. Reddit with their stories of perfect 1.3M runs is making me think I have no chance of being in the top 3.

I'm also at 989k now after putting together a one hit run on master+. If you get a perfect run (which my second place guy has) you hit 1M and change. There's been a consistent pruning of hackers from my leader board but the current first place is at 1.15M and change with what appears to be a team capable of producing a result like that. The beautiful thing about master+ is that you can consistently get that score without being a whale, you just have to be flawless.

I'd say the big thing is parrying his spirit balls. They put him into a two cycle stunlock which allows moves like starburst stream or mothers Rosario to get the full combo which gives the bonus damage necessary to clear it quickly. I'm using a level 90 rain with upgraded ss3 and the OS Sword and armour, so she simply isn't capable of soloing the content fast enough. Oh well!

I'm also at 989k now after putting together a one hit run on master+. If you get a perfect run (which my second place guy has) you hit 1M and change. There's been a consistent pruning of hackers from my leader board but the current first place is at 1.15M and change with what appears to be a team capable of producing a result like that. The beautiful thing about master+ is that you can consistently get that score without being a whale, you just have to be flawless.

I'd say the big thing is parrying his spirit balls. They put him into a two cycle stunlock which allows moves like starburst stream or mothers Rosario to get the full combo which gives the bonus damage necessary to clear it quickly. I'm using a level 90 rain with upgraded ss3 and the OS Sword and armour, so she simply isn't capable of soloing the content fast enough. Oh well!

Hit 1.11M after a near perfect run, hopefully a flawless run will let me hit the 1.2M threshold. I can parry the spirit ball, but sometimes it ends my combo even after the successful parry. And the stun is inconsistent whether it lasts one or 2 cycles. Thinking about just dodging it to guarantee a high combo count, but i guess I should just parry and hope for a lucky run where it doesn't end the combo.

I think 1.11M is high enough that a slow but flawless master+ run can't over-take me, so I should be able to get a good sense of who's competing as the week goes on.

Did another 150 pull for weapons, and got OS Kirito's sword. Somehow I managed to get 2 OS chars and 3 4* weapons and none of them match lol. Well its still very good luck for an F2Per, so can't grumble too much.

chrono01

So apparently on 2/24, we're getting a 1 Memory Diamond summon for both the character and weapon gatcha, with a guaranteed 4* as compensation for the earlier typo in the banner saying that it guaranteed "more than one 4*'. Not bad!

I was kind of disappointed when I summoned and only received a single 4* character/weapon in my guaranteed pulls, especially since they were Philia and a healing staff. Here's hoping I get something better for round two...

Hycran

Banned
So apparently on 2/24, we're getting a 1 Memory Diamond summon for both the character and weapon gatcha, with a guaranteed 4* as compensation for the earlier typo in the banner saying that it guaranteed "more than one 4*'. Not bad!

I was kind of disappointed when I summoned and only received a single 4* character/weapon in my guaranteed pulls, especially since they were Philia and a healing staff. Here's hoping I get something better for round two...

I think its BS seeing as everyone gets the benefit, so if I had saved my crystals I would be way in the black. Obviously this is the easy way out and I wasn't too disappointed with my pulls but it would be nice to see a more custom solution.

I managed a perfect master+ with Rain for 1M points and was in third place but I've just been bumped down to 4th. I realized today that a bunch of cheaters are going to spam the leaderboard with an hour to go so I shouldn't expect any great reward, but I was hoping for a top 10 finish. It's sad knowing that if I had OS Asuna I could probably top my group...

Edit: the leaderboard shows me as rank 4 but I'm tied with the third place guy and the quest window shows me as third. Would be interesting to see how that plays out at the end of the event.

Double edit: nvm now 4

chrono01

I think its BS seeing as everyone gets the benefit, so if I had saved my crystals I would be way in the black. Obviously this is the easy way out and I wasn't too disappointed with my pulls but it would be nice to see a more custom solution.
Actually, apparently for those that didn't pull on the guaranteed banner, they still need to do so in order for the 1 MD banner to appear, so it's all the same in the end.

I seriously hope something like this doesn't happen again, though. While the compensation is acceptable, it's just unprofessional. I'm surprised the banner went live as it did.

Articalys

The samurai boss on M+1 is bullshit if you don't have a perfect character + gear setup and ridiculously reliant on luck that he uses the right moves in the right order. If you get nicked by anything even once, it's over.

Hycran

Banned
The samurai boss on M+1 is bullshit if you don't have a perfect character + gear setup and ridiculously reliant on luck that he uses the right moves in the right order. If you get nicked by anything even once, it's over.

With the right strategy you can grind him out. A lot of his moves can be parried as well. As long as you are dashing you can usually stick and move. Even though my character is geared, I won because I'm good not because rain is OP. Learn his patterns and hang in there, if I can do it anyone can.

Articalys

With the right strategy you can grind him out. A lot of his moves can be parried as well. As long as you are dashing you can usually stick and move. Even though my character is geared, I won because I'm good not because rain is OP. Learn his patterns and hang in there, if I can do it anyone can.
The problem is that he requires normal action game reflexes, and this game was not designed around that. Normally you can prepare for attacks against a boss like this with both visual and audio clues, and the visual clues are usually distinct enough to be easily discerned from one another, but neither applies in this case; he has two different tells for a one-handed slash, except the parryable one has a punishingly low reaction time, so if you misread it either way you either try to parry the one you can't and take the hit, or dodge the parryable one and likely get hit by the followup (stab and drag), which pretty much eliminates any chance of a health bonus.

And outside of the opening set of moves (two vacuum waves followed by wide area unblockable), he has no pattern. Even the snake attacks that he's supposed to use after each health bar is depleted don't always come out at the same time each round.

Also, since the battle tends to push him towards the edge of the stage, it makes it harder to actually see which attack he's preparing and react in time, as well as just giving less room to dodge as well.

The race between the 2nd place guy and me is heating up. I was at 1.11M and he was at 1.10M, and we are both using OS Silica with 3* Light Dagger.

Put a little separation between him and me by getting 1.13M, then had probably the best run yet. Kept my combo streak up throughout the first 3 bars of the boss, managed to parry his snake into the defense down debuff and decided to go for it. Took half his lifebar with SS3, defense debuff stayed on for another go, and casted SS3 again, hoping he would die. His lifebar was gone but he didn't die. Panic spammed switch and Sinon casted SS1 and killed him just before his sword swung down.

Final score: 1.18M, 0 damage taken 1:17

Not sure how I can improve on that run, I have a decent lead over 2nd place now, but 3rd and 4th place are only just starting Master +1 and have 4* weaps. Not sure how I can shave 3 secs from my time to get to 1.2M, I have already put all I can into skill slots, don't have hacking crystals for LB, don't have any other weapons. I suppose I could toss my saved up 400 MDs to try again for more weapons, but I already did an 11 pull to no success and there is the comp incoming.

Draggy's Guide to OS Ranking Event:

Boss Attacks:
Sonic Wave:
Description: One vertical slash (parriable), followed by one horizontal slash (not parriable, likely to guard break, can be jumped over).
Recognise this by: Long orange zone of damage
Deal with it by: If far away (so you have to deal with the waves), run around the vertical slash, jump over the vertical one. If nearby, parry (wait just a bit longer than the stab attack). If you dodged, go behind him and keep attacking, his second slash will hit below him but not behind.

Stab & Drag:
Description: One quick stab infront of him(parriable), followed by a rush towards you dragging his sword (parriable).
Recognise this by: small orange zone of damage
Deal with it by: If far away,let him stab and parry when he reaches you. If nearby, parry quickly. If you think you can't parry on time (or are not going for a no damage clear) block the stab, and parry the rush. If you dodged instinctively behind him, you can parry the drag portion even if you are slightly outside the drag hitbox (this is really good to ensure you are not missing out damage and keeps him close to you, missing the parry doesn't hurt you also)

Iai Slice:
Description: Puts his sword in its sheath, pauses, wide area attack (unparriable,guard breaks)
Recognise this by: wide purple zone of damage
Deal with it by: Dodge downwards. Its really difficult to avoid if he is at the bottom of the screen. If you want to risk it, you can rush in for a stab or 2 before you dodge down. After the slice, go back up and keep hitting him.

Slice:
Description: Slices down(unparriable,does not guard break), slices again (parriable, does not guard break)
Recognise this by: small purple zone of damage
Deal with it by: Dodge diagonally down to avoid the purple slice, then back up behind him to parry the second slice. Alternatively if you are just slightly below him, just dodge behind him and get ready to parry. The 2nd attack is probably the easiest to parry attack. The first attack is also the easiest to get hit by, since it comes up pretty quick and you can't parry. If you know you are going to get hit, block (it doesn't hurt much), and parry the 2nd one.

Snakes:
Description: Jumps away from you, fires snakes (parriable) which stun you if hit
Recognise this by: Will usually occur each time you take a health bar, usually one attack after the bar is depleted. Its usually the only time he jumps away from you, so watch out for that. Usually an audio cue as well.
Deal with it by: If you don't care about your combo count, dodge away, which gives you ample time to parry it back at him. Staying still and parrying also works, but the timing is fairly tight. To guarantee you keep the combo, dodge diagonally and rush him (parries sometimes break the combo even if you take no damage). If he gets hit by the reflected snake (some parries send the snake in other directions) he suffers a defense debuff. This usually (but not always) lasts for 2 rounds of attacks.

Strategies:

Note: Only Tested with OS Silica, other chars may get away with more or less attacks

Slow and safe way (untested): Dodge behind him. He doesn't really have any moves that hit behind him except for the wide unparriable attack (which is really slow, and you can dodge down to avoid) and the second swing of his slash (first swing is unparriable, second swing is easy to parry and time)

Greedy way: Besides parrying the attacks, you can squeeze in extra stabs in between nearly every single one of his attacks. This helps ensures your combo count never drops. Your routine becomes Dodge -> stab twice -> Parry -> SS3 -> stab twice -> Parry -> full chain of attacks (for MP) -> stab twice, etc. For example the wide Iai Strike becomes stab twice, dodge down (to avoid the strike), stab twice, prep for next attack.

Hycran

Banned
Are the OS characters better than wind banners? If so I might just start tripping scouts. I've looked for info in the usual places but it's not as clear cut as I'd like it to be.

chrono01

Are the OS characters better than wind banners? If so I might just start tripping scouts. I've looked for info in the usual places but it's not as clear cut as I'd like it to be.
They are. All five are amazing, if you get at least one (or multiple) you're set. The wind banner is still nice, but if you're going to pull now is the time.

I'd recommend at least doing the first/second guaranteed pulls, for both the characters as well as weapons. The second guaranteed pull won't arrive until later, but from what I've read you need to do the first guaranteed pull in order to do the second guaranteed pull for 1 Memory Diamond.

Hycran

Banned
They are. All five are amazing, if you get at least one (or multiple) you're set. The wind banner is still nice, but if you're going to pull now is the time.

I'd recommend at least doing the first/second guaranteed pulls, for both the characters as well as weapons. The second guaranteed pull won't arrive until later, but from what I've read you need to do the first guaranteed pull in order to do the second guaranteed pull for 1 Memory Diamond.

I ripped a rain dupe from my first pull on the first day for crystals and got the sword from the first pull as well so I was still ok with the results.

Decided to rip a 10 spot - OS Asuna holeeee. Now my team finally doesn't have welfare 4* in it. Decided to rip for her weapon, first 150 had shit in it, second had an Elater and Sinons rifle. Managed to get an earth dragon stinger so her DPS should be good enough to get me back into the higher ranks. Currently at 6. Really hoping for the best on the free pulls so I can keep the 550 I have currently.

Kitoro

So after dumping 5 multipulls and walking away with zero 4*, I re-rolled until I got an OS character on my first 25 pull (OS Silica). My first guaranteed weapon pull was a 4* dagger (water, sadly, but good enough), then my guaranteed 4* character was OS Asuna. I then did an 11 pull on the new OS Kirito/Asuna banner, and got 2 OS Kirito and an OS Silica (yay instant 100 hacking crystals)!

Not bad for a brand new F2P account, and I've still got 700+ diamonds left to grind out from story stages and events. So glad I ditched my launch account, and I'll never look back.

Top Bottom