• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Memory Defrag |OT| A Little Kirito in Your Pocket

Articalys

Well, that's my cue to drop the game. Either you pay to win, or you have to get stupid lucky. I'm unwilling to do the former and didn't get the latter, so there's no point to playing any more right now.

Somebody let me know once they actually update the story through GGO.

Well, that's my cue to drop the game. Either you pay to win, or you have to get stupid lucky. I'm unwilling to do the former and didn't get the latter, so there's no point to playing any more right now.

If I might ask, why? From your previous posts, it seemed you had a pretty good team including the OS chars. If its about ranking, it was always going to be dominated by whales, but top 10 plus getting the other gold medals gets you 6 in total, so one char every 2 rankings doesn't sound too bad.

Fell out of first place, other guy beat me by 2k points 1.186M to 1.184M. Not planning to go after him for now, instead i'll grind the new event to boost my attack and unlock all those tasty skill slots. That should be enough of a boost to get to 1.2M. Thankfully everything important drops on EX, I can clear master but its always a close thing, and what I need are void medallions that drop at pretty much the same rate.

Hycran

Banned

The last part of your quote indicates that you're just salty about not being able to advance your rank even with good characters. I'm not trying to call you out, but blaming the game and saying you have to get lucky to succeed just isn't true. Keep practicing and develop some strategies that will help you succeed.

Fell out of first place, other guy beat me by 2k points 1.186M to 1.184M. Not planning to go after him for now, instead i'll grind the new event to boost my attack and unlock all those tasty skill slots. That should be enough of a boost to get to 1.2M. Thankfully everything important drops on EX, I can clear master but its always a close thing, and what I need are void medallions that drop at pretty much the same rate.

My group is a bit less competitive than yours but I hit 1.08 with a non perfect run and without the three second combo skill for Asuna. Super pumped about this event as I can ramp her up to the max. Just wish I had her courage for maximum effect!

Edit: grinded out the +5% and plus three seconds combo badge and put together a 1.175M run. Near flawless with a little hiccup in the beginning getting knicked by the blade for 200 dmg and a few missed opportunities. The guy ahead of me is only past me by 15k which boils down to maybe two seconds. At the very least I've slammed myself firmly into third place and definitely into the top 10. If I could be second or third I'd be ecstatic given my asuna is still only level 80.

Double edit: flawless 1:16 run carrying a combo the whole time to 1.188M, just need 1:15 for second place!

Final Edit: the perfect run... Flawless, no damage 1:08. Even managed to barely leapfrog the number one player. Feels good to be the captain. I really gotta get courage so I can go sub one minute.

Articalys

The last part of your quote indicates that you're just salty about not being able to advance your rank even with good characters. I'm not trying to call you out, but blaming the game and saying you have to get lucky to succeed just isn't true. Keep practicing and develop some strategies that will help you succeed.
This is the most hilariously two-faced quote I've read in a while. "I'm not calling you out, I'm just calling you a whiny bitch instead!". You really don't think it's true that people with multiple matched OS characters and weapons have an advantage over those with only one OS character with a subpar weapon?

Kitoro

This is the most hilariously two-faced quote I've read in a while. "I'm not calling you out, I'm just calling you a whiny bitch instead!". You really don't think it's true that people with multiple matched OS characters and weapons have an advantage over those with only one OS character with a subpar weapon?

That's how gacha works, though. Some get screwed and work with what they have and press forth until luck finally does shine down on them, some get very lucky and reap the spoils of their fortune, some commit lots of time and dedication to re-roll and play god to get exactly what they want, while the rest pay. You're either one of those and enjoy the game, or you get frustrated from bad luck and quit.

No single one way is better than the other, but that's what it comes down to.

In some games, I take my lumps and press forth and eventually end up with a top tier team through perseverance and patience, other times I re-roll, sometimes I spend, and I've also quit before. I know what it's like to fill the shoes of all those mindsets.

Hycran

Banned

They definitely have an advantage, but I was ranked third in my group with my perfect run with Rain and would still be in 7th based on my groups current rankings.

Obviously the gatcha giveth and the gatcha taketh, but almost everyone can be competitive and given how many free MC's they give out I sincerely doubt that a player with the right amount of dedication can do quite well for themselves.

My gatcha hasn't been great, but I've done well for myself at all stages with what I have. No luck involved.

Edit: the guy in second who had 1.22 just got 1.28 lol no way I can catch him unless I somehow pull courage. Totally fine with second. Hope it holds.

Articalys

The real problem is that you still need some measure of luck to make up any gap in character/weapon strength. Skill plays a role, but to get the absolute top positions can be a matter of seconds, so even if your play is perfect, if you never get a good order of attacks on a flawless run you can still end up buried beneath several others on the leaderboard.

Did you fail to make the jump at the start? Start over.
Were you a fraction of an inch still inside the unblockable attack range? Start over.
Did you misread an attack and get hit? Start over.
Did he suddenly backdash away from you, causing your combo to timeout? Start over.
Did your special attack fail to track properly and miss? Start over.
Were you attacking him from the back and your attack accidentally caused you to step into his attack range? Start over.

Did you fail to make the jump at the start? Start over.
Were you a fraction of an inch still inside the unblockable attack range? Start over.
Did you misread an attack and get hit? Start over.
Did he suddenly backdash away from you, causing your combo to timeout? Start over.
Did your special attack fail to track properly and miss? Start over.
Were you attacking him from the back and your attack accidentally caused you to step into his attack range? Start over.

Well I get how you have to start over and over to get a good score. I do it all the time myself, but I think its more a lack of skill on my part than luck. I think I have to restart like 15% of the time at the start, but that percentage is falling as the week goes by. Also, the greedier you play (for minimising time taken), the higher the chance of failure.

I agree this part is kinda up to luck. Combo duration up definitely helps with it. But I think combos might also drop if you just hold block too long. I certainly feel the combo drops a lot less often if i wait for the ball and immediately parry instead of blocking and waiting for it to come.

In other news, I broke 1.2M with a flawless full combo 1:08 run to get 1.24M. Definitely room for further improvement as Sinon had mana for another SS3 which should be a decent amount of burst, and Yuuki never did anything. Sadly #2 immediately beat me with a 1.28M run. We both have OS Silica and R3 equips so the difference probably lies how we are using the other chars. Does anyone have any idea what SAO Kirito has for his skillslots? I saw he has a transform battle skill to deal greater damage to non-Elemental.If it becomes the same as the OS chars, I can see why he's keeping up with me. And the whales are coming! I saw several parties of double OS chars with good weapons climbing up the ranks, so even top 3 will be hard if they keep at the ranking

Kitoro

Why are you guys even jumping?

Just dash diagonally downwards against the very bottom wall, and you can just bypass them entirely and wind up right in place to intercept his dash attack before he even starts moving. :p

Still really enjoying this game. Real glad that master difficulty for the griffin is challenging in multiplayer. It's really fun when you still need to employ skill in multi. Feels great when we pull through then congrats spam. Where's my liberty tho?

Hycran

Banned
I just decided to go all in and ripped OS Silica and Sinon from the banner. I ripped another two weapons and still don't have Asunas rapier or silicas dagger. I feel like I might as well blow all of my MD at this point in time as after this ranking event I might quit. I really enjoy the game but there is too much of a time investment required... With new events always happening it's annoying to miss stuff as well.

chrono01

I just decided to go all in and ripped OS Silica and Sinon from the banner. I ripped another two weapons and still don't have Asunas rapier or silicas dagger. I feel like I might as well blow all of my MD at this point in time as after this ranking event I might quit. I really enjoy the game but there is too much of a time investment required... With new events always happening it's annoying to miss stuff as well.
I'm kind of there with you. It's just so much grinding, and it seems like we often have multiple events running at the same time. I know I could pick and choose the ones I want to work on, but the completionist i me can't help max'ing every free units/weapon/armor/accessory/etc. It's just too much of a time commitment for me. :/

Oh, the second guaranteed banners are out (for 1 MD). Funny thing? On the first one, I got a Philia. The second...yeah, another Philia. Thanks, game! For the weapon, I got a 4* water dagger I'll probably never use, since my two dagger-wielders are non-element types.

I got Kirito/Sinon/Lizbeth on this banner, and Lizbeth's mace after two weapon multi-pulls, but it still feels so grindy for me. I'll wait and see how I feel later, but with next month being as full on games as it is, I'm debating dropping more than a few of my gatcha games.

Hycran

Banned
I'm kind of there with you. It's just so much grinding, and it seems like we often have multiple events running at the same time. I know I could pick and choose the ones I want to work on, but the completionist i me can't help max'ing every free units/weapon/armor/accessory/etc. It's just too much of a time commitment for me. :/
, I'm debating dropping more than a few of my gatcha games.

Feel the exact same way. I have a very busy schedule as well so adding a heavy grinding game in just doesn't work. Then of course there is the lingering pay to win aspect as well. Ultimately I'm going to finish pretty high in my group and high amongst all players, so I already know I've essentially reached the skull cap as well. There really isn't a challenge any more so might as well throw my ranking tag on and do the final uninstall this weekend. Very fun while it lasted though!

Articalys

Got SAO Lisbeth and Philia from the apology 1-diamond scout, and while the latter is pretty much useless since I have Silica (in fact, I would have rather gotten a dupe for a free limit break), at least the former, if low tier, can make use of the 4* mace I got from the first guaranteed weapon roll earlier. And for the apology weapon roll I got a 4* sword, which while not the OS weapon, is still better than any other sword I have. So much low-tier junk though... is any of it worth keeping or should I just sell it to make room for event stuff?

Yeah the amount of grind required is quite a lot. Then again, just 2 weeks ago we were complaining about lack of content =).

I think the main problem is the skill slot quest, Without it, the amount of content is just right for me. But skill slots seem so very useful and we have no idea when events like that are coming back, so every one is rushing to max their chars (and also to boost their ranking just a bit more). And the whole server pretty much dumped their diamond stock into OS chars, all of which need void medallions, and you only get 1 per quest. I think if they bump master to have a chance to drop 5 medallions at the chest, and 2 for EX, it would balance the grind out nicely. Each OS char needs ~ 80 void medallions and if you have 3 that's 240 runs of the quest.

I was actually considering maxing Yuna to see how well she does on the master quest, but I don't really want to grind for void medallions any further. At first glance she seems decent, a 4* sword with 1000 ATK and +10%ATK (low crit, but you are parrying for free crits anyway), bonus to non-elemental skill slot, and works with the OS equipment. Her base stats are decent too. But too much grinding even for me. That said we have 3 more weeks of the quest, so I might just do it slowly for completion's sake.

I got reinforcements for the ranking, pulling SAO silica and OS Lisbeth (and I already have her mace), + a 4* dagger. Its water elemental, but still better than my previous one. Once I max her skill slots (had enough crystals and pots to max her instantly), its off to ranking again. Somehow, I dropped to 5th!?? They don't seem like they are hacking, but I'm really surprised so many people can pull off 0 damage full combo clears, since I feel like I'm the only person who parries in multiplayer. But everyone else got reinforcements too, so we'll see what happens

Made it to rank 34 on the ranked quest by hitting him with OS Kirito's ultimate then 2nd skill. Grinding for money and crystals is killing the game for me though.

Kettch

Whew, spent more hours than I probably should have practicing the ranking event. Ended up with a 42 second run, good for a second place currently, ignoring the obvious cheater. Need to get down to 40 seconds for first, might be doable I guess.

OS Silica with her dagger is pretty nuts, if only I had the reflexes to deal with that no parry overhand attack more consistently I could probably put up a really nice number.

Kettch

Huh, I didn't even notice that we could farm our skill slots up, not the most informative banner. Any idea what the candy box drop rate is? Wondering how long I'm gonna be at this.

EDIT: I just used OS Silica for 42 seconds. Max 4* dagger, level 80 and the freebie skill slots. Level 3, level 1, level 1 or whatever it is we could get.

I'm down to 47s, but I took chip damage on the last attack (couldn't dodge in time, so blocked) leaving me 1k points behind first place. I really need to figure out how to add Sinon into the team though, she's just sitting there looking pretty while Silica and Liz do all the work. Bringing her in after a parry leaves her far away from the boss, so I can't switch back without losing the combo, and between Liz and Silica, I only need 1 autoattack sequence (to gain mp) to kill the boss. Will probably keep trying to get 1st, but not spend as much time on it as I have.

Candy Box rate is apparently 5% for Ex and 15% for Master from the notice. That said, my limiting factor was void medallions, not candy boxes.

Best run (0:47)
OS Silica Lvl 80 4* Water Dagger (all skill shots except combo time lvl2)
OS Lisbeth Lvl 80 4* OS mace (all skill shots except combo time lvl2)

Less luck needed with gatcha run (1:07 or thereabouts)
OS Silica with 3* Light Dagger (all skill shots except combo time lvl2)

I think a good rule of thumb is count how many attack sequences (each about 5s) you need to kill the boss and then add a few seconds to it. I needed 8 (7SS3 + 1 to regain MP) in total. Kettch probably needed one less (since OS dagger gives him enough for 4 without auto attacking, but he's soloing so I guess 6 SS3 + 1 for MP). Or I might just be under estimating just how good a matched weapon is (20% boost is a lot)

Ala Alba

I'm thinking of stopping playing this game.

The only reason I haven't already is because I'm spend way too much money (I just had to get a specific character (yeah, I know, it was stupid)).

This game just takes too much time.

It would be great if I could get someone to buy my account, though. Does anyone know what kind of websites I should be checking that might handle that kind of stuff?

Also I love the new event with the minotaurs. Theres at least some strategy instead of just pounding at the boss with the most dps that you have. Most random groups do just pound on the gold one though.

Managed a very nice clear (0:44) with a team that knew what it was doing. We parried the gold one and then aimed the black one. Then switched to elemental characters to kill the gold one.

if you have ALO Leafa and ALO Silica, their SS3 does wonders on the gold one (they count as magic), so if your groups are just trying to nuke it down, that will help a lot

Articalys

Okay, so I'm going to come clean, all the time I was complaining I was also actually gradually improving things bit by bit, and after I got lucky with the apology weapon roll I was able to make better progress. I just managed to get a 0-damage run in 1:05, which puts me at 1.23m, but the whales are moving faster and faster, so I'm worried I won't even be able to hang in the top ten.

OS Kirito Lv. 80, Skills Lv. 2/1/2
4*/5 Bound Tachi
4* OS Coat
4* Augma

The only ways I can see to improve are if I try rolling endlessly for the OS sword, or limit break (not sure which stat to pick though). I suppose a third option would be to build up another character that can take over if I run dry on MP on the last life bar to get the last bits of big damage out faster, but I'm not sure if I have someone that fits the bill.

Okay, so I'm going to come clean, all the time I was complaining I was also actually gradually improving things bit by bit, and after I got lucky with the apology weapon roll I was able to make better progress. I just managed to get a 0-damage run in 1:05, which puts me at 1.23m, but the whales are moving faster and faster, so I'm worried I won't even be able to hang in the top ten.

OS Kirito Lv. 80, Skills Lv. 2/1/2
4*/5 Bound Tachi
4* OS Coat
4* Augma

The only ways I can see to improve are if I try rolling endlessly for the OS sword, or limit break (not sure which stat to pick though). I suppose a third option would be to build up another character that can take over if I run dry on MP on the last life bar to get the last bits of big damage out faster, but I'm not sure if I have someone that fits the bill.

Congrats on breaking the 1.2M barrier! I think you are close to the max you can get already, assuming you did the whole run with no damage and full combo. There's this switching trick that can shave a couple of seconds from the start if you are lucky (makes the boss skip the wave attack). And also the medallion grind in case it shaves another round of attacks. Reddit also has this weird jumping attack thing that I have no idea how to pull off but from the vids seem to help in regenning mana a lot faster.

Did an 0:46 run and took back first. That was when the switching trick failed, so I should be able to gain a couple more seconds, but think I'll take a break for now. I also watched Ordinal Scale (the actual movie) today, it was pretty awesome.
Edit: Back to 2nd place, not sure how to break 42s with my team

Articalys

Yeah, I think I'm at my limit. 3rd is 1.245m with two Lv.100 OS chars, and 2nd is at 1.28m. The #1 guy has a solo Lv.80 OS Kirito run at 0:45 with the OS sword for a massive 1.31m. Right now 10th is 0.93, so I'd like to think I can hang in top 10, but given how aggressive this seems to be, I'm not hoping for much.

Kettch

Man, wish I had an easy group like that.

Finished up my skill slots on Silica and brought my time down to 40 seconds. Unfortunately, first place put up a 39.

Still think I can do it if I get the right boss pattern, it's just annoying as fuck relying on RNG for a better time.

EDIT: BOOM! 40->35 seconds. Miracle run. I could maybe go 1 second faster, as I only had 35 mana at the end and had to auto-attack once before finishing with a dash attack, but that's good enough for me. Next best is still at 39, so that should hold up.

Also finished my score rewards with that fight, so it worked out perfectly.

Man, wish I had an easy group like that.

Finished up my skill slots on Silica and brought my time down to 40 seconds. Unfortunately, first place put up a 39.

Still think I can do it if I get the right boss pattern, it's just annoying as fuck relying on RNG for a better time.

EDIT: BOOM! 40->35 seconds. Miracle run. I could maybe go 1 second faster, as I only had 35 mana at the end and had to auto-attack once before finishing with a dash attack, but that's good enough for me. Next best is still at 39, so that should hold up.

Also finished my score rewards with that fight, so it worked out perfectly.

Nice! Whats your strategy? I can't get that low even with 2 OS chars in concert. This waiting is killing me, hopefully no one overtakes my second place

Kettch

Nice! Whats your strategy? I can't get that low even with 2 OS chars in concert. This waiting is killing me, hopefully no one overtakes my second place

-Switch at the start to prevent the projectiles (had to restart half the time here if it didn't work).
-Move in and parry the first off-screen attack, switch back to OS Silica for her SS3.
-Get two dagger slashes in and dash down-right to avoid the no parry side slash.
-Move back in and parry. The boss does 1 of 4 attacks here. No parry overhand (this is the best, because he misses, allowing lots of auto-attacks before you parry the backswing), fast attack, medium speed attack and lastly a back dash followed by the fast attack (this is the worst, because you can't auto-attack any and the positioning gets bad).
-Get two dagger slashes in and then dodge left or right opposite from his projectile attack (after the no parry attack, he does a back dash here half the time before shooting the projectile, which always messes me up so I ignore it and start over).
-After this it gets murky, because if there's a pattern it's hard for me to see it. Hope for easy parries, get as many auto-attacks in as you can in between. Also hope he never back dashes, especially hope he never does back dash into no parry attack and especially hope he doesn't back dash into another back dash into a no parry attack (this happened to me once).
-Finished with a dash attack as doing another parry would take several seconds more.

Articalys

And we're done. Finished 6th in my group, with the top three all 1.3m or above, so I never had a chance without rolling an OS weapon.

-Switch at the start to prevent the projectiles (had to restart half the time here if it didn't work).
-Move in and parry the first off-screen attack, switch back to OS Silica for her SS3.
-Get two dagger slashes in and dash down-right to avoid the no parry side slash.
-Move back in and parry. The boss does 1 of 4 attacks here. No parry overhand (this is the best, because he misses, allowing lots of auto-attacks before you parry the backswing), fast attack, medium speed attack and lastly a back dash followed by the fast attack (this is the worst, because you can't auto-attack any and the positioning gets bad).
-Get two dagger slashes in and then dodge left or right away from his projectile attack (after the no parry attack, he does a back dash here half the time before shooting the projectile, which always messes me up so I ignore it and start over).
-After this it gets murky, because if there's a pattern it's hard for me to see it. Hope for easy parries, get as many auto-attacks in as you can in between. Also hope he never back dashes, especially hope he never does back dash into no parry attack and especially hope he doesn't back dash into another back dash into a no parry attack (this happened to me once).
-Finished with a dash attack as doing another parry would take several seconds more.

Same strategy as what I've been using, I guess OS dagger lets you churn out more dps and you need to auto less and he dies faster. Plus I kinda stop running it multiple times just for RNG to favor me with his attacks.

Ranking event is over! I got 2nd =). Happy with my result for a F2Per.

Kettch

An obvious hacker jumped into first last minute on my group, but an earlier one got removed so I assume this one will too.

Really happy I managed to get the top spot. Probably won't happen again since I plan to stay free-to-play, so this was my one shot.

volgihn

Got 5th place. I cleared master+ in 1:04 without taking damage. I have no idea how other people did better than I did while having the same characters.

Kettch

I'm F2P too, and only got 6th, so mind explaining to me what I did wrong and what you guys apparently did right?

I got lucky and pulled Silica plus her dagger.

Outside of that I put an ungodly number of hours into playing that stage to get it perfect, but I don't know if you did that as well or not.

Articalys

I got lucky and pulled Silica plus her dagger.

Outside of that I put an ungodly number of hours into playing that stage to get it perfect, but I don't know if you did that as well or not.
Bingo. That's it. That's pretty much the only thing that decided the top 3 in this event, for any group: who was lucky enough to get an OS character + weapon, and who wasn't.

I'm F2P too, and only got 6th, so mind explaining to me what I did wrong and what you guys apparently did right?

I got lucky and got OS Silica and OS Lis + OS Lis Mace. Also my group wasn't full of whales (which is pure luck). I got 1.3M points, and I've seen reddit posts where thats not even top 5.

Interesting, no one got a perfect master+1 clear with no time bonus in my group. That would barely make top 10 in the group. Future events would be interesting though, since I think most the F2Pers dumped most of their diamonds and / or rerolled, so likely to have a lot more suboptimal teams in it.

Kettch

Bingo. That's it. That's pretty much the only thing that decided the top 3 in this event, for any group: who was lucky enough to get an OS character + weapon, and who wasn't.

Well, people had to put some effort in as well. There were a couple level 100 OS Silica whale accounts in my top 10, but they apparently didn't play well enough to keep up.

I hope they do make an even playing field event some day too, because this type of competition is a lot of fun. Reminds me of the minesweeper days of my childhood.

Articalys

Fine, maybe I'm just bitter that it all feeds into a "the rich get richer" structure when it comes to luck.

Anyway, looks like the EX daily material missions are up not, and man are they profitable.

Kettch

Yay, the hacker above me got removed, so first place for good now. Nice job Bamco.

The rewards for this are surprisingly not mind-blowing. The 10 gold medals are apparently a guaranteed 4*, so that's nice, but I think the title is the only other good part really.

Articalys

Did they make the partner AI dumb as bricks and give multi-hit moves terrible autotracking because otherwise the game would be too easy?

Yeah, everyone should check their rankings, they removed a bunch of hackers. Surprisingly, the guy above me who looked legit got removed as well. He was player rank 84 with 3 OS chars. Man that must totally suck, and I bet he totally regrets it now, since thats a bunch of time and effort wasted.

On auto-tracking, some SS3's just miss all the time (like Leafa's), best way to guarantee a hit that I've found is to make them switch in on a parry. The AI will then line it up nicely for you.

AI wise, melee AI sucks. Ranged is much better, though they like to use SS3 on normal mobs and not even a bunch of them. That said the Diabel in the Kobold event was surprisingly good at parrying, maybe'll they use his AI for all supporters next time.

Jeffrey

Sweet pulled an oc asuna with that promo the other day.

The biggest problem I have with this game is that's its a pretty huge dedication of time. Like is there any way to play this game casually? Lol.

Wish there was an autobattle option at the very least.

Kitoro

Sweet pulled an oc asuna with that promo the other day.

The biggest problem I have with this game is that's its a pretty huge dedication of time. Like is there any way to play this game casually? Lol.

Wish there was an autobattle option at the very least.

Who needs auto-battle when most stages take under 30 seconds to finish while tapping the screen on the third ability slot without even looking? :p

Also, if you don't care about maximizing ranking scores, and you re-roll until you get an OS pull up-front, you can skip gear and free character material grinding entirely.

Kettch

I'm definitely playing this game differently than other gacha games. Normally I have to continually play one to not feel like I'm wasting AP and falling behind, so if I ever get burned out on playing something there's a high chance it'll lead to me quitting entirely.

With SAO, if I get tired of it I can just stop playing for a few days only doing log-ins and maybe a couple fights for the dailies. Then when I feel more interested in it, I can hop right back in and make up for any time lost with the unlimited play time.

As long as the events stay nice and long, I think this is the better system.

Jeffrey

Is all dailies open a limited time thing?

It's so nice lol.

But yeah I got original top tier silica and OS asuna and like 3 other 4* so I'm good on that front. Kinda need to get around to wrapping up story lol.

Articalys

On auto-tracking, some SS3's just miss all the time (like Leafa's), best way to guarantee a hit that I've found is to make them switch in on a parry. The AI will then line it up nicely for you.

AI wise, melee AI sucks. Ranged is much better, though they like to use SS3 on normal mobs and not even a bunch of them. That said the Diabel in the Kobold event was surprisingly good at parrying, maybe'll they use his AI for all supporters next time.
Well, I didn't mean stupid so much in lining up the initial attack, but especially for OS Kirito, how it determines which enemies to go after once the attack is in motion; since it pretty much hits left and right only, but sometimes the AI sends the attack freewheeling after a monster that's just a bit further forwards or backwards in depth and wastes a ton of the hits, even though there's five monsters in the other direction that are on the same plane.

When everything does line up right though it's a hilarious blender of death. I think I hit a 200-combo from a single use of it in one of the EX dailies.

And yeah, that Diavel AI was amusingly competent considering what the point of the mission was supposed to be.

edit: some of the character/weapon matchups in the Cheerleader set are amusing, especially Silica with a mace.

I like the idea of 2 parties for a mission, but I sure wish they didn't show it off in a ranking event. Plus it feels too soon after the last one.
Tried doing silver and bronze medal gatcha pulls and got junk. Cheerleader gatcha looks interesting, so I tried a 250 pull and got nada. Not unexpected, but oh well. Bad day for pulls all around. I kind of want at least one char of each element and weapon, but still missing holy, fire and maybe earth (fairy asuna probably doesn't count). I also want a rapier, bow and dual blade user. I already have lambent light, so hoping for asuna from medal scout gatcha. With my luck, I'll probably get kirito when I eventually pull..

In Skill testing, cheerleader SS3 seems like its a 10% boost to attack. Still the first battle skill does say increases enhancement effect, so it could be a really big full party boost. Plus I think utility is less subject to power creep than raw damage, so stuff like Philia and the cheerleaders will always have a place. I think something like Defense Debuffer + Cheerleader + whatever char has elemental advantage could form a team that can compete in ranking for just about everything. It will probably be worse than a full whale team, but still decent. A lot of Philia + 1x OS char team did great during the first ranking

Articalys

This event is way too stressful. Why they wanted to do another ranking event so soon after the last one, I have no idea.

Burned 500 gems on two OS group draws; got junk on the first but Asuna on the second. Only have a 3*/4 gacha rapier though, so she won't be as powerful as OS Kirito.

Was that a smart move? I don't know. But I was starting to get really sick of the game. At least I have another character I like now.

Top Bottom