• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Memory Defrag |OT| A Little Kirito in Your Pocket

chrono01

Oh wow, they just jumped straight to Alicization characters.
Practically guaranteed there's going to be the anime S3 announcement at the Dengeki festival in a couple hours.
And they'll probably be better than anything we have currently, with weapons to go along with them.

I GIVE UP!

Jeffrey

On a side note they really do put a crazy amount of post release support for the console Sao games lol.

Wonder if some executive at Bandai is just a huge fan.

Jeffrey

I just wish there was more... Depth and variety?

Like all the characters are basically just kind of the same in terms of basic combos and the first few moves depending on their weapon more than anything.

Doesn't help that only a few of weapon types are actually viable for events lol.

They need to rework a ton of things.

chrono01

I just wish there was more... Depth and variety?

Like all the characters are basically just kind of the same in terms of basic combos and the first few moves depending on their weapon more than anything.

Doesn't help that only a few of weapon types are actually viable for events lol.

They need to rework a ton of things.
Yeah, that'd be nice.

Honestly, I was a little surprised. The first bulk of pulls I did were on the OS banner, so all of the characters felt new/fresh to me. Then I tried the characters out on the cheerleader banner, as well as the Hina Festival one, and I was surprised to see how similar they were (aside from the art asset swap). I guess it makes it easier to continually pump out new characters if they re-use a lot of the moves to do it.

Sorry for sounding so down on the game. I want to love it, but I have too many issues getting in the way for me. I'm not entirely sure things will change soon either, considering it has an established fan-base in Japan, but it hasn't been released for a year yet. Maybe things will change once they hit their first anniversary.

Alicization is one hell of a long arc. Do you think they will jump straight to it in line with S3? And skip the rest of ALO and GGO?

Also, Eugeo and Alice are cool, but it also seems kind of rushed. No story for the introduction event, and apparently no story even if you get them in the gatcha. Speaking as someone who likes these side stories, this sucks. I did an 11 pull anyway, and got zilch as usual.

Kitoro

The wait for a Def Down banner is killing me. We keep getting characters who are we absolutely don't need if we already have a couple or more OS characters.

Yeah, that'd be nice.

Honestly, I was a little surprised. The first bulk of pulls I did were on the OS banner, so all of the characters felt new/fresh to me. Then I tried the characters out on the cheerleader banner, as well as the Hina Festival one, and I was surprised to see how similar they were (aside from the art asset swap). I guess it makes it easier to continually pump out new characters if they re-use a lot of the moves to do it.

Sorry for sounding so down on the game. I want to love it, but I have too many issues getting in the way for me. I'm not entirely sure things will change soon either, considering it has an established fan-base in Japan, but it hasn't been released for a year yet. Maybe things will change once they hit their first anniversary.

Yeah, I've been switching between all the different weapon types just to keep the game fresh. Like the parry timings for the different weapons are slightly different, and the parry zone is also different. Been playing with dual swords recently, and will try pure gunning next.

I think they need a few more weapon styles like that, though they should be variants of existing weapons and not new weapon types. E.g a sword and shield style and a katana style, but all of these heroes still equip 1-handed sword.

chrono01

Warning:

Bandai Namco have recently REMOVED the character pull rates from the information listing. While it's supposed to be 4% for a 4* character, without the rate being advertised it's very possible for them to alter the drop-rate so it's much lower. Japan always has their rates posted, as it's now a law there to do so. It wouldn't be the first time Bandai Namco decreased the rates for summons.

Just a heads-up in case anyone is thinking of using their Memory Diamonds.

darkwing

Warning:

Bandai Namco have recently REMOVED the character pull rates from the information listing. While it's supposed to be 4% for a 4* character, without the rate being advertised it's very possible for them to alter the drop-rate so it's much lower. Japan always has their rates posted, as it's now a law there to do so. It wouldn't be the first time Bandai Namco decreased the rates for summons.

Just a heads-up in case anyone is thinking of using their Memory Diamonds.

yup, just crazy, I didn't think it was possible not to get a 4* if doing a 10+1 pull

yup, just crazy, I didn't think it was possible not to get a 4* if doing a 10+1 pull

Well an 11 pull is supposed to have a 36% percent of at least 1 4*, so its certainly possible not to get one. Anecdotal evidence, but my last 700++ MDs have gotten zilch. I'm not sure when they removed the rates, but I've no luck on both Cheer and Alicization banners.

My last 4* was from the 1 MD guaranteed banner (I got 2 that time). Doubt we'll get any confirmation unless a mega-whale decides to do lots of pulls and posts the stats

darkwing

Well an 11 pull is supposed to have a 36% percent of at least 1 4*, so its certainly possible not to get one. Anecdotal evidence, but my last 700++ MDs have gotten zilch. I'm not sure when they removed the rates, but I've no luck on both Cheer and Alicization banners.

My last 4* was from the 1 MD guaranteed banner (I got 2 that time). Doubt we'll get any confirmation unless a mega-whale decides to do lots of pulls and posts the stats

wow my last 4* was from that 1 MD too, just crazy, if only 3* were somewhat usable here

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
wow my last 4* was from that 1 MD too, just crazy, if only 3* were somewhat usable here

Honestly, this is why I dropped the game. I pulled like 5 or 6 10+1 pulls with free MD and got 2~4* characters. The rest were all 2* and 3* garbage pulls. There's no incentive to make anything BUT 4* characters useful because people will spend mad money on SAO stuff (as seen on the subreddit or Discord channel).

MSMrRound

I honestly don't get the idea of a 11 pull when you might be lucky and get 1~2 good units while the rest are complete and utter trash.

Bamco gotta rework this system. It's not enticing. Hacking crystals, so what? Give me decent units instead!

Btw, if SAO get its Season 3, since there wasn't any official announcement during the Dengeki festival last week, the upcoming Anime Japan fest happening at the end of March would be my most likely bet, since the movie teaser as well as the announcement of the new characters last week...everything is just too coincidental leading up to that event

Nice influx of diamonds this past weeks. I love the new ninjas units, their SS3 animation is awesome, couldn't pull any though.

Ranking event this time is interesting. the boss itself isn't too bad, esp if you just want a no damage Master+1 run, but getting a fast run isn't that easy. My bracket is pretty stacked, usually getting the last points-based gold medal should get you top 10, but right now 10th is sitting at a pretty high 1.799M (0:55 run). Seems like all the F2Pers have finished their rerolling and are all set with 3 high tier 4*s and a couple of matching weapons. No real crazy whales so far, first place is at 1.86M (0:39s), or they are all waiting for the last day snipe.

I'm in 3rd place at 0:41s but I think I'm maxed out with no hope for reinforcements since I'm F2P. I'm using:

Lvl 85 ALO Yuuki (R4 OS Sword)
Lvl 80 OS Lisbeth (R4 OS Mace)
Lvl 85 OS Silica (R4 Water Dagger)

Had to squeeze out a perfect run with no dropped combo for my timing, which took tons of tries since Yuuki had no combo timer plus. I suppose I can try to cut it closer when parrying the thrown cats, but my margin for error is already razor thin.

Anyone still playing this? I take turns between this and FGO on my phone, and they have made quite a lot of QOL changes. Overall I think its getting better for F2P players and long time players.

1. Pull rates. Now banners either have "Step Up" Scout"which reduces the cost of an 11 pull (250 -> 200) and also ups the rate at certain steps, or "Record Crystal " Scout, which gives you crystals to redeem for a guaranteed 4*. Helps to reduce the sting from missing banners by alot

2. Weapon Exchange. Trade 4* weapons for the one you want. Not something I use often as F2P (and its a 4 for 1), but now they are giving Exchange swords you can build up over time to use for it

3. Free 4*s. They are getting better compared to gatcha characters. Especially the ones from ranking rewards. They've also updated the older characters to help them catch up with power creep.

4. Event Variety. Some of them are still grindy, but Tower events are a survival style take on the game and can be really challenging. The defense mission is an interesting take on protecting an NPC and spamming attacks will just get you killed.

chrono01

Anyone still playing this? I take turns between this and FGO on my phone, and they have made quite a lot of QOL changes. Overall I think its getting better for F2P players and long time players.

1. Pull rates. Now banners either have "Step Up" Scout"which reduces the cost of an 11 pull (250 -> 200) and also ups the rate at certain steps, or "Record Crystal " Scout, which gives you crystals to redeem for a guaranteed 4*. Helps to reduce the sting from missing banners by alot

2. Weapon Exchange. Trade 4* weapons for the one you want. Not something I use often as F2P (and its a 4 for 1), but now they are giving Exchange swords you can build up over time to use for it

3. Free 4*s. They are getting better compared to gatcha characters. Especially the ones from ranking rewards. They've also updated the older characters to help them catch up with power creep.

4. Event Variety. Some of them are still grindy, but Tower events are a survival style take on the game and can be really challenging. The defense mission is an interesting take on protecting an NPC and spamming attacks will just get you killed.
Yeah, I'm still playing it. I don't take it too seriously, like I don't work hard for ranking events or whatever, but I do log in daily, do the event quests/bosses/etc. If I get a high rank as I progress through, that's fine, but I don't stress over it.

As for why I got back into it, it was around the time Rainy Season Rain was released and I managed a 3x 4* pull on my first discount (Rain, Leafa, Sakuya). I didn't manage her weapon though, despite throwing 6x multi-pulls that way. Oh well, I got the event dual blades and went on.

Then, on the day the banner was released, I managed to pull both Festa Leafa and Premiere, again with my first discount. It really surprised me, as my luck in gacha games is generally poor. This time I managed to get a weapon in my second multi-pull too, that being the one for Festa Leafa (who I wanted the most, she's obscenely broken).

Interesting to see what the upcoming anniversary is like. Hopefully they shower us with MD as well as nice rates on the banners. SAO:MD is a fun little game, as the combat it different than anything else when it comes to gacha.

W-00

Anyone still playing this?

I am. There were a couple times when I was close to quitting because I just wasn't pulling any characters I wanted, but both of those times the game then gave me one of the characters I was after.

The only rainy character I managed to pull was Sakuya, in no small part because I'm strictly non-IAP with this game and I'd blown most of my diamonds on a previous banner (I believe it was Brides, which only gave me Sinon).

So I decided to control myself and not pull again until the banner for the next tower. I figured it would have similar units and, keeping with the earth -> water pattern, be a fire banner (which I need - my only 4* fire is fox Silica).

But then they gave us the Summer Festa banner instead, to counter Rainy Rain. Wind was already my second-strongest element (after earth), but I decided to pull anyways. It took three multipulls before I got a 4*: Liz. Another multipull gave me Leafa. Pulling on the weapon gacha gave me the weapons for Leafa and Premier. I would've like to have pullled Premier (my only lance user is Sachi), but I'm not going to chase in a gacha where I already have 2/3 of the good results.

chrono01

Nice to see a few GAF members still playing!

Feel free to send me an invite, if we're not already friends.

User ID: 260867843053

Nice to see other people are playing. Couldn't add either of you, just realized that the game has regional servers. Too bad, since the upcoming master +1 could prove to be a challenge.

For me, I've been F2P the whole way playing since launch. I've had crazy streaks of good and luck, it mostly evened out in the end. Just did my Summer Festival pulls as I only have ALO Leafa for wind. She's really good after the skillslot buffs but can't keep combo at all (no combo window + long SS3 startup time).

Saved a 1000 plus diamonds for that (skipped both swimsuits, token 10 pull on Yukata since earth Yuna seemed pretty good). First 3 multipulls got zilch. Next pull.... got all 3! Wondering if I should do the last step on the step up, I already got all the chars so I can't get anyone new, but 2x rate could mean a ton of hacking crystals. Diamonds are so precious to a F2Per though. Probably just roll for weapons

W-00

Saved a 1000 plus diamonds for that (skipped both swimsuits, token 10 pull on Yukata since earth Yuna seemed pretty good). First 3 multipulls got zilch. Next pull.... got all 3! Wondering if I should do the last step on the step up, I already got all the chars so I can't get anyone new, but 2x rate could mean a ton of hacking crystals. Diamonds are so precious to a F2Per though. Probably just roll for weapons

Congratulations! I definitely wouldn't pull just to get hacking crystals, seeing as they come often enough when they aren't wanted. If you feel like you really need them, I'd at least recommend waiting until the tower starts and we see how the Summer Festa characters perform in it. It should arrive before the banner is gone, right?

Congratulations! I definitely wouldn't pull just to get hacking crystals, seeing as they come often enough when they aren't wanted. If you feel like you really need them, I'd at least recommend waiting until the tower starts and we see how the Summer Festa characters perform in it. It should arrive before the banner is gone, right?

Yeah you are probably right. What are your thoughts on the Tower events?

For me the first was crazily hard since I was on a dry streak for rolls, had nothing past OS banner. OS Lis, OS Silica, ALO Yuuki ALO Leafa and SAO Silica + Free chars eventually got through it on the second last day. SAO Silica took 10 plus minutes and downed the Lvl 100 boss solo, fairly simple pattern but when getting 2 shotted on weak hits and 1 shotted on strong hits, mistakes are scary.

The second one was much easier since I knew the scythe boss patterns after the first tower. Also finally had luck and had a much better unit lineup + Rainy Rain. Rainy rain basically soloed the 3 hardest bosses every round.

W-00

I've been poorly positioned to deal with the tower events before now. If I'm remembering pull order correctly, then...

When the first one came around I had OSuna, OSilica, Hina Premiere and Silica, and Schoolgirl Philia as usable fighters, which ALO Seven as my only worthwhile healer. I had other 4*s, they just weren't very good (SAO Asuna and Philia, ALO Rain, maybe some others). I'd even neglected to farm enough materials to fully unlock Rechka. I didn't even clear floor 50.

When the second tower came around, I'd added Alice V2, maid Leafa, fox Silica, bride Sinon, a finally-leveled-up Yuna, wind mace Yuuki, and Sakuya to the usable pile, and I'd taken the care to level up some 3* healers, so I did considerably better. I still only managed to clear floor 70. Maybe I could have tried to push further, but by the time I'd gotten there I was exhausted of it, and I didn't think I could get much further with Sakuya as my only water unit.

My bad luck to only draw bow characters from the tower gachas also factored into my failures. There's little point in learning when to parry when the character can't parry.

I feel like the earth tower will be the one I finally clear. Wind is now my strongest element, and I think the free characters we've been getting (Sachi, Bikini Yuna, Korean Kirito, and I'll count Freerito since I didn't farm the materials for him before) should provide decent added fodder if needed.

Well the tower event starts tmr, so good luck everyone! I think tower event takes a different mentality, you just need to play safe and avoid getting hit even if it takes forever. That said, now that everyone knows how good the damage reduction on the Schoolgirl/Rain/WindFest banners are, having them will really help out

W-00

Reminder: The Summer Festival Master +1 will be available for one hour tonight starting at 8PM Pacific time. This is one of only five times it will be available.

Good luck! I hope we all manage to get those tickets.

I've been poorly positioned to deal with the tower events before now. If I'm remembering pull order correctly, then...

When the first one came around I had OSuna, OSilica, Hina Premiere and Silica, and Schoolgirl Philia as usable fighters, which ALO Seven as my only worthwhile healer. I had other 4*s, they just weren't very good (SAO Asuna and Philia, ALO Rain, maybe some others). I'd even neglected to farm enough materials to fully unlock Rechka. I didn't even clear floor 50.

When the second tower came around, I'd added Alice V2, maid Leafa, fox Silica, bride Sinon, a finally-leveled-up Yuna, wind mace Yuuki, and Sakuya to the usable pile, and I'd taken the care to level up some 3* healers, so I did considerably better. I still only managed to clear floor 70. Maybe I could have tried to push further, but by the time I'd gotten there I was exhausted of it, and I didn't think I could get much further with Sakuya as my only water unit.

My bad luck to only draw bow characters from the tower gachas also factored into my failures. There's little point in learning when to parry when the character can't parry.

I feel like the earth tower will be the one I finally clear. Wind is now my strongest element, and I think the free characters we've been getting (Sachi, Bikini Yuna, Korean Kirito, and I'll count Freerito since I didn't farm the materials for him before) should provide decent added fodder if needed.

I doon't have the bow characters, but I saw a few videos online where they just facetanked through everything (and occasionally dodged a heavy hit), so maybe you could gear them up and try that. Missed the first Master plus one but will try it on Sunday

W-00

That's basically what I tried. The first time around, I think I just didn't have the support characters to get through the other floors. The second time, maybe I could have gotten farther, but like I said, I was tired of it.

This time around, I can hardly wait to attack the new floors. I don't think I've ever been more into this game than I am now. Funny what pulling some genuinely great characters can do.

I spent pretty much the whole hour participating in the Master +1. I think the best time any group I was in had was 47 seconds. So I got the minute ticket reward, but not the 45 second one. Apparently for that one you need to debuff and stun while the boss in under the effects of a parry. I have no debuffers, so in a few runs I tried to stun using bride Sinon, but I can't raise her MP high enough to get three SS3 without recharging. So I was basically stuck in the try-to-parry and nuke roles, and it was rare that I'd end up in a party that had the debuff and stun roles taken care of.

chrono01

Healing + Damage Reduction characters kind of make flooring-clearing events trivial. Granted this is my first floor-clearing event that I've tried, but I'm using Rainy Day Rain, Rainy Day Leafa, Festa Leafa, and Festa Premiere. It gives me ten tries per set, 2/2 for Rainy Day Rain/Leafa and 3/3 for Festa Leafa/Premiere. I've basically been able to solo everything so far with one character, and didn't even get close to dying (half-ish health on Floor 40 when the boss poisoned me, but still not in any real danger). I didn't even avoid AOE or whatever, I just spammed my third skill and attack to regain MP.

I'm definitely saving any/all Memory Diamonds for more of this style of character. I have water/wind right now, so need to cover a few more elements.

W-00

I'm definitely saving any/all Memory Diamonds for more of this style of character.

That's basically what I thought going in to this banner (and I'm really glad I did) and was planning to continue to do, but the current Premiere M+1 event has illustrated to me that the ability to face-tank isn't everything. It's very difficult to die as a character from a tower gacha, but sometimes you need speed, and that isn't their virtue.

I'm desperately in need of a debuffer and a better stunner. Hopefully the upcoming pirate gacha will be provide one of them. Sakuya is my only water character, so them being water is a big plus. Then again, the banner includes a gun character, so even if they include stun or debuff, there's a good chance I'll wait to see the next banner.

W-00

This game still exists, huh... did they ever update the main story beyond the first three chapters of ALO?

Yep. For a long time there was no progress, but they've been pumping them out lately. It's at the point where Kirito is raiding the World Tree now. Specifically, he got reinforcements from the Sylphs and Cait Siths and went on ahead.

chrono01

That's basically what I thought going in to this banner (and I'm really glad I did) and was planning to continue to do, but the current Premiere M+1 event has illustrated to me that the ability to face-tank isn't everything. It's very difficult to die as a character from a tower gacha, but sometimes you need speed, and that isn't their virtue.

I'm desperately in need of a debuffer and a better stunner. Hopefully the upcoming pirate gacha will be provide one of them. Sakuya is my only water character, so them being water is a big plus. Then again, the banner includes a gun character, so even if they include stun or debuff, there's a good chance I'll wait to see the next banner.
Yeah, the only debuffer I have is Philia and only stunner I have is Zodiac Sinon. Still, I love these healing + damage reduction characters, haha. Feels so broken.

This game still exists, huh... did they ever update the main story beyond the first three chapters of ALO?
Yeah, it's still getting new content/story releases, most recently in the past while. Plenty of stuff to grind, and the anniversary is coming up. I'm hopeful we get some more goodies then.

Been a pretty good day. Cleared to Lvl 60 of the tower and got all the tickets for the Master +1. Winning team was Cosplay Asuna (for debuffing) + 2 Wind Festa, Tanabata Yuuki (for Atk buff) + 2 Wind Festa, and a bunch of stunners.

Water banner next seems to have a party wide attack buff. This should pair really well with the Rain banner / Wind Banner. I'm probably skipping it though since I already have Tanabata Yuuki and Rainy Rain, and I still need a melee Holy Char with combo window and probably an Earth one as well (using Swimsuit Yuna).

Despite whatever ppl say about SAO's rates, you can't deny that they are pretty generous when it comes to giving out pull currency. I've already exceeded 300 char pulls (probably around 350) and 200 + weapon pulls as a F2Per. I wish FGO was this generous with quartz.

W-00

Been a pretty good day. Cleared to Lvl 60 of the tower and got all the tickets for the Master +1. Winning team was Cosplay Asuna (for debuffing) + 2 Wind Festa, Tanabata Yuuki (for Atk buff) + 2 Wind Festa, and a bunch of stunners.

Congrats. I also managed to clear Floor 60 and get under 45 seconds in the M +1. I have absolutely no recollection of what teams my partners were using, since I was barely awake when it happened (and I was shocked that we actually succeeded). I had to go through the new floors twice because I made a stupid mistake on Floor 59 the first time and lost a character.

I'm a little bit tempted to roll for pirate Kirito because I have ALO Kirito's water dualblades, but I haven't rolled in a Record Crystal scout yet, and I'm not planning on doing so until they allow crystals to be retained across banners.

I mean, yeah, I agree that they're pretty generous with the diamonds. I was down to about 60 about a week ago, and now I have 500+ again. But with the current Record Crystal scout setup you could theoretically make nine multipulls and end up with nothing but hacking crystals and some useless record crystals. Unlikely? Sure. But still possible.

Congrats. I also managed to clear Floor 60 and get under 45 seconds in the M +1. I have absolutely no recollection of what teams my partners were using, since I was barely awake when it happened (and I was shocked that we actually succeeded). I had to go through the new floors twice because I made a stupid mistake on Floor 59 the first time and lost a character.

I'm a little bit tempted to roll for pirate Kirito because I have ALO Kirito's water dualblades, but I haven't rolled in a Record Crystal scout yet, and I'm not planning on doing so until they allow crystals to be retained across banners.

I mean, yeah, I agree that they're pretty generous with the diamonds. I was down to about 60 about a week ago, and now I have 500+ again. But with the current Record Crystal scout setup you could theoretically make nine multipulls and end up with nothing but hacking crystals and some useless record crystals. Unlikely? Sure. But still possible.

Well bad luck can always haunt us. I plan to stock up to around 800 diamonds since that should get me 3 steps for step up scout for a banner I really want.

Pirate banner looks really good and is really tempting me to roll, but I'm really short of diamonds. Its a party attack buff + an enemy defense debuff O_O. 1 Pirate + 2x Elemental advantage will probably make a great team for rankings. Not sure if the DEF debuff is lower than other chars though, since it does say 'drop defense a little bit'in the banner. Perhaps thats to prevent too much power creep at once?

Cleared all the defense mission, but not sure whats the right strategy is going forward. Right now charging towards the cannons + 1 guy distracting the elementals seems to work the best. But I discovered that you can parry cannonballs to stun the other enemies. That said sometimes the cannonballs don't appear (but the crystal still gets damaged, and missing a parry gets you stunned, so I've been failing more often than not trying this strat.

W-00

Cleared all the defense mission, but not sure whats the right strategy is going forward. Right now charging towards the cannons + 1 guy distracting the elementals seems to work the best. But I discovered that you can parry cannonballs to stun the other enemies. That said sometimes the cannonballs don't appear (but the crystal still gets damaged, and missing a parry gets you stunned, so I've been failing more often than not trying this strat.

It's possible that the cannonballs not appearing is a bug. The cannon enemies themselves weren't appearing for me immediately after the missions became available last night, but show up now.

Managed to clear Floor 80. I had to restart the section a couple times due to losing characters I couldn't afford to lose too early (Alice V2 to the poison slimes the first time and OSuna to the poison boars the second time). I'm still going to have to play through most of it again, because I lost OSuna again to the paralyzing lizards on the third run (she had the poison charm equipped). At least getting there will be easier since I won't be needing to hold my Festa characters in reserve as much.

I managed to parry the water minotaur's poison attack into the earth minotaur to stun it, but that honestly didn't seem to buy that much time. In the end I just face-tanked both of them simultaneously with SF Leafa.

chrono01

I really want to try for the pirate characters, as I need party buff + enemy weaken allies, but I think I'll hold out for the anniversary banner. I just don't trust such a large pool, especially when Kirito and Asuna are the two big stand-outs. According to Discord, we are getting a rate-up banner for those two specifically, but I haven't had much luck in the way of rate-up banners.

On a side-note, I managed to clear Floor 80 today as well, basically just face-tanking everything with my damage reduction + healing characters. I got somewhere near half health, maybe a bit lower, when fighting the Floor 80 boss, as I was lazy and didn't want to parry the poison so I just healed through it (Summer Festa Leafa). I kind of feel like I'm an awful player for doing it, but hey whatever works!

W-00

The anniversary vote results are in. OS Kirito, OSuna, Maid Rain, Leo Sinon, and Alice V2 are the winners. I'm disappointed that Maid Leafa didn't get in, but really happy about OSuna and Alice V2. Those two are already part of my floor-clearing team, so I'm eager to see what buffs they get.

chrono01

The anniversary vote results are in. OS Kirito, OSuna, Maid Rain, Leo Sinon, and Alice V2 are the winners. I'm disappointed that Maid Leafa didn't get in, but really happy about OSuna and Alice V2. Those two are already part of my floor-clearing team, so I'm eager to see what buffs they get.
Finally, Zodiac Sinon gets the love she deserves!

Happy to see OS Asuna and Alice V2 win as well, despite me not having them. At least they'll be included on the vote banner, so there's a chance I can add them to my team. Just please no duplicate OS Kirito/Leo Sinon...

Man, I have zero of the chars on both revival banners. Like I have the other 3 OS, Zodiac Asuna, so none of them getting buffed kinda sucks. Hopefully, its just an early or late thing, like OS Liz getting buffed during her birthday. Only really want Alice V2 out of the banner, Would have loved Maid Rain, but depleted my MDs then trying to get a Princess Debuffer, and now I have Summer Wind chars to make up for it.

Still on 60 of tower, haven't tried the later floors, was making Yui an <IMMORTAL OBJECT> (best SS3 animation and quote ever)

Whole lot of news from the NICO NICO event from Reddit

Heathcliff coming soon
  • Collect VIP ticket to scout for Heathcliff
  • Original episode
  • New class: Shield & Sword
  • Shield & Sword features Just Guard, Your unit becomes invulnerable during guard motion if you guard at a specific timing
  • Guard with Shield & Sword class does not interrupt combo

4* guaranteed scout and 4* Guaranteed Record Crystal (GRC)

• One time only 4* guaranteed scout, cost 250 mds
  • Get 4* Guaranteed Record Crystal for more 4* . 10 GRCs per scout. You obtain GRC from the guaranteed scout and from login bonus
Thank you as always campaign.
  • 8/18 ~ Comeback bonus for players who stopped playing for more than 30 days
  • 8/29 ~ Strengthen login bonus. 365 days login bonus changed to 100 mds and 20 ARCs Obtain up to 100 mds and 20 GRCs by 365th days login. Players who played since launch have around 200 days, giving 10 GRCs for a guaranteed 4*. Japanese players will probably hit the 365 days bonus for 20 GRCs.

These anniversary event sound great =). Looking forward to Heathcliff, hopefully I can get him and LB him a few times. Just got to Lvl 80 of Tower and maxed out on the Quarter clearing. The first 10 levels are fairly easy, but the next 15 were a struggle. Got rank A for most things even while trying my best. I don't really have good AOE, so stages were a pain, and bosses were tough as well. All the grinding on old events helped, as OS Silica soled the Rhino and OS Liz soloed the Scythe (<- really happy with that). My saved up team of Rainy Rain + Cosplay Asuna + Tanabata Yui got S and cleared the floor ranking on the first go (though I did retry a few times. Resetted and slowly worked through the S ranks to get my VIP and LB Yui to lvl 100 (first time I could do so with a scout unit)

W-00

I know I said I was staying out of the Pirate banner, but I'd really like to clear more of those Quarter Point medal missions and I just don't see that happening without a pirate character.

I also heard that some people like going to Town 66666 when they scout, claiming that it gives them better luck. I'm sure it's just confirmation bias, but still I wanted to try it.

So now that the good-characters banner is up, I went to Town 66666 and made an 11-pull. Argo did not sparkle...

But I heard the 4* sound! I now have Pirate Asuna - my first debuffer, my first team buffer (unless you count Yuna's defense buff), and my second 4* water character.

Also, I didn't mention it before, but after the new vote banner came out I did an 11-pull on the weapon banner and got Alice's sword. Between her new sword and her buff, I was finally able to clear QP10 fast enough to get the medal.

I know I said I was staying out of the Pirate banner, but I'd really like to clear more of those Quarter Point medal missions and I just don't see that happening without a pirate character.

I also heard that some people like going to Town 66666 when they scout, claiming that it gives them better luck. I'm sure it's just confirmation bias, but still I wanted to try it.

So now that the good-characters banner is up, I went to Town 66666 and made an 11-pull. Argo did not sparkle...

But I heard the 4* sound! I now have Pirate Asuna - my first debuffer, my first team buffer (unless you count Yuna's defense buff), and my second 4* water character.

Also, I didn't mention it before, but after the new vote banner came out I did an 11-pull on the weapon banner and got Alice's sword. Between her new sword and her buff, I was finally able to clear QP10 fast enough to get the medal.

Gratz on the 4* (Asuna is supposedly the best from the banner) and good luck with the QP clearing. One thing if you are having trouble is that the enemy spawns isn't very consistent. Sometimes you get 4 groups of enemies and occasionally you get less, so that can really affect the timing. Compared to the Lvl100 tower, the QP seems easier to survive, but harder to S rank.

I cleared the Lvl 100 tower yesterday, the last fight is really tough, only barely cleared it with 2 dead, but I'll take it, and probably not go for the S. I kind of want to pull Pirate for a second buffer/debuffer for multi-fight rankings, but I should probably save up for a better light unit

Top Bottom