• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Memory Defrag |OT| A Little Kirito in Your Pocket

chrono01

I was rerolling using this method because Silica is beyond broken and there is quite literally no reason to play if you don't have her or Yuuka.

Did more research. Apparently if you use this method once they ban your IP after a few days. Even if you're across devices and on a legit account on another device.

I'm done. Fuck off, Bandai. What a crock of shit.
Oh wow.

Did you get hit with the ban as well?

Quonny

Oh wow.

Did you get hit with the ban as well?

Not yet. It takes a day or two. I just started rerolling tonight with this method. Apparently all you have to do is the method once and you're targeted for a ban. People in Discord did it a few times just to see what it was like and were banned tonight on their legit accounts on a totally separate platform.

fucking lol

chrono01

Not yet. It takes a day or two. I just started rerolling tonight with this method. Apparently all you have to do is the method once and you're targeted for a ban. People in Discord did it a few times just to see what it was like and were banned tonight on their legit accounts on a totally separate platform.

fucking lol
I wouldn't worry just yet.

I had a user respond to me on Reddit where they said they used the two re-roll methods over the last couple of days. The ones where they skipped the tutorial they were banned, but the others where they went through the usual re-roll methods are still active.

We don't really know how/why Bandai Namco are targeting accounts, but there's no guarantee you'll be hit with it too. Regardless, I'd definitely stop re-rolling via the skip-tutorial method (if you continue re-rolling at all).

However, what you said (and those on Discord) is definitely worrying. It's possible the one with valid accounts still will eventually be banned as well. Man, they're going to kill off so much of the player-base if they do this. I can't imagine many will re-roll after having their accounts terminated. What if they spent money? :(

chrono01

So glad I didn't cheat and reroll. 3 star Yuuki is good enough for me.
Apparently, re-rolling is fine. The only ones, so far, that have been banned are ones that used an emulator to force-skip the (mandatory) tutorial.

Re-rolling in gatcha games is extremely common. Almost everyone does it, so to ban everyone over re-rolling would essentially kill their game. However, finding a means to skip the tutorial could be seen as a hack of sorts, so maybe they view that method in a different light.

Still, really disappointing to see. :(

Caim

So what do I do with these shit tier 2-star chars I got from spending 250 on an 11 roll?

Nothing, but the next time you pull any dupes you'll get Holy Hacking Crystals which allow you break a character's level cap.

One 4* dupe is enough to instantly raise it.

Caim

Isn't there like a fraction of a percent of a chance for that to even happen.

I'm really of two minds about this game. The overall framework is fine, but the way so much of it gets implemented is just frustrating as hell.

True.

While I like the game and the combat system. The way that some of these things are implemented bother me.

Apparently, re-rolling is fine. The only ones, so far, that have been banned are ones that used an emulator to force-skip the (mandatory) tutorial.

Re-rolling in gatcha games is extremely common. Almost everyone does it, so to ban everyone over re-rolling would essentially kill their game. However, finding a means to skip the tutorial could be seen as a hack of sorts, so maybe they view that method in a different light.

Still, really disappointing to see. :(

Re rolling always seems to be more hassle than it's worth... But then again, I somehow have a pretty good record on gacha games... Never didn't any money on that music game (name escapes me) as got the rarest on my first pull. I have dozens of good ssr on dokkan, and my 11 pull got me 2 4*'s, one of which is top 3.

Then again, I'm also willing to settle for less than the top as long as I can eek out an enjoyable experience.

Quonny

Deleted the game. The fact that characters and weapons make that much of a difference in a game without a stamina system shows me that this will only get worse with power creep. I can grind an event, but someone who got lucky but hasn't even played half as much as I have can clear an event in a quarter the time and save millions of col, saving dozens and dozens of hours. With a stamina cap this would be much less of an issue. Plus the chance that a ban might come out of the blue, no thanks.

But I know how obnoxious it is to enjoy a game and have someone constantly shit on it, so this'll be my last post.

Game has wonderful presentation and a fun combat system, but these aren't enough. Hope you all enjoy the game.

Fire Emblem, here we come!

chrono01

Deleted the game. The fact that characters and weapons make that much of a difference in a game without a stamina system shows me that this will only get worse with power creep. I can grind an event, but someone who got lucky but hasn't even played half as much as I have can clear an event in a quarter the time and save millions of col, saving dozens and dozens of hours. Plus the chance that a ban might come out of the blue, no thanks.

But I know how obnoxious it is to enjoy a game and have someone constantly shit on it, so this'll be my last post.

Game has wonderful presentation and a fun combat system, but these aren't enough. Hope you all enjoy the game.

Sorry to see you go, but I understand. Gotta do what you gotta do!

I'll see you over in the (eventual) Fire Emblem OT. I'm super-excited for that one. It's essentially my dream gatcha game.

Hi all!

Picked up this game on Thursday and am having a blast with it. It also helped that I got Yuuki on my first reroll, so I didn't experience rerolling hell. Pulled Leafa with my first 10+1, so pretty much set for the time being. No stamina is kind of weird, but it means I can grind when free, and not when the bar refills.

Tips I've found useful:
  • Don't worry about the event too much at the start, concentrate on the story quests and the xp quest (when available). Getting your team to 80 and your rank high enough to fit all 3 chars you want in your party (so all of them get quest xp) is your first priority
  • Level your team evenly, but concentrate your attribute unlocks on one character first. One strong char + 1 other for emergency is usually good enough.
  • The Lvl 50 sword skill for most 4* is a game changer, rush that unlock once you reach lvl 50. The free Asuna's one is pretty crappy, so you can skip that if you are running low on mats.
  • Most of the ALO missions are really good for unlocking attributes, some are better than the dailies, so use those if on the wrong day. The attack one can probably be cleared in 3 s with an ok team. The level 40 dailies is a lot easier (and probably more efficient) than the 70 ones.
  • A solid 1 hr run through the xp quest can probably get you 15-20 lvls off quest xp along before factoring in the xp potions. Go for the one you can clear easily and not the one you can barely make it through
  • 5 lvls above the recommended lvl (with most available attribute bonus) should make it simple to S-rank a mission (except for certain bosses)
  • Having multiple weapon types help a lot, so if your main is a sword user, level the free Asuna, which makes the lizardman enemies much easier. A sword user (so probably the free Kirito) will help against slimes, plats and mantises.
  • Always upgrade the gear you are using to at least lvl 5, since that takes no resources and is fairly cheap
  • Don't evolve (increase in *) your gear too early. Evolution resets it back to lvl 1 (and corresponding crappy stats), so make sure you save enough to level it up again before evolving

Illfang guide:
  • Expert Rank probably takes a level 65 char with minimal gear to just beat (assuming you are not a genius at parrying / dodging). At lvl 80, it should be easily farmable (as in press skill to take off 1/2 his life)
  • Ex Rank probably takes a level 80 char with nearly maxed attributes and probably a backup char to just beat. And you probably want at least maxed 2 star gear and practice him a lot to S rank him consistently
  • The small kobolds attack can easily be back-dashed to dodge them, but learn to parry it so you can use a dash attack skill to crit and kill most of them
  • Always dodge and hit the golem from behind
  • For Illfang, try to stay just below him (but close enough to hit him) This lets you dodge downwards to avoid his unparriable jump attack. For his rush attack, dodge behind him, wait for the swing (its hitbox is really big and somewhat inaccurate) before hitting him.
  • Dodge in a V shape (diagonally down and up) to get behind Illfang
  • Save mana for his rage mode. Its also the best time to hit him since he won't be blocking. If your dps isn't enough (likely till you lvl a weapon), you need to practice consistently parrying and/or switching all your guys and spamming skills)
  • A successful parry stops the timer during the sword skill animation, so this can help if you just need a little bit more time to get S rank
  • If you want 4* equip, farming Ex rank is pretty much necessary since the 3* equip drops there, which saves a lot of col and mats

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Deleted the game. The fact that characters and weapons make that much of a difference in a game without a stamina system shows me that this will only get worse with power creep. I can grind an event, but someone who got lucky but hasn't even played half as much as I have can clear an event in a quarter the time and save millions of col, saving dozens and dozens of hours. With a stamina cap this would be much less of an issue. Plus the chance that a ban might come out of the blue, no thanks.

While it's not uncommon to have broken level gacha rolls in a game, it is uncommon to have this big of a gap between one or two units and he entire rest of the roster. It's sad that the gap is so huge because I enjoyed what I played of the game. However, I cant dedicate the time and money to getting a team of top S tier characters, which is all but required to remain relevant.

Uthred

While it's not uncommon to have broken level gacha rolls in a game, it is uncommon to have this big of a gap between one or two units and he entire rest of the roster. It's sad that the gap is so huge because I enjoyed what I played of the game. However, I cant dedicate the time and money to getting a team of top S tier characters, which is all but required to remain relevant.

Remain relevant to whom? Isnt the game more or less entirely single player with optional co-op (for which you only need one decent character to participate)? Online discussion of these games always seems to create an echo chamber like effect where if you arent the top you're dogshit. If you're having fun with the game and can progress why let it eat you up that someone out there is doing better than you? (That said, I dropped Dokkan because I was sick of constantly re-rolling accounts because the new characters were that much better, so I hardly practice what I preach ;) )

Quonny

Remain relevant to whom? Isnt the game more or less entirely single player with optional co-op (for which you only need one decent character to participate)? Online discussion of these games always seems to create an echo chamber like effect where if you arent the top you're dogshit. If you're having fun with the game and can progress why let it eat you up that someone out there is doing better than you? (That said, I dropped Dokkan because I was sick of constantly re-rolling accounts because the new characters were that much better, so I hardly practice what I preach ;) )
Apparently there's a ranking system in the future.

I lied. I'm posting again.

One of the biggest issues is that the stat cap is low. You can take a character from 1 to 80 in two days and have most of their crystals capped. Afterwards, there is no progression except the gacha. In games like FFBE, even bad units give a reason to use them with their TMs. In games like Valkyrie Connect, the event items are 90% as good as gacha, and you can sell items for a token currency that can be used to buy gacha weapons. Here? Non-gacha weapons and non-4* characters are quite literally useless. They do nothing but fill space. If you could max a character and reroll them even into those stupid rainbow crystals that would be something. If you could break down weapons into some kind of special currency that could only be used in the weapon gacha, that'd be something.

Here? They're literally just space wasters. Characters and weapons both. Once you're capped, which is easy to do, you cannot progress in any meaningful way to catch up to the Silicas of the world. You're quite literally just logging in for dailies to get the diamonds to pull for Silica.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Ranking more than anything.

But also, everything Quonny said is spot fucking on. In other gacha games I've played (I was a small whale when PAD came out, having spent easily over $1000 on that game...no shame), most gacha units serve SOME purpose. PAD is smart in that shit rolls can be converted to a specialty currency or can be used as inherit skills to diversify your team a bit more. In this game, a non-4* roll is actually useless. I'm not wanting to be super OP, but balance should be a top priority.

The thing is, it's not a skill ceiling. I have a Strea near maxed with gacha gear (minus mp earrings) and she pales in comparison to any Silica I partnered with. It shouldn't be that divisive. It tells me that those who pay will have a MUCH easier time than those who don't. Look at Gleam Eyes...People on reddit were talking about how they mowed him down with Silica. Everyone else talked about strats and how to bait him and all this shit. I fought him close to 20 times before I killed him. And when I was done, I got a C ranking because I'm not Silica and can't burst him down in a few seconds.

That's just not fun to me.

Psyfer

I wonder if these bans are actually just random. All the accounts I made during that time (that I've tested on Nox) are still playable, as well as the one on my phone.

I wonder if it had anything to do with deleting that cacert.pem file each time, as that was one thing I did that wasn't in the guide.

As for actually playing the game, I wish there was an option for virtual controls instead of this touch mess. Trying to clear the harder content and jumping when I mean to dash is getting old, fast. It doesn't help that I always miss the EXP extra quests, so my characters are still only in their low 40s.

Ranking more than anything.

But also, everything Quonny said is spot fucking on. In other gacha games I've played (I was a small whale when PAD came out, having spent easily over $1000 on that game...no shame), most gacha units serve SOME purpose. PAD is smart in that shit rolls can be converted to a specialty currency or can be used as inherit skills to diversify your team a bit more. In this game, a non-4* roll is actually useless. I'm not wanting to be super OP, but balance should be a top priority.

The thing is, it's not a skill ceiling. I have a Strea near maxed with gacha gear (minus mp earrings) and she pales in comparison to any Silica I partnered with. It shouldn't be that divisive. It tells me that those who pay will have a MUCH easier time than those who don't. Look at Gleam Eyes...People on reddit were talking about how they mowed him down with Silica. Everyone else talked about strats and how to bait him and all this shit. I fought him close to 20 times before I killed him. And when I was done, I got a C ranking because I'm not Silica and can't burst him down in a few seconds.

Stats definitely do matter a lot. I got destroyed by Gleam Eyes the first time I fought him too. That said, theres a 7 lvl jump in recommended level between the lvl before and Gleam Eyes. After I got destroyed, went to try Hard Mode to get a few level ups, went through xp hour and got Mother's Rosario (3rd Sword Skill). Coming back overleveled by 7 levels definitely made it easy to destroy him.

I don't have a Silica, so I can't really comment on how OP she is. That said, the majority of Silica players are probably those who have a lot of experience in gatcha games (since this is the group who knows about tier lists and the importance of re-rolling), so they are likely to be the ones who really grind / whale (to get top tier equipment). The 'beaters' of the game so to speak, so they are likely to out-level / out-gear content and just destroy it. I did see a video of Silica destroying Illfang Ex by spamming the dash, but well max level with max gatcha gear is probably unattainable unless you whale. The self-heal definitely makes her easier to play since your mistakes don't get punished unlike with other chars. Pretty much every other character has to be careful since you probably can only get hit 2 or 3 times before nearly dying, while she can just heal through it.

I played Chain Chronicle before this, and most low * units are not really worth it except at the start when your team cost is low / don't have a full party of 5*. In that game, it went Max Lvl (limit broken) Gatcha Char > Max Lvl Event Char > (Non-limit broken) Gatcha Char > Event Char > less than max* characters. Hopefully its the same here

Uthred

While the basic gameplay of the game is fun I'm honestly already a bit bored with it. Leveling up through the story was fun, but once you have one character at max level and stats it feels like theres very little incentive to max out a full team. Similarly there doesnt feel to be much to "do", all of the content is the same three or four rooms with the same small palette of monsters. I'll finish of the current event and see what the upcoming ones are like. But if they're all "Grind the same map to get X points" then I'm probably done with the game to be honest.

Edit: Only just realised there was a hard mode, my Sherlockian levels of observation failed me! ;)

Apparently there's a ranking system in the future.

I lied. I'm posting again.

One of the biggest issues is that the stat cap is low. You can take a character from 1 to 80 in two days and have most of their crystals capped. Afterwards, there is no progression except the gacha. In games like FFBE, even bad units give a reason to use them with their TMs. In games like Valkyrie Connect, the event items are 90% as good as gacha, and you can sell items for a token currency that can be used to buy gacha weapons. Here? Non-gacha weapons and non-4* characters are quite literally useless. They do nothing but fill space. If you could max a character and reroll them even into those stupid rainbow crystals that would be something. If you could break down weapons into some kind of special currency that could only be used in the weapon gacha, that'd be something.

Here? They're literally just space wasters. Characters and weapons both. Once you're capped, which is easy to do, you cannot progress in any meaningful way to catch up to the Silicas of the world. You're quite literally just logging in for dailies to get the diamonds to pull for Silica.

Ah the internet where literally is never literal ;) They are certainly worse than the superior equivalents but the equipment at least isnt literally useless. I do agree that there is basically nothing to do at the moment once you hit max level and stats, which with no stamina limits doesnt take very long. But apart from that SAO doesnt seem particularly unique in terms of gacha games, plenty of them have lower rarity characters that are useless and that you'll never use or low rarity equipment that you quickly outgrow and never use. I guess I'm just too used to it to get particularly upset about it.

I'm not wanting to be super OP, but balance should be a top priority.

Its a gacha game, balance is absolutely never a priority in gacha games, its about making money and I honestly cant think of a single gacha game that doesnt have a fairly hard tier list with sizeable gaps between tiers. I can totally understand being pissed off because top tier units have an easier time of it, but at the same time it seems ubiquitous, almost a defining element of the "genre" in some ways.

Its a gacha game, balance is absolutely never a priority in gacha games, its about making money and I honestly cant think of a single gacha game that doesnt have a fairly hard tier list with sizeable gaps between tiers. I can totally understand being pissed off because top tier units have an easier time of it, but at the same time it seems ubiquitous, almost a defining element of the "genre" in some ways.

You're absolutely right. I feel that the FE F2P Thread will be really interesting to read when people will find out how balance works in Gacha games.

Quonny

My arguments are a little misguided. I don't really have a problem with Silica being broken. It's the fact that there isn't any way to close the gap through time invested.

Silica can be OP, but let's take a look at FFBE. Say I never get Noctis, or Lightning, or Luneth, or anyone top tier. Let's say I only get a bunch of mid tier characters. There is always something that I can be doing to close that gap. I can farm TMs, some of which come from garbage characters that are common. I can farm awakening mats to star up my units. All of these things close the gap. Even grindtastic games like Granblue have the casino for summons and a weapon system where you can grind out the best weapons. While some characters are busted, none of that matters without the weapons that everyone can earn and cannot be bought.

In SAO, there is no gap closing. There is only the gacha. That's the problem. That's the biggest issue. The character you get is the character you get and that's that. The weapon you get is the weapon you get and that's that. A wasted roll is just that: a wasted roll.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

PAD is a great example of a counter arguement. While some leads are broken, other high-ish tier units are perfectly capable of dealing with the content. A god-tier roll will make the game easier if you have the skill to use it. In this game, it's not about skilled play. A god-tier unit (Silica) makes the game easier simply by being available. That's my gripe.

I know people will disagree with me, but I've been playing gacha games as long as anyone and I get the model. I also see when a model is explicitly exploitative, which SAO is close to. 2-3* pulls are nearly garbage tier, and that's a problem.

E: post above me put it best. A bad pull is a bad pull. There's no way of closing the gap. Monster Strike was notorious for this, too. There are virtually zero 4* gacha pulls that have ANY value - 5* or bust.

Quixzlizx

I played Chain Chronicle before this, and most low * units are not really worth it except at the start when your team cost is low / don't have a full party of 5*. In that game, it went Max Lvl (limit broken) Gatcha Char > Max Lvl Event Char > (Non-limit broken) Gatcha Char > Event Char > less than max* characters. Hopefully its the same here

You could fill out your party with Max Level event characters and be pretty well off in Chain Chronicle, especially since a warrior + healer team was very viable. The only gacha-only character I got in that game that I felt really made me OP compared to not having her was Lilith, and I didn't even have to limit break her for that to happen. I did have a LB3 F2P Mei I had just spent a week grinding right before I pulled Lilith, so I still probably would've been OK.

You could definitely get through the story content of CC with an all F2P party at least, unlike me with this game :lol

Edit: I forgot, there was one other gacha character (double Edit: Musica) that was important for high-level demon raid play who I also eventually pulled, but I don't remember her name. But that was end-game content rather than story content.

Uthred

PAD is a great example of a counter arguement. While some leads are broken, other high-ish tier units are perfectly capable of dealing with the content. A god-tier roll will make the game easier if you have the skill to use it. In this game, it's not about skilled play. A god-tier unit (Silica) makes the game easier simply by being available. That's my gripe.

I know people will disagree with me, but I've been playing gacha games as long as anyone and I get the model. I also see when a model is explicitly exploitative, which SAO is close to. 2-3* pulls are nearly garbage tier, and that's a problem.

I havent played PAD in a year or two but that is absolutely not how I recall it. You needed very specific units and teams to clear the harder stuff like Zeus, Hera, etc. and if you didnt have them them you were out of luck, I'd also say that the skill ceiling in PAD was remarkably low (or non-existent if you used the numerous online tools available). At best its a difference in degree but certainly not in kind.

Even grindtastic games like Granblue have the casino for summons and a weapon system where you can grind out the best weapons. While some characters are busted, none of that matters without the weapons that everyone can earn and cannot be bought.

Summons (the best/required ones are gacha exclusive) and weapons grids in Grandblue are useless without top-tier SSR characters to use them. Several of which are again gacha exclusive. Now Grandblue "kindly" lets you partially sidestep this by paying twenty five quid to get a specific character (or many many more quid to whale) and you can get great SSR units through absolutely ludicrous grind. But there is absolutely no denying that again being lucky with the gacha saves you a lot of time, effort and money.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I havent played PAD in a year or two but that is absolutely not how I recall it. You needed very specific units and teams to clear the harder stuff like Zeus, Hera, etc. and if you didnt have them them you were out of luck, I'd also say that the skill ceiling in PAD was remarkably low (or non-existent if you used the numerous online tools available). At best its a difference in degree but certainly not in kind.

The fact that you haven't played in a couple years shows with the reference to Zeus and Hera :lol

I mean that in a fun way. The game has changed a ton. There are so many options now that it's hard for me to get into new gacha games. It's my own fault really. But there are ways to do a more fair gacha game...SAO just doesn't seem to be that.

Kitoro

I'm a bit confused about the difficulty people are having with Gleam Eyes without Silica. I cleared him on Normal and Hard with 4* SAO Kirito without even noticing he was capable of posing a challenge.

Maybe Kirito is much better than the other B tier characters, but if they're all on-par, it's not that hard to reroll until one gets a B tier and press forth without issue.

I've 100%'d all available content so far without a hitch, and I've never even needed to swtich out Kirito once. I've got almost 5 multipulls saved up and ready to go once the new banners pop, and I'm hopeful that I'll nab an upgrade over Kirito, and if I don't, no content even makes him sweat yet, and I'm sure it won't for a while.

Kettch

My arguments are a little misguided. I don't really have a problem with Silica being broken. It's the fact that there isn't any way to close the gap through time invested.

Silica can be OP, but let's take a look at FFBE. Say I never get Noctis, or Lightning, or Luneth, or anyone top tier. Let's say I only get a bunch of mid tier characters. There is always something that I can be doing to close that gap. I can farm TMs, some of which come from garbage characters that are common. I can farm awakening mats to star up my units. All of these things close the gap. Even grindtastic games like Granblue have the casino for summons and a weapon system where you can grind out the best weapons. While some characters are busted, none of that matters without the weapons that everyone can earn and cannot be bought.

In SAO, there is no gap closing. There is only the gacha. That's the problem. That's the biggest issue. The character you get is the character you get and that's that. The weapon you get is the weapon you get and that's that. A wasted roll is just that: a wasted roll.

Eh, in my experience most gacha games start out pretty barebones just like SAO has.

Take FFBE for example. At the start, we didn't have half-price daily pulls. Summons were heavily weighted toward worthless characters (with no indication given like SAO has), while pull rates have now been stealth updated to be equal. Featured banners gave tiny pull boosts compared to what the game has now. And these days they're giving out tons of free shit.

I expect most of the same stuff to come to this game. At the very least, I've heard they're adding enhancements to old characters to bring them up to speed in the JP version. They also apparently have true rate up banners to combat that nasty 4%.

Uthred

The fact that you haven't played in a couple years shows with the reference to Zeus and Hera :lol

I mean that in a fun way. The game has changed a ton. There are so many options now that it's hard for me to get into new gacha games. It's my own fault really. But there are ways to do a more fair gacha game...SAO just doesn't seem to be that.

Yeah SAO certainly isnt great, not sure if its quite Dokkan bad but its certainly not great. Though I think now that the initial "Hey this is enjoyable" phase is wearing off the games myriad problems are becoming more apparent, but I suppose I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt for a while (unless FE is great in which case I'll likely relegate it to logging in for dailies). On the topic of gacha games in general, I really wish they'd all bring in the "Occasionally you get to just buy the character you want". Even if its expensive just getting the character you want can go a long way to easing frustration with a games gacha/RNG.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yeah SAO certainly isnt great, not sure if its quite Dokkan bad but its certainly not great. Though I think now that the initial "Hey this is enjoyable" phase is wearing off the games myriad problems are becoming more apparent, but I suppose I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt for a while (unless FE is great in which case I'll likely relegate it to logging in for dailies). On the topic of gacha games in general, I really wish they'd all bring in the "Occasionally you get to just buy the character you want". Even if its expensive just getting the character you want can go a long way to easing frustration with a games gacha/RNG.

As someone who is OK spending money on mobile games, I would LOVE to be able to just buy the shit I want.

chrono01

As someone who is OK spending money on mobile games, I would LOVE to be able to just buy the shit I want.
+1

I wish more games would do this. I'm hesitant to spend money on gatcha games (although I've done it more than once/twice/thrice/etc. in the past), but if more games offered a "choose-your-own-character, among the purchased currency, it would definitely become a more common thing for me.

Pejo

I dunno my dude, Mobius tried literally that - Buy 75 dollars worth of game currency, and you get the hot "job class" cards, and the entire community went into freak out mode.

I think people say they want to just be able to buy stuff, but at the end of the day, it's all about that virtual gambling, and the rush you get when you pull something good.

Anyways, I'm still really into the game. I've just been pulling every time I get 25 gems, and I've got a full team of 4* now. Seven - My starter after about 40 rerolls, then I got lucky and got a Yuuki, and just this morning pulled a 4* Lisbeth. Not a great character, but she kills those fucking golems that nothing else can touch, so that's good enough for me. I can also swap out PJ Asuna if I need that dagger weakness.

I really like just being able to steamroll the story stages as Yuuki, but I also really like playing Seven in multi-player for the heal and huge AoE. I am definitely concerned with content drought in a few weeks though. It looks like once you hit 80 and get some decent equipment, you can just steamroll through everything. Are there eventually story updates, or more content outside of grind/challenge events?

As a side note, I kinda miss a stamina system. I like knowing when I am done with a game for a few hours. Stockholm syndrome maybe?

You could fill out your party with Max Level event characters and be pretty well off in Chain Chronicle, especially since a warrior + healer team was very viable. The only gacha-only character I got in that game that I felt really made me OP compared to not having her was Lilith, and I didn't even have to limit break her for that to happen. I did have a LB3 F2P Mei I had just spent a week grinding right before I pulled Lilith, so I still probably would've been OK.

You could definitely get through the story content of CC with an all F2P party at least, unlike me with this game :lol

Edit: I forgot, there was one other gacha character (double Edit: Musica) that was important for high-level demon raid play who I also eventually pulled, but I don't remember her name. But that was end-game content rather than story content.

Yeah CC was great in that Max Level Demon units can carry you through most content. You probably do need friends to carry you in the first event to start that train rolling though, I know my first demon raid was purely relying on other people with event weapons doing all the work.

What i'm curious about is how powerful the fully limit broken free Kirito becomes. If a Level 100 Free Kirito is comparable to say a Level 80 4* Asuna, that will really help F2Pers.

SAO also has multiplayer, so hopefully more multiplayer events come out so the luckier players can help carry newcomers and build up the community. Maybe one thing is to allow you to control the supporter as a 4th party member instead of leaving it to the AI, so you get to play with all the OP units if you have them as a friend, makes having a good healer a lot more helpful too

Sora_N

Where are thee apps stored when I use Nox? I couldn't find it.

Sorry for bump, still wondering. However with FE coming out I'd rather play that and save re-rolling for that.

I can't really keep re-rolling SAO over and over, I'm close to just taking my friend's Strea account and just trying the game this week instead.

I still don't have any 4* anything.

chrono01

Sorry for bump, still wondering. However with FE coming out I'd rather play that and save re-rolling for that.

I can't really keep re-rolling SAO over and over, I'm close to just taking my friend's Strea account and just trying the game this week instead.

Sorry, I just saw the post.

You need to enable "Root" in Nox's settings (top right of the main panel). Then you can browse the explorer entirely.

Jeffrey

yeah i dont get how to beat kirito in this event.

he seems to have super armor the whole time while he can easily knock me back.

Feel like if I had a gamepad or something this would be doable... but the swipe controls just feel not precise enough.

Is there some secret to this fight?

Quixzlizx

Yeah CC was great in that Max Level Demon units can carry you through most content. You probably do need friends to carry you in the first event to start that train rolling though, I know my first demon raid was purely relying on other people with event weapons doing all the work.

What i'm curious about is how powerful the fully limit broken free Kirito becomes. If a Level 100 Free Kirito is comparable to say a Level 80 4* Asuna, that will really help F2Pers.

SAO also has multiplayer, so hopefully more multiplayer events come out so the luckier players can help carry newcomers and build up the community. Maybe one thing is to allow you to control the supporter as a 4th party member instead of leaving it to the AI, so you get to play with all the OP units if you have them as a friend, makes having a good healer a lot more helpful too

Max level demons weren't even required. I don't even think i used any demon units in my main party other than a LB2 Coro. There were several very useful fortune ring store units that could be guaranteed max limit broken, like Lindsay and Tristian.

And you're right that it really helped to have high-level friends, which is one of the things that aggravated me about this game.

darkwing

getting Silica will save you hours later on though

Articalys

If a single character is that broken that at a certain point you'll hit a wall without them, I almost want to just quit playing the game now out of spite for making things that imbalanced for people that either aren't lucky enough with normal character pulls or don't want to spend time re-playing the intro and re-downloading the game data over and over.

Should I be getting my 4* non-Nighty Asuna her third skill first? Or Seven? I've been using Seven mostly as a healer for my team, but am I missing out by not using her skills for damage output?

Pejo

Should I be getting my 4* non-Nighty Asuna her third skill first? Or Seven? I've been using Seven mostly as a healer for my team, but am I missing out by not using her skills for damage output?

Seven's 3rd skill is amazing. It's a multi-hit AoE that does huge damage and buffs your attack. I always use it when I have a group of monsters clumped up and it's available. Healing doesn't really matter too much in single player once you get good at judging distances and attack animation time.

tenton

Man, I just went into the game just trying to have fun. Didn't reroll, but pulled 1 4* character when I first hit 250 diamonds (after buying the 99 cent 50 diamond special)...and it was Silica. Though from a character perspective, I wanted Leafa. I guess I should be happy. :p

I think I would have had fun regardless, but this isn't a min/max game for me. :p

Top Bottom