• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Syndicate |OT|

frontieruk

Are you playing on consoles or PC? If PC my name is KelticKennedy, invite me! I am looking for people too.

Talk to thetrin ;)

I'm on PC. I'll add you in Syndicate and on Origin.

EDIT: Added you.

frontieruk, could you promote me to Board Member so I could invite my roommate to the Syndicate as well? (if CEO needs to invite, please invite RIDErepublicRIDE)

Promoted, can you add keltickennedy to the syndicate

Hold your horses hold your horses I'll join the gaf syndicate as soon as I'm done with the campaign ;D

Just join, nones rated yet anyway ;)

Is there a 360 Syndicate yet? I'm really loving the co-op even though I'm still pretty bad at it.
Look me up if you wanna run

Xbox GT: Mrninjaman

I am really loving this game it really scratches the cyberpunk itch. It's a setting I really love and wish we could get some more games in this setting. I'm worried now that this and Deus Ex are both out we are done with "big budget" cyberpunk for a while if only we could get a real shadowrun game now.

Will add your gt to the OT as ppl are looking

My dream is for Starbreeze to make a Blade Runner type game where you can explore different parts of a cool cyberpunk city and talk to NPCs and get missions. Similar to The Darkness and Deus Ex.
YES. I was hoping that's what this would be (I knew from the previews it wasn't going to be of course.) Maybe Syndicate 2.

I'm going to pick this game up tomorrow, and I have a question about the retail PC release:

Does the game activate on Steam or Origin for retail? If it's the latter, I'll probably just grab the 360 version or Steam DD version.

kami_sama

I'm going to pick this game up tomorrow, and I have a question about the retail PC release:

Does the game activate on Steam or Origin for retail? If it's the latter, I'll probably just grab the 360 version or Steam DD version.

The PC version can only be played on origin.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Someone to add me in origin? I'm kamisamamizu in there!

Gimme a few. I will add you to my friends list and invite you to the Syndicate.

Promoted, can you add keltickennedy to the syndicate

Thanks. Will do so in a sec.

EDIT: KelticKennedy needs to accept my friend request. I can't add him to the Syndicate yet.

Kamisamamizu, I've added you to my friends list. Please accept asap so I can add you to the syndicate.

YES. I was hoping that's what this would be (I knew from the previews it wasn't going to be of course.) Maybe Syndicate 2.

Not sure why anyone would expect that. Not even the original Syndicate was like that.

Syndicate has always been about carrying out short corporate espionage missions for your Syndicate of choice.

As much as I love Deus Ex and more open world RPG style games, I'd never want Syndicate to be that. I like the singular focus of Syndicate. You're a weapon for a large corporation, and you always have a singular focus.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I really don't get this hatred for Origin, like i don't understand the love for google.

There are little things I fucking hate about Origin. For one, the Origin overlay doesn't work for 90% of the Origin games I own.

Btw, frontieruk, I had to leave the GAF syndicate, as I was invited to my roommate's syndicate. Sorry. :O

(let's still play and be friends)

frontieruk

There are little things I fucking hate about Origin. For one, the Origin overlay doesn't work for 90% of the Origin games I own.

Btw, frontieruk, I had to leave the GAF syndicate, as I was invited to my roommate's syndicate. Sorry. :O

(let's still play and be friends)

nXevV.png

No worries I only put it up as a GAF thing I've been a little busy to play though :(

thetrin

Technically, I went to a Something Awful syndicate, so that really does make me a traitor.

triggaz

Banned
Drunken Triggaz add me on XBL really needs some people to play with man Randoms makes this game way harder than what it should be.

I just sent out some friend requests. I am already on a syndicate, but will end up leaving if the two people I play with now stop playing after going through all the co-op missions. I for one am hooked and addicted to leveling up abilities and weapons.

btw, how does everyone communicate together? In game? Or through skype?

frontieruk

∀ Narayan;35417891 said:
Add me on Origin. I'm interested in playing with some GAF members.

Origin ID: Turn-A

You had to post after I'd updated the OT didn't you ;)

Added on Origin, but obviously not in game as that would make to much sense for an EA game on an EA D2D platform...

I'll be on Syndicate all tomorrow night, Holla which platform you want on as I'll have the 360 version tomorrow as well.

Gimme a few. I will add you to my friends list and invite you to the Syndicate.

Thanks. Will do so in a sec.

EDIT: KelticKennedy needs to accept my friend request. I can't add him to the Syndicate yet.

Kamisamamizu, I've added you to my friends list. Please accept asap so I can add you to the syndicate.

Not sure why anyone would expect that. Not even the original Syndicate was like that.

Syndicate has always been about carrying out short corporate espionage missions for your Syndicate of choice.

As much as I love Deus Ex and more open world RPG style games, I'd never want Syndicate to be that. I like the singular focus of Syndicate. You're a weapon for a large corporation, and you always have a singular focus.

That's the way the last two Starbreeze games were (Riddick and Darkness), with hubs and linear levels branching out from the hubs.

Also this game's campaign is not about carrying out short missions for the syndicate of your choice. It's the usual modern go here, do this, this thing happens, WHOA YOUR RIDE GOT BLOWN UP, hop on another thing, completely scripted linear experience. The corporation is always the same, your partners are always the same , etc.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
holy motherfucking shitcity this game is taking all my praise and trying to shove it right back into my asshole with this assy worst made fucking garbage boss in history.... sheesh what were they thinking.

edit : that's it... I've had enough, motherfucker I'm about to cheat just give me the codes somebody. First time since the bloody nes that I've even considered cheating.

How assy is this.

Corky

Which boss you at lol

I'm on what I believe is the final boss
after killing those twins and having to face up against your partner, I am so so frustrated that I literally pulled hair from my head in sheer madness...

edit : seriously though please tell me I can cheat because I can't finish this, I've done the fight 100 times now, maybe for 2-3 hours straight, talk about leaving a bad taste in my mouth... anything good about this game has flown right out the window. And people say battletoads is difficult...

LuchaShaq

Banned
Finished up the single player today. Died less than 3 times whole game on normal and then died 7 times on the
twins girls+ merit fight would get both girls dead but couldnt figure out how they would reboot at the same time
really have no patience for ridiculous difficulty spikes especially when you can't change the difficulty on the fly. Was one or two more tries from just watching the ending on youtube because after the first/2nd attempt it just wasnt fun. Played a bit of the multiplayer but really bummed at the way syndicate invites only work in lobbies.

Despite being already done with the game and am selling it tomorrow, I;m still glad I bought it new since there wasn't some bullshit online pass included. If it had an online pass I would have just gotten it through gamefly.

thetrin

That's the way the last two Starbreeze games were (Riddick and Darkness), with hubs and linear levels branching out from the hubs.

Also this game's campaign is not about carrying out short missions for the syndicate of your choice. It's the usual modern go here, do this, this thing happens, WHOA YOUR RIDE GOT BLOWN UP, hop on another thing, completely scripted linear experience. The corporation is always the same, your partners are always the same , etc.

I honestly wish they hadn't bothered with a single player campaign. The multi is the reason this game exists, anyway.

Mechazawa

after killing those twins and having to face up against your partner, I am so so frustrated that I literally pulled hair from my head in sheer madness...

edit : seriously though please tell me I can cheat because I can't finish this, I've done the fight 100 times now, maybe for 2-3 hours straight, talk about leaving a bad taste in my mouth... anything good about this game has flown right out the window. And people say battletoads is difficult...

What problem are you having with him? He wasn't really hard, especially since none of the enemies in that encounter understand the concept of strafing around objects.

I honestly wish they hadn't bothered with a single player campaign.

Fuck that. I loved the SP.

Corky

What problem are you having with him? He wasn't really hard, especially since none of the enemies in that encounter understand the concept of strafing around objects.

My problem? My problems are

- he kills me like I'm nothing, fine I got to keep my distance ->
- ops! unless I totally nuke him he regains the health/shield
- I run out of ammo, run to the rack to get the shotguns WOPS SHOT IN THE FUCKING BACK
- He lowers shit, I raise them, ops die by grenades
- I get him to the final 50% of his hp and he starts running around with the pistol and I have no chance whatsoever omfg what a shitty boss...

seriously though fuck it, I can't enable god-mode yet people on youtube have, any idea how ? I'm not getting a heartattack because of this abhorrent boss.

frontieruk

Yup that was the one I thought you'd be at lol. It's a stupid difficulty spike right there. But you are sooooooo close

Corky

Yup that was the one I thought you'd be at lol. It's a stupid difficulty spike right there. But you are sooooooo close

Doesn't matter mate, fuck the spike - the game just plummeted so severely I don't even want to have it on my pc anymore ( and this is from the guy who said this was one of the best shooters he has played in a long time )

it's either figure out god-mode or uninstall

Shoot main dude till he falls down. Then start chipping away on the twins while also activating whatever cover you can to heal up. Whenever he gets back up target him again till he falls down. Rinse and repeat. Work the twins all the way down till you can run up and execute them. The take on Merit one on one. Remember cover, fire, run away, cover.

Mechazawa

My problem? My problems are

- he kills me like I'm nothing, fine I got to keep my distance ->
- ops! unless I totally nuke him he regains the health/shield
- I run out of ammo, run to the rack to get the shotguns WOPS SHOT IN THE FUCKING BACK
- He lowers shit, I raise them, ops die by grenades
- I get him to the final 50% of his hp and he starts running around with the pistol and I have no chance whatsoever omfg what a shitty boss...

Well, uh, some of this is kind of hard to offer tips for but...

Doesn't his shield work the same way as all the other shielded enemies? As soon as you pop his health bar to 50%, his current health bar is permanently invulnerable.

The shotgun/tar ammo you should book it towards for when you've gotten him behind one of the pillars.

You can raise pillars as soon as they start lowering. They don't have to go all the way down. You might already know that.

The grenades don't hit you immediately. They arch overhead and then land on top of you, don't they? Just panic and run somewhere else that isn't where you're immediately standing as soon as you see orange shit popping off on your head.

If it helps any, I know that the entire fight I never left the area with the ammo racks.

Riggs

Banned
So guys is this game worth the full $60 for 360? Heard campaign is 7 hours, kind of short to me. I doubt I will ever play co-op.

LuchaShaq

Banned
So guys is this game worth the full $60 for 360? Heard campaign is 7 hours, kind of short to me. I doubt I will ever play co-op.

Yes because if it's over too quick for you or you don't like it, you can sell it for 80-90% of what you bought it for since they didn't include a disgusting online pass.

Corky

Shoot main dude till he falls down. Then start chipping away on the twins while also activating whatever cover you can to heal up. Whenever he gets back up target him again till he falls down. Rinse and repeat. Work the twins all the way down till you can run up and execute them. The take on Merit one on one. Remember cover, fire, run away, cover.

Oh that first part is a joke, that's a walk in the park.

e immediately standing as soon as you see orange shit popping off on your head.

If it helps any, I know that the entire fight I never left the area with the ammo racks.

That has been my strategy as well, problem is that he runs past the pillars so quickly and just guns me down.

Anywho I got him, with the most asinine strategy there was, run to him and shoot him in the face with the shotgun while circle strafing around him as if it was doom 2. No tactic, no environment breaching no nothing, just straight up 1994 game design on that boss... I'm so salty right now.

Corky

Circle strafing is totally a legitimate strategy.

It didn't work when I was behind the glass section which is why I'm so fucking flabbergasted over the fact that doing it in a 1 feet radius from his face did... Anyways hopefully I'll quickly forget about this fight ( which incidentally started out pretty cool ) and focus on the rest of the game.

Corky

Can't be any worse than Deus Ex boss fights

oh my lord speaking of which, all the time during syndicate I kept thinking to myself how much more I like the bosses in syndicate and how easy they were compared with deus ex...

until this last one

Top Bottom