• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Syndicate |OT|

Platforming in this game really soured the experience. If the checkpoints were kinder it would have softened the blow.. Gunplay is live though!

frontieruk

The bloom in this game hurts my eyes. Please, please someone tell me there is a way to turn it off (PC version).

People are working on it... Which reminds me Corky those cmds you found on starbreeze forums look more like .ini calls, I think there are scripts relating to them in one of the folders. I wanted to grab a copy of starbreezes old level editor to have a poke around milestone 7 to see wtf they are calling to make the screen a brighter white than a laundry advert.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
People are working on it... Which reminds me Corky those cmds you found on starbreeze forums look more like .ini calls, I think there are scripts relating to them in one of the folders. I wanted to grab a copy of starbreezes old level editor to have a poke around milestone 7 to see wtf they are calling to make the screen a brighter white than a laundry advert.

Cool man, keep us updated if you figure something out. I mean really, a fov tweak shouldn't be impossible, should it?

george_us

These are *far* worse.

Faaaaar, faaaaar worse.
Hell no these fights aren't worse, not by a long shot. Probably the only annoying fight was the dude with
the rocket launcher
but I've had fun with the other ones. All of the Deus Ex boss fights were hot liquid garbage.

Corky

Oh just jumped into the coop menus and it seems very meaty :O, what's the gaf syndicate?

frontieruk

Oh just jumped into the coop menus and it seems very meaty :O, what's the gaf syndicate?

You have to be invited corky, add me or nin90 in game and we'll sort it ASAP thetrin used to be able to help but he got taken over by a rival syndicate as he's weak minded ;)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Just finished the SP. Final boss was pretty easy once you got down how to avoid attacks. Pretty cool game overall. Amazing gunplay through and through. I managed to get this really cheap with Amazon credit so I'm extremely happy with with. Probably my biggest complaint is that the first 12 Milestones are basically just a prologue for the last 8, which seem to be more of the game that Starbreeze wanted to make. Those missions are a lot meatier, more fleshed out, and have much better enemy and weapon variety. I hope this does well enough for a sequel. It was damn good and with some more time and polish a sequel could be fucking amazing.

Time for co-op. What's the PS3 GAF Syndicate again?

zugzug

WoW I saw Destructoid finish single player of this on Twitch TV stream....
and man it looks like it rivals the worst endings of the yeah title, right up there with Rage.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
WoW I saw Destructoid finish single player of this on Twitch TV stream....
and man it looks like it rivals the worst endings of the yeah title, right up there with Rage.

Not really. Rage's was a lot more abrupt. It was fine for what it was.

One more thing about the ending:
WTF was that few seconds of jazz about? Was it something I missed?

frontieruk

Just finished the SP. Final boss was pretty easy once you got down how to avoid attacks. Pretty cool game overall. Amazing gunplay through and through. I managed to get this really cheap with Amazon credit so I'm extremely happy with with. Probably my biggest complaint is that the first 12 Milestones are basically just a prologue for the last 8, which seem to be more of the game that Starbreeze wanted to make. Those missions are a lot meatier, more fleshed out, and have much better enemy and weapon variety. I hope this does well enough for a sequel. It was damn good and with some more time and polish a sequel could be fucking amazing.

Time for co-op. What's the PS3 GAF Syndicate again?

Should be in the OT... If its not complain to the lazy git up keeping it... I really need to get to sleep, physio bright and early :(

Corky

Can someone explain the story to me... the game lost me halfway through the game and I had nooo idea what the hell was going on.

frontieruk

Can someone explain the story to me... the game lost me halfway through the game and I had nooo idea what the hell was going on.

Some guys killed some other fellas cos the other guy ordered it, the guy who ordered it had the guys parents killed for being cheap bastards or that's the claim, personally I thought their apt was nice. Anyway some scientist had got fed up of the killing and threats on everyone's lives so decided to risk hers and everyone else's by getting all the syndicates at each others throats while really corrupting the guy whos parents were killed. Or something

Mechazawa

One more thing about the ending:
WTF was that few seconds of jazz about? Was it something I missed?

You mean at the end of the credits?

That was so god damn weird. It started playing right when the credits were wrapping up and cut off without even finishing.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
You mean at the end of the credits?

That was so god damn weird. It started playing right when the credits were wrapping up and cut off without even finishing.

That's what I thought. I guess it was just an in joke from the dev team or something.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Wow at that end boss. What a lord of horseshit that was. Thank god this mess is done and over with.

I guess all the talented folks at Starbreeze really did end up at Machinegames.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Finished the co-op on Normal with my Syndicate tonight. I really enjoyed it. A bit on the short side, but each mission seems like a good length, and the powers you get as you level really make teamwork far easier.

Also, it's really nice that you can breach and do other stuff at the same time.

Going to play more of the SP campaign tonight, though I can't imagine it being anywhere as good as the co-op.
Is the 'Virus' ability as useless as it seems?

I've used it a ton, and I don't think I've got a single point from damage dealt.

it's useful once you upgrade it. It hits through reactive/liquid armor, AND you can upgrade it so that it passes between enemies once it's used.

You have to be invited corky, add me or nin90 in game and we'll sort it ASAP thetrin used to be able to help but he got taken over by a rival syndicate as he's weak minded ;)

My Syndicate finished the campaign on normal today! What has GAF Inc done?!

(we should totally play some time)

it's useful once you upgrade it. It hits through reactive/liquid armor, AND you can upgrade it so that it passes between enemies once it's used.

K, That last upgrade is the only one left on it.

As for passing through armor, I can't keep track of all the terms. Does that mean that I don't have to breach the armor first to start dealing damage, or I do, and after that it will start dealing damage?

I've already gone through all the missions on hard, it's getting a little easy though so I may go up to expert for the boost in points.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
K, That last upgrade is the only one left on it.

As for passing through armor, I can't keep track of all the terms. Does that mean that I don't have to breach the armor first to start dealing damage, or I do, and after that it will start dealing damage?

I've already gone through all the missions on hard, it's getting a little easy though so I may go up to expert for the boost in points.

It means it'll go through armor before breaching, I believe.

I'm enjoying this a lot more than Deus Ex. I'm not even really into shooters, but something about this keeps my attention. I do feel like I should have waited till it went cheap, because it definitely will.

I'm enjoying this a lot more than Deus Ex. I'm not even really into shooters, but something about this keeps my attention. I do feel like I should have waited till it went cheap, because it definitely will.

Meh, think of it as doing your part to get the game into the February NPDs. :p

It means it'll go through armor before breaching, I believe.

That's what I figured, but the damn life-bars just show 'immune' so you have no idea if it's doing anything or not until you breach and see the life-bar.

Wow! I just fully upgraded the C2C pulse app and the battery app and they make expert mode easy. C2C pulse app make your team invincible. The battery app instantly refills your apps bars. With the battery app you could use the C2C pulse app two times in a row.

Insta win!

Wow! I just fully upgraded the C2C pulse app and the battery app and they make expert mode easy. C2C pulse app make your team invincible. The battery app instantly refills your apps bars. With the battery app you could use the C2C pulse app two times in a row.

Insta win!

Yeah, that's pretty much my support class loadout.

Natiko

Banned
What the fuck is wrong with the coop in this game? Me and several friends have tried to play it and someone's 360 always freezes part way through the mission.

What the fuck is wrong with the coop in this game? Me and several friends have tried to play it and someone's 360 always freezes part way through the mission.

I've heard party chat has something to do with it. If you're not in party chat and it's still happenening I don't know what to tell you.

Xander51

Thanks to the mention of the Amazon deal earlier in the thread, I just picked this up for PC. Looking forward to trying it out, this is my first Syndicate game. I've been meaning to pick up the original off of GoG, since it's one of those I've always meant to play.

thetrin

Thanks to the mention of the Amazon deal earlier in the thread, I just picked this up for PC. Looking forward to trying it out, this is my first Syndicate game. I've been meaning to pick up the original off of GoG, since it's one of those I've always meant to play.

Definitely check out the original. It's an amazing game. Funnily enough, I still wish Persuade in this game was a Persuadotron weapon, and not a hacking ability.

Natiko

Banned
I've heard party chat has something to do with it. If you're not in party chat and it's still happenening I don't know what to tell you.

Ah okay, that'd probably be it then. Really bizarre. We finally manged to get everyone through the first mission after five tries. I guess we'll just do it without a party from now on or in skype. Thanks!

-played a number of co-op mission and still haven't got a upgrade rom for applications, how do you get them?

-what does DART do in co-op other than let you see enemies?

-what does joining a Syndicate do? Is it a clan or are there benefits?

foxdvd

Platforming in this game really soured the experience. If the checkpoints were kinder it would have softened the blow.. Gunplay is live though!

There was hardly any platforming in the game. I also read someone complaining about the timed platforming...REALLY? There was like one spot with that, and it took 20 seconds to get past.

Just finished on Hard.

I loved the game, though it was just not long enough. The coop makes it still worth the price, but I finished in about 5 hours on hard. Its not like I even rushed it. I scratch my head at one review that said it took her 15 hours on normal to beat it. I just don't see how.

The game was not hard enough. I was excited and scared when early buzz was that the game was brutal. I think everyone agrees the Call of Duty games have gotten easier on veteran, but even MW2 was harder than this. The only time it was hard was when I was trying to beat a boss in a weird way to get the achievement.

I also heard some people say you can not run and gun this. I had no problem running and gunning, especially once I had a few upgrades. It was a lot of fun actually.

The last few levels were amazing though, and I wished the whole game was like them. Now for some coop...

Xander51

Definitely check out the original. It's an amazing game. Funnily enough, I still wish Persuade in this game was a Persuadotron weapon, and not a hacking ability.

I totally will pick it up. This new game is the perfect excuse to finally do it.

thetrin

-played a number of co-op mission and still haven't got a upgrade rom for applications, how do you get them?

1) Upgrade ROM Modules are chip upgrades

2) That's it. Guns like the Kusanagi AR can punch through cover in scoped mode, so DART becomes more useful with weapons that can penetrate cover.

3) Everyone in the Syndicate has shared goals that when met give everyone an XP Boost. Also it automatically populates your friends list with syndicate members, making it easier to find a game in case not many of your other friends are playing Syndicate.

When you are fully upgraded and have all the perks, dart mode can increase your defense, gun damage, and health regen. Plus it can help you see cloaked enemies and help you spot out the enemies that block your apps.

There was hardly any platforming in the game. I also read someone complaining about the timed platforming...REALLY? There was like one spot with that, and it took 20 seconds to get past.
I don't enjoy jumping sections in FPS, it grinds my carnage high to a screeching halt. i won't play the single player ever again for that, as well as the time killing tedium and unskippable cutscenes.,i hope co-op solo is fun, because if its not i just burned 60 bones on a renter.

Quite enjoying the game so far, it plays really nicely, it wouldn't surprise me if the game is more widely looked at fondly once we're a year removed from all of the drama surrounding the game and more people pick it up on the cheap to give it a go.

Top Bottom