• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Berseria |OT| The Band of the Crowe

Astrael

Once people could
see Daemons and thus Malevolence they should have been able to see the floating bits of Malevolence. The change brought on when leaving Palamedes was highly noticeable. Even normal citizens should have the resonance high enough. Only way this shouldn't happen is if a Therion was in place or a Malakh/Seraph is a lord of the land. I'm guessing worship to the water Empyrion either sufficed or was literally the latter.

This is how I understood the story to this section (after Palamedes):
The malevolence in that village only came about because the Abbey/Theresa had just recently butted in and laid down the law "no more worshipping Amenoche after centuries of doing so", coinciding with the disappearance of high priestess and her daughter. They were happy and peaceful until the Abbey intervention, and the anxiety of not knowing what to do anymore with their spiritual leader going missing drove them over the edge. It was most likely planned that way by the Abbey since the newly-trapped Therion fed off this freshly created malevolence. Which is why it only was blatantly visible after the Therion was removed and not before she was trapped.

Also, thanks for posting the new Velvet art I needed a new lock screen image. :)

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
This is how I understood the story to this section (after Palamedes):
The malevolence in that village only came about because the Abbey/Theresa had just recently butted in and laid down the law "no more worshipping Amenoche after centuries of doing so", coinciding with the disappearance of high priestess and her daughter. They were happy and peaceful until the Abbey intervention, and the anxiety of not knowing what to do anymore with their spiritual leader going missing drove them over the edge. It was most likely planned that way by the Abbey since the newly-trapped Therion fed off this freshly created malevolence. Which is why it only was blatantly visible after the Therion was removed and not before she was trapped.

Also, thanks for posting the new Velvet art I needed a new lock screen image. :)

Yeah, that makes sense. Thanks.

Your welcome!

Cornbread78

o1qGpGn.png

Waifu

But, but, but she told drunk Rokuro that she couldn't drink since she was only 19....

Archtreyz

So I'm at the point where I
have the geoboard, fought the dragon, went back to Titania and now I'm going north of Hellawes.
How far away am I? Trying to decide whether to shelf this game for a bit or plow through it.

Trojita

So on my way out of Southgand I wanted to make sure I did everything I could. I recalled I didn't really play the Bienfu Water Jumping minigame very well and I thought I saw you got items for it. First time I had done it before this I had done horrible and just skipped it. I tried it again on easy and did better but not great, think I got a C or something, but now I kind of understood it.

On a whim I decided to do the Very Hard one right afterwards. I saw the inputs and at first said "OMG, how am I supposed to do this?" Then I was running the motions through my hands and realized I could do a synchronized loop if my dexterity was up for it.

What happened next I did not expect.

Bienfu went ridiculously fast like he was on Speedforce. I ended up getting a S+++ rank or whatever the highest was way above the top record.

Avallon

I beat the game yesterday. It took me 75 hours. I played it on Intense with DLC. The final dungeon was a slog and I used my level up items (went from 80ish to 120ish) just so I could geoboard through the enemies without having to fight them.

I really want to platinum this game, but Horizon/Zelda/Nier/Etc. are all either here or coming very soon. I'm intrigued by this game's end game content: bonus dungeon, dual mystic artes, level 10 items that evolve... this game has so much going for it.

I really hope I can get back to it some day.

benzopil

I beat the game yesterday. It took me 75 hours. I played it on Intense with DLC. The final dungeon was a slog and I used my level up items (went from 80ish to 120ish) just so I could geoboard through the enemies without having to fight them.

I really want to platinum this game, but Horizon/Zelda/Nier/Etc. are all either here or coming very soon. I'm intrigued by this game's end game content: bonus dungeon, dual mystic artes, level 10 items that evolve... this game has so much going for it.

I really hope I can get back to it some day.

Same. I'll probably platinum GR2 instead, it's faster.

Plus I don't really wanna come back so soon after the ending, still thinking about what happened.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Finished it last night, definitely the best Tales cast since Vesperia. The ending was about what I expected though the credit imagery was....a thing I guess. It was great seeing
Milla and Jude make a guest appearance in the game, I sort of wish Namco would have them in as secret party characters for fun even if they were DLC

Question about the last dungeon (which was Lighthouse of Pharos bad).
was there any advantage to beating the 7 sub bosses? A couple of them were completely skippable as I got up to where Innominat/Artorius was without fighting them (but I went back and fought them before starting the last boss fight)

Avallon

was there any advantage to beating the 7 sub bosses? A couple of them were completely skippable as I got up to where Innominat/Artorius was without fighting them (but I went back and fought them before starting the last boss fight)

The sub bosses give you each character's level 3 break soul and mystic arte. I believe there are only 6 for that reason.

wighti

Finished it last night, definitely the best Tales cast since Vesperia. The ending was about what I expected though the credit imagery was....a thing I guess. It was great seeing
Milla and Jude make a guest appearance in the game, I sort of wish Namco would have them in as secret party characters for fun even if they were DLC

Apart from getting L3 mystic artes don't think they serve any other purpose

Cornbread78

I find it hilarious about how many people Velvet murdered in cold blood and the general apathy she feels towards other lives, but THATS where she crosses the line.

Alcohol is not part of her vengeance. She isn't a renegade, she's just out for justice, lol.

Beat the game just a bit ago. Overall thoughts...

It's certainly better then the past few Tales of games but for the most part the game just isn't that good it just has some really good moments and some really good characters with good development. The problem is it that its so uneven which is largely what you can say about the whole game and I think the game falls back on its standard anime tropes far to easily when it had such a different concept (playing the Villian's story) from the get go.

I also really would have liked to have seen Seres as a main character, also Dyle (the lizardman demon I think thats his name), and a few others at least as temporary party members would have been interesting.

Why does everyone say "play with the japanese audio!!"

Whats so bad sbout the english audio outside of Komoana?

40 hours in, still dont see these characters as villians, seem like good guys to me.

Rainy

Banned
I loved the English VA.

Also Ray Chase, who voiced Arthur, also voiced Noctis from FFXV. Crazy to think about haha.

How close am I to the end.....Just got to the part where Teresa
looks pretty damn good as demon lady and velvet bugs out and kills them both. Still don't see her as a villian....But yeah, that was pretty rough, felt bad, kind of

Trojita

LMAO

From crossovers of properties I never expected.

Tales of Berseria and Hello Kitty are having a cross merchandise promo

YUEk0uC.jpg

wzinUVe.jpg

aOP9N3U.jpg

SwZ2jH4.jpg

ASiaErv.jpg

iZxGbt9.jpg

If they had plushies I'd buy them so fast.

Yoooooo so I just saw flash backs a plenty and of course phi is the man, liberally didn't expect myself to really fall for this game, but this story is way better than say.....Vesperia

Bought this game last sunday to keep me busy until Persona 5 releases. Around 20 hours in and loving it so far. How come there are only 4 stages for artes customization when you can do a 5 arte combo with max souls though? Which arte gets selected as the 5th one? Is it random or something?

kewlmyc

Bought this game last sunday to keep me busy until Persona 5 releases. Around 20 hours in and loving it so far. How come there are only 4 stages for artes customization when you can do a 5 arte combo with max souls though? Which arte gets selected as the 5th one? Is it random or something?

It loops back around after using 4 artes.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I finally decided to give Kaldaien's mod / fix a try and the frame rate is faaaaar smoother now. Starting my new game+...

Taruranto

Need to reach
Velvet's hometown
, time for another slog through boring environments and dungeons.

Hopefully I'm close to the end, I think I had more fun with Zestiria at this point despite the worse plot.

jorgeton

I think I understand why people say this is the darkest Tales game now

I think I'm 70% of the way in, in an earthpulse. Major spoilers:
That whole sequence in the earth pulse when you find out about Inominat. Holy shit, it has me shook. Poor Velvet. A care giver, who is taken advantage of by two selfish (who think they're selfless) men. That level of betrayal was brutal, even to me, the player lol. I did not see any of that coming. The protracted dungeon-long nervous breakdown was almost too much to bear.

I mean, I was loving this game before, but that just elevated it to a different level.

Top Bottom