• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Graces ƒ |OT| Gracing the PS3 with the Best RPG Combat

Goli

Stores here in Chile don't get the game till Friday so no ToGf for me till then, on the other hand, I would have been able to play it if I got it today since I'm a bit overwhelmed with homework and projects for uni, but oh well.
Normally stores here do get games at the same time as NA but since this game is probably understocked and not one of Bamco's priorities, shipments are probably delayed or not high in the priority list or something.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Well, after quite a few battles on Lhant Hill and Lhant Road... I have to say that upon getting into town and talking to people, the NPC dialogue is nicely localized.

Also, if people are finding the child combat boring, try switching to Sophie to get things done faster. You'll have to handle casting First Aid yourself, but it isn't that difficult.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
It's not an inconsistency.
闘技島 = Warrior's Roost
ライオットピーク = Riot Peak

Former is the island, latter is the tower.

Ah, I misunderstood then. I apologize.

me want know same

doing to 5 takes a while whereas 3 is a good stopping place. a lot of the important stuff are lat level 3 so you definitely want to get those. everything above that is extra though. It's all choice. How do you want to customize your character? See the stats and you essentially choose.

FSLink

Banned
So titles.

Should I grind all of them out to 5 stars? Is it worth it?

You can also go beyond 5 stars by the way to "Master" titles. And yes, there's a benefit to grinding them out, some titles get unlocked that way.... though don't be shy about switching titles up if you want to learn a title that has an arte first or whatever.

doing to 5 takes a while whereas 3 is a good stopping place. a lot of the important stuff are lat level 3 so you definitely want to get those. everything above that is extra though.
good to know

You can also go beyond 5 stars by the way to "Master" titles. And yes, there's a benefit to grinding them out, some titles get unlocked that way.... though don't be shy about switching titles up if you want to learn a title that has an arte first or whatever.
also good to know

thanks

I have another stupid question, earlier on in the game it said something about sidequests being somewhere. Where do I go to view them? I pressed X too fast and missed it...

So titles.

Should I grind all of them out to 5 stars? Is it worth it?

I recommend getting them 5, because the stat boosts you get are pretty essential, and some of the skills unlocked at 5 are great. Of course, for some titles its best to just leave to later as you prioritise others, but it is worth it in the end.

after 3 hours of amazon refresh it now says "shipped" ..i can finally do something else to pass the time. See you all in 10 days when i'll receive my copy for real..

john tv

I have another stupid question, earlier on in the game it said something about sidequests being somewhere. Where do I go to view them? I pressed X too fast and missed it...

Totally going on memory, but I think it might be Library ➡ User's Guide? It's in the library somewhere, anyway.

huh. it's telling me to meet up the guests at the manor guest chamber, but the guard says I need to talk to the dad. Where is the dad?

nvm triggered something outside.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
The Child Arc is quite a bit longer than I originally though.

Luckily the voices are bearable. I just got Pascal and oh... my... gosh... Great job on Pascal's lines but man the voice acting.... Love Hubert and Richard though. Just got to
Wallbridge. Gotta fight Kyokan!

Finally Mr.UPS showed up with my game. Or more like left it outside the door without even bothering knocking.

But, just gotta finish up some homework and other assorted stuff before I can finally play~

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Heh. I'd forgotten how much I liked the childhood skits.

They're nicely localized too. Even if I have personal gripes with a few things in this game (but that's cuz I've been stuck with the JP version for a few years), 8-4 localizations are generally top-notch and I like 'em a lot. :)

Luckily the voices are bearable. I just got Pascal and oh... my... gosh... Great job on Pascal's lines but man the voice acting.... Love Hubert and Richard though. Just got to
Wallbridge. Gotta fight Kyokan!
Question:
Do Asbel and Sophie call him "instructor" in English, or do they call him by his name? So used to just calling him Kyokan off-hand.

"YAY SPARKLIES" -> "GODDAMN ANOTHER NAIL" -> "AHHHHH MORE NAILS"

Repeat for an hour.
Reminds me of what I had to do in Xillia for those damn Black Feathers.

I'm currently
About to enter the cave under Lhant hill with Asbel, Sophie, and Cheria
I'm loving the combat so far, though I want to have a bit more CC so I can experiment more with comboing between A and B artes. I feel like I go all B or all A every combo.

Chris R

I hate this thread. Nowhere locally had copies, so ordered from Amazon :< Won't be here until next week sometime though.

STOP hyping up games gaf, gosh.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I hope we get the Idolm@ster costumes.

I want the Miku costume myself.

toghats004_thumb.jpg

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Got my first trophy for completing the first arc, yay.

Do I need to complete the collection/discovery guides to get a trophy?

RPGCrazied

How far is everyone?

I'm 7 hours in.

I'm in the seaside cavern. I just found out Asbel's father died and he gave up his Knighthood.

Thats it for today. :) When do you get to play the card game?

BY2K

Membero Americo
Ugh, having basic attacks and artes on the same button is confusing a bit.

I'm too used to the Vesperia/Abyss/Symphonia way.

RPGCrazied

I think it might be easier to master titles in a 2nd play-through. Cause titles can carry over via the grade shop. I'm sure its safe to assume all the skills within a title will be kept and carry over?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
how come you're playing?! I thought its hell week?!

I completed 80% of my work before I touched Graces. :)

I work fast haha.

ahh that's probably why.

btw: I'm still a bit confused about CC. I'm not too sure why "CC+7" or w/e pops up, and why sometimes I have 4 CC, but sometimes 6 or w/e.

You have a range of CC like 4 CC~6 CC, you begin the battle with 4 CC as you land hits the blue bar under your hp goes up, when it's filled up you get +1 CC going to 5 CC, and then next to 6 CC, after your maximum CC you go back to your minimum CC, getting hit by enemies can make you lose CC too.

The "CC+7" are recover you get, so insted of waiting to recover CC you do some action that does this, like sidestep at the right time, hitting an enemy that has been stuned, etc.

RPGCrazied

I think it might be easier to master titles in a 2nd play-through. Cause titles can carry over via the grade shop. I'm sure its safe to assume all the skills within a title will be kept and carry over?

Anyone that has beat the Japanese version answer this for me?

You have a range of CC like 4 CC~6 CC, you begin the battle with 4 CC as you land hits the blue bar under your hp goes up, when it's filled up you get +1 CC going to 5 CC, and then next to 6 CC, after your maximum CC you go back to your minimum CC, getting hit by enemies can make you lose CC too.

The "CC+7" are recover you get, so insted of waiting to recover CC you do some action ta does this, like sidestep at the right time, hitting an enemy that has been stuned, etc.

ahh makes sense. This feels so different from symphonia folks games. Gotta play a bit more .. smart lol.

scy

Hrm ... thought it was 200/300 battles for Evil/Chaos. Looks like that's not the case. Wanted to do Evil before the
Bryce
fight. Oh well. Guess I'll grindan some more and get Evil before the end of
childhood

Also, that sad moment when I realized that Cheria isn't the main female. I hope I like Sophie more later... :(

Top Bottom