• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia |OT| "Progress" It's Been 15 Years. . .

FSLink

Banned
Datschge said:
As mentioned before it's in, it's called Moving Assault.

They used the beginning quote ("If there's evil..." blabla) from Phantasia in the trailers.
Oh, right. I always saw that as a neat nod to Phantasia, that's all. I guess now that you mention it people could mistake it as a hint for the game to be in the Aselia universe.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
How big is the game physically (like how many GBs) as compared to Graces f and Vesperia PS3?

Torraz

Hooray, my free shipping order from yesasia arrived today (Netherlands). No bonus figure thingy though. A bit faster than usual.

:edit:

I'm sitll unsure whether I received the first edition DLC. Is it on a greenish piece of paper in the manual? It says something like tales of xillia and 15th anniversary on top.

On the other side is a picture of the yellow haired girl in a bunny/maid~esque outfit and a commercial for the star driver BR/DVDs. Is this the DLC card/code?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Paracelsus said:
~6gb, Graces is ~7 and Vesperia about 7.3.

Wow, I'm surprised the game is smaller than Vesperia and Graces. :/

Varion

Torraz said:
I'm sitll unsure whether I received the first edition DLC. Is it on a greenish piece of paper in the manual? It says something like tales of xillia and 15th anniversary on top.
Yeah the first press code is a green bit of paper with a XXXX-XXXX-XXXX type code in the middle.

Holy shit that hidden dungeon boss was crazy hard. Went to see him for the kill at levels 86-88, first try I got killed at the last stage and second time it went I'd say relatively more easily than before but it was still a very hard battle.
I thought he would only divide into two beings and then die, but no that f*cker multiplied himself by 3...two of him was already not easy, but 3 at the same time is ridiculous.

However, the pain was worth it, fell arms unlocked so their power went through the roof. Also a trophy and some Grade.

I'm currently at 5870 Grade, but soon will be at 7070 at least because in a few hours I should be L.Lv 99 with everyone (90-92 now). Got all shops at Lv100 also!

Rpgmonkey

Paracelsus said:
~6gb, Graces is ~7 and Vesperia about 7.3.

Speaking of this, I'm guessing the videos in Xillia aren't 1080p?

I was already pretty sure this game wasn't going to eat up a ton of space (I was somewhat surprised to find out the game's size is still small enough to fit on a 360 game disc, however), but I was hoping they'd go for 1080p with the way they were hyping up the animation scenes.

kiryogi

Banned
Rpgmonkey said:
Speaking of this, I'm guessing the videos in Xillia aren't 1080p?

I was already pretty sure this game wasn't going to eat up a ton of space (I was somewhat surprised to find out the game's size is still small enough to fit on a 360 game disc, however), but I was hoping they'd go for 1080p with the way they were hyping up the animation scenes.
720 all the waaay.

matmanx1

Cool to see this game with over 1100 replies while it's still only in Japan. I hope the game's popularity, review scores and good word of mouth help NB decide to localize it for the rest of the world because I would love to play through this again in English.

Still, I'm enjoying it in Japanese even if I don't understand all of it. The game's visuals and (so far) soundtrack continually impress me.

kiryogi

Banned
matmanx1 said:
Cool to see this game with over 1100 replies while it's still only in Japan. I hope the game's popularity, review scores and good word of mouth help NB decide to localize it for the rest of the world because I would love to play through this again in English.

Still, I'm enjoying it in Japanese even if I don't understand all of it. The game's visuals and (so far) soundtrack continually impress me.
Yes. I have to say its my most prolific import/Tales topic to date. It makes me very happy when I saw how many folks were actually going to import it :D of course I intend for this to be used domestically if the day ever comes.

kaioshade

Namco seems content to release one tales game, then skip the next 5. I am definitely not holding my breath for this game to be translated.

RpgN

Torraz said:
Hooray, my free shipping order from yesasia arrived today (Netherlands). No bonus figure thingy though. A bit faster than usual.

:edit:

On the other side is a picture of the yellow haired girl in a bunny/maid~esque outfit and a commercial for the star driver BR/DVDs. Is this the DLC card/code?

I got it from Yesasia yesterday as well, it came with a bonus figure keychain and handkerchief :D The cover also mentions the inclusion of a PS3 theme and costumes, I'm happy!

I haven't opened the case though since I probably won't be playing this for a while. Bunny/maid outfit would be good.

mintylurb

kiryogi said:
Maid/Butler outfits up! 300y a piece. Also hats/tippo attachments are up as well. FINALLY
Yes, Finally!

full.jpg

jae

Just finished the Milla path. I was disappointed in the final battle. Low to mid 60s on normal and it was really very easy. Expected another round, but it just .... that was it. Not doing any of the post game stuff on this play. Saving that for the Jude run.

Overall I ended up enjoying it much more after chapter two, but I have the same complaints that others do about the field maps and general lack of content & polish. Maybe when we see Xillia Directors Cut in 2013.

Ranks well behind ToDr, Vesperia, Graces, and Rebirth for me.

Was anyone who got the X Edition to the uk or any other 240v country brave enough to try it without a step down converter - just got mine and wondering whether it needs one.

Varion

R_thanatos said:
Thanks both of you ...

Anyway i dunno why but on the last 2 days i got the black screen while booting my Tales of Xillia .. it's just weird , now i feel that the loading of the game ( boot ) is longer ..

if this is a common issue , i hope they patch it somehow ...
I've had issues with that too. Weirdly I've been able to get around it by taking the disc out and putting it back in again. If I leave the disk in overnight then immediately try to boot the game, it freezes. If I leave the disk in overnight, eject it, put it straight back in and then boot the game, it always works. Weird.

Not long after you meet
Leia
and leave the town there's a cave or mine of some sort that you enter. There's a cutscene then you leave. There only seems to be one other place to go - into a hole in a wall where the enemies are super strong. Is this the right way or am I just really under-levelled? :/

cnet128

Banned
My copy of the game just arrived (from YesAsia to Germany, free shipping). I was pleasantly surprised to find that the code for free costumes was included (wasn't expecting that seeing as my preorder didn't ship until a few days after the release). I also got a little Jude. Yay or something.

Totally going to go and play the game like crazy as soon as I'm done reading GAF. Hype hype hype.

kiryogi said:
I absolutely think Alvin is great too, and especially how he composes himself on all fronts. But folks reading spoilers, or having no idea what's actually going on judge him otherwise.
IMO he's the best
traitor
character of all the TS games thus far.

Just to complain while I'm here... This person needs to learn to spoiler a little better. (Only the one word was spoilered in the original post.)
I didn't even have to highlight that word to be 99% sure I knew what it was. So, uh, thanks for spoiling the game for me =/

Last night I played for 2h30 and lost what I did, just because of some f*cking stone spell that hit everyone at the same time...

So I had to redo this today, and finally everyone's at L.Lv 99. I still need one longchat for the title. The only one I can hope to get in this playthrough is the one after 100 revives with spells. Other than that, I still want to spam some moves for titles and it should be good for Jude's side. Currently got 7490 Grade (that makes 1990 Grade left without the titles in Milla's side but I don't think I'll get them all now because a lot of them can benefit from my future playthrough) so a few more hundreds and I should be all set for now.

kiryogi

Banned
R_thanatos said:
I see ..but my problem is that i hadn't any problem before 2 days ago..

i hope this get patched somehow ( not holding my breath )
It's quite odd. It's definitely a known problem, but no word from Namdai nor any patch yet. I still run into it every now and then. It just makes me uneasy having to force power down and running into that warning message about corrupted data.

8610 Grade and still on Jude's side! Still 870 on his side and 520 from Milla's side to max every title.

The ones I'm missing :

Rare Monsters 78/150 (50)
Link Artes 1609/4050 (50)
Chain Links 387/450 (20)
Chain Links 387/1350 (30)
Food eaten 1158/1600 (50)
Jude's evade ability 154/450 (90)
Leia's staff grow 150/450 (90)
Jude's restore ability 14/50 (10)
Jude's restore ability 14/150 (30)
Jude's restore ability 14/450 (90)
Milla's bind ability 151/450 (90)
Alvin's breaker ability 231/450 (90)
Elise's Tipo drain ability 222/450 (90)
Leia's item steal ability 174/450 (90)
A boss on Milla's side (10)
A boss on Milla's side (10)
Finish Milla's side (500)

So now I'm grinding what I can before the start of Milla's path. On the trophy side, only missing 3 before the platinum : Chain Links at 450 uses, Jude's restore ability at 150 uses and finish Milla's story.

Damn ...
i went into the store to redeem my CODE and get what it'll cost me to get those costumes ..
and i see that FREE 2p costume SET ...

Now i've tried them ( they are cool ) but i wonder if i got caught in a carrot & stick trap since i want the dlcs costumes EVEN more ...

Alright, after 94 hours I'm starting Milla's side. 9180 Grade, and I took quite a lot from the Grade shop :
Item x99, keep tool items, keep visual items, keep accessories, keep skill and arte books, keep special items, keep fell arms, experience x2, ingredient points x2, AC limit+1, keep arte usage, all skills 1SP. 9100 used with this setup.

Now I'm in the first field, and I'll stay here until I've grinded the title for 450 uses of Jude's Restore ability with those wolves. It was too hard to get my characters to get knocked down with maxed out stats in an efficient way for grinding so now with an average level of 5 it became viable.

kiryogi

Banned
I really think this is probably the best Tales story to date . . . But best Tales game yet? Probably not with some of it's shortcomings.

The rollercoaster keeps going. Beat Jirando and Milla "died". Had fun in the dream world. Apparently I missed out on a bit from Jude side, but Milla has her own reasons. . . Faced Muse, that was pretty goddamn annoying. Worse than Jude v Ivarl in the beginning. Then after that, it was Maxwell. . . Afterwards, Gaius and Muse absolutely makes sense finally. Muse's zeal is crazy, sorta reminds me of Elraine. I was actually caught off guard by her role, despite knowing how the end game is.

I have to say the game really does deliver on the theme of conviction. The most recent battles were great for them, and bgm to boot.

Sir_Crocodile said:
Was anyone who got the X Edition to the uk or any other 240v country brave enough to try it without a step down converter - just got mine and wondering whether it needs one.

I have the Lightning FF13 edition slim from japan in the UK, your perfectly fine to use it from the mains with no stepdown (been using it for about 6 months)

Edit: I couldn't get an answer so I just did it, how's my braveness rating?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Bahahaha. Guess who should have gotten her copy on Thursday, but alas, sent it to her boyfriend's house instead ((who didn't tell me until today) and who won't be back until next Monday)? Yaaaay... :(

But in other news, I got my FIVE Tales LE CD and I really love it. "Progress" really is one of the better Tales OP songs. But my favourite track on there is Brilliante. It's so pretty. And I really like the Tales of Xillia art on the cover and back. If they release an illustrations book for this game, I'll get it.

Zhund0r

Neo Member
InternHertz said:
On the trophy side, only missing 3 before the platinum : Chain Links at 450 uses, Jude's restore ability at 150 uses and finish Milla's story.

Is there a well translated trophy list or guide anywhere?

matmanx1

Only tangenitally related but I ordered a copy of The Best version of Tales of Rebirth on the PSP last week and received it in tne mail yesterday. I'm excited to check it out after hearing good things about the battle system. And of course to add a Tales game that I did not already own to my collection is a good thing.

Labadal

I know this isn't Xillia related, but to all EU people: Tales of Graces F is available for pre-order. I will be getting mine for £30 since I had a £5 voucher lying around. I would pre-order now if I were an interested Tales fan. Remember what happened with Vesperia physical copies.

Top Bottom