• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia |OT| - Teach me about Bazongas!

Esura

Banned
I don't think I could trust Amazon with a CE like this so I'll be picking mines up from the 'stop before work on Tuesday.

Bururian

I dropped a pre-order down for this game today. It'll be the first Tales game I've played since Abyss on the PS2. I'm looking forward to it.

LuuKyK

You know what sucks? I always have to see you guys complaining about no day one deliveries while I have to rely on these terrible importers here in my country, which basically means I will always be like, one to two weeks later than you all. :(( Fuck me.

Bururian

You know what sucks? I always have to see you guys complaining about no day one deliveries while I have to rely on these terrible importers here in my country, which basically means I will always be like, one to two weeks later than you all. :(( Fuck me.

I'll bet you'll enjoy it more, though.

robotnik

Only two weeks? In my case it's 1-2 months :\ Feel my pain.

untitledymkmp.png

Hurray. I'll get to play it for at least a day before i'm whisked away to chicago for the rest of the week :)

Given my progress on Graces f, there's not a chance I'll have it platinumed by Friday. Will this be the first time in the history of my gaming when I can get a new game and not be immediately compelled to play it for just a bit?

Also today I realised that I missed a skit in Graces, this has soured my mood somewhat.

That steelbook is nightmarish looking.

Shit. I hope it gets there safely at any rate.

I got mine coming in a week from now, and still I'm still finishing up SMT4, that's probably a good thing.

A.E Suggs

Just remembered Dragon Crown is out this week as well. So not only do I have little time I have to decide on which to play. I guess I'll play DC first as its shorter and has an online community for which could one day die.

Madridy

How does this game compare to Symphonia and Vesperia?

These are the only Tales games I've played and really liked them.

MilkBeard

Damn, two days before go-time and my Dualshock craps out on me. Actually it still works, but it doesn't register pressing up or down on the left analog stick. I started to notice that the controller was going wonky on me because sometimes the right analog stick would make the character do wonky things when I bumped it.

Thankfully, I finished L&L in Graces, then I beat Duplimar Dragon because I was automatically saved right there after finishing L&L. I went to Zhonecage and it broke and I beat the butler with that serious handicap of not being able to move forwards or backwards. It was kind of a fun challenge, but enough. ;)

Datschge

While true, most of the staff who worked on Xillia came from the Tales of Hearts team.

I'm curious what the rest of them have been doing then. We did have that recent copywriting of Tales titles, though I'm not expecting an announcement this year. I'd imagine it would have happened already.

Plenty Tales veterans (of up to 20 years) from "Team Destiny" didn't make the move into Namco Bandai Studios when Tales Studio was dissolved. Tatsuro Udo, responsible for battle and subsystems, is still there though (was involved as design support in Xillia 2) so I hope he gets to assemble a new team. As for the "Team Symphonia" people there's no clear indication so far, though (Namco director/producer for Symphonia, Abyss and Vespera) Higuchi's involvement in the upcoming Smash Bros. games may mean that being their current project (and also the cause why Tales Studio was finally actually absorbed).

chrono01

I'm not sure if it's been posted here or not, but apparently those that purchase the Collector's Edition also receive two additional PS3 themes, one called "Tales of Xillia Special 15th Anniversary" and the other "Tales of Xillia Bonus". We also, of course, get the Costume Pack.

I'm sure this applies to those that purchase the Limited Edition as well, since it's included on the voucher for the Costume Pack DLC. However, I've only seen evidence/proof of the Collector's Edition voucher.

Either way, this is great news! More freebies is never a bad thing. :)

Edit - Actually, I just saw an example of the Limited Edition voucher and it seems as though they're not getting the themes. Maybe it's exclusive to those of us that purchased the Collector's Edition?

Top Bottom