• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia |OT| - Teach me about Bazongas!

Pooya

oh, so that's why Milla's outfit is so crappy... that Ivar guy is indeed annoying.

I don't really like Tales games overall, except the skits, the reason I play them they always deliver in skits and this game is very good for that so far. I just hope they're not easily missable like Vesperia stuff.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I would say that Tales is one of the very few JRPG franchises that I've consistently enjoyed this generation.

I would say that Tales is one of the very few JRPG franchises that I've consistently enjoyed this generation.

I can't even think of any other console JRPG franchise that's been as consistent. I can think of a few stand outs like Xenoblade and Ni no Kuni but I can't even think of another console JRPG that had multiple releases this gen other then Final Fantasy...

What place?

there is an elevator at the bottom right (based of the map) near the marsh.

Why is there always random drama in snow towns in tales games... elize one is so dumb.

hmmm i'm getting all these teepo skits at a weird time that doesn't make sense... still goofy enough.

Question if you beat the game do all sub events get canceled?, I am one quest away from getting all 90 of them.

You have to do them in one playthrough.

After beating the final boss you are able to go back to your file and you'll have all the rewards from the fights but be before the point of no return so you can run around and do the rest of the sidequests you haven't done.

You will also be able to go to the EX Dungeon too.

Metaledgeking

Neo Member
You have to do them in one playthrough.

After beating the final boss you are able to go back to your file and you'll have all the rewards from the fights but be before the point of no return so you can run around and do the rest of the sidequests you haven't done.

You will also be able to go to the EX Dungeon too.
I have cleared the EX dungeon already and I am at 89 sub events done so I don't know if I can even do the last one or do I have to wait until the next playthrough.

Ugh, looks like I could have phrased my question better. Sorry man, I already knew that :3

What I wanted to know is how to change leader during the battles, I know you can do it outside of battles.

No he answered that as well- the person who is at the top of the list in the status screen is the leader in battles. So put whoever you want to play as on top.

Proven

It's a reason besides the high exp requirement for each new level that makes leveling at 80+ such a drag.

For me, that means that instead of the addictive checking of the board after each level, I'm just going to forget it exists until the next time I'm in town (Ah, x3 bonus on the weapon shop. Let's equip the new stuff... Huh? My Lilium is ready?) or whenever I lose at a boss (Ok, retry time, let's eat an extra gel for good measure... Oh yeah, that Lilium stuff might help).
Ugh, looks like I could have phrased my question better. Sorry man, I already knew that :3

What I wanted to know is how to change leader during the battles, I know you can do it outside of battles.
I'm not far enough in the game to know if it's possible in Xillia or not outside of swapping in 5th or 6th party members, but in either case you'll obtain some kind of Key Item for it.

Persona7

Banned
Damn, I am still far behind everyone. I put in 5 hours today.

I am at the part where you fight Ivar but he keeps fucking me up because I have barely used Jude

heiyu

Yeah, I know about that but I still get messed up. If I try to heal he instantly rushes up and kills me with a combo.

Maybe it is because I am tired, I am going to continue tomorrow.

i got beaten the first two times. then i got the timing of "dodging". only heal after the teleport or hit him after the teleport. i feel combat is "missing" something. in graces f it made me fight everything and here im avoiding fights in field. is that weird?

I got this game at launch and haven't opened it yet (seems to be an issue i have...i love this series too). I also have not completed Graces f yet (
I am near the end at the part just where you are chasing the main villain in some tree-like area within the planet...
).

Should I complete Graces f before Xillia? I am fully aware they are not sequels but I have a feeling that once I start Xillia I will never finish Graces f.

Also, how is the vocal work in Xillia? I am a huge fan of the work done in Abyss and Vesperia (loved Baker as Yuri...glad to see him get attention now) and I felt Graces f was worse than both (but much better than Star Ocean 4).

Is there a team dynamic between the characters and banter amongst them? I really enjoyed that feel from Abyss and Vesperia (eg. Guy's fear of women and Rita's bluntness provided a lot of comedy for me).

heiyu

I got this game at launch and haven't opened it yet (seems to be an issue i have...i love this series too). I also have not completed Graces f yet (
I am near the end at the part just where you are chasing the main villain in some tree-like area within the planet...
). you have an extra dungeon after that one of the tree and also the future arc, plenty to play still in graces f.

Should I complete Graces f before Xillia? I am fully aware they are not sequels but I have a feeling that once I start Xillia I will never finish Graces f. i stopped graces f in future arc because this game got released but im getting back, i like the combat system better, heck in xillia i run away from enemies in the field all the time because i dont get satisfaction fighting

Also, how is the vocal work in Xillia? I am a huge fan of the work done in Abyss and Vesperia (loved Baker as Yuri...glad to see him get attention now) and I felt Graces f was worse than both (but much better than Star Ocean 4). i like the voices, but elize and teepo could have been better imo, not to mention teepo opening his mouth and sound not getting out sometimes is really horrible...

Is there a team dynamic between the characters and banter amongst them? I really enjoyed that feel from Abyss and Vesperia (eg. Guy's fear of women and Rita's bluntness provided a lot of comedy for me).
there isn't lack of humor i can tell u that

SaintZ

OMG.

I fought Nachtigal, went through the marsh, beat the Chimeriad and Gaius. And then what happened after lskcnlwkdñxmwñekdmel. It was just too much. And I had eaten some food that increased my experience by 60% lmao. I didn't know I'd fight them one after the other. And I had less problems with Jiao/Presa/Wingul this time but Gaius was brutal.

Why do I have to sleep, I want to keep playing this game :(

Do the shops ever have bonuses for the fluid-type items (the ones that have the gel icon), the leafs, or the rocks? I have some really really valuable ones, but they never have the bonus at the shop, so they're just sitting there. If they're only ever valued at 1x, I should just spend them.

Oh man, love the Alvin + Leia high five dance at the end of battle.
Yup, still amazed me.
aonp7v.gif

aravuus

Filled with mana. rofl. Note that I said rofl but i was more cringing than laughing.

While I still find many Tales of skits funny as hell, they don't necessarily make me laugh out loud. With this though, I was laughing hard as hell AND going "what the tuck" at the same time lol

vall03

Why the fuck is Judes medical school uniform not a costume?! Guess thats Scamco for you, already disappointed that only Milla and Alvin got costumes from that one sidequest.

Also, its kinda cool that the Opening animation is different between Jude and Milla.

Top Bottom