• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia |OT| - Teach me about Bazongas!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Ok, I have one last quest in my log other than the feathers quest. Its about Rowen.
Love-fevered visions. I saw the cutscene at fezble marsh, but I don't know what to do next. I pretty much went to every location to no avail.

Trigleph.

Thanks. I guess I'll go scour that town then. :p Still no trophy for quests done. Does Millia get some that Jude doesn't?

You can get the trophy on mila path ( that's how i did it ).

Out of the hundred quests, you only need 90 to get the trophy , so if you're stuck now that mean you missed too many of them.
if you can visit both worlds
, at this point at least 10 new quests can be started so you might revisit some old towns to see if you can't trigger something

RPGCrazied

You can get the trophy on mila path ( that's how i did it ).

Out of the hundred quests, you only need 90 to get the trophy , so if you're stuck now that mean you missed too many of them.

Unless this Rowen quest is the last one I need to get it I don't know. I tried an did every single ! I saw. Can you carry over quests done in NG+?

can i use all the loots to expand the shops? or should i save some for something else ?
should i concentrate on expanding a specific shop, and keep the others behind ?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Some loot is for sidequests, but sometimes it's not hard to get more of them if you loop around the fields again.

I usually donated everything but kept 1 in my inventory just in case I needed it/because I'm weird and I always have to have one of everything in my inventory in RPGs so item limits drive me crazy. Even selling old armour/weapons for me is like pulling teeth.

Unless this Rowen quest is the last one I need to get it I don't know. I tried an did every single ! I saw. Can you carry over quests done in NG+?
I got all 90 subquests done on Jude's path. The EX Dungeon also counts as a subquest because it's connected to the fell arms quest. Remember, some of these quests are just dialogue encounters that only exist for a certain time period.

And iirc, you need to do all of them in a single playthrough?

For that quest : the normal way to clear it is :

-trigger it in the swamp
-go to
triglav
or how it's called in the localisation, it should trigger near the shops , near a girl.
-you get a skit after the scene ( optionnal but intresting to see )
-you get back to the town where you met rowen and go to the mansion.

Done

And no you need to all all quests in a single play.

i failed 4 quests and still got it when i tried so i know that you don't need them all to get the trophy

So I finally beat Jude's story.

Well the game had a way better ending than Graces for one thing. But what confuses me is how Milla appears in Xillia 2 if she becomes Maxwell and all. Can she move between worlds at will or something? Also, does Teepo appear in Xillia 2? Because judging by the ending Elize seems to have come to terms with him being just a machine and all.

Welp, time to do NG+ on Milla's side.

So I finally beat Jude's story.

Well the game had a way better ending than Graces for one thing. But what confuses me is how Milla appears in Xillia 2 if she becomes Maxwell and all. Can she move between worlds at will or something? Also, does Teepo appear in Xillia 2? Because judging by the ending Elize seems to have come to terms with him being just a machine and all.

Welp, time to do NG+ on Milla's side.

Since the question is about xillia 2:

Mila can move between worlds at will , muse too ( i'm guessing you're talking between spirit world & human world) .
Elise tried to come in terms with her life and start living without tipo , but one day tipo moved and he's back. ( yep just like that ) it's just a nasty plot escuse to bring tipo back.

I dread my Milla playthrough. After abusing the everloving fuck out of snap pivots I don't know if I can go back.

You'll learn to abuse the fuck out of magical attacks because of the monster weaknesses.
it's good , so good.

And you can also play Jude in mila path if you don't like it.

kewlmyc

After the (Chapter 2 spoiler)
Teepo reveal, it's hard to see him as a seperate character. All I see him as now is an extension of Elize. She's quite the feisty little 12 year old.

How the hell does fast travel work. No matter where I am, save point or not, it just says 'cannot travel using the world map at this time.' Yet, my friend who's playing this too said to fast travel from Nia Khera. to Hamil because it saves time and yet I don't seem to be able too!

Completely defendant on the plot as well. If the game wants you to enter into a specific map in a specific way, you can't fast travel your way around it.

Or if you can't go to a certain area due to whatever plot they got up too.

RPGCrazied

Some loot is for sidequests, but sometimes it's not hard to get more of them if you loop around the fields again.

I usually donated everything but kept 1 in my inventory just in case I needed it/because I'm weird and I always have to have one of everything in my inventory in RPGs so item limits drive me crazy. Even selling old armour/weapons for me is like pulling teeth.

I got all 90 subquests done on Jude's path. The EX Dungeon also counts as a subquest because it's connected to the fell arms quest. Remember, some of these quests are just dialogue encounters that only exist for a certain time period.

And iirc, you need to do all of them in a single playthrough?

For that quest : the normal way to clear it is :

-trigger it in the swamp
-go to
triglav
or how it's called in the localisation, it should trigger near the shops , near a girl.
-you get a skit after the scene ( optionnal but intresting to see )
-you get back to the town where you met rowen and go to the mansion.

Done

And no you need to all all quests in a single play.

i failed 4 quests and still got it when i tried so i know that you don't need them all to get the trophy

I guess I can count the ones in the completed list and see how many I have. Does the black feather quest ever end? I seems to constantly turn them in, still haven't got those costume rewards yet. You have to spend your feathers before it counts right?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I guess I can count the ones in the completed list and see how many I have. Does the black feather quest ever end? I seems to constantly turn them in, still haven't got those costume rewards yet. You have to spend your feathers before it counts right?
It ends when you have 459 feathers. Get crackin' on collectin'. And yes, you can keep track of how many feathers you have in the titles menu.

You don't have to spend feathers at all.

Edit: Just remember you can only hold 255 feathers at one time, so remember to just go talk to the guy to update your feather count so you can collect more if you hit the limit.

Voror

What other areas in the game act as good places to grind aside from the Floodplain? I've seen mention of some caves, but I'm not sure when those will become available.

Also is there any sort of trick to getting the X3 multipliers? Like reloading saves until they pop up or something?

Does anyone know where to get harmonica grass for that one sidequest? All the FAQs I see are for the Japanese version and every location is called something different. >_<

RPGCrazied

It ends when you have 459 feathers. Get crackin' on collectin'. And yes, you can keep track of how many feathers you have in the titles menu.

You don't have to spend feathers at all.

Edit: Just remember you can only hold 255 feathers at one time, so remember to just go talk to the guy to update your feather count so you can collect more if you hit the limit.

For the quest trophy, I guess its just sub events and not everything? Cause under sub events I have about 50 or so completed(how could I have missed so many?), but under completed tab I have over 90 completed.

I have 3 mission failed in my log.

aravuus

Does anyone know where to get harmonica grass for that one sidequest? All the FAQs I see are for the Japanese version and every location is called something different. >_<

I think it was either the next field or the next dungeon you go to after you start the sub event. The guide I used called the place "Alkand Wetlands" which obviously isn't the name it had in the localized version, but it's easy to infer what they meant.

I think it was either the next field or the next dungeon you go to after you start the sub event. The guide I used called the place "Alkand Wetlands" which obviously isn't the name it had in the localized version, but it's easy to infer what they meant.

Ah, alright. Thanks. I guess I haven't been there yet.

aravuus

Oh, and the grass is of course one of the materials you get from search points or monster drops. Not a key item in a chest or anything.

Holmes

Now just wait a year. :p One thing I hate about Namco is their localizing times.
Tru. I get to platinum the game though, so that'll shave a few days off of that. :p But with KH 1.5 HD, Ys IV, FFX|X-2 HD, Symphonia HD and Lightning Returns plus my backlog, I don't think I'm gonna be bored until it releases. But Xillia 2 is probably my most anticipated 2014 game already, even moreso than Dangan Ronpa.

edit: Finished the game and 205 skits viewed. So close!

Pooya

finally saw the game over screen for the first time after 9 hours or so. moderate was too easy so far then this boss comes in, it's level 16 apparently and same as my party and then spams nasty spells all over the place and seemingly I can't put a dent into it. meh tired.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Got a little into Act 2 now. I am enjoying this a hell of a lot now, I've been mixing around characters I have trying out different link artes. Combat to me is a hell of a lot of fun.

For the quest trophy, I guess its just sub events and not everything? Cause under sub events I have about 50 or so completed(how could I have missed so many?), but under completed tab I have over 90 completed.

I have 3 mission failed in my log.

"how could i have missed that many ?"

it's a tales of game !

and yes it's "sub-events"..story is just story and doesn't count. there should be a counter in the title menu telling you how many you have for your current play.

MilkBeard

I'm moving slower than most; I'm about to get to Xian Du and I'm around 25 hours in, so still in the first chapter. I like to spend time and walk all over the maps and get all the items, and finding subquests. I think I've let the game sit for a couple of hours, while browsing internet/falling asleep so actual game time is probably about 22 hours.

But really, with all that's happened in the game so far, I'm pretty satisfied with it. From what people say it's going to pick up even more and I'm pretty excited about that. This game is definitely hitting the spot for me.

Dead

well not really...yet
I love how fast the loading is in this game. Whether going from town area to town area, town to field, or even fast traveling, it's pretty much always nearly instant.

Im about 10 hours in and met Leia, the game is far more engaging than Graces which I never really felt compelled to play much past the beginning

aravuus

I love how fast the loading is in this game. Whether going from town area to town area, town to field, or even fast traveling, it's pretty much always nearly instant.

Im about 10 hours in and met Leia, the game is far more engaging than Graces which I never really felt compelled to play much past the beginning

Oh yeah, this is one of the big things I forgot to mention! I loved how loading times were almost non-existant, even before cutscenes it loaded for only a second or two. Which makes me wonder how in the world did they manage to fuck up the performance so bad otherwise, it's not a particularly pretty game yet I still got A LOT of slowdowns in battles.

Holmes

Leia's staff extension skill in battle is infuriating to pull off, let alone 150 times. Jude's snap pivot was so much easier for some reason.

I'm moving slower than most; I'm about to get to Xian Du and I'm around 25 hours in, so still in the first chapter. I like to spend time and walk all over the maps and get all the items, and finding subquests. I think I've let the game sit for a couple of hours, while browsing internet/falling asleep so actual game time is probably about 22 hours.
You're actually already in the second chapter.

Leia's staff extension skill in battle is infuriating to pull off, let alone 150 times. Jude's snap pivot was so much easier for some reason.

She does learn a skill where doing flash guard will cause her staff to extend. Then it makes it so much easier for her to pull off staff extensions.

MilkBeard

You're actually already in the second chapter.

Oh really? I was expecting a trophy or something that said 'chapter one' etc. etc. based on what people were saying in here. There are no distinct chapters then? I did get a trophy of some sort a while back but thought it was for something else.

Holmes

She does learn a skill where doing flash guard will cause her staff to extend. Then it makes it so much easier for her to pull off staff extensions.
I'm basically done my second lilium orb and I don't see that skill. And I'm only getting 2 GP per level up now, so will I need to be at like level 80+ before I can even get it?

edit: wow I'm an idiot, I looked like 3 times and I passed by it each time. Time to get this show on the road.

I'm basically done my second lilium orb and I don't see that skill. And I'm only getting 2 GP per level up now, so will I need to be at like level 80+ before I can even get it?

Not sure what it is called now, but it is on her second lilium orb, the 5th level.

Oh really? I was expecting a trophy or something that said 'chapter one' etc. etc. based on what people were saying in here. There are no distinct chapters then? I did get a trophy of some sort a while back but thought it was for something else.

You got one for finishing chapter 1..

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Found this on twitter. Totally worth it.

BRl1klPCAAAyfla.jpg:large

FSLink

Banned

edit: wow I'm an idiot, I looked like 3 times and I passed by it each time. Time to get this show on the road.

What is it called in the localization? I haven't gotten it yet either but I'm like half way done with the second Lilium Orb.

Top Bottom